Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...very-close-to-hiring-andy-reid-as-head-coach/

A day after he was fired by the Eagles, Andy Reid may be close to getting another head-coaching job.
Tim Ring, the sports director at KTVK-TV in Arizona, is reporting that the Cardinals are very close to hiring Reid as their next head coach.
Other reports have also suggested that Reid is the favorite to land the Cardinals job. Jason La Canfora of CBS and Mike Jurecki of XTRA are among those who have reported that Reid is expected to land the job.

I think Andy and Kevin Kolb will be very happy together again.

And I stand by my statement that if, by some horrible horrible twist of fate, the Browns hire Saban that franchise will suffer from the decision for years. Years.

I am 100% fine with this. Let's see what happens.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Browns and Eagles still primed to take their best shot at Kelly. Whoever doesnt get him will push for Bill O'Brien I'm told</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/286303553293795328" data-datetime="2013-01-02T02:51:01+00:00">January 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is it just me or does it feel like Holmgren is non-committal on coaching at all.

Maybe even on GM-ing. He just doesn't really seem to be into it to me. But maybe that's because he never really felt all that into the Browns gig.

so many rumors, love the discussions this time of year

seems like that andy reid rumor has lost some legs though he is going there wednesday, something about him wanting to bring in browns ex gm with him, cards not budging. they are interviewing ray horton for a 2nd time, their DC last year so this doesnt seem like something they are just doing to satisfy the race rule in interviewing candidates

the owner has stated he want to keep kolb, which would make so much sense if you are keeping him to bring in reid, though fat andy thought dog killa was better.

mike mccoy is a guarantee to get a job somewhere, dude has interviews with everyone and made td jesus look like a pro bowler. bears should pounce.

ultimately dont think o'brien will go pro, yet. dude would probably become 2nd most hated man in pennsylvania to jerry plus who wants to coach in cleveland and philly is going to go hard after chip kelly or gruden. plus hear obriens old boss in Bill B thinks eagles gm roseman is a jackass so would probably advise bill to stay away, buyout is 19 mill etc.

chip kelly is a wild card, sanctions looming there in oregon and unless carolina fires ron rivera so he could work with cam i dont see him taking on weeden or foles/dog killa for his spread and no rookie qbs are even close to being a great pick at #4. carolina has said rivera is still "coach for now", basically saying if we cant get Chip he is our coach, dont think it gets more obvious and Chip coaches Thursday night.

Is it just me or does it feel like Holmgren is non-committal on coaching at all.

Maybe even on GM-ing. He just doesn't really seem to be into it to me. But maybe that's because he never really felt all that into the Browns gig.

holmgren is a good coach, awful gm, i dont think anyone brings him in at 64 with some horrific personell decisions he made over the last few years in charge.

Great synopsis of why Andy Reid is the wrong hire for the team who scoops him up (cause you know someone will)

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20130102_Marcus_Hayes__Andy_Reid__Do_your_homework__Cards.html?viewAll=y&c=y[/FONT]

As a Bills fan I would love to see Lovie come to Buffalo, I feel like he would find some real linebackers

Hahahah Jump, defending Fat Andy until the end.

Everything in that article is true and documented all year btw, give it a read and try to defend his performance this season.

Joe, Tim Tebow didn't get on the 'Jesus Juice' no more than Ray Lewis ever did. Or any other player for that matter.

All Tebow ever did was thank Him at the end of a game when a microphone was shoved in his face. The exact same thing the majority of professional athletes did ten years ago.

I'm glad the Birds fired Fat Andy, but I think you have to admit that he would be a huge step up for some franchises. Teams like KC or even Cleveland who desperately need some stability at the HC position and would kill for a team that threatens 9-7 for the next couple of years would, in many ways, be lucky to land Andy.

Don't get me wrong, he's not coming to Cleveland. But the guy has a proven track record of being able to coach up QBs and get teams to the playoffs. Some of these bottom tier teams would be lucky to have a guy like that on staff seeing as how they can't find that guy on their own.

heard through an ohio friend that if browns give kelly power he is a brownie, fwiw

thinking now with pennsylvania now suing the ncaa i am gonna bet that their sanctions at least get reduced. which may be enough incentive for obrien to stay along with his recruiting class and the fact that he would be scum if he left so quick to many.

heard through an ohio friend that if browns give kelly power he is a brownie, fwiw

This would also make sense with the Browns' stance on hiring a coach first and a GM second.

That said, it's a pretty huge risk.

If Norv Turner gets a head coaching job, I will be convinced that the stupid people are winning

Still waiting for Jump to explain why a team who has missed the playoffs 5 of 6 years shouldn't have let their coach go.

if i fuck bad the next two months does that negate the 14 years of orgasms i've given my wife prior?

Trust me, Champ, being an Eagles fan the last 14 years has been far from a series of orgasms. You have just had it so bad as a Bungles fan you think anyone who has had it better than you should be happy. I disagree.

1-4 in NFC Championship Games
0-1 in Super Bowls

The guy was a flat out loser when it mattered. He was terrible when it came down to making the decisions that a HC has to make (when to take TOs, when to challenge plays, when to go for it on 4th down, when to divert from those stupid fucking scripts because what they were doing on O wasnt working, etc) and the most telling record in all this:

Regular Season Record of 22-26 since Jim Johnson's passing

As Silky would say, think on it

Joe, Tim Tebow didn't get on the 'Jesus Juice' no more than Ray Lewis ever did. Or any other player for that matter.

