Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

I wouldn't mind Obie. Belichick's HC coaching tree is just a little overrated though. He's got Saban, Pat Hill, Ferentz, O'Brien, Weiss with varying degrees of success in college (not so much Weiss). He's got Saban (again), Romeo, Mangini, Schwartz, McDaniels in the NFL. Maybe it's the hoodie.

BTW Chip Kelly will put a Petey Carroll and leave Eugene on probation.

Oh, absolutely.

Also, seeing as this is almost certainly his last game, why the hell am I not betting Oregon here?

:thumbsup2:

Chip Kelly also supposed to visit. I want a new schooler, but odds are old man Ralphie will take an old name

But Ralphie is no longer involved in any football decisions. Not sure if it matters that he isn't, I don't see the Bills hiring Chip Kelly. Not sure why Nix wasn't shown the door as well, but his old-school mentality will most likely prevent the Chip Kelly experiment from happening.

Now, you may not believe that Ralph is truly out of the decision making process entirely, and that may be true. I guess we shall see.

Probably will not know for a couple years, Alex. Rest assured though, could be a double win. Getting screwed seems to be in both teams' DNA.

Quiet, Gruv. Enjoy having one of the best HCs in the league. (grumble grumble)

As for Buffalo, I heard today on the radio that Nix is essentially packing up his office as well.

The theory on Buffalo is that if Kelly goes there they bring in Vick. But it was sort of a down the food chain theory. They expected Philly or Cleveland before Buffalo.

Lol at Todd Haley getting interviews!

That's the type of shit the eagles better not do. Hire some bum who stunk b4 as a HC.

Haley would seem to be climbing down the ladder of coaching jobs, not up. Big Ben might pay for that guy to go away.

No idea how a GM and owner are sitting around saying hmmm who should we target?
Lets bring in Todd Haley!!

I would guard the door to let Smoke to repeatedly punch Lurie in the nuts if the Birds hired Haley.

Hell, SalPal may even help me.

It would be more than justified.

I mean it should happen but if I am Juan I don't like how I was tossed under bus during season

Bill Obrien interviewed with Browns, this probably cost him half his players regardless if he takes the job.

Could be the end of psu since current players can still transfer.

I love that the Browns are moving fast on the guys who seem to be considered the top tier hires. This gives me hope.

haha, him leaving would do more damage than sandusky did probably, at least close. it will kill them, sad

Quiet, Gruv. Enjoy having one of the best HCs in the league. (grumble grumble)

As for Buffalo, I heard today on the radio that Nix is essentially packing up his office as well.

The theory on Buffalo is that if Kelly goes there they bring in Vick. But it was sort of a down the food chain theory. They expected Philly or Cleveland before Buffalo.

My thought is that wherever Kelly goes, he's bringing Vick with him. He's a perfect fit for Chip's offense, even if he doesn't run the exact offense he's running now.

peter king says obrien will probably stay, psu has place in plan to hire a coach quick, possibly from within. probably charles london

My thought is that wherever Kelly goes, he's bringing Vick with him. He's a perfect fit for Chip's offense, even if he doesn't run the exact offense he's running now.

Disagree
Vick is fragile. He ain't taking any hits plus he has no idea how to avoid hits..

And he is no spring chicken... and he is just not a good qb

He's not young, but to say he's "just not a good qb" isn't right either. My point is that Vick is a better fit with Chip than any of the QBs on any team he's been rumored with. Vick was an MVP candidate 2 years ago. I get that he's been hurt and may even be "fragile," but that doesn't change the fact that his skill set is pretty much a wet dream for Chip. You may be right, and he may be too damaged to return to his MVP-type form, but me thinks it's a good risk to take for Chip.

Kelly apparently is not high on Vick at all bc of all the turnovers

Could be true. Having 1 of his 5 offensive linemen being of NFL caliber didn't help though. And you all hate Reid so much, so his play calling has to factor into those turnovers somewhere as well. But if Chip Kelly said that, I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

Fact is of chip.wanted vick.so bad he would go to Philly no.question

Vick is under contract there guys..

I really think Vick's about done as a starting QB. Just fan talk. But put yourself in any fan base and try being excited about Vick.

Interesting that OBrien has interviewed with the Browns already. He is highly recommended by Brady and Hoodie. That great Eagles team in 08 was nearly last in defense but still made a great run. I'm assuming that was because of Johnson's defense? If any defense was overrated over the years it was Philadelphia's. Considering the lack of weapons Andy's offense had I think he did pretty damn good.

youd think when the second most important person on the eagles defense for the majority of the good years comes out and says EXACTLY what we eagles fans were telling you last night, youd come in contrite and say "sorry, you guys were right I was wrong." I do admire your going down with the ship mentality though

Fact is of chip.wanted vick.so bad he would go to Philly no.question

Vick is under contract there guys..

Right. I think Chip is going to end up there. Just my opinion, but that's my guess. Having Vick and McCoy, along with their WRs (Jackson may be a mess and Maclin does take too many big hits) seems like the best fit for a Chip Kelly offense.

Did anyone see Vicks throw sunday inside.the.10 to a wide open wr? He had a guy in slot wide open n tried to throw.a bb when all he needed was some touch.
Guy is overrated

I really think Vick's about done as a starting QB. Just fan talk. But put yourself in any fan base and try being excited about Vick.

Cleveland would be more excited about Vick than they should be about Weeden. And I know for a fact that Vick would excite more people in Buffalo than Ryan Suckspatrick does.

Smoke?
U hear Ike Reese sunday on dnl giving some good shit on Reid?

Cleveland would be more excited about Vick than they should be about Weeden. And I know for a fact that Vick would excite more people in Buffalo than Ryan Suckspatrick does.

I can only speak for one guy, but not me.

I've mentioned it before, but why the hell is Darron Thomas not in the NFL? He'd be a pretty good guy for Chip Kelly to bring in wherever he lands. Plus, you can't tell me he'd do any worse than Kevin Kolb, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Blaine Gabbert...

Saying Reid just needs to coach. Not coach/GM that don't work. Basically u can't be a coach slash GM in.nfl

Too long too type.from my phone..

Haha O'Brien like ahh ill take an interview I.got psu by the balls.. ill get another mill or so outta em

youd think when the second most important person on the eagles defense for the majority of the good years comes out and says EXACTLY what we eagles fans were telling you last night, youd come in contrite and say "sorry, you guys were right I was wrong." I do admire your going down with the ship mentality though
Post the defense rankings from 2005 - 2008

Penn State's long holiday nightmare is over. Bill O'Brien is staying at Penn State.

In an exclusive conversation with me, the second-year head coach confirmed that he was contacted and entertained overtures from multiple NFL clubs through his agent Joe Linta. But he has decided to remain at PSU for at least the 2013 season.

"I'm not a one-and-done guy," said O'Brien. "I made a commitment to these players at Penn State and that's what I am going to do. I'm not gonna cut and run after one year, that's for sure."

i dont know bcuz he did it so fast instead of let it drag out he can spin that on those kids, in fact i dont think he even had actual interviews it was more like his agent asking "are you going to offer us something today or not" cuz he would look like the biggest scumbag in america

but i do think he is a "two/three and done guy" lol

bidding war for chip now, his price just went through the roof.

mike mccoy is best one out there to me though.

Back