Christmas Day Discussion Thread...

I'm seeing Knicks -2, Warriors -4.5, Celtics -5, Rockets -4 and TWolves -3 for opening lines.

I’m seeing -5 now for the Warriors . Been watching both teams and without Curry, the Warriors seem too tired and depleted to even beat the Cavaliers, let alone cover that spread. And are Livingston and Pachulia even playing? What am I missing here?

If you bet tomorrow, just bet for fun... Not s day to realistically make hay but s good day not to work and sit around and watch some interesting matchups. Bring me the intensity of last Xmas Cavs-Dubs and I'll be a happy guy.

If you bet tomorrow, just bet for fun... Not s day to realistically make hay but s good day not to work and sit around and watch some interesting matchups. Bring me the intensity of last Xmas Cavs-Dubs and I'll be a happy guy.

I only bet big baby! Give me some Winners brah

Looking back at the last 16 games (gs 10 cle 6) between these teams, it looks like there are only 2 choices: either the Warriors lose, or they win by 5 or more. Warriors don’t seem to win by less than 5...

• Road teams are 20-31 (39.2%) straight-up and 22-29 (43.1%) ATS on Christmas since 2005. In all other regular season games, road teams have covered the spread 50.9% of the time.
  • The under on Christmas is 32-18-1 (64%) since 2005. And the Big Cat Special (aka betting the under in the first three games of the day) has gone 24-8 (75%). More on that gem of a trend here.
  • Home dogs on Christmas are 7-11 straight up and 11-7 ATS the past 20 seasons. We have a few of those on the docket this season.

Looking at refs that may be true. Philadelphia leads the league in turnovers with an average of 18.4 which they are currently exceeding as they are going over 20 a game like clockwork. NY is good at home and very good on Mondays. They tend to bounce back after a loss. These refs do not like home teams

Lakers very possible. Minn has real problems after hitting 115 or higher
2-4 ATS this season 11-22 last 3 years

They like to beat Denver and rarely have extended ATS winning streaks.
Bet Knicks live plus 3.5

Not a safe bet with those refs but seriously based on most facts obviously correct

Refs fairly good for Boston. This Rolex business bothers me. After the Knick disaster probably small bet on Lakers

They like to beat Denver and rarely have extended ATS winning streaks.
Bet Knicks live plus 3.5
Those two things may very well be true but I find it hard to believe any players give a rat's ass about what their recent spread record is before playing Denver.

Truthfully they do not think about it that way but there was a much more important feature that I did not think about.. Recently the Lakers had beat Houston at Houston and covered against GS twice home and away. That is kind of a slap their asses down spot.

One problem though. When they were blasting the Lakers they shot over 58%. I usually think of fading seeing that. Not sure if I will here

Back