Rest of mlb reg season discussion

Btw, I do this every year in last week of season. Teams dont HAVE to win.

added

OAK... Last game in Oakland, think their will be some excitement there today
wsx ... Laa should not be favored over anyone, Flexen has been their best pitcher

Btw, I do this every year in last week of season. Teams dont HAVE to win.

added

OAK... Last game in Oakland, think their will be some excitement there today
wsx ... Laa should not be favored over anyone, Flexen has been their best pitcher
Honestly I understand this more and more in every major sport.

Great start Tampa.

I assume besides the pain in the ass these last games are when it really tough to figure out who gives a shit and it hard to trust lot of teams who “have to win”, today we also most likely have some weather issues? I know it pouring here all day and looks like the hurricane effecting bunch the country.

we thought tigers had a layup weekend and they should win but think chisix might be playing harder right now to avoid the record than they played all year! Think the key for them would be to get this 1st win and break their spirit, let them win one then all a sudden they care even more the next! Then you end up having to use Skubal on last day, wanna save him for game 1!

Cinn 1st 5/gm
PGH 1st 5/ gm
These two rookies are just running thru these teams. Loader not getting enough credit.
Hour
Mikw
Sd

ATL/Mets will be playing 2 tomorrow.

Megill vs Schwellenbach Game 1.
Sale goes in game 2 if ATL loses.

They split, both are in. A sweep by either and that team is in along with Arizona.

ATL/Mets will be playing 2 tomorrow.

Megill vs Schwellenbach Game 1.
Sale goes in game 2 if ATL loses.

They split, both are in. A sweep by either and that team is in along with Arizona.
Have they announced start times tomorrow? Watch parties for g2 are slowly being announced around here but no one has said a time that I've heard

What is the incentive here to try at all in the second game? Every single star will be sat, no? Every arm will be used to ensure the win if leading.

Very rare situation.
No incentive at all. Just to get through with minimal damage.

No incentive at all. Just to get through with minimal damage.
I've taken the Mets as a dog in both prior to the first game.
1u +145 Gm1
1u +160 Gm 2

Outcome 1:
Mets win the 1st game..+1.45u with 1u riding on Gm2 (albeit way worse price--I'd expect NY to be in the +275 range for Gm2 if they prevail in Gm1)

Outcome 2:
Braves win 1st game..-1u with 1u riding on Gm2 at +160 --a nice dog price that probably closes around Mets -225 or higher by first pitch

I've taken the Mets as a dog in both prior to the first game.
1u +145 Gm1
1u +160 Gm 2

Outcome 1:
Mets win the 1st game..+1.45u with 1u riding on Gm2 (albeit way worse price--I'd expect NY to be in the +275 range for Gm2 if they prevail in Gm1)

Outcome 2:
Braves win 1st game..-1u with 1u riding on Gm2 at +160 --a nice dog price that probably closes around Mets -225 or higher by first pitch
I respect it. I think the Mets win the 1st game.

I respect it. I think the Mets win the 1st game.
Yeah, I definitely think they're a live pup. I'm hoping to be around for some in-game bangers as well...if one team gets up by a few, the other may throw in the towel and save arms for game 2.
Should be exciting at any rate.

Yeah, I definitely think they're a live pup. I'm hoping to be around for some in-game bangers as well...if one team gets up by a few, the other may throw in the towel and save arms for game 2.
Should be exciting at any rate.
Definitely different indeed. But yes, plenty of in-game opportunities.

Back