****Draft lottery, trade rumors, Kevin Love- Draft In game******

The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to theCleveland Cavaliers for No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, according to media reports.
ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Monday that the Cavs and Timberwolves have a "handshake agreement" for a Love trade. Yahoo! Sports reported on Thursday that Love has committed to to opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with Cleveland next summer five years and $120 million-plus.
The trade cannot be finalized until Aug. 23.

The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to theCleveland Cavaliers for No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, according to media reports.
ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Monday that the Cavs and Timberwolves have a "handshake agreement" for a Love trade. Yahoo! Sports reported on Thursday that Love has committed to to opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with Cleveland next summer five years and $120 million-plus.
The trade cannot be finalized until Aug. 23.

I believe Woj over fat ass Windhorst. Looks like Sixers not involved now.

No, not at all, but it probably doesn't hurt when you're playing on a winning team. It's human nature.

Wiggins may very well have what you say...he still hasn't played one minute in the NBA and did he even really dominate on defense in college? You're making him out to be a sure fire HOFer....which again, he very well may be but he's an unknown ball of potential at this point.

If it's about Bron and making him happy, which it very well may be, it seems Bron is okay with Love and his defense. I would put more stock in LeBron's opinion than any one of ours on here...and it seems quite obvious what his opinion is.

Wiggs at Kansas was a lockdown defender that played the most minutes while often guarding the opponents best player. The stats dont look as good as it should defensively because of the role Self used him (basically a cover corner). Boxscore scouts punished Wiggs for his lack of steal and block numbers without looking at context. Its like penalizing Revis for not leading the league in interceptions year after year, he cant get them if they dont throw it his way.

Bron doesnt know squat about putting a team together. He was also the one that pushed the Cavs into breaking the bank for Larry Hughes.

I don't think Wiggs is a surefire HOF'er, but what he has is the makings of a top tier 2 way player, something that is extremely rare in the NBA these days.

Wiggs at Kansas was a lockdown defender that played the most minutes while often guarding the opponents best player. The stats dont look as good as it should defensively because of the role Self used him (basically a cover corner). Boxscore scouts punished Wiggs for his lack of steal and block numbers without looking at context. Its like penalizing Revis for not leading the league in interceptions year after year, he cant get them if they dont throw it his way.

Bron doesnt know squat about putting a team together. He was also the one that pushed the Cavs into breaking the bank for Larry Hughes.

I don't think Wiggs is a surefire HOF'er, but what he has is the makings of a top tier 2 way player, something that is extremely rare in the NBA these days.

Exactly.

Yep, that was Kansas...in the NCAA.

Bron may not know squat, but again, I'd take his opinion over yours (or mine, or anyone else on this site) 100% of the time. You are literally acting as if you know more than LeBron right now about how to construct a team....forgive me if I think that's hilarious.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong about Wiggins...he may turn out to be a HOFer....but take off the Toronto colored glasses for a second and look at this rationally. You just said you don't think he's a surefire HOFer....well he damn well better be if you're going to pass up Kevin Love for him.

Nevermind that I actually believe Bennett is going to grow into a decent player as well, obviously this is just a Wiggins/Love trade anyway

That deal, Bennett, Wiggins and a 1st rounder is ludicrous imo, and yes, even though someone hasn't played one minute of NBA ball doesn't make him expendable, especially for Kevin Love. But grats to the Wolves for pulling this off if it's true.

Unless they take something around Waiters and future 1sts I dont make the trade right now

Minny has no leverage every day we go, if they lose him for free the franchise gets set back another 5 years

see how Wiggins progresses after practicing with LeBron for a few months, at worst he's another great defender they can use to rest LeBron on D, but he has the potential to be an incredibly cheap valuable player the next 3-4 years

if Love wants to play with LeBron, wait a year

No leverage....

you don't have to always have leverage to get a favorable result, but it helps. Minny still did not have leverage but got it done. Props to them.

It's actually a pretty good deal for both sides. given the situation, both teams got something good out of the deal. Cavs get a player that is more ready to help them win now. Wolves get a player (or two) that are young and athletic and can be a big part of the "ongoing" rebuilding here.

no leverage

they didnt have leverage

its clear LeBron wanted love, he's basically the GM of the Cavs now, team made the deal and it was obviously set up back to LeBrons letter when he named everyone but Wiggins/Bennett

they got a great deal, I think they struggle this year (for the best) and with another good pick next year they have the beginnings of a real good nucleus if Rubio can get his shot to anywhere near league average

Wolves fans should be happy

they didnt have leverage

its clear LeBron wanted love, he's basically the GM of the Cavs now, team made the deal and it was obviously set up back to LeBrons letter when he named everyone but Wiggins/Bennett

they got a great deal, I think they struggle this year (for the best) and with another good pick next year they have the beginnings of a real good nucleus if Rubio can get his shot to anywhere near league average

Wolves fans should be happy

that's the leverage.

they are going to suck for a year or two. Rubio is overrated though. Not that great of a defender despite all the steals (he gets a lot of fouls too).

