Champions League Oct 2 to Oct 3 Discussion and Picks

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Lets discuss in this thread. Lots of juice favorites on both home and road. We had a pretty good 1st round so lets continue!

i'm looking at Lyon, Barcelona, Arsenal and Valencia. Not to sure about Man Utd, i think they can either pistol whip Roma just because the Romans have issues mentally. Once they get broken, the entire team implodes. But than again Man Utd haven't shown me they are capable of whooping a team.

I think today´s card kinda sucks. I don´t see value anywhere except maybe in Kiev where I like Dinamo pk,-0.5 @ 2.13...I´m also looking at the over at Lyon and Sevilla. ManU will probably win, but they don´t score much this season, and that scares me a bit.

I'm not a big fan of it either; sides OR totals...

I was leaning toward the Ukranian side as well... and I was looking at the overs in France and Spain before Panos mentioned them so I might bite there too...

Like the Man United over.

They got off to a slow start, but have been improving week by week with the return of their attacking players. Roma are full of talent as well and with Van der Sar out, it will give the Italians additional hope.

Green: I know the 7-1 result last year and all but I cannot get past the fact that ManU keeps winning games 1-0 and are sitting 19th (only ahead of recently-promoted Derby County) in goals scored in the Premiership....

I lean UNDER and it will be that or nothing for me in that game...

UEFA Champions League Matchday II...

Eight more matches greet us today, and there are eight more Wednesday.

I had a pretty good run in the first 16 matches; hope to continue it today.

These matches are, admittedly, tough for me.

In Group A, I had a lean to UNDER in Lyon - but the French side will surely find the footing easier after a humbling 3-0 loss in Barcelona. Cousin will be the lone striker for Rangers and they figure to struggle to score - but should defend fairly valiantly throughout. As long as Lyon doesn't get a first-half goal, I think UNDER has a good chance here.

The play: UNDER 2.5 -120 in Rangers/Lyon

Lots of people like Barca today, but the injuries could be a problem. And Stuttgart is usually tough at home, as evidenced by the fact that they've not lost to a Bundesliga team at home in more than a calendar year. Should be a hard-fought battle.

The play: DRAW and Stuttgart plus 1/2 goal each for half-a-bet (no Asian handicap available where I get the best price, so this is virtually the same thing)

Kiev hosts Sporting Lisbon - Am I still bitter about missing a 5-team parlay ($100 for $2950 or so) because Lisbon couldn't play to a home draw last time? Abso-fucking-lutely! hahaha

In all seriousness, the Ukranian side boasts new (well, for the fourth time) coach Josef Szabo, which rested some regulars over the weekend and unexpectedly lost to league doormat Naftovyk-Ukrnafta Okhtyrka... Bento is missing Had, Derlei and Silva, and Izmailov is questionable. With the game being in Ukraine, I have to think Dynamo can come out with three points. Also lean UNDER here....

THe play: Kiev plus 145 (double bet) and UNDER 2.5 -140

Everyone is eagerly anticipating the Roma/ManU rematch after the 7-1 thrashing administered by Manchester in the quarters last April at Old Trafford. Spalletti has played down the talk of revenge but you can be for sure it's in the minds of the Roma players. The 4-1 beating at home to Inter was not as bad as the score indicated; once Roma was down to 10 players, Inter added a forward to go to a 4-4-2 and really put the pressure on an overmatched Roma defense. With Manchester winning so many games 1-0 so far, it's hard for me to see this going over. But there are injury issues on the back lines of each team, (including Van der Sar)..... Still, with Man U ranking 19th of 20 teams in goals scored in the Premiership, I'm not inclined to bet OVER here. Best idea is to pass and watch this one.

Back with the other four matches momentarily... GL all!

:cheers:

Other game just started so I'll post for posterity's sake - had to struggle and beg to get the bet in over the phone at CRIS and another spot.

