Bowl Season (Not Playoffs) Discussion Thread

On Ole Miss vs. Indiana, it appears that injuries and a lack of motivation are issues for the Rebs. Starters at RB and WR were injured against LSU, and I don't expect the WR to return. If Ealy returns at RB he likely won't be 100%. Today Kiffin said that he was having to recruit players to play in the bowl game so it sounds like opt outs are possibility. Conversely, I don't expect motivation to be an issue with Tom Allen facing his former team and feeling snubbed by the committee.

On Ole Miss vs. Indiana, it appears that injuries and a lack of motivation are issues for the Rebs. Starters at RB and WR were injured against LSU, and I don't expect the WR to return. If Ealy returns at RB he likely won't be 100%. Today Kiffin said that he was having to recruit players to play in the bowl game so it sounds like opt outs are possibility. Conversely, I don't expect motivation to be an issue with Tom Allen facing his former team and feeling snubbed by the committee.
Thx for the info, I was just looking at that a bit earlier...

Anyone care to confidently tell me which team gonna give us 100% effort in the Miami/okie lite game? Lol. I have no freaking clue and feel like there almost no reason to try and look at the numbers here!!

I was able to see it with ESPN+ but I kinda assumed everyone had it at this point

King announcing his return should help, I like the Canes quite a bit today.

i was kinda thinking that as well. Just can’t shake that unc game where heels ran for 500+!!! Okie lite been pretty good rushing the ball since Hubbard opted out!

Anyone know if Brown gonna play for okie lite today? That freshman Richardson was pretty impressive vs Baylor!

Cannot run far enough from Texas / CU today. Herman's been good in bowls but most recently as a big dog and that's when he performs best, overall. Not so much as big favorite. In the last 2 months he's been told by the AD that we'd rather have another coach than you. That's been indirectly told to Herman as he and Del Conte don't talk anymore. So, yeah, the program is in chaos, lots of opt outs, Ehlinger hates the head coach and on and on. They may come out and play a helluva game but no way I can say that I see it coming.

Cannot run far enough from Texas / CU today. Herman's been good in bowls but most recently as a big dog and that's when he performs best, overall. Not so much as big favorite. In the last 2 months he's been told by the AD that we'd rather have another coach than you. That's been indirectly told to Herman as he and Del Conte don't talk anymore. So, yeah, the program is in chaos, lots of opt outs, Ehlinger hates the head coach and on and on. They may come out and play a helluva game but no way I can say that I see it coming.

ehlinger last game only reason Im even considering, figure he wills the team but playing horns as a fav not something that interest me at all! Lol.

I have no clue at all bout Colorado? All I heard at beginning the pac12 season was how bad they looked to be. Turns out they didn’t look bad at all but whether they solid or comp level was just terrible I have not a clue?!??

Honestly don’t think there a great bet in either game.

king coming back I think might give canes a little juice? The Unc game was pathetic but okie lite has had several in nov where they looked pretty garbage. Should be a easy one to know after a few drives.
Never know these motivational angles in these meaningless bowl games so give me the obvious coaching advantage and Oklahoma State. I think Miami has been a fake team all year with a joke of a schedule.

Never know these motivational angles in these meaningless bowl games so give me the obvious coaching advantage and Oklahoma State. I think Miami has been a fake team all year with a joke of a schedule.

im Ok with not buying canes but don’t agree with “joke of a schedule”. I don’t think okie lite has played a much tougher one. I see team rankings has okie lite sos at 17 compared to canes #27 but some canes acc wins are against teams I believe are underrated. I’ll argue all day there no chance tcu should be ranked higher than pitt or ncst for that matter.

ehlinger last game only reason Im even considering, figure he wills the team but playing horns as a fav not something that interest me at all! Lol.

I have no clue at all bout Colorado? All I heard at beginning the pac12 season was how bad they looked to be. Turns out they didn’t look bad at all but whether they solid or comp level was just terrible I have not a clue?!??

