Bowl Season (Not Playoffs) Discussion Thread

Not sure who those players are or if any of them matter. Houston usually sucks anyway I think.

thank you for your insight. I went large on Hawaii basically because it was only game yesterday!

Marshall RB Brenden Knox opt out. 1st team All-CUSA #1 rusher 2019 & 2020, #2 2018.

Marshall RB Brenden Knox opt out. 1st team All-CUSA #1 rusher 2019 & 2020, #2 2018.

For the Herd, the game has a bit more difficulty to it, based on some of the pieces who have opted out of the game ahead of time.
Three All-Conference USA first-team selections will not be available: running back Brenden Knox, offensive tackle Josh Ball and linebacker Tavante Beckett.

Knox was the 2019 Conference USA Most Valuable Player and Beckett was just named the 2020 Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year, leaving the Herd without two leaders, along with Ball, who is one of the league’s most coveted linemen due to his strength and size at the tackle spot.

Buffalo

Patterson, a junior who was named USA Today Sports first-team All-American this week, leads the nation in rushing yards per game (178.67) and is 11th in total rushing yards (1,072). He is one of three players tied for second in the nation with 19 rushing touchdowns. Patterson needs 166 yards to become UB’s career leading rusher; Branden Oliver holds the UB record of 4,049 rushing yards.

Patterson, however, sustained an injury to his right knee midway through the third quarter of the MAC title game. He returned wearing a brace, but only had one carry in the fourth quarter, and finished with 47 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries. UB coach Lance Leipold on Tuesday said Patterson is expected to play, but would not estimate how much, or if he would wear a knee brace.
If Patterson is not available, UB will turn to running back Kevin Marks, a redshirt junior who has run for 603 yards and six touchdowns on 77 carries this season.

If healthy enough, getting Patterson the career rushing record could be something. Tough D to do it versus.

UB TE Lefebvre wearing #41. They rotate who wears it. It’s an honor. Typically players have big games wearing it.

Great to see Marshall up to +7 & +210 after taking +155 this morning. There is almost zero reason this bowl season to bet anything further out than an hour from kickoff.

Great to see Marshall up to +7 & +210 after taking +155 this morning. There is almost zero reason this bowl season to bet anything further out than an hour from kickoff.

or just live bet. Thus far it been one disinterested team get steamrolled after another! I took Buffalo after a few series, marks gonna wear Marshall down in a hurry the way the herd offense doing nothing.

The Sun Belt Conference championship game was canceled last week because of a positive COVID-19 test that forced an entire position group to be made unavailable through contact tracing.
Those in quarantine extended to the coaching staff, as well.

Chadwell revealed Wednesday his entire defensive coaching staff was unavailable to open this week’s practices, and the position group wasn’t cleared to return until Wednesday.

Chadwell has relied on the gameplan he and his staff put together in early December to make sure the available players are ready for Saturday’s game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida.

“I do think it was beneficial, especially for us. … I didn’t have anybody from that side of the ball to be able to coach,” Chadwell said. “If we were playing another opponent, it would have been very, very challenging.

"I do think that is a benefit of preparing at least three or four days or whatever the amount was before the game got canceled. You had a majority of your gameplan in. Maybe not completely, but you had a good base of it in. For us, especially not having our defensive coaches and a position group, that was a big benefit.”

Liberty was forced to cancel its Dec. 5 game at Coastal because of an outbreak on its roster, and the Flames only had one defensive coach available during the week’s practices.

3 games today anyone got anything strong?
I'm not endorsing any specific team today, but I have some observations on the seven bowl games to date.

In each game, the team with the better win percentage has won (by an average of of 19.43) and covered (by an average of 13,43).

Another observation: In three games the teams have had equal rest. In the other four, the team with less rest has won and covered all four (by an average of 20.00) and covered by an average of 11.25),

Coastal and ULL have both (a) the better win percentage and (b) less rest,

Georgia

9 players opting out of Peach Bowl including SEVEN STARTERS on defense (6 current, 1 former):

ILB/Money - Monty Rice (30 career starts and captain #1 tklr 2019, #3 2020 & 2018)
*Replaced by Jr Quay Walker (played in 9 games this year with 1 start, 4th leading tackler)

OLB/Jack - Azeez Ojulari - (23 career starts, 2nd Team SEC, leads team w/ 5.5 sacks and 9.5 TFLs, 16 QBH)
*Replaced by Jr Adam Anderson (played in 9 games this year, 4.5 sacks, 10 QBH)

OLB- Jermaine Johnson (transfer portal) - 4 sacks, 3 QBH
*Replaced by So Nolan Smith (played in 9 games this year with 1 start, 2.5 sacks, 7 QBH)