UNDER in Moscow - two teams that don't possess a lot of firepower and while the goal in Turkey by Fenerbahce was impressive (the best in Matchday 1?)... I think Vagner Love scores for CSKA and they win 1-0. No play on the side.

a few weeks back i was loving roma in a big revenge game, but they have been pretty bad the last few games....

here some more fuel to the fire for today:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=460 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Ronaldo: Roma begged me to stop[/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=174>
Tuesday 2 October, 2007
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=742 colSpan=2><HR noShade SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo fans the flames ahead of tonight’s Champions League grudge match against Roma by re-living last year.

The Giallorossi’s European adventure ground to an emphatic halt when they were flattened 7-1 by the Premier League champions last time around.

Ever since the two sides were drawn in the same group for the 2007-08 competition, the talk has been of revenge.

While the capital club’s captain Francesco Totti has been happy to talk in terms of vengeance, boss Luciano Spalletti has tried to prevent it.

However, one of the key figures in United’s victory, Ronaldo, has relived the Magica’s night of humiliation in his autobiography and extracts were printed in the Daily Mirror.

“When we were 6-0 up one of their players was begging me to stop trying to dribble past him,” the Portuguese international states in his book Moments.

“Other players asked me to go and play on the opposite side and some showed no sense of humour and made physical threats against me, but I kept playing the same way.”

There are widespread rumours that Christian Panucci was the player Ronaldo is alluding to, but United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is doubtful.

“I can’t believe that a player with Panucci’s experience would behave like that,” the Scot insisted to the Daily Mail.

“It seems unbelievable for a man who has made 60 appearances for Italy and represented Real Madrid and Milan.”

Panucci won’t be present for this year’s test as he is suffering from a back injury and hasn’t made the trip to England.
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=460 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Spalletti: Reaction not revenge[/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=174>
Tuesday 2 October, 2007
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=742 colSpan=2><HR noShade SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma boss Luciano Spalletti doesn’t want his men to view tonight’s game at Manchester United as a quest for revenge. “It’s not the right word.”

The Giallorossi will hardly be short of motivation as they travel to Old Trafford to take on the Red Devils in their second Champions League game of the current campaign.

United hammered Roma 7-1 in the last 16 last year on a humiliating night that will live long in the memory.

Spalletti’s side have an added will to win after being humbled 4-1 by Inter last weekend in their top of the table crunch match.

While captain Francesco Totti has been happy to talk about revenge, Roma’s Tuscan tactician would rather his men focused on responding to the task at hand.

“The right word is reaction rather than revenge,” he told Sky Sports Italia. “The idea of revenge suggests the wrong kind of attitude and rash actions.

“It is a difficult game to prepare for because we are playing a strong team. But in a way it has become easier because I believe my lads will want to get themselves back on track so much.”

There had been reports that veteran defender Christian Panucci had been left out of the squad due to a rift with Spalletti, but he concluded his interview by rubbishing that suggestion.

“He hasn’t been picked because he has a back ache and he wasn’t sure of his fitness,” he revealed.

“I would have chosen him at the end of training, but I spoke to the doctor and we decided to leave him at home.”

Manchester United (probable): Kuszczak; Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Brown; Carrick, Giggs, Scholes, Ronado; Rooney, Tevez

Roma (probable): Doni; Cicinho, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Aquilani, Giuly, Perrotta, Mancini; Totti
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Good shit, BB....

Alex scores in the 9th minute for Fenerbahce... usually that's bad news for a total but you can be sure the Turkish side is going to really sit back and defend and counter at this point.... Now in the 33rd minute, it's still 1-nil

A lot of people might be surprised but I am going with PSV down in Italy. Yes, I took the 1-goal line (at plus-money), but the Dutch side is battle-tested and Inter, despite the 4-1 win against Roma the other day, is far from in good form at this point. They are still missing some key personnel to suspension and injury and they also lost the first two games in 2006-07 season at the group stage before turning it on.

THe play: PSV plus 1 goal. Also going to bet the draw small... seeing 1-1 here.

In Group D... my strongest total bet of the day goes in Sevilla. Yes, I can't believe the Czech side is a 12-to-1 dog in some locales and I should definitely be there for a small bet, as that price seems way out of whack when you consider Sevilla has lost four straight games - dating back to their first CL tilt in the loss to the Gunners in England.

