Bowl Season (Not Playoffs) Discussion Thread

Anyone care to venture a guess for me who will be the more used/effective rb for auburn? Dj Williams or Shaun shivers?

Anyone care to venture a guess for me who will be the more used/effective rb for auburn? Dj Williams or Shaun shivers?
Both will see significant snaps, with shivers being the “starter”. I’d expect shivers to out touch williams like 12-15-ish to 8-10-ish, alot like the tennessee game when bigsby got hurt early and only had 3 carries. DJ Williams is nursing a little bit of an ankle, so he may not be very involved—but he is “probable to play”. I would be surprised to see any major involvement from
any of the unproven guys, but a couple backs have entered the portal already. I wouldn’t expect steele to try to put his fingerprints on the offense at all, given his record at baylor and their inept offense from those days. Expect more of the same from morris and don’t expect auburn to be super successful running the ball (or at all on offense in general).
I am playing under and will hope for an early, scripted plays, score and look to repop under live. I see like 21-17 type game. Who knows who wins?!

Both will see significant snaps, with shivers being the “starter”. I’d expect shivers to out touch williams like 12-15-ish to 8-10-ish, alot like the tennessee game when bigsby got hurt early and only had 3 carries. DJ Williams is nursing a little bit of an ankle, so he may not be very involved—but he is “probable to play”. I would be surprised to see any major involvement from
any of the unproven guys, but a couple backs have entered the portal already. I wouldn’t expect steele to try to put his fingerprints on the offense at all, given his record at baylor and their inept offense from those days. Expect more of the same from morris and don’t expect auburn to be super successful running the ball (or at all on offense in general).
I am playing under and will hope for an early, scripted plays, score and look to repop under live. I see like 21-17 type game. Who knows who wins?!
Thanks. Nw run d doesn’t appear all that great to me, I figure if/when auburn does get offense it come from one the backs. Just trying to find a cheap option so I can load up w expensive talent at other places. Kinda banking on the more high profile backs going today not scoring crazy considering they up against what I’d consider the stronger part of every defense each one facing.

Thanks. Nw run d doesn’t appear all that great to me, I figure if/when auburn does get offense it come from one the backs. Just trying to find a cheap option so I can load up w expensive talent at other places. Kinda banking on the more high profile backs going today not scoring crazy considering they up against what I’d consider the stronger part of every defense each one facing.
Yeah thats what i see. I mean nw beat up on weak big 10 teams like purdue and nebraska, but fir the most part teams that wanted to run and stuck to it had some level of success. Watching auburn play all year, i think they have mild success but dont see them gashing them
for big gains or running for 200+. I could be surprised, but if we’re talking dfs i think shivers is a decent play. At the least, he should be on the field a ton.

Yeah thats what i see. I mean nw beat up on weak big 10 teams like purdue and nebraska, but fir the most part teams that wanted to run and stuck to it had some level of success. Watching auburn play all year, i think they have mild success but dont see them gashing them
for big gains or running for 200+. I could be surprised, but if we’re talking dfs i think shivers is a decent play. At the least, he should be on the field a ton.

yea I’m certainly not counting on a monster game, If I can get 70-80 yards a touchdown and maybe few catches at his small price tag I’ll be ahead of the game. Assuming of course the Etienne’s, Harris, and Williams of the world don’t go off, which I don’t think they will as I’d think bama and Clemson do way more damage thru the air or with Lawrence using his legs. Obviously they will get points but if shivers can stay somewhat close at half the price I’ll make them up elsewhere. That my thinking anyways. Then I’m riding with zamir white as my other in a good percentage, if anyone goes off today at the rb he one my favorite options.

Kinda crazy how dfs has taken over as more work and enjoyment for me during bowl season, lol. Been that way in nfl for some time but always been a afterthought for me in ncaa.

S—K what you got today? Don’t like going against your leans!

i was just coming here to ask for a crash course on UK - NCState. The first time I have thought about these games is literally right now ...and I have grandkids around all morning so not sure I can even try to do anything. Need some pointers and I'll make a choice.

i was just coming here to ask for a crash course on UK - NCState. The first time I have thought about these games is literally right now ...and I have grandkids around all morning so not sure I can even try to do anything. Need some pointers and I'll make a choice.

