****Draft lottery, trade rumors, Kevin Love- Draft In game******

He wanted a shorter contract than 5 years, and when Indiana offered less money per season for a 3 year deal than a 5 year one he got offended. He basically thinks that if he cleans up his act over the next couple of seasons he is a near-max contract kind of player.

I disagree with him but don't think he will cost himself money by any means, and when the salary cap goes up as expected in 2 years he could benefit from this move.

Indiana is now screwed and doesn't have enough cap space to go after an Eric Bledsoe, may go after Rodney Stuckey or Mo Williams and move George Hill to the 2.

Wizards gobble up all the frontcourt depth. Top 3-4 in East I think.

I was going to write something up about them - for a team without any picks they have done pretty well..... and if Otto Porter (number 3 pick last year) can contribute a little bit...

I don't get how Stephenson turned down Pacers 44 mill for 5 years contract to sign with Charlotte for 27.5 mill for 3 years, with third being team's option...
Almost the same money per season, but much longer contract in a team that knows him, a team that he played well for and on paper, has better chance to compete, than the Hornets...

smart play for kid who is only 23 years old... getting better every year, plays hard defense... will be one of the top free agents when his contract expires and will still only be 26 years old...

Free agent Brandon Rush has agreed to a one-year deal with Golden State, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Rush's deal with the Warriors will be two years -- not one. He'll hold a player option on the second year.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are now offering No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins in attempts to trade forMinnesota Timberwolves All-Star forward Kevin Love, league sources have confirmed.
[h=4]More from ESPN.com[/h]
i
Grantland's Bill Simmons, Chuck Klosterman and crew weigh in on whether an Andrew Wiggins-for-Kevin Love trade makes sense for either team. Story

The availability of Wiggins could lead to a blockbuster trade that could shift the balance of power in the Eastern Conference and the league as a whole.
The two clubs have been engaged in trade discussions since LeBron James announced that he would return to Cleveland last Friday. But the Cavaliers' refusal to include the 19-year-old Wiggins in any trade stalled talks, as sources said the Timberwolves were unwilling to send Love to Cleveland without receiving the former star Kansas guard in return.
The Cavaliers are in discussions with Wiggins' representatives about signing the rookie. If Cleveland does sign Wiggins, it would have to wait 30 days before trading him.
The Cavaliers and new coach David Blatt have stated privately and publicly that they would not deal Wiggins.
[h=4]SportsNation: Wiggins for Love?[/h]
espn_sportsnation_80.gif
If you were Cavs GM, would you trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love? Would Love make the Cavs favorites? Vote! »

The Timberwolves are also talking with Golden State about a Love trade. The Warriors have offered All-Star David Lee and Harrison Barnes, but their unwillingness to include Klay Thompson has led to a stalemate, sources said.
Love, a three-time All-Star, has told the Timberwolves he will not re-sign with them upon becoming a free agent after next season. That has prompted Minnesota to field trade offers for him.
Sources said Love would sign a long-term contract with Cleveland to play alongside James.
News of the Cavs' change in stance regarding Wiggins in trade talks for Love was first reported by the Lake County News-Herald in Ohio.

The future of one of the most talented free agents left on the market remains cloudy, as Eric Bledsoe and the Phoenix Suns remain far apart in contract talks, according to sources close to the situation.
[+] Enlarge<cite style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; color: rgb(171, 171, 171); background: transparent;">Christian Petersen/Getty Images</cite>Eric Bledsoe is coming off a career season but is not close to a long-term deal with the Suns.

The Suns have offered Bledsoe a four-year, $48 million contract, but the point guard wants a maximum five-year, $80 million deal, league sources said.
A restricted free agent, Bledsoe averaged 17.7 points, 5.5 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season.
The thought that the Suns will match any offer Bledsoe receives from a competing club has deterred teams from aggressively pursuing the 24-year-old point guard. Phoenix has thus far refused to discuss potential sign-and-trade opportunities.
But the Suns' completion of a sign-and-trade deal for Isaiah Thomas, along with the drafting of point guard Tyler Ennis, has potential suitors believing that Phoenix may move on from Bledsoe, league sources said.
The Milwaukee Bucks have been mentioned as a team with interest in Bledsoe, and Sacramento and Houston, which recently traded away Jeremy Lin, could be in the market for a point guard.

Be interesting to see what happens, wonder if warriors cave and give klay. That's the better deal, but klay will cost a lot more than wiggins after next year.

Cavs would be stupid to give up Wiggins imo, Love is not worth the #1 overall

Once he grows into the NBA he's going to be such a stud

I understand both sides of argument.

I would trade him for love now. You can win titles immediately.