Didn't the CAVS up their intiial offer to include Wiggins?

First offer by CAVS was reported as Waiters/Bennet/draft pick

Lebron also favored waiters over wiggins

Ego driven trade, his whole essay was hot wind.

Minny looks athletic, but no one on that team can shoot. If Bennet stays, he is by far their best shooter. However, I wouldnt be surprised if they are better without Love in the line up.

Minny looks athletic, but no one on that team can shoot. If Bennet stays, he is by far their best shooter. However, I wouldnt be surprised if they are better without Love in the line up.

agree with this. easy to key on the only guy that can make a bucket from the outside.

agree with this. easy to key on the only guy that can make a bucket from the outside.

Hopefully for you, Minny doesnt go through with this stupid Bennett for Young deal. I really do think Minny will be better without Love. Alot of their offense should come from their defense, unless Lavine turns into a turnstyle.

I agree with p-unit, both teams won here

superstars always have and always will run this league it's nothing new. If lebron is on my team I'd make sure he is happy

[h=1]Andrew Wiggins told his former college coach he hopes to be traded to Minnesota[/h]Brett Pollakoff
Aug 10, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT

451289638-1.jpg
Getty Images
Andrew Wiggins has been put in an unusually difficult situation for a rookie, being immersed in trade rumors ever since being taken as the number one overall pick in this summer’s draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The selection of Wiggins came before LeBron James announced his decision to come to Cleveland as a free agent, which obviously changed the team’s outlook on the upcoming season.
With James in place, the Cavaliers went from a rebuilding, borderline playoff team in the East to one that could potentially contend for a title, and do so immediately — which means that acquiring proven All-Star talent in trade takes precedence over waiting for a newly-drafted rookie to reach his potential.
That brings us back to Wiggins, who in all likelihood will be headed to Minnesota as part of the deal that will bring Kevin Love to the Cavaliers.
It would be easy for him to feel slighted in some way, like he isn’t considered good enough to even play a small role on a team that’s expected to compete for a championship. But Wiggins is taking the high road, choosing to believe that the situation in Minnesota will be better for his long-term prospects.
From The Associated Press (via Sporting News):
Andrew Wiggins told Kansas coach Bill Self that he wants to be traded from Cleveland to Minnesota because the No. 1 overall pick believes it will be better for his long-term future. …
When all this trade stuff started, I talked to Andrew and Andrew told me, “I hope I get traded,” Self said. “And I’m like, ‘No you don’t.’ And he said, “Coach, I do. It’s better for me, knowing my personality and what I need to do, to go somewhere where I’m forced to be something as opposed to going in there where they’re going to be patient with me and I’m going to be a piece.” …
“Even though in a weird way everybody would love the opportunity to play with LeBron because you’re guaranteed winning,” Self said, “for the longevity of his career, he needs to develop that mindset to be the guy, for him to be great, and I think being Minnesota will help him do that.”
Wiggins backed up this sentiment with a post to his Instagram account on Saturday.
“I’m here to beat the odds that was set against me, wished the worst luck to anyone who bet against me,” the caption read.
Wiggins is essentially using this turn of events as motivation to succeed before his NBA career has even gotten started, and there’s nothing wrong with that. He will be forced into action much more quickly in Minnesota than he would have been in Cleveland, and he knows better than anyone if that’s going to be the best thing for him in terms of his personal and professional development.

I agree with p-unit, both teams won here

superstars always have and always will run this league it's nothing new. If lebron is on my team I'd make sure he is happy
maybe now, but you think before?

just curious what you mean exactly

Kevin Love trade a three-team deal, source says

• Article by: JERRY ZGODA , Star Tribune
  • Updated: August 22, 2014 - 8:36 AM
Sixers, Young involved in Wolves’ three-team megadeal, source reports.