Honestly don’t think there a great bet in either game.

One thing about Colorado is their OL and DL has played really well for them, over expectations for sure. But they are lacking in the QB department, Noyer is ok some times, but also not ideally who you'd like to be your QB.

I am trying to cram on these games.

Pure coin flip for me in the first one. I have to ask, what could anyone see in Miami to like them? It's really hard to build a case for them.

One thing about Colorado is their OL and DL has played really well for them, over expectations for sure. But they are lacking in the QB department, Noyer is ok some times, but also not ideally who you'd like to be your QB.

I am trying to cram on these games.

Pure coin flip for me in the first one. I have to ask, what could anyone see in Miami to like them? It's really hard to build a case for them.

I have a hard time making a case for either team in the 1st one. Other than fact gundy wins bowl games I dunno what to like bout them either? I’m not playing anything to start these, maybe I’ll do something in game. I’ll save my bullets for sooners 2marro, think I like them to beat Gators.

I have a hard time making a case for either team in the 1st one. Other than fact gundy wins bowl games I dunno what to like bout them either? I’m not playing anything to start these, maybe I’ll do something in game. I’ll save my bullets for sooners 2marro, think I like them to beat Gators.

Oklahoma State being turnover prone is honestly the only thing I don't like about them. Otherwise, top to bottom and inside and out I feel like they are the better team.

The Phillips/Roche opt outs for Miami has to matter I'd think.

I mean the OSU OL is weak, but without players like Phillips and Roche there to take advantage of it minimizes that weakness I think.

I dunno, my concern would be seeing what Duggan did to okie lite, he like a very poor mans king and he abused them w his legs and shitty arm.

Yeah, that game could've went either way. This game could go either way. Difficult to really like either side all that much and easy to poke holes in them. Haha, poke.

Reading Colorado will get some playing time for Brendon Lewis, their 6' 2" 225 freshman QB who possibly could be their starter next year.

Also #2 receiver LaVontae Shenault did not travel.

CU has doubled it's players from Texas from 4 years ago to 22 on the roster, 6 starters. Dorrell staffers and Tucker hold overs believe recruiting in Texas as extremely important to their program's success. Could make an angle for Colorado's interest in the Alamo Bowl tonight.

On a funny side note about how these kids are pretty young and not historically proficient, Bijon Robinson said he didn't know Colorado was once in the Big Xll.

most teams do if they can
So true. I don't follow recruiting or the make ups of rosters. The story was talking about Darrin Chiaverini's return to the staff in 2016 I think it was. He recalled how vital recruiting Texas was when he was there previously and how surprised he was that they only had 10 players from Texas on the roster at that point. Not sure where they were recruiting during the Macintyre tenure, but didn't look like it was working too well.

Nate Landman is OUT for bowl game after ankle injury vs Utah. Without him in 2nd H vs Utes, they allowed 28 points. Landman is CU's only 2020 1st team PAC 12 player on D. Was last year too.

Texas will have just ONE of their 7 captains for the bowl game!

safety Caden Sterns - opt out (old news)
safety Chris Brown - opt out (new 12/10)
defensive tackle Ta’Quon Graham - opt out (new 12/12)
linebacker/end Joseph Ossai - opt out (new 12/14)

center Derek Kerstetter - injured at K State
offensive tackle Samuel Cosmi - opt out (old news)
running back - Keaontay Ingram - injured/transfer?

Jerrin Thompson looks good as a replacement at one safety spot.
Bijan Robinson and Roschon Johnson at RB make Ingram's loss next to meaningless.
Jake Majors at C and Andrej Karic at LT are good replacements on OL, but Horns could be in trouble if they lose anyone there to covid.

Covid players aren't being named.

Texas will have not 2, but now 3 starters out on the OL.

I can't really even summarize Texas' roster. Some of it is not known due to covid, but the transfer portal and opt outs, they look like a mess.

Two teams that don't appear to be at full strength tonight.

Back