Hard to make a losing team win, and since these guys haven't been to the CL in 50 years (!), how can you make them this kind of favorite? I am on the dog plus 1.5 goals - but the Sevilla coach has spoke openly of a fast-paced, offensive game, and doesn't even mind yielding a goal or two... I see 3-2 at best for Sevilla, and the total ought to be 3 here from what I've seen.

The play: OVER 2.5 -140 in Spain

Everyone wants to bet Arsenal but please use extreme caution when betting against overmatched (seemingly) teams on paper in the early group stages of this event, especially when everyone has hope to make it to the last 16. Arsenal is in fine form and has been playing awesome - but its schedule in the Premiership hasn't been overly impressive and the Romanians have changed coaches (with positive results, a draw and two wins) since the loss in Prague to open up.

They have scored just six goals in 8 Romanian league matches, yet I can see this easily being played to a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

The play: Steaua plus 1 -140 and DRAW plus 270 - each for 1/2 bets... and UNDER 2.5 -125 for a 1/2 bet

That's it for today!

GL all....

Good staff, CKR. I will go against you with Lyon, I see a 2-1, or even 3-0 game, so at this line I'll take the Lyon Over @ 1.95 to win 1 unit.

I'm with you on the Sevilla Over @ 1.70 for also 1 unit.

And I'll put 1 unit at Dynamo Kiev pk,-0.5 @ 2.13.

This is all for me tonight. As I said earlier, I don't like the card at all.

Good luck to all end enjoy the games!

1-1 now as Krasic takes the corner and scores neatly seconds later.

Bad deal.

Disappointed in the lack of discussion today; perhaps we can pick it up late today for tomorrow's action. Headed for the Outback shortly to watch the late games on TV.

I'm gonna assume the UNDER is a loser in Moscow and I turned the TV off; no interest in watching anymore if I don't have to! hahaha...

GL to everyone today!

Vagner-Love scores on a penal.

2-1 now Moscow. 0-1 after the early game. Lucky for me, I was bumblefucking around enough to not get this in any parlays, hahaha...

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=460 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma lose Doni in Manchester[/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=174>
Tuesday 2 October, 2007
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=742 colSpan=2><HR noShade SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=280>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma must rely on young goalkeeper Gianluca Curci at Old Trafford this evening, while Inter unleash Cristian Chivu on PSV.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Champions League resumes this evening with Matchday 2 and the two Italian clubs face a tough test.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Giallorossi are attempting to avenge last year’s 7-1 quarter-final loss at Manchester United, but have been hit by injury problems.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]As well as Christian Panucci, Marco Cassetti and Rodrigo Taddei, Coach Luciano Spalletti lost Alexander Doni to a bout of flu.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Brazilian international is not even on the bench, that place taken by Julio Sergio Bertagnoli.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Curci will be given the goalkeeping gloves in the pressure-cooker atmosphere of Old Trafford. Ludovic Giuly starts just days after his costly red card in the 4-1 Serie A defeat to Inter.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Nerazzurri are in action at San Siro with Dutch outfit PSV Eindhoven and Roberto Mancini is looking to come back from the shock opening 1-0 defeat at Fenerbahce.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The bans from last season’s Mestalla melee with Valencia still stand, so Ivan Cordoba, Nicolas Burdisso, Douglas Maicon and Julio Cruz are suspended, while Adriano and Cesar Aparecido were left off the Champions League list.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Patrick Vieira, Nelson Rivas and Marco Materazzi are long-term injuries, so Mancio had precious few options to choose from.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Hernan Crespo was given the nod to start alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the Swede recovering from a bruised foot, so David Suazo is relegated to the bench.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Javier Zanetti returns to his old right-back slot in the absence of other alternatives, so Luis Figo and Dejan Stankovic take the wings.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Cristian Chivu makes his Champions League debut in an Inter jersey after his shoulder injury sustained on international duty with Romania.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Check back on the Football Italia website for half- and full-time reports along with extensive post-match comments.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Manchester United: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Kuszczak; O’Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Cristiano Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Nani; Rooney, Saha
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Curci; Cicinho, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Aquilani; Giuly, Perrotta, Mancini; Totti

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Inter: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Julio Cesar; Zanetti, Samuel, Chivu, Maxwell; Figo, Dacourt, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Crespo, Ibrahimovic
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]PSV Eindhoven: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Gomes; Kromkamp, Eric Addo, Alcides, Salcido; Simons, Culina, Perez, Mendez; Lazovic, Farfan[/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I see a 2-1, or even 3-0 game, so at this line I'll take the Lyon Over @ 1.95 to win 1 unit.