<!-- Article header area[End] -->The 30-day waiting period on the Kevin Love trade ends Saturday, when the Wolves are expected to finalize and announce the franchise’s biggest player transaction since it sent away superstar Kevin Garnett seven years ago. The trade specifics, however, were confirmed as final Thursday night by the Star Tribune.
Cleveland is allowed by NBA rules to trade newly signed No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins on Saturday, when the following will be completed, according to a person with knowledge of the trade:
• It will be a three-team deal involving the Wolves, Cleveland and Philadelphia.
• The Wolves will receive Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett, 76ers forward Thaddeus Young and a trade exception believed to be worth at least $4 million that they can use to acquire a player in the next year without being strapped by salary-cap rules.
• The Cavaliers will get Love to team with superstar LeBron James and guard Kyrie Irving.
• Philadelphia will receive Miami’s 2015 first-round pick that the Cavaliers own as well as the expiring contracts of Wolves players Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved. Like 76ers lottery pick Joel Embiid, Mbah a Moute is from Cameroon and has mentored the gifted but injured center chosen third in the June draft. The Sixers expect Mbah a Moute’s presence to ease Embiid’s NBA transition.
In Young, the Wolves add a veteran presence who can start at Love’s power-forward spot. Young has started at least 76 games the past two seasons and averaged 17.9 points and six rebounds a game last season, his best statistically in his seven-year career in Philadelphia.

</EM>

Cavs give up the last two number one overall picks plus what could be another lottery pick

Good for the Wolves

Except one of the number one picks is Bennett and he blows.

He was pretty bad last year, that's for sure and no one can really dispute that. To say he blows though is kinda short-sighted just a little bit though don't you think? The kid is still only 21 yrs old ffs...he was a 20 yr old on a pretty bad team last year, getting acclimated to the NBA. I'm certainly not saying he's going to turn it around and become an all-star, but he's lost 20 pounds and seems to have started to take things a bit more seriously on the conditioning front. He also looked pretty damn good in the Summer League this year (it's just Summer League, I know), so that's another step in the right direction. I just don't understand writing a kid off who just recently turned the legal drinking age and has played in one season in the NBA, regardless of how bad that season was.

Yeah I certainly wouldn't write Bennett off, great off-season for him. I'm pretty certain he's not as bad as he played last year. 20 lbs less and a great Summer League run should give the Wolves plenty of hope.

I overstated it, but it was a bad draft class and he was kind of a surprise number one and he failed to impress and there was out loud speculation as to whether he should be in the D-league because he wasn't playing (for a bad team). And he's Canadian.

So grouping him into the trade bounty as a number one pick is sort of artificial, convenient, lazy. I'd trade Bennett sooner than Waiters.

I'm a ton more disappointed in losing Wiggy than Bennett. I agree that Lebron, and owner Gilbert, had the foot on the gas on this deal. Lebron wanted Love, LeBron's the GM. I still say they could have waited a little bit, but what are 'ya gonna do. We're going to win a championship or two. Just on talent alone. (That's aimed at t-dot.)

I haven't seen meaningful team defense in the NBA in twenty years.

Not a real big NBA fan, so I'll accept whatever you guys want to caution me about. But team's going to the finals. The east sucks. The Bulls suck. Who's going to beat 'em?

Espn reporting suns offered Bledsoe .

Too little, too late for that ship. Plus Minnesota isn't gonna want to pay Bledsoe $15M+/yr when they are getting what they're getting from the Cavs and Sixers. Hahaha at the Suns trying to make a deal now.

had a good run of games in early Feb too, then his minutes started getting taken away again

with how Minny is going to be next year, they need to just let him and Wiggo develop

I'd look to trade Rubio too if he can pick up some value

I'm a ton more disappointed in losing Wiggy than Bennett. I agree that Lebron, and owner Gilbert, had the foot on the gas on this deal. Lebron wanted Love, LeBron's the GM. I still say they could have waited a little bit, but what are 'ya gonna do. We're going to win a championship or two. Just on talent alone. (That's aimed at t-dot.)

I haven't seen meaningful team defense in the NBA in twenty years.

Not a real big NBA fan, so I'll accept whatever you guys want to caution me about. But team's going to the finals. The east sucks. The Bulls suck. Who's going to beat 'em?

You need to watch last years Spurs , the Year before the Heat and the 2008 Celtics, all within the last 20 years and played exceptional team defense...

You'd sign Bledsoe for max right now?

^

I think there would be a 3rd team involved, Celtics don't need another guard ( i could see it working though depending on who else they move and get) but if you had a choice of one over the other, Yes I would take bledsoe at his age and his abilities with a max offer over Rondo and his abilities -now throw in the intangibles - Rondo needs the ball in his hands to be effective, Bledsoe doesn't, will other players want to come to Boston to play with Bledsoe? ( i believe yes) ... Bottom line - Danny is not giving Rondo a Max contract (99% sure), he is not going to build around Rondo.. my .02
Jeff Green and Bass will both be moved this year as well...

Last edited:
Back