2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

More of a buyer beware thing, 4 days of rain is unheard of, especially if it's only hitting SD one full day

Rd4

If they get it in, it should be a high variance affair.

0.5u each

Rd4 3-balls

Hoge +300 ov Scottie/JT
Malnati +400 ov Morikawa/Hossler
Hughes +230 ov Deki/Young

0.25u

Final Round Lowest Score
Seamus Power +20000

2-0 rd.3 +8.4. Can’t wait to watch how the guys fair in this weather. Don’t think I’ve ever played in such expected conditions.

Both Clark and Hubbard home gown Colorado boys, really think Clark will have a difficult time today, very hard to follow up with a 60, when all the putts and bounces went his way in Rd.3.

Odds favor Oh-Bear but Frenchie Pavon might be worth a look today.

No fans or volunteers is the only news I’ve heard this morning

GL on your plays and pendings

My 'no ace' bet got paid out and I'm hearing from guys who had top 5 wagers that they placed live during round 3 that have been paid.

What's the verdict on your top 5 ticket @laopadak ?

My ticket was graded as a loss @chipnotized. Could’ve gone either way I suppose, Scheffler and JT could’ve played better rd.3, but if rd.4 commenced, no telling what could’ve happened in the crazy weather. Oh well, onto the next.

2-2-1 +5u for ATT.

Damnit I knew betting Clark while the round was still "live" on Saturday but a lock he was ERL to win tournament was worth a stab.

My win bets placed live on Scottie are toast? Would love a refund...

+6.49u for the tourney, but 6 of those units came from the Detry Top 5 after Rd1 wager.

Looking for big things from the party in Phoenix.
Check on weather. Supposed to rain here every day from tomorrow through Saturday now. Wind shouldn't be much of a factor but drainage likely will be.

One of the best weeks of the year.

Still bitter about losing Aberg to a Pebble record :(.

Probably last time he's 30-1 pre tournament this year.

FIL is on 16 Friday or Saturday some hospitality area. Jelly indeed I am.

My local had some tough matchups this week. Pretty much everyone I was targeting is faced up with another player I was targeting. Went with these:

JT to win +900

Yu -105 over Putnam
Bezuidenhout -125 over Todd
Cam Young EV over Wyndham Clark
An -130 over Min Woo Lee

My local had some tough matchups this week. Pretty much everyone I was targeting is faced up with another player I was targeting. Went with these:

JT to win +900

Yu -105 over Putnam
An -130 over Min Woo Lee
Like that Cam over Clark a lot.

JT to win +900

Yu -105 over Putnam
An -130 over Min Woo Lee

I’ll ride with JT.

WM Phoenix

1u
Hole in one -- Yes -115
...taking a break from 'fade the ace' for this week, I'm in the mood to cheer for beer, especially Sunday.

1u each

To Miss Cut

Fitzpatrick +260
Conners +240

1u

Tourney Winner -- Big Guns -- Scottie, JT, Homa, Speith, Burns, Wyndham +145
...had to get some Scottie exposure and this offering from BOL fit the bill

1u each

Tourney Placings

Kuchar -- Top 30 +190
Scott -- Top 30 +114
Kitayama -- Top 40 +110
Knapp -- Top 40 +130

Funky Special Longshots

0.5u

JT, Hun An, Min Woo -- All Top 20 +600

0.2u

Burns, Min Woo, Wyndham, Deki -- All Top 10 +15000

Swing it easy gents.

Couple carnival bets I've found

Hole in One on 16 +350 1*
Homa and Scott both finish top 20 (ties included) +550 .5*
Homa 1st round leader +5000 .1* (not sure on dead heat on this one)

Course will be wet and receptive, by far the best hole for an ace. Never really think of 4, 7, 12 as birdie holes...hell 17 might be more likely than those which means they'll all see one except 16. But great odds on what should see some darts.

WM Phoenix

1u
Hole in one -- Yes -115
...taking a break from 'fade the ace' for this week, I'm in the mood to cheer for beer, especially Sunday.