Well, I certainly did not expect that kind of a 3-0 game, but I guess I´ll take it, lol. Went 2-1, +1 unit last night, which is fine under the circumstances.

Tonight´s card looks better to my eyes. I´m looking at Valencia, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Porto and maybe Schalke. The under in Glascow and the over in Bremen will probably hit, but the value is minimal, imo.

2007-10-03 Valencia (-0.25) - Chelsea (+0.25)

The London blues are in a full grown crisis, with the departure of Mourinho they're in the middle of a very turbulent period, and I don't think they can succeed against a team they struggled against in their far better editions (last season).
Valencia is on the climb, after not so great start into the season they're now winning games and playing well. At Mestalla, they should give Chelsea more than they can handle. Chelsea have stopped scoring with Mourinho gone, they can beat Hull but failing to beat Fulham and Rosenborg at home (Mourinho's last game as CFC manager)I just don't see how they're going to cope with a very tough team tonight. I this this is a very good deal.

Pick: H, Odds: 1.94, Stake: 8, Bookmaker: Pinnacle

2007-10-03 Liverpool (-1,5) - Marseille (+1,5)

Liverpool surely haven't been brilliant lately (except when beating Reading 4:2 in an away fixture in the League cup), struggled to score in Wigan before Benayoun netted the winner in 2nd half, failed to beat Birmingham at Anfield (this has become a kind of a habit already for the Reds, not beating B'gham, again with the exception of a 7:0 win in Birmingham in FA Cup two seasons ago), however I see a turning point for the Reds tonight.
First of all they've always played well in Europe under Benitez and after failing to beat Porto two weeks ago, they should step up here.

Marseille have beaten Besiktas at Velodrome but apart from that they've been rather poor this season, occupying 17th place in Ligue 1, with only 1 win in 9 matches.
Pennant is suspended, Torres could start on the bench, but have no fear: Benayoun has started to consistently find the net, Babel should play, Voronin as well, paired up front with either Kuyt or Crouch. The midfield is strong as ever. No additional absentees.
Liverpool should impose their rhythm straight away and break out of their small funk (2 wins in 5 matches) with a comfortable win.

As far as Marseille goes, their new coach Eric Gerets cannot count on Nasri, very important player for OM, this will be Gerets' first match as OM manager, so it's quite a gamble to say which formation and which players he will be using.
However, here is the expected 1st eleven:

Mananda, Bonnart-Rodriguez-Faty-Taiwo, Cana-Cheyrou-Ziani-Zenden,Cissé-Niang.

Liverpool FC: Reina, Finnan-Carragher-Arbeloa-Riise, Benayoun-Gerrard-Sissoko-Babel, Kuyt-Voronin.

Pick: H, Odds: 2.02, Stake: 5, Bookmaker: Pinnacle

Well, just lost about a 45-minute writeup because the power flickered on and off and ... oh well, I'll try to recap what I had written (almost the whole thing, lol)...

Liverpool is in much better form than Olympic Marseilles. They are the one team that I expect to advance from the group. Even though the French side is the only one with three points, I expect their lead to rapidly deteriorate throughout the course of the remaining five group stage matchdays. Hell, they are 17th in domestic play! Liverpool is laying such a ridiculous price, however, considering they aren't in the best form right now. So I'll use Liverpool in several multi-team parlays and that's it (to be mentioned later)....