Wiggins is cheap, and honestly I'm not sure who else the Cavs could afford after this season if they got love.
Max for Lebron, love, and kyrie

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 4h

LeBron James has reached to tell Kevin Love of his desire for them to play together with the Cavaliers, front office sources tell Yahoo.

• <b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply js-tooltip" data-modal="tweet-reply" type="button" title="Reply" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply</button>Replied to 0 times</b>
  • <b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet js-tooltip" title="Retweet" data-modal="tweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Retweet</button><button class="ProfileTweet-actionCount js-actionCount js-tooltip" data-activity-popup-title="Retweeted 2,586 times" data-tweet-stat-count="2586" title="Retweeted 2,586 times" type="button" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 4px; position: relative; top: 2px; transition: padding 0.5s ease-out; -webkit-transition: padding 0.5s ease-out; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Retweeted 2,586 times2.6K</button></b>
  • <b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite js-tooltip" title="Favorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Favorite</button><button class="ProfileTweet-actionCount js-actionCount js-tooltip" data-activity-popup-title="Favorited 925 times" data-tweet-stat-count="925" title="Favorited 925 times" type="button" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-family: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 4px; position: relative; top: 2px; transition: padding 0.5s ease-out; -webkit-transition: padding 0.5s ease-out; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Favorited 925 times925</button></b>
  • <b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target"><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-tooltip js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" title="More" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More</button></b>

Do it in a heart beat... potential vs knowing what you have in love and the spot that he fits.....would have a decent bench as well...

Love gets paid a max contract. like the way he stretches the floor but are we sure this guy is worth a max deal and makes guys around him better or is he a better 3 pt shooting Chris Bosh from the Raptors?

Love gets paid a max contract. like the way he stretches the floor but are we sure this guy is worth a max deal and makes guys around him better or is he a better 3 pt shooting Chris Bosh from the Raptors?

I believe he is better - and yes he does make people around him better... my .0000000000002

right, and I think he probably passes the test too.... but he's making waaaaaay more than Andrew Wiggins over the next four years. It's not Wiggins for Love, it's Wiggins plus like $14M cap space per year for Love.

The TWolves have to jump on this if the offer is Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a future #1. Minny is getting the last 2 #1 picks overall which should be marketable to the fanbase that has to know Love isn't going to resign there. Much better than Klay Thompson + whatever else the Warriors are offering.

Would allow them to concentrate on keeping Ricky Rubio ( a dissapointment so far imo) and have Pekovic, Deng, Wiggins, Bennett, and Levine together for the next 4+ seasons...nice young core to develop.

The TWolves have to jump on this if the offer is Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a future #1. Minny is getting the last 2 #1 picks overall which should be marketable to the fanbase that has to know Love isn't going to resign there. Much better than Klay Thompson + whatever else the Warriors are offering.

Would allow them to concentrate on keeping Ricky Rubio ( a dissapointment so far imo) and have Pekovic, Deng, Wiggins, Bennett, and Levine together for the next 4+ seasons...nice young core to develop.

that Wolves core is pretty good if you ask me. Dieng is coming around and me thinks this dude is going to be a double double threat along with a healthy Pekovic. As you mentioned Rubio has been a bit of a disappointment, fun to watch but TOs and D is shit.
Think this trade would work for both sides and Raptors, Wiggins signs a contract than realizes how shit Minnesota is and opts out then moves to Toronto :)

right, and I think he probably passes the test too.... but he's making waaaaaay more than Andrew Wiggins over the next four years. It's not Wiggins for Love, it's Wiggins plus like $14M cap space per year for Love.

Understood, but that is what happens when you buy into a known commodity.. Wiggins Might turn into a great player, but today you know exactly what you are getting in Love. - I then look at the rest of the team and how it is built if he is on it.

Irving at pg, Waiters at SG, James, SF, Love at PF, Varajo at center..

definitely a nasty team. Isn't waiters in the trade talks? Either way, I can definitely see both sides, and Love is one of my favorite players to watch -- I think teaming up with LeBron would be awesome TV. But IMO if I were the Cavs I would stay put until you saw some live game action.

definitely a nasty team. Isn't waiters in the trade talks? Either way, I can definitely see both sides, and Love is one of my favorite players to watch -- I think teaming up with LeBron would be awesome TV. But IMO if I were the Cavs I would stay put until you saw some live game action.

not sure if he is, but thats ok if he goes,, you would have 3 scorers already in the lineup, plus mike miller and james jones,, and possibly ray allen....

and Remember Love is only 25 years old,, its not like your getting a 32/33 year old chasing a last chance title.. you could have him for the next 10 years...

