Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

lol, kind of at the point now where i am not doubting anything that guy said to me that night, you could tell he was a somebody.

Is Andy good at clock management and challenges, probably not. To act like those Eagles teams were led solely by Jim Johnson defenses is factually incorrect. You don't compile that kind of record over that long and have that many assistants go on to be head coaches if you don't know what your doing. Eagles will win 5 or 6 games next yeaar.

...which would be an improvement over how many Andy Reid won this year

One year of a losing record and the guy all of a sudden cant coach. Remarkable right? Look who he was starting at the skilled positions. No need to argue with Philly fans who know all. Cant wait to see how many wins the next qb in Philly has the next few years vs Eli, Romo and RG3.

So the eagles should have given him an extension? For going 12-20 over the last two years and winning what? 1 playoff game since the Phils won the World Series almost half a decade ago?

he only had one year left and there was no way he woulda coached as a lame duck...

what would you have done?

I love when people watch one or two games of a team a year and look at some stats on espn.com and think they know what the hell they're talking about

Kinda like when fans think they know so much more about the team then they really do, just because they watch all 16 games (4 preseason too), and listen to local sports talk radio (most likely). Until you're with the team on a daily basis, you know as much as the other non-insiders.

I have no problem letting him go. I use to live in Philly, i saw it every week. I was at the game last week in NJ. I was just questioning those who were saying he cant coach.

I mean they're one dropped td catch by Cleveland, 1 replacement ref PI call, 1 missed Giants FG and one last second catch away from 0-16

yeah no way you can fire that guy...

I mean they're one dropped td catch by Cleveland, 1 replacement ref PI call, 1 missed Giants FG and one last second catch away from 0-16

yeah no way you can fire that guy...

Where did I say it wasnt time for a change? Please point that out.

Changing the coach in the NFL hasn't worked a lot more than it has in the past 2-4 years. Teams with new coaches don't make the playoffs, let alone compete for a SB. Not saying that it wasn't time for Reid to go, but changing the coach isn't anywhere near the quick fix that anyone makes it out to be.

Over the past two years, 16 NFL teams (including, by force, the Saints) have begun the new season with a different head coach than the one who began the season before. Exactly three went on to produce a plus-.500 record.

Kinda like when fans think they know so much more about the team then they really do, just because they watch all 16 games (4 preseason too), and listen to local sports talk radio (most likely). Until you're with the team on a daily basis, you know as much as the other non-insiders.

Or that fans know more about coaching than a guy who had the second longest tenure in the NFL. Amazing right? Philadelphia fans are a rare breed, I witnessed it. I think that is part of the reason Andy just laughed and ignored the fans and the media. Theres a reason the guy has been on the market for 2 days and has teams lining up to talk to him.

Its been 14 fucking yrs!
Time to move on...
U walrus backers from the outside can have him...

Or that fans know more about coaching than a guy who had the second longest tenure in the NFL. Amazing right? Philadelphia fans are a rare breed, I witnessed it. I think that is part of the reason Andy just laughed and ignored the fans and the media. Theres a reason the guy has been on the market for 2 days and has teams lining up to talk to him.

It's not an isolated event in Philly though. The fans that use "we" are my favorite. As if, for some reason, because you use "we" when talking about your favorite team that you know more than others about them. Sometimes that includes them knowing more than the coach, GM, or players on the team.

Never said Reid wasn't a good coach esp looking where he is interviewing

Yeah I'd take Reid over Romeo crennel too

I will say that I will really enjoy watching the fairweather Phillies fans disperse, especially after trying to become the Yankees of the NL. They have a broken down steroid user in Howard owed 4 more years of 100 million dollars, another steroid user in Utley falling apart. Citizen Bank Park will be half capacity by mid season. :thumbsup2:

Is a special type of asshole who gets mad when fans say 'we' when talking about their team

Not that fans use "we." The fans who use "we" that feel they know more about their teams than anyone else possibly could. Big difference.