Besiktas and Porto looks to be the most interesting game of the day to me; and before you call me coo-coo, remember that I don't like Olympic at all and think the winner of this match takes a leg up on getting second in the group and advancing. Porto has been the better team as of late, getting a result in their weekend derby against Boavista and remaining unbeaten in Liga play. Besiktas needs this one after the loss in France, but their homefield advantage is nothing to write home about in Champions League play, as they have just two wins in six games in their last 2 CL appearances. Besiktas also lost at Galatasaray to end their unbeaten string at six to start Super Lig play. This should be a close and hard-fought match. I expect 1-1 or something in that range, and will be on the under for a small bet.

The play: UNDER 2.5 -170 in Istanbul

Oddsmakers aren't too fooled by Matchday 1 results, in which surprising Rosenborg went to Stamford Bridge and collected a 1-1 draw (as as 12-to-1 dog or so), while Schalke lost 1-0 at home to Valencia - a crushing blow to the undefeated leaders of the Bundesliga that are hoping to advance to the knockout round.

Schalke possess far more weaponry, while Rosenborg has struggled throughout the Tippeligaen season. They are seventh with just four matches to go after a 4-3 loss to Fredrikstad on Saturday. What's concerning about betting on the guests here, however, is that you can be sure Rosenborg is going to go full-boar in this spot, as the continental matches are the ones that matter at this point for the Norwegians. Still, it's hard to argue with recent results, the Matchday 1 results not withstanding.

The play: Schalke plus 110 for a double bet

Valencia and Chelsea should be an interesting match to say the least. Chelsea has not won or scored in four straight Premiership matches, and now new coach Avram Grant leads them into Spain, where revenge-minded Valencia eagerly awaits a dinged-up Chelsea side. Essien's goal near the end of last season's knockout stage match gave the Londoners a 2-1 lead in that match and a 3-2 lead in aggregate. With the focus on recent form, it's easy to discount Chelsea's chances, but the English side is putting a lot of focus into CL play this season, even after the rocky start in a draw to Rosenborg. The bottom line is that there are too many question marks surrounding this team to bet on them... but too much talent on the pitch, with Drogba's return, to go against them because it could turn around at any minute. I'll pass.

Olympiakos has played 31 games on foreign soil in UEFA CL competition - they have 24 losses, 7 draws and ZERO wins. Werder just scored 8 goals in a domestic match over the weekend. Need I say more?

The play: Werder Bremen -1.5

I lean to Madrid in their return to Rome. Real has never lost in the Olympic Stadium; whereas Lazio has just one win and four draws with one loss in six Serie A matches, and stand 12th early on. They are having trouble scoring early on; not a good sign against a Real Madrid team that will be hungry to take control of the group. I lean 1-0 or 2-0 Real Madrid.

The play: Real Madrid plus 120

The last group is perhaps the most intriguing. Benfica is in the midst of a long drought as they prepare for their first CL home game. An injury-time score by Gomes in a 2-1 loss at Real Madrid was the last time the team scored. They are eight points behind Porto despite being unbeaten in six Liga matches this season!

Meanwhile (fuck you Kiev), Shaktar leads the Ukranian league by a ton after a 10 win, 1-draw start in their first 11 games. They beat Celtic 2-0 in Donetsk two weeks back and should take that confidence on the road to get at least a point. I don't think Benfica scores, and even if they do, it will be tough for this game to have more than 1 goal for each side.

The plays: UNDER 2.5 -145 and Shaktar plus 1/2 goal -110

I might get some surprised reactions here, but I really like Celtic against Milan. THis is a big revenge game for Celtic, as they played a scoreless draw against AC Milan for 180-plus minutes over 2 legs last year before Kaka scored in injury time at the San Siro to bolster Milan to the quarterfinals - it was perhaps their toughest knockout foe all the way to the finals.

Massimo Donati played for Milan last season, so I expect he'll be able to help Celtic prepare in what has become a very important match (even only on Day 2) for the Scots if they want to advance.

Glasgow is a tough place for ANY European team to come into and leave with a win. With no Kaladze, no Maldini, Ronaldo, Serginho - and Dida has been out with a shoulder and might be rusty in his return today... I certainly would not want the favorites here.