All Tebow ever did was thank Him at the end of a game when a microphone was shoved in his face. The exact same thing the majority of professional athletes did ten years ago.

Not really looking for a debate either, because I really couldn't care less, but Tebow does a lot more than simply thank Jesus at then end of games when microphones are shoved in his face. I will present the fact that he's a fucking virgin as exhibit A.

Trust me, Champ, being an Eagles fan the last 14 years has been far from a series of orgasms. You have just had it so bad as a Bungles fan you think anyone who has had it better than you should be happy. I disagree.

1-4 in NFC Championship Games
0-1 in Super Bowls

The guy was a flat out loser when it mattered. He was terrible when it came down to making the decisions that a HC has to make (when to take TOs, when to challenge plays, when to go for it on 4th down, when to divert from those stupid fucking scripts because what they were doing on O wasnt working, etc) and the most telling record in all this:

Regular Season Record of 22-26 since Jim Johnson's passing

As Silky would say, think on it

What was the Eagles record prior to Andy? How many postseason games, how many postseason wins? Name the qb's after McNaab. How have they done elsewhere? 22 - 26 is telling? What was Bill Cowhers record until he won a superbowl? Bellicheck was 36 - 44 in cleveland, based off your logic, he can't coach without Brady. Andy had 2 losing seasons in his tenure. I guess that is solely based off Johnson's defense.

I think everyone needs to wait for the Ducks season to officially end and see what the Panthers are gonna offer him. There is only one team in the NFL who is remotely looking for a head coach at the moment that would seriously intrigue Chip and his offense. This is coming from a Miami fan. I'm nothing more than a casual Panther fan.

Not really looking for a debate either, because I really couldn't care less, but Tebow does a lot more than simply thank Jesus at then end of games when microphones are shoved in his face. I will present the fact that he's a fucking virgin as exhibit A.

I know why Joe didn't take the bait. It is the wrong thread to do so. I'm gonna reel my line back into the boat and grab another brewskie.

What was the Eagles record prior to Andy? How many postseason games, how many postseason wins? Name the qb's after McNaab. How have they done elsewhere? 22 - 26 is telling? What was Bill Cowhers record until he won a superbowl? Bellicheck was 36 - 44 in cleveland, based off your logic, he can't coach without Brady. Andy had 2 losing seasons in his tenure. I guess that is solely based off Johnson's defense.

Crawdads, sometimes people need to go their separate ways. In this case a coach and a team do. It got stale really damn quick. Blame it on the Vick experience.

I know why Joe didn't take the bait. It is the wrong thread to do so. I'm gonna reel my line back into the boat and grab another brewskie.

lol. I wasn't looking for a debate either, so that line wasn't going to get many nibbles anyway. You do, at the very least, have to admit that Tebow is a little more over the top with the Jesus juice than just thanking him during interviews though.

Crawdads, sometimes people need to go their separate ways. In this case a coach and a team do. It got stale really damn quick. Blame it on the Vick experience.

I agree. I was just saying the guy can coach. Typical Philly fan to look at the negatives since they know what a winning team and coach should look like, oh wait..

The reality is that the Eagles would love to hire Andy Reid if it weren't for the fact that they just fired him. His is the best résumé on the market, which is why you've already seen teams jockeying for position to get him in for possible interviews. In fact, it's not unreasonable to suggest that a team like Arizona might not have fired their otherwise-competent head coach if it weren't for Reid's availability. The last guy to come onto the marketplace with a résumé like Reid's is Mike Shanahan, and while it took a couple of years, he turned his new organization around.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/46331/pink-slips-abound-on-black-monday-in-the-nfl

I love when people watch one or two games of a team a year and look at some stats on espn.com and think they know what the hell they're talking about

U know how u open the cabinet and can't find shit and call the wife over and she stares are u fucking serious and pulls it right out? Sometimes u just have to take a step back

I know why Joe didn't take the bait.

Haha. Mostly because I don't really hate Tebow. I'm a Gators fan, so I'm always going to like him.

Also, this whole debacle of a season in NY actually made me feel for him. That trade was bad enough it could have relegated him to a backup QB for life. So I'm kind of rooting for him to get back on his feet.

God bless.

Ha.

=)

hey smoke, your sanctions gonna get reduced??? heard obrien is pissed about the lawsuit and may send him packing, per laconfora

I know for a fact penn states higher ups aren't happy with it - they think Corbett is just pandering for votes (which he is)

getting the sanctions reduced would be pretty unprecedented no?

seems to me by the time it got through the courts, the sanctions would be pretty much over anyway

so odd we sat at the allen street grill in state college and at the bar this older dude with his wife who was psu alum said just wait til mid december, ncaa will get sued and we will get this all righted, sanctions and everything will be over. he said just did not want distractions for team during season they had enough, and said he was on phone with john ziegler three times that week. we all laughed it off, then this. pretty amazing, fwiw i think u get sanctions reduced if not all absolved and i think it moves quick, otherwise whats the point in doing this, besides what you mentioned (corbett) now corbett seems like a hero when he basically got paterno fired. politics, cash grab, etc etc.

Back