2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

Charlie is pre qualifier for Cognizant.
He has almost no shot to qualify, but still kind of cool to see him try. Hope the course that's holding it is prepared for a few more fans than a typical Monday-Q

He has almost no shot to qualify, but still kind of cool to see him try. Hope the course that's holding it is prepared for a few more fans than a typical Monday-Q
Excited for updates from the Monday Q Twitter.

Guy golfed with Phil in the rain this week.

He has to make it to Monday first. Playing this week to qualify for the Monday qualifier.

Wonder when he gets his first sponsors exemption.

Shotgun approach for this tequila-soaked affair

2u

Tournament matchup. Tony Finau, Nicolai Hojgaard, Emiliano Grillo, Stephan Jaeger, Thomas Detry, Taylor Pendrith, Thorbjorn Olesen, Keith Mitchell, Patrick Rodgers, Erik van Rooyen and Ryan Fox vs The Field. All 11 named players must start for action. +140

1u each

Tournament / Will there be a Hole in One -- No +139

Tourney Matchup
Knapp +102 Fox

0.5u

Taylor Pendrith & Keith Mitchell both to Finish in the Top 5 (Incl. Ties) +4000

Swing it easy amigos.

Round 4 only
McIntyre -110 vs Wallace for a unit
McIntyre +8000 for 0.3 units

It’s never easy… swing it easy.. hope everyone is doing well

Mexico recap- I enjoyed watching this tournament and cheering/learning about some of the lesser-known players. Great win for the Knappster and the lower tier guys getting paid / FedEx points for 2024.

3-1 for the tourney: +8u.

Onto the next.

The Match IX degen plays- .75u each

North Carolina/K State/Knicks/Lexi +557
North Carolina/K State/Knicks/Maxi +411

Took last week off, and I'm glad I did. Leaderboard looked rough. Not much for Honda (Cognizant), but found a few I liked:

Lowry -105 over Min Woo Lee
Berger -115 over Rickie

Lowry top 10 +400

Anybody backing AK in Saudi?

Took last week off, and I'm glad I did. Leaderboard looked rough. Not much for Honda (Cognizant), but found a few I liked:

Berger -115 over Rickie

Lowry top 10 +400

I'm assuming AK is with the other few guys that don't have teams?

I'm assuming AK is with the other few guys that don't have teams?
Yeah he's one of the "wild card" players. Have to imagine he gets picked up by a team though. He might be the biggest draw for LIV possible, at least for a few events. If he plays halfway decent, LIV may actually have a bargaining chip on their hands. Though I guess AK is only interesting for the golf nerds that were following the sport 12-15 years ago

Yeah he's one of the "wild card" players. Have to imagine he gets picked up by a team though. He might be the biggest draw for LIV possible, at least for a few events. If he plays halfway decent, LIV may actually have a bargaining chip on their hands. Though I guess AK is only interesting for the golf nerds that were following the sport 12-15 years ago
I have a feeling he'll struggle mightily.

With that being said, the bottom ten there on that circuit struggle pretty bad as well, so he'll kinda blend into the bottom of the individual standings.

Hopefully someone offers an over/under on scores for him.

With that being said, the bottom ten there on that circuit struggle pretty bad as well, so he'll kinda blend into the bottom of the individual standings.

It's certainly a softer landing than the PGA Tour would have been.

Cognizant- weather looks to be good. Careful counting your round chickens as that bear trap might play spoiler throughout the week.

Rd.1- Billy Ho top 10, rd.1 (ties paid) +850 1u

GL this week

Reportedly AK shot an 82 in the practice round

Left 2u south of the border. Haven't found a lot to wager on for this week pre-flop.

Cognizant Classic

Tourney Matchups

1u each

Pavon +108 Straka
Jaeger -115 Straka

0.2u

Bhatia, Conners, Hoge, Fitz, Tom Kim, Berger, Novak, Lowry, Jaeger, Svensson -- all to make the cut +5000

Swing it easy fellas.

We have lost the plot in terms of the coddling of PGA Tour pros, and its actually become completely counter-intuitive to what they should want too.