The play: Celtic plus 1/2 goal minus 110

I am going to see what you guys think; haven't locked ALL of these in yet...

GL!

Have now locked:

Valencia pk, -0.5 @ 1.95 v. Chelsea to win 1 unit
Lazio v. Real Madrid pk, -0.5 @ 1.80 to win 1 unit
Liverpool -1, -1.5 @ 1.75 v. Marseille to win 1 unit
Werder v. Olympiakos Over 3 @ 2.03 1 unit

Plays are almost self-explanatory. Sure, Chelsea has the talent, as Rex said, but i think Valencia are in great shape and revenge is in their mind. Having watched Chelsea against Fulham, it made me wanna Mourinho back. This is how awful they looked.

I expect a professional 2-0 victory by Liverpool. Marseille have trouble scoring.

Real does not impress me much, but Lazio sucks big time. Against Olympiakos they were lucky to get away with a point.

I expect Olympiakos to score tonight. If so, the over hits. They can contain Werder, but not shut them down.

Good luck to all and enjoy the games!

sorry boys i passed up on this, I don't like anything today. Celtic/Milan match looks like a slug fest. Milan can't score worth dick and i'm not too fond with playing the under right now. Bremen should win comfortably but they still have defensive lapses, i think the Over on that game is a good bet.

Valencia must be able to take advantage of the opportunity right now. Chelsea are in dire straits but something tells me The Blues might fight hard enough to earn a draw.

Porto vs Besiktas i sense a draw on this one. Don't see why Porto should be favored on the road, this is a toss up. Porto couldn't beat a 10 men Liverpool squad who played poorly. So i don't know how much better they can play in Turkey.

BAHAHAHAHAH look at these results!

Marseille 1-0 Liverpool at Anfield
Olmypiacos 2-1 Werder Bremen
Chelsea 2-1 Valencia!
Benefica 0-1 Shakhtar

I'm so gutted...and we have started the season so well, remember the game against Chelsea? Great passing, great pace, teamwork, excellent defending...I really thought we were going to step up this season.

And trust me, I'm not some knee jerk fan, I've been with the Reds since I was a 10 year old, and they were far from Champions League then.

But the way the season has unfolded and the way we've been playing, this is easily our worst run of games since Rafa has taken over the team!

Piss poor is all I can say.

This is the first time EVER I've actually started thinking about whether Rafa should be our manager after this season. UNEXPLAINABLE how we've been playing.

Why is he rotating again, we have the team now, no need to rotate so much to compensate for the lack of quality.

I repeat: I'm not a knee jerk fan, I will be with this team through hell and back, no problem. But I'm starting to question whether Rafa is capable of building a powerhouse team out of our Reds.
But it's not entirely his fault either. Stevie has been poor since his toe injury, Xabi is out, Sissoko's game has deteriorated HIGHLY (where's that old Momo (man of the match v Barca!)?)

Crouch - I liked him, his approach and fighting spirit, but he's not doing it any more. Carra, who is Anfield hero and whose game I admire, is suddenly slower than ever!

Leto is playing, Babel on the bench?!

I'm just gutted right now, can't find other words really. I'll be patient as ever, and hope this can turn around, but 1 point after 2 games looks very poor and right now Liverpool doesn't deserve to go through.

Well, from the bettor´s point of view, I got my arse handed over to me last night. I had a funny feeling about these two days, but the degenerate mofo that I am, I couldn´t stay away from the action. Too bad for me, I lost 2.03 units.

As a Liverpool fan, I am obviously disappointed but not so much as Satyr. I believe the lads will turn things around. I´ve never been a big fan of Rafa and his rotation system, but I wouldn´t like to throw stones at him after a couple of bad results.

Mike - God forbid :D.

Panos - well I kinda cooled down a bit. It probably works differently for me since I am a big fan of Rafa. Not of his rotation system but of his work overall - definitely. That's why I can't understand how our game deteriorated to this point. Not that I want him out or anything, it's just I can't understand how is this happening NOW. It's not even about the results but the GAME.

Back