Coaching Changes/Injuries/Players leaving for bowls etc.

Hazell to Purdue...press conference tomorrow

Hope to Hazell.... grats to purdue fans. Out with the bad and in with the good. Sort of shocked he couldn't get something better but knew he had to take something this year before clock strikes midnight on kent state.

Two reasons why Strong declined the job. Which one is it?

1.) the ACC will be an easier path to a championship game?

2.) UT is antiquated?

how long are people going to continue saying this?

Whether they cheat(ed) or not, they are damn good at hiding it if they do. They ain't going to get hit with anything.

SEC pundits EVERYWHERE say this. Brando, Sherridan, etc.

And why the hell Malzahn go to Arky St? Only to come right back??

Just weird
I don't understand what you are saying. He left to use Arky St as a stepping stone to a bigger job down the road. You normally have to go to a lesser school to get the bigger job you desire which is exactly what happened. What's weird about it?

When he left Auburn they were off a Natty. I'm sure he didn't see himself replacing Chizik at that time so he needed to move on in order to be the man somewhere.

I don't understand what you are saying. He left to use Arky St as a stepping stone to a bigger job down the road. You normally have to go to a lesser school to get the bigger job you desire which is exactly what happened. What's weird about it?
I didnt see him going back to Auburn....I'm sure many Auburn alum's didnt either. Just a bit of a suprising hire to me. Maybe I am alone.

Did they call Kirby?

Yes, he instantly improves their recruiting immensely, an area they've struggled in since The Pumpkin was fired

Which would be a terrible hire, a trend that is picking up steam in Knoxville recently....

I didnt see him going back to Auburn....I'm sure many Auburn alum's didnt either. Just a bit of a suprising hire to me. Maybe I am alone.

Did they call Kirby?

Auburn offensive recruiting all kinds of messed up after switching from spread to pro style back to spread in 18 months. Re: possible NCAA sanctions, there still could be penalties looming and Gus was hired to weather the storm so they can hire Petrino in 4 years.

There was an interview with Smart, and it reportedly went well enough that Saban was looking for possible DC replacement, but Kirby made some demands that AU wasn't willing to meet: full disclosure on NCAA investigation, full control on staff hires, and he wanted to coach in the championship game.

Mario Cristobal was fired? Wow. Didn't he turn down so bigger jobs last year and get extended ala Shaka Smart?

That is a terrible firing. Who in the hell do the Golden Panthers think they are? This guy brought them out of the dark ages and into bowl games.

Ya that fiu firing is harsh. Sure, he did one of the worst coaching jobs of the year but his career there should have allowed him to survive. Loyalty doesn't exist either direction it seems.

UT fans should get on their hands and knees and beg Fulmer for forgiveness,,,,,

Wonder what his record was against osu, mich and psu? He beat up on illy, Indy etc

i know he was 1-5 against osu

And that is the real reason he is leaving whether its spoken or not. If he wasn't going to beat oosOSU in Meyer's first season, he sure wasn't going to do it with much regularity going forward, and its a divisional game so he can't avoid them. I'm sure the Razorback money didn't hurt, but he knows deep down that he - and Wisconsin - have hit their heads against the glass ceiling with these last few Rose Bowl trips. Nothing left to do, no more upward mobility. At least if he gets beaten by Saban and Miles its a built-in excuse cause nobody will expect him to win those games or those recruiting battles.

He was a few hail mary's ( made against him ) short of playing for a national title at wisconsin. He won't sniff that at Arkansas in the foreseeable future.

Was talking with buddy on aim .. wondering if this is bielema returning the favor to Alvarez. Friend said that he heard that Alvarez wanted to get back into coaching ... Alvarez handpicked him ... maybe this is just returning the favor.

I'm beyond impressed with how Hazell has presented himself today. I might personally drive up to Boulder to thank Bohn & crew for tieing up Butch Jones for a couple days so that Burke could wise up and get the deal done with Hazell. Curious to see who he brings in...he's got around 2.6 million (or at least I think he does) to divvy out to the staff.

He was a few hail mary's ( made against him ) short of playing for a national title at wisconsin. He won't sniff that at Arkansas in the foreseeable future.

Was talking with buddy on aim .. wondering if this is bielema returning the favor to Alvarez. Friend said that he heard that Alvarez wanted to get back into coaching ... Alvarez handpicked him ... maybe this is just returning the favor.

Bielema thinks about 1 person day and night and that is himself.

He was feeling the heat and he chose to get out of the kitchen. If he was doing Alvarez a "favor", Barry would let him coach the bowl game. Nobody there wants anything to do with him.

You guys are ridiculous with your theory that Bielema left because of Urban Meyer. This is about taking Wisconsin as high as it will get, a chance to win a National Championship and Money.

... Well, the semester ended today and with no bowl game to play, it could be a "this is what I expect from you over the next few weeks" kinda meeting. Who the F knows.

i guess i dont read good

explain por favor

Back