The Tour made a concerted effort to make PGA National easier this year, meddling with one of the few PGA Tour courses that has a distinctive identity.

This event has marketed the "Bear Trap" as one of the hardest three hole stretches in golf, yet instead of leaning into this uniquely challenging aspect of the course, they have been making continual changes to make this stretch easier (shorter tee box on 15, wider mowing lines on 16)

The US Open faced a similar problem when LACC wasn't set up as hard as fans' expectations. I have no problem with a US Open being won at -9, but if you are going to sell hats with "GRIT" in big block letters and market your event as the toughest test in golf, then you cannot fault fans for being dissapointed when the course is set up counter-intuitively to its branding.

The Cognizant is in an even more precarious spot. It was just stated on the broadcast that tournament organizers felt PGA National - Bay Hill - TPC Sawgrass is too "grueling" of a stretch, so they are changing the identity of the event to make it easier. This is senseless & problematic for a number of a reasons. There has never been a larger gap between the average PGA Tour setup and the average major championship setup, and with the Tour unwilling to acknowledge the problem with driver face technology, we are effectively trending towards a Tour that literally in *no way* prepares players for what they will see in major championships.

The fracturing of the golf world and so many great players leaving for LIV has already de-valued non-major championship golf, the PGA Tour making an active effort to widen the gap between their courses and majors from a set-up standpoint (especially when they have effectively marketed the event differently for years) is beyond confounding to me.

1-1 rd.1, +6.5. Bad read/play on Nico yesterday. Gonna be windy today.

Rd.2- Straka under 69.5 -155 (DK boost to -125) 5u

Rd.2 live add- Van Rooyen (-1) +120 v. Nico (-2) 3u

Last edited:
DFL for AK. Though I guess +6 in "tournament" conditions isn't that bad. Bubba is +4

The PGA Tour is the only major professional sports league where the membership thinks, no expects, the bottom tier guys to have the same opportunity as the top tier. On no planet does the last guy on the bench for the Lakers expect to get the same minutes as Lebron. I get that it is somewhat of a closed system, but that's life. I don't think it's some kind of injustice or tragedy that Rory McIlroy gets to play in the Signature Events, and Vince Whaley and Hayden Buckley don't.

I think the problem of the "mules" and the course setup issues are somewhat related, and it's because of the equipment. The improvements in the clubs and the balls have not only increased the number of guys who can play high-level golf, but it's made a lot of the course setups obsolete. And with Trackman these guys grow up thinking that if they make a perfect swing, they should get a perfect result. So when they get bad bounces, or there's wind, or whatever variable they can't control and Trackman can't replicate, they think it's unfair and should be changed. Golf isn't supposed to be fair. It's about managing your round in the face of unfairness

/rant

Berger -115 over Rickie

Lowry top 10 +400

Back to my previous knack for fading the guy at the top of the leaderboard. Lowry still can catch Min Woo obviously, but I liked it better when the guys I faded MC lol

2-0 Rd.3, +4.5u for the tourney. Some tough 3 hole stretches on both front and back nine, anything can happen but really think it’s a 2 horse race between Lowry and Eckroat.

Getting these in now as price may change or bets no longer available.

Eckroat under 70.5 -125 5u (FD)
Eckroat top American +100 6u (Betrivers)

Alot riding on Eckroat so gonna need a play or two to add in the morning.

Rd.4 add- Pan under 69.5 +120 3u (FD)

GL on your Sunday plays

Last edited:
2-0 Rd.3, +4.5u for the tourney. Some tough 3 hole stretches on both front and back nine, anything can happen but really think it’s a 2 horse race between Lowry and Eckroat.

Getting these in now as price may change or bets no longer available.

Eckroat under 70.5 -125 5u (FD)
Eckroat top American +100 6u (Betrivers)

Alot riding on Eckroat so gonna need a play or two to add in the morning.

GL on your Sunday plays
Gl!!

Round 4 only

Pavon-115 vs Knapp: gut feeling Knapp will have a letdown round after the win last week plus being paired with Rory the first three rounds. I’m betting he’s mentally tired… if he proves me wrong so be it.

Best of luck on your wagers guys

Back