Never said Reid wasn't a good coach esp looking where he is interviewing

Yeah I'd take Reid over Romeo crennel too

hey wade, i got ass in philly, do u believe it, some sports bar downstairs in a mall at the hyatt bellevue some girls we met, then went to a couple old school bars after down the street these girls took us to, then this class act took me upstairs in this two story bar and fingered her on a stove. i did pass out when we got to her room (probly saved me an std) and found myself walking down broad st or something with all these kids walking to school at 8am looking at me with bed head going against the grain. i know there are many, but a real small bar on the corner of the road, the upstairs had no one there but a little kitchenette and bathroom, no idea the name of it, weird.

also went to a dirty little strip club down the alley right from the hotel next to an applebees i believe, real classy joint.

hyatt bellevue was real nice place, xfinity live was great, thanks for the recommendations.

by the way wade, i will gladly give you her number, probably a 7 nice pair of tits, she is a nurse. interested?

Just like when we didn't know McNabb was finished before everyone else wanted to admit it?

The fact that you're defending it, as if "you guys" knew it but the guys in the NFL didn't is hilarious. Yep, you're right, you and all the guys who call sports talk shows (and have to announce that you're a season ticket holder, as if that gives merit to what you're about to say) definitely knew McNabb was done before any coaches, scouts, or advanced scouts in the NFL did. Great job bro.

Even if this were true, how would one example somehow make your point? What about the other 9,999,999 times that you didn't know more than anyone else? This isn't against you personally, just talking in general, no need to get so defensive.

i dont know the name, we were told by a few guys at the sports bar downstairs from bellevue to go to dililas for best ass, but my buddies wanted the sluttiest girls so they gave us passes to a place right down street/alley which was really small. per capita probably most strippers i have ever seen, not all hot, but anything seemed to go.

i also like tony lukes more than genos, am i crazy?

bar tender says, if u want to go there u may say a stripper eating cheese fries in between dances lol i had this pretty black girl on my lap all night, but she stunk of BO and i couldnt get her bony ass off my leg

The fact that you're defending it, as if "you guys" knew it but the guys in the NFL didn't is hilarious. Yep, you're right, you and all the guys who call sports talk shows (and have to announce that you're a season ticket holder, as if that gives merit to what you're about to say) definitely knew McNabb was done before any coaches, scouts, or advances scouts in the NFL did. Great job bro.

Even if this were true, how would one example somehow make your point? What about the other 9,999,999 times that you didn't know more than anyone else? This isn't against you personally, just talking in general, no need to get so defensive.

Haha. The announcing you're a season ticket holder before you say anything annoys the fuck out of me too

no not byob with bottomless, it was literally if you walk out of bellevue valet entrance and turn right it was just past parking garage on your left. you would never think it would be there. damnit, i was so messed up both nights i was there i dont remember any names of anything but the hotel and xfinity

Haha. The announcing you're a season ticket holder before you say anything annoys the fuck out of me too

That's the guy I'm talking about. No one cares that you have season tickets, or for how long you've had them. You don't know any more than most (almost all) of the other 70,000 fans in attendance.

What if there's two guys who each have season tickets, and have for 12 years, and they have a differing opinion on who should be the QB, or who should be fired, or which scheme they should run on defense? Who's right?

Fact of the matter is Andy Reid isn't a terrible coach but he damn sure isn't the reincarnation of Vince lombardi and above rereproah

Hes good at some things (developing QBs, blasting bad teams, preparing his team during the week, taking the blame when things go wrong, eating).

He's not so good at other things (balancing his offensive attack, making in game adjustments, beating good teams, clock management, drafting, exercising).

Bottom line is his team absolutely, wholly and entirely quit on him and he ran his course in Philadelphia. He could go on and win somewhere else (though I will be beyond shocked if he ever coaches in another Super Bowl as a head coach). We could go through three coaches in 5 years and not make the playoffs for the next 15 years. No one knows for sure. But I damn sure feel better and more optimistic about being an eagles fan right now than I did 2 months ago. Ive seen enough to feel like I know Andy Reid will never win a Super Bowl. I don't know the same about whoever the next guy we bring in...

Andy Reid is awful, this coming from a Lions fan. Awful might be strong, change of scenery do him good.

