Bowl Season (Not Playoffs) Discussion Thread

I lean under here, but with what we have seen with opt outs, general disinterest from the defenses seemingly, and the success of the backups/freshmen at qb & rb I can’t play it.

I'm playing Ball +9.5 and US Army o41

kills me these jerkoffs stuck my sjst squad in this garbage game. I wanted points vs a power 5 club, not to lay freaking -9.5 vs nut sack state!

I gotta do some work on army/wvu, no clue if army will have success w option or not? Feel like wvu could suffocate it.

I think the powers that be purposely avoided letting this kick ass group of 5 clubs play any the power 5!! Then put cincy up against what I think the best team not in playoffs who I would favor over 1 or 2 playoff teams right now!! Mfers had no interest in letting the little guys have a case!

Won't OU score every time? I think the b12 was pretty legit this year. Florida played one good team as UGA was lost at the time.

Certainly value is gone vs opening line but given the information we have now I’m not sure if the line is still short?

LSU was able to dominate this UF team at full strength.

Won't OU score every time? I think the b12 was pretty legit this year. Florida played one good team as UGA was lost at the time.

Certainly value is gone vs opening line but given the information we have now I’m not sure if the line is still short?

LSU was able to dominate this UF team at full strength.

i feel that way too but just hate betting into a line after it moved so much. I liked sooners at -3 before knowing of any opt outs and whatever else going on with Gators. Ou actually playing a little defense this year!

looking at these games tmrw, West Virginia is going to pose the most dynamic pass offense army has seen all year and I think that is what the total and side is going to come down too - can the army d stop all the crossing routes.

Tulsa - Mississippi state - I believe tulsa plays a 3-3-5 which I think is good against leach.

Ball State is a team that has just been proving themselves game after game against some quality competition - matchup stats favor san jose but I think when you beat toledo, central, western, and buffalo in 4 consecutive games 10 points is just too many points.

Fort Worth weather forecast for close to 100% chance of rain with winds in the teens and temps in the upper 30's.

The Hurricane will be without the services of All-America linebacker Zaven Collins, who has started preparing for the NFL Draft. Robert Revels III, a fifth-year senior who has played in 47 career games, is expected to start in Collins’ place.

Not sure if that is old news or not, or maybe it is just getting around now?

Kelly Hines is a Tulsa reporter on twitter, she said all clear post covid testing and Tulsa World newspaper I didn't see any additional players listed who aren't playing.

The biggest problem with Tulsa is their consistent issue of falling behind early in games. I forget how many games they trailed by 14 points this year...4? And last game vs Cincy they fell behind 10-0. Hell of a team to have comeback from all of those to either win or tie late, but it's got to be hard to continue coming back from deficits and recovering from slow offensive starts.

Defensively, Tulsa should matchup well. One might question the Tulsa O vs Miss St D though.

Gonna be miserable weather here in Cowtown for the Armed Forces Bowl.
Temp 40
Rain 100%
Winds 20-30

I won't be grilling burgers
It ain't exactly balmy at this end of the metroplex, either. If you ever wondered what it's like to go to college in Providence, Rhode Island -- well, now you know.

It ain't exactly balmy at this end of the metroplex, either. If you ever wondered what it's like to go to college in Providence, Rhode Island -- well, now you know.
I'm going UNDER for reasons other than the weather, but the weather doesn't hurt. Also playing State largely on the fade-the-championship-game-loser angle.

It's almost like the 92 Cotton Bowl, there was less wind that day. My feet were frozen.
FSU 10
Ags 2

The thing that keeps me from pressing that submit button is the limited number of WVU possessions that will probably occur as a result of the way Army plays....I need to check how WVU is in the redzone in terms of TDs vs FGs, but I know one of you guys has that info already!

I know Neal Brown faced option from Ga So while at Troy, but I think he is an offensive minded coach. Still, at 7, ARMY could break one or get a D score. Gonna jump on that small (-125).

what is our In Game crew leaning to for the 1h?
1H under 22.5?
wanna have something to cheer for

Yeah...it's hard to "cheer" for an Under. I was thinking Under 1st H, probably Under for game. Not sure the side, I find reasons to like and not like about both sides.

Can’t stomach an under that low. staring at TTS of 10.5 each. That just isn’t that much of an ask.

f’it, dawgs over 10.5 (-120) small

Anyone know whats behind the WVU movement? I know its a conference mismatch, and Army hasnt played anyone - but 3.5 pts, no notable opt outs I see, same gameplan for Army to control clock and run it 9000 times - 10 pts in a game with a 41 total is tough.

Any thoughts gents?

I lean WVU. Who you like at 2? Ball’s pass defense should get exposed finally.

I haven't tried to define the reasons for it yet, but hard not to like San Jose. Only hesitation would be if they for some reason aren't as excited to play a historically bad team from a conference they probably barely know about. It's like one of their least inspiring opponents they've played all year. Countering that would be the Brennan effect and the goal of actually finishing a season undefeated and putting their team in San Jose's greatest team record books.

Forgot about this...West Virginia has played just 1 games since November 14th! Quotes sound like they are happy to be playing the 31st as earlier bowl projections had them in a Dec 26th bowl that got canceled. Due to their layoff, being out of game shape and some lingering covid players they said it would've been tough for them to be ready for the 26th game.

Noted earlier Tony Fields opted out for the draft. He had a really nice season for WVU after transfering in from Zona. Another former Zona player, S Scottie Young was not cleared to play for WVU so he was scout team all year. He will play today S and LB today. 30 career starts at Arizona.

West Virginia sounds to be pretty happy and excited to play the bowl:

1) multiple quotes about not wanting to end the season with the 6-42 loss to ISU
2) QB Doege has 29 career starts (WV and BGSU) and never played in a bowl
3) WVU is 0-3 their last 3 post season bowls (former staff) so nobody there has won a bowl game

Biggest worry is offense timing and clicking early run and pass. The layoff coupled with the limited number of possessions WVU likely will get compared to normal will mean they have to make the most of their opportunities.

Legit worry, WVU O 1st Q scoring / 1st H total scoring vs opponents:
vs ISU 0/0
vs TCU 7 / 14
vs Texas 7 / 7
vs K St 3 / 24
vs T Tech 7 / 13
vs KU 7 / 17
vs Baylor 7 / 7
vs OSU 0 / 7

WVU hasn't scored more than 7 points in any 1st Q other than EKU this season! And they've been limited to 17 or less in 7 of 8 1st halves!

Ball State has second most rush attempts per game in MAC (45), Kent is #1 with 50. I did not expect to see that.

But their ypc the last 4 games from recent to oldest: 3.53, 3.12, 2.94, 2.92. Their first 3 games of the year before Huntley opted out, they averaged 4.95 ypc as a team and Huntley averaged 5.46. He is still the team's leading rusher by almost 100 yards.

San Jose should be well prepared and equipped to limit Ball State's rush O having faced stronger units already.

Ball State might have some success passing though.

This peach bowl played in the dome in atl right? Just making sure cause my score app shows the temp and rain during game but pretty sure it meaningless? Lol

Back