I have liked ncst all year, I think they underrated in power rankings, took them a minute to bounce back after losing their starting qb but now the other kid been playing strong. They very clever playcallers, have 2 solid backs, they can score. Problem is I’ve read majority were gonna play, missing a few starters on d what I read. Dunno who these 4 offensive opt outs are??

uk has a injured corner and one opted out so will be starting some youngsters in their back end. My concern for Wolfpack would be I think uk will control the LOS and with ncst missing lot of tackles, sacks, and defense with those few guys I think uk will have success with the run game. I leaned over until I just heard the new opt out news.

Are ncst wrs playing? Namely Thayer thomas and Emeka Emezie? I think with uk starting some new kids in the secondary these 2 could have nice games!

One of the draftking names was Provillion...he doesn't even have a catch this year

I can;t read anymore newsobserver articles, maybe will try my tablet

I think if I was gonna bet a side id hold my nose and play uk, wouldn’t want to, I prefer ncst but the trenches worry me and that line kinda screams uk. This reminds me very much of vatech bowl game last year vs this uk squad! I liked Vatech at around same line and uk beat them! Not gonna make same mistake with another acc team!! That game flew over amd I think this one does as well!

I was impressed with UK's effort in last year's bowl game vs. VT.

If NC St is missing their NFL-caliber nose tackle and best 2 LBs I think UK should be able to run it?

That was my concern with those NC State D names...UK will want to run it and has good OL. Hate to lay those points with a team who beat opponents with combined 9-31 record though.

I was impressed with UK's effort in last year's bowl game vs. VT.

If NC St is missing their NFL-caliber nose tackle and best 2 LBs I think UK should be able to run it?

absolutely think Uk will have success rushing the ball!! I do think ncst will have success thru the air assuming their top wrs playing. Over makes the most sense to me, I don’t think ncst the right side but I can’t help I like them better, lol.

I want to take NC State...because that is what I typically do, find a way to make a case for the dog who is out of favor, but I think UK wins. Sounds like both teams have something they want to prove, I don't think that motivation will be a problem for either team will be a problem...some personnel shortcomings for NC State might be too much though. I may have to swallow the points with UK, but certainly don't love it.

I want to take NC State...because that is what I typically do, find a way to make a case for the dog who is out of favor, but I think UK wins. Sounds like both teams have something they want to prove, I don't think that motivation will be a problem for either team will be a problem...some personnel shortcomings for NC State might be too much though. I may have to swallow the points with UK, but certainly don't love it.

problem being I think ncst more in favor, I mean the dog is sporting the way better record, very similar to last year with Vatech and I didn’t understand it. I can’t see how uk in favor other than being in sec? Their record sucks and wins not impressive.

UK is calling plays off the current Eddie Gran playbook even though Gran is gone. Their new OC is still in the NFL so existing staff will piece it together from what they already know and do.

I feel pretty confident ncst will be able to score some points. Just worry uk will maul them in the run game as they don’t see many physical teams.

I feel pretty confident ncst will be able to score some points. Just worry uk will maul them in the run game as they don’t see many physical teams.

Yeah...I suppose though I worry about UK's ability to score points? I guess they did ok vs bad teams and didn't vs good teams. NCState D at full strength I think could handle it. Just have to wonder how much of a drop off they might have. And how much UK O can really "grow" or get better with the OC and playcalling change? Their QB still can't throw and if NCState knows they are running downhill, they are smart enough to make a gameplan for it.

I hate trying to force a pick at the last minute...done it a bunch this bowl season, hasn't worked out all bad.

Hopefully Kentucky can score enough - heading to ingame and will further try to pick something on IU-OM

Not gonna mess with the Hoosiers game but very invested in Scott at rb, he always gets the touches, I think be much easier sledding vs the ol piss Swiss cheese d. Also kinda fading ol miss offense so hoping the Hoosier d comes to play! Little nervous bout that.

Not gonna mess with the Hoosiers game but very invested in Scott at rb, he always gets the touches, I think be much easier sledding vs the ol piss Swiss cheese d. Also kinda fading ol miss offense so hoping the Hoosier d comes to play! Little nervous bout that.

Curious to see what's the reason for the line drop.

Back