Sometimes, however, they leave gems like this comment from Joe Checkler - a.k.a "JoeyScoops" - that we found on a Marcus Hayes column published on Wednesday.
Checkler, a Giants fan, wrote a poem to poke fun at his many green-blooded friends, most notably his brother-in-law.
Here is the comment as it appeared on our site:
Twas the night they fired Andy, and all throughout Philly
The mood was all different, euphoric and silly
They’d finally done it, they killed off old Reid
What a gift for the city, the best gift indeed

No more bad challenges or wasted timeouts
No more embarrassing home playoff routs
No more sad nights that spoiled the fun
No more long passes on third down and one

From Center City to Jersey and all through Bucks County
Miles of relief for the fat man’s bounty
But what now that the big guy is out of the mix
Have they forgotten Johnson’s defense or 4th-and 26?

The 5 title games and 6 division crowns
Andy’s Eagles weren’t exactly the Cleveland Browns
He drafted McNabb, oh wait, they hated him too
In the town that serenades heroes with choruses of boos

Oh Schmidty and Moses, McNabb and now Andy
As popular around here as Hurricane Sandy
Be careful what you wish for now that it’s not his job
This is the man who got value for Kevin Kolb

He was chubby and mustachioed, a great football mind
But they laughed when they saw him, he wasn’t their kind
He never panicked, despite the commotion
Even when Vick couldn’t throw a ball in the ocean

He believed in his ways, and the league came around
He jumpstarted the trend that killed ground n’ pound
But he wasn’t Vermeil, he didn’t seem regal
Despite that he completely turned around the Eagles

Adam Schefter ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>AdamSchefter
From <s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 193, 213);">@</s>mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source said “the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon.”

Expand

<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">1h</small>ProFootballTalk ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>ProFootballTalk
Chiefs now look more likely than Cardinals to hire Andy Reidhttp://wp.me/p14QSB-6RVr

would imagine that a QB is coming, so they either confirmed taking Smith or have another one likely and in mind

would be hilarious if reid brought vick with him

i see this happening. If Im KC, i want vick for 2 years before Id want a wasted 1 pick on Geno. Bring in Vick, go 5-11, and then look at Bridgewater or Manziel next year.

If I'm a KC fan, you ahve 5 pro bowlers, you now have reid as a coach, I'd hope andy brings vick with him, then take Joekel at 1, best WR on teh board at 2, and bring in Wallace or Jennings. Suddenly that team is a wild card contender.

Sometimes, however, they leave gems like this comment from Joe Checkler - a.k.a "JoeyScoops" - that we found on a Marcus Hayes column published on Wednesday.
Checkler, a Giants fan, wrote a poem to poke fun at his many green-blooded friends, most notably his brother-in-law.
Here is the comment as it appeared on our site:
Twas the night they fired Andy, and all throughout Philly
The mood was all different, euphoric and silly
They’d finally done it, they killed off old Reid
What a gift for the city, the best gift indeed

No more bad challenges or wasted timeouts
No more embarrassing home playoff routs
No more sad nights that spoiled the fun
No more long passes on third down and one

From Center City to Jersey and all through Bucks County
Miles of relief for the fat man’s bounty
But what now that the big guy is out of the mix
Have they forgotten Johnson’s defense or 4th-and 26?

The 5 title games and 6 division crowns
Andy’s Eagles weren’t exactly the Cleveland Browns
He drafted McNabb, oh wait, they hated him too
In the town that serenades heroes with choruses of boos

Oh Schmidty and Moses, McNabb and now Andy
As popular around here as Hurricane Sandy
Be careful what you wish for now that it’s not his job
This is the man who got value for Kevin Kolb

He was chubby and mustachioed, a great football mind
But they laughed when they saw him, he wasn’t their kind
He never panicked, despite the commotion
Even when Vick couldn’t throw a ball in the ocean

He believed in his ways, and the league came around
He jumpstarted the trend that killed ground n’ pound
But he wasn’t Vermeil, he didn’t seem regal
Despite that he completely turned around the Eagles

a little bit funny, yes, but this is the epitome of the difference between a philly fan who watches andy week in and week out, and someone who tracks NFL teams from afar.

Jim Johnson turned the Eagles around

Back