1u each

To Miss Cut

Fitzpatrick +260
Conners +240

1u

Tourney Winner -- Big Guns -- Scottie, JT, Homa, Speith, Burns, Wyndham +145
...had to get some Scottie exposure and this offering from BOL fit the bill

1u each

Tourney Placings

Kuchar -- Top 30 +190
Scott -- Top 30 +114
Kitayama -- Top 40 +110
Knapp -- Top 40 +130

Funky Special Longshots

0.5u

JT, Hun An, Min Woo -- All Top 20 +600

0.2u

Burns, Min Woo, Wyndham, Deki -- All Top 10 +15000

Swing it easy gents.
I've done that big guns bet a few times

Phoenix 1st Round

1u

Scottie Rd1 Birdies U 4.5 +140
...hoping it takes a bit for the flatstick to get humming

0.5u each

Rd1 Top 5 -- Bezuidenhout +1200
Rd1 Top 5 -- Bhatia +1000

0.2u

FRL -- Hoge +9000

Not taking anything away from him as it's an amazing accomplishment...

Par 70, altitude of 8,900 feet, 6,254 yards and preferred lies.

57 scorecard.jpeg

Reactions: KJ
Not taking anything away from him as it's an amazing accomplishment...

Par 70, altitude of 8,900 feet, 6,254 yards and preferred lies.

View attachment 81412
Pretty much said the same thing last night, think a text. Still a 59 on a par 72 would be incredible, not sure what all the previous 59s have been shot into.

6254 is pushing executive course level

6,254 at 8,900 feet is playing the forward tees. Add in being able to lift, clean and place - most likely w/in 1 club length - there should be an asterisk. Not saying I can do it but that was the perfect storm for low scores.

6,254 at 8,900 feet is playing the forward tees. Add in being able to lift, clean and place - most likely w/in 1 club length - there should be an asterisk. Not saying I can do it but that was the perfect storm for low scores.
First time I broke 80 I was out here on vacay, still in college in MO so playing quite a bit. Great uncle takes me out, I shoot 79 and go home like I've got new chops.

Took me a few years to realize it was a par 62 course

Bit of a clusterfuck to say the least. I'm blaming @KJ and his rain dancing display at the seniors center.

0.5u

Leader after Rd2

Berger +3000

• Love
Second round today starts at 5 - some groups will get a couple holes in while the later tee times (6:50) probably don't start. Rain through the night and tomorrow morning which will most likely mean a delay. Second round times finish tomorrow afternoon? Rounds 3 and 4 Sunday and Monday?

Kisner and Smylie have been incredible on the 16th tee box, Kisner joining in the booing is next level

Kisner and Smylie have been incredible on the 16th tee box, Kisner joining in the booing is next level
These two were OUTSTANDING!

But, and I am sure many have seen the uproar on SM...

There was TOO MUCH coverage of 16 today, especially after NBC coverage ended and went to the golf channel. I don't remember seeing Cam Young, for example, until his last two holes.

Pretty fun leaderboard to be honest.

Theegala is always a fun name up there, you can't help but love the guy.

JT and 'The Spieth Experience' showing out.

Cam looking for that first PGA win.

Nick Taylor becoming a factor again.

Clark, Kim, Burns, Sheff, Lowry, English, Deki, Fitz, Scott, Berger all within 4-7 strokes right now with 27 ish holes left.

Frost delay likely.

Will be interesting to WHEN they finish.

Tough to play until 8pm eastern tomorrow night, ya know. Although I can remember a few Phoenix Opens having a playoff conclude as the SB has started.

Monday?

These two were OUTSTANDING!

But, and I am sure many have seen the uproar on SM...

There was TOO MUCH coverage of 16 today, especially after NBC coverage ended and went to the golf channel. I don't remember seeing Cam Young, for example, until his last two holes.
Yeah possibly, pretty sure they just didn't care so much to show the front nine on a R3 coverage when all the resources were put into the back. Leaders are gonna get lucky and probably go through 15-18 around 9-11am local tomorrow and they know that final round coverage will either have leaders up against the SB on those holes or be on Monday. Can't blame them for wanting to get their money's worth with all those cameras today.

Was able to get Scottie at +498 with a 10% bonus before he made that bird on 10. Feel like playing 27* in a row helps a guy like him eventually find a run and go back to back.

I'm afraid the amount of crazy has forced the Phx Open to finally dumb it down a bit. Go figure that it happened in a year where a long time Red Bull exec and owner of a weed dispensary was the Thunderbird in charge.

I'm afraid the amount of crazy has forced the Phx Open to finally dumb it down a bit. Go figure that it happened in a year where a long time Red Bull exec and owner of a weed dispensary was the Thunderbird in charge.
I'd say this dies down and a few modifications are made.

Maybe cap tickets, for one.

Also, the weather didn't help, longer days and the few hour break from action on 16 on Saturday for instance.

More security.

The simplest thing is to not be serving to people when they are intoxicated. That's the biggest problem.

The advent of SM and content drives people to do stuff as well.

Back