CB - Eric Stokes (26 career starts, 2x 2nd Team SEC, team leading 4 INTs)
*Replaced by Jr Ameer Speed (played in 8 games on special teams)

Star/DB - Mark Webb (13 career starts, 1 INT - 2 PBUs)
*Replaced by So Tyrique Stevenson (played in 9 games this year, started 3 - 4 PBUs)

CB - DJ Daniel (second string, 8 games 2020, 11 game starter in 2019)
*backed up Tyson Campbell

SS - Richard LeCounte (33 career starts and captain, 3 INTs) - missed last 4, only 1st Team SEC player on D
*Christopher Smith has been starting in Lecounte's place last 4

Offense

RG - Ben Cleveland - (25 starts and captain UGA's only 1st Team SEC player on O)
*Replaced by So Warren Ericson

TE - Tre' McKitty - 6 catches for 108y with 1 TD 2020
* Was an "or" on depth chart with John FitzPatrick & Darnell Washington (combined 10-174-TD)

* Replaced by names were taken from the season ending Missouri depth chart

On paper it looks like Georgia's first line defense should be fine with the exception of CB. Ameer Speed while listed as Stokes' backup, he might not be good enough and staff might find somebody else to fill that spot.

I'm not endorsing any specific team today, but I have some observations on the seven bowl games to date.

In each game, the team with the better win percentage has won (by an average of of 19.43) and covered (by an average of 13,43).

Another observation: In three games the teams have had equal rest. In the other four, the team with less rest has won and covered all four (by an average of 20.00) and covered by an average of 11.25),

Coastal and ULL have both (a) the better win percentage and (b) less rest,

good points. Both those lines are very strong, too. Thanks for the info.

Deriq announced he is returning perhaps bullish for U tomorrow?

I played WKU +4/-125. Was interested in their tt o. I wanted to play Lafayette under with pstone but something felt off.

Coastal ml in some parlays.

Should be interesting. Let's go

CCU starting left tackle Antwine Loper is out after having surgery, according to Chadwell, on an apparent leg injury and linebacker Kendricks Gladney Jr. is questionable with an apparent knee injury. Sophomore Kameren Stewart (6-6, 250) will start in place of Loper.

Senior linebacker Silas Kelly played in just the final three defensive plays against Troy because of a possible shoulder injury, but said Wednesday he will play.

Read more here: https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/s...niversity/article248083575.html#storylink=cpy

Was trying to find any lingering issues due to covid from last week on Coastal. Don't see anything, just some of these injuries. LT and ILB shouldn't matter for them. Silas Kelly is their #1 tackler (6.5 per game), maybe if he isn't 100% it could matter, but probably not as Coastal's entire front 7 unit is really strong.

Liberty hasn't played a game since Thanksgiving weekend and QB Malik Willis was covid positive. Said he was fine, but did have to work to get back into football shape...could he be a little rusty out the gate?

Liberty hasn't played a game since Thanksgiving weekend and QB Malik Willis was covid positive. Said he was fine, but did have to work to get back into football shape...could he be a little rusty out the gate?
Watch and see for me...

I personally have almost no feel for any bowl games this week. Last week I thought I could make some angles and reasonings, I have little to no clue about any bowl game going forward.

Texas is playing down in class and are favored. Generally not a good sign for the Horns. I took the Horns -9.

I have fairly good sources in Austin I talked to over Christmas holidays. Seems Herman has been a man about town. Having a fling with a wealthy married woman. If rumors are true, here is a pic of the woman

1609176901872.png

Texas is playing down in class and are favored. Generally not a good sign for the Horns. I took the Horns -9.

I have fairly good sources in Austin I talked to over Christmas holidays. Seems Herman has been a man about town. Having a fling with a wealthy married woman. If rumors are true, here is a pic of the woman

View attachment 52789
Cool story. Hook em’..

View attachment 52789

Michelle is smoking but seems to be an annoying nag. Hope Tom didn't put a certain kind of jewelry in her stocking. That would have been a poor choice.

We also know he's keeping the area liquor stores afloat.

Moving over 0 though which is nice as it’s rather unimportant.

not like it’s gone from -2 to -7.5 for OU.

FL defense is trash and you take away Pitts - uh oh

Hopefully it still gets played
Hopefully Fla doesn't pull a stunt and pull out. His case seems isolated from what I've looked at

I got max at 2.5, this best be played

NY6 game, so it has a better chance due to money/ncaa/etc (pressure wise).

There was always a good chance of opt outs.

Hopefully Fla doesn't pull a stunt and pull out. His case seems isolated from what I've looked at

I got max at 2.5, this best be played

NY6 game, so it has a better chance due to money/ncaa/etc (pressure wise).

There was always a good chance of opt outs.
Hope it's isolated, I know opt outs won't be any justification. Like the over alot in this one.

Back