Bowl Season (Not Playoffs) Discussion Thread

Inspekdah mentioned it ingame thread, this Memphis team is just not who you want to lay points with. In fact they are 0-4 vs FBS as a favorite this year ATS! Only cover was vs SFA which they failed to cover the 1st H line as I recall, but ended up blowing them out in the 2nd H. That is their only favorite cover on the year!

Problem is...they are playing FAU who is really bad. If anyone watched their last game vs University of Southern Miss who is also really bad this year, you got to see how bad FAU actually is.

So what happens here? This is the first time that Memphis has the benefit of playing a team worse than them in a bowl.
Willie-T, enough said...

So hard to find any reason to want any part of LaTech. SOS incredibly similar (both terrible) but Ga Southern has competed hard and hung in against most the top sun belt teams and army. Even the coastal game they were tied 14 all at the half, tech doesn’t have anything that impressive on their resume imo. You could argue the best win between the 2 was Latech beating UAB but all the close losses against teams I think are much better actually impresses me more!

Since SOS is so similar I tend to think the stats are more relevant. Eagles far and away hold the stats edge all over the board. 5.8 ypp compared to latech putrid 4.1, defensively tech allows 6ypp compared to Ga southern 5ypp. Eagles have one the highest rush percentages in college and latech allows 4.9 per carry as teams exploit this weakness attempting 40 rushes a game vs them! Latech offense has been horrific so it tough to see this going any other way than the Eagles run game totally controlling this thing!

Im assuming Wertz is gonna remain out but does it matter who plays qb for ga southern? I don’t know that Tomlin will be able to play either as he hurt his ankle during the app st game. Maybe qb will matter if Eagles on their 3rd string guy? They were actually up 17-7 on app st last game! Then app at went 10-0 in 3rd to tie it and proceeded to outscore the Eagles 17-9 in 4th. Same thing happened against coastal so don’t know how much of that was qb change or just them losing to the better teams in “witching hour”?

anyone know if Tomlin will play in this one?

I’m still not real sure it matters? Mosley ran a bunch of times in the app st game which what you expect from their QBs, problem was he didn’t have much success doing so!! I didn’t see it so just don’t know if he as capable a runner or running the offense?

I’m assuming Wesley Kennedy remains suspended and won’t play in the bowl game? Seems odd they would bring him back now.

I played LT over 21/+100.

Back up QB Allen played great against UAB and Marshall.

he only threw 9 passes against Marshall in a game that was pretty much decided by time he came in correct? The UAB game was so long ago, they still had their top wr at that point didn’t they? Think that was Hardy last game before he opted out. Hard to take anything away from their last 2 games. Everyone scores on north Texas and they were clearly just overmatched vs tcu. Is Allen playing this game? Him and Anthony played in both the last 2 games.

I played LT over 21/+100.

Back up QB Allen played great against UAB and Marshall.
Like it, I make this thing a coin flip and won't hear one argument from me about any kinds of overs in these trash bowls, think some of them might get to be pro bowl esque when it comes to defensive intensity

Like it, I make this thing a coin flip and won't hear one argument from me about any kinds of overs in these trash bowls, think some of them might get to be pro bowl esque when it comes to defensive intensity

but I so lean under in the Memphis game! Lol. Think I lean FAU as much but they go hand in hand, I sure don’t see them sticking around in a game that Memphis scores more than mid 20s.

but I so lean under in the Memphis game! Lol. Think I lean FAU as much but they go hand in hand, I sure don’t see them sticking around in a game that Memphis scores more than mid 20s.
And naturally I'm on Memphis and tt over, in Brady I trust!

he only threw 9 passes against Marshall in a game that was pretty much decided by time he came in correct? The UAB game was so long ago, they still had their top wr at that point didn’t they? Think that was Hardy last game before he opted out. Hard to take anything away from their last 2 games. Everyone scores on north Texas and they were clearly just overmatched vs tcu. Is Allen playing this game? Him and Anthony played in both the last 2 games.

never mind. I see Anthony suffered bad ankle injury at end of last game so it will be all Allen!!

I'd say if Mosley is GaSo QB LaTech should be able to stay in the game. I bet we see Werts and I'm almost sure we see the freshman Kenerson in some role if Werts remains out.

First bad team Memphis has played in a bowl. You'd think Brady White should put up numbers...so long he doesn't play like Betty White (first coined by VK) because he has been known to throw a clunker out there.