ask your self .. will wiggins be as good as Kevin Love? ... that's a long way to go for potential

the issue is though, if you get 3 guys all on max deals (LeBron, Love, Kyrie) you run in to the same situation Miami was in with no depth

they likely can't re-sign any of the young guys they dont trade with Wiggins

`

Unless they take something around Waiters and future 1sts I dont make the trade right now

Minny has no leverage every day we go, if they lose him for free the franchise gets set back another 5 years

see how Wiggins progresses after practicing with LeBron for a few months, at worst he's another great defender they can use to rest LeBron on D, but he has the potential to be an incredibly cheap valuable player the next 3-4 years

if Love wants to play with LeBron, wait a year

Minny has the leverage right now. They might overplay their hand , but they seem to be trying to get Cavs and Gs in a bidding war.

the issue is though, if you get 3 guys all on max deals (LeBron, Love, Kyrie) you run in to the same situation Miami was in with no depth

they likely can't re-sign any of the young guys they dont trade with Wiggins

`

Understood, looking from another angle...
Lebrons deal is only for 2 years in which he can re-sign at a lower salary (doesn't mean he will), the cap will probably go up a little each year - i believe the TV contract for espn and tnt might be expiring soon which will mean a bidding war as Foxsports1 will want in and drive the price up and will affect the salary cap.....

with all that being said Miami had similar situation and made out pretty good... just putting this out there,, i think this whole thing is fun to discuss and play GM..

btw ,,, my hope for Love to Boston is dwindling but as soon as he gets traded... Rondo will be gone which i am fine with...

not sure if this was posted..

The Pacers moved quickly to bring in a shooting guard and Wednesday night they agreed to terms with Detroit Pistons free agent Rodney Stuckey.

Unless they take something around Waiters and future 1sts I dont make the trade right now

Minny has no leverage every day we go, if they lose him for free the franchise gets set back another 5 years

see how Wiggins progresses after practicing with LeBron for a few months, at worst he's another great defender they can use to rest LeBron on D, but he has the potential to be an incredibly cheap valuable player the next 3-4 years

if Love wants to play with LeBron, wait a year

Ehh hes like 19 or so, why waste a prime year for lebron. I go ahead and make the move.

Understood, looking from another angle...
Lebrons deal is only for 2 years in which he can re-sign at a lower salary (doesn't mean he will), the cap will probably go up a little each year - i believe the TV contract for espn and tnt might be expiring soon which will mean a bidding war as Foxsports1 will want in and drive the price up and will affect the salary cap.....

with all that being said Miami had similar situation and made out pretty good... just putting this out there,, i think this whole thing is fun to discuss and play GM..

btw ,,, my hope for Love to Boston is dwindling but as soon as he gets traded... Rondo will be gone which i am fine with...

lebron's deal is 2 years so that he can make more, not less

bron made 30 million just by having a 1% ownership in beats by dre...

he is the most marketable athlete in the world....and one of the richest on endorsements alone.

get love in and its steeds vs eggs

Ehh hes like 19 or so, why waste a prime year for lebron. I go ahead and make the move.

I wouldnt say wasting, without the trade they are still a top team in the East, either 1 or 2 depending on how much someone trusts Rose's knee

I would think of it this way LeBron is 29 and I think he's a better athlete than MJ was who was still the MVP at age 35 when he retired (was able to still put up 22 when he came back with the wiz at 40)

So assume LeBron can still be a top 5 player in the league another 7 years, this 2 year deal than the 5 year max he will sign after it

Wiggins for Love makes them better in year 1 99%

that's the only guarantee, because even in year 2 Wiggins + cap space to sign player x might be better, player x might even be love

by year 3 Wiggins on his own may be better, and they still have the cap space

Has to be a joke right? Why would the Lakers give up that much for Bledsoe when, as it's pointed out in the article, Phoenix already has Dragic and Isiah Thomas at PG? The Lakers would seem to have all the leverage in the talks with Phoenix, and it wouldn't seem to make any sense to give up that much when they can just say "okay, keep him by signing him to a big deal and then you have 3 PGs on your team."

You guys value draft picks way too high. It's like a 50/50 prop that a player will be decent.

Bledsoe is a very good player the concern is that he is injury prone.

Suns have already said they will match whatever a team offers, so have to do a sign and trade to get him.

You guys value draft picks way too high. It's like a 50/50 prop that a player will be decent.

Bledsoe is a very good player the concern is that he is injury prone.

Suns have already said they will match whatever a team offers, so have to do a sign and trade to get him.

Agree with you, and you're right about the Suns matching so only a sign and trade will take him. I still question why the Lakers would give up that much when you force Phoenix to match a deal for Bledsoe (or they're just stuck with signing him if not forced to match) and leave them with 3 PGs taking up more than enough of their salary cap space. They will have to make a move at some point, you would think....the Lakers seemingly have the leverage.

Back