There literally is nothing I can think of to like about the current version of LaTech O. Skip Holtz works wonders in bowls however.

I can get Ga Sou at -4.5 in my contest, I may have to change it to a key pick after this nugget... :shake:

I'd be absolutely floored shocked if Werts playing doesn't matter a lot.

Trying to find out if he is actually starting or just in uniform as in some kind of inspirational way. Pregame radio show on now.

radio just said "yes we are expecting to see QB1 back there, if not Mosley will start or some by committee with Kenerson as well".

So reports are Mosley is still starting. If they plan on playing Werts my guess is once he goes in he doesn't come out. Mosley is bad, I believe he was the backup at Wofford, not even a starter there. I don't know how or why you start Mosley if Werts is cleared to go.

GSU radio crew really doesn't know. Still citing Werts, Mosley, Kenerson "or whoever is out there" Not the home team insight I expected.

Werts playing is enough to keep me off of LaTech. Part of the reason I liked them was the QB situation at Georgia Southern. I'm not sure LaTech can be counted on to score many points.

TV just said Werts starting.

2-1 on bowls

going with Georgia southern -6.5

lfg

played them too. 1-0 so far, been selective. Don’t feel like I’m being selective here, being a degen! Lol. Small play for me cause no way im as confident I was bout the Nevada game going over! (Should have played Nevada lean also!).,

When in doubt I key in on rushing matchups more than anything. And I like the edge here for GASO

stat wise there very little that doesn’t scream ga southern imo. Little worried they on 3rd qb but long as he can run the offense and run a little shouldn’t be a huge deal.

The Louisiana tech qb is making history today. He is the first blind person to play in a college football bowl game.

quite the achievement! They should let him have his little dog out there! I asked if he was color blind in the in-game thread, didn’t consider he could just be blind blind! Like he can make out shapes but obviously not colors or numbers!

• Haha
Reactions: KJ

Not sure who those players are or if any of them matter. Houston usually sucks anyway I think.
I'm so confused, how does it not go against GPA? Fuzzy math?

I'm so confused, how does it not go against GPA? Fuzzy math?

Looks like it was a bit of a "hot take, click bait" story. Not like the media would ever do something like that would they.

Not like you want to read message board drivel (wait this is a message board), but the Houston forums are all in a tizzy over it. Apparently that is the total number of players out, as in opt outs (2 that matter as far as I know) and injured players and academics. So basically I might be a nonstory unless there are any key players burried in the list somewhere. We already know about Stuard and Turner.

Reactions: KJ
quite the achievement! They should let him have his little dog out there! I asked if he was color blind in the in-game thread, didn’t consider he could just be blind blind! Like he can make out shapes but obviously not colors or numbers!
Tulane played a legally blind long-snapper in 2015, Aaron Golub.

And what was the story on that DE for Bama in 1996? Deaf? Blind in one eye? Whatever it was, it kept him out of the end zone after a turnover by the Vols.

I remember Kenny Walker from Nebraska, he was deaf. But I'm not going head to head on memory of deaf and blind players with MW!

Yeah Kenny Walker is the one I recall, I'm quite certain we're all blind to a degree just depends how you want to define it

Houston LB Grant Stuard and DE Payton Turner opts out of bowl game.
Those are the only two position player Houston had on the All-AAC Team (Stuard 1st tm, Turner 2nd tm)

Super WR Marquez Stevenson opted out yesterday I think it was.

Big loss for Cougs not to have him. #1 receiver 2017 and 2018 and leads team with TDs this year (4), but #3 receptions (20) because he missed two games. Also an outstanding KO returnman.

It could arguably be said that UH's three best players are opted out now. Stevenson didn't make All AAC this year due to 5 games, but he was 1st Tm 2019 and 2018. Stuard was 1st team this year and 2nd team last year. If you watch Houston football you will know Stuard as the white guy with all the hair. Then Turner recognized as 2nd team this year.

Always have to be careful not to over react to these things ,but those are 3 big names for this team.

I know Houston fans like Fr Chidozie Nwanko in the middle of the DL, so that is somebody to watch tomorrow.

On the Hawaii side watch for LB Darius Muasau...LOL the one TV announcer basically had a man-crush on him during the UNLV game.

I'm MLing Hawaii. Not sure I will type out a bunch of reasons. Some here and some in Br@ssknux thread.

Back