2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

Feeling a little frisky for this tourney, let's see if I can keep it going or will I give it all back?

Day -135 over Cole
English -135 over Lowry
Xander -130 over Cantlay
Finau -125 over Aberg

Top 10s:
Keegan +300
Day +225
Finau +250
English +450
Sahith +400

1.1u

Golf - Fed-Ex Round 2 - Stephan Jaeger vs Patrick Rodgers - Spread | 7235 Stephan Jaeger -½ -110 for GAME

1u each

Golf - Fed-Ex Round 2 - Greyson Sigg vs Vincent Whaley - Spread | 7227 Greyson Sigg -½ +108 for GAME
...Sigg with a flatstick edge

Golf - Fed-Ex Round 2 - Nicolai Hojgaard vs Will Zalatoris - Spread | 7232 Will Zalatoris +½ +108 for GAME
...Berryhorse released this matchup this morning at Hojgaard -150 and it ballooned to -175, so I'm legally obligated to take Willy Z +0.5 at a plus price

Nick Dunlap announces he is turning pro. I think that is wise. He's exempt into the remaining 7 signature events, of which 4 are no-cut, the Players and the PGA Championship, all of which were dependent on him being a pro. He loses his British Open exemption, but now that he's up to 68th in the world, getting a top 50 OWGR exemption is in reach

Nick Dunlap announces he is turning pro. I think that is wise. He's exempt into the remaining 7 signature events, of which 4 are no-cut, the Players and the PGA Championship, all of which were dependent on him being a pro. He loses his British Open exemption, but now that he's up to 68th in the world, getting a top 50 OWGR exemption is in reach
Great points.

Is the amateur status designation for college golfers outdated with NIL?

Great points.

Is the amateur status designation for college golfers outdated with NIL?
Unless I'm mistaken, the only rules on amateurism for golf come from the USGA. So I don't think the NCAA rules interfere with it unless there is a direct violation of the USGA rule. The USGA ones are pretty strict. I think the max amount an amateur can get from any event, whether it's a PGA Tour event or a local club member-guest is $1000 or equivalent in merchandise. I'm not sure how they view equipment, as most of the top amateurs stopped paying for clubs and balls years ago

Rd.3 play- Detry under 71.5 -120 3u.

Can't help myself but add Rd.3.. Keegan -142 over Rodgers, Wis (CBB) ML +175 1.5u

GL today fellas.

Last edited:
Detry looking good. I wish I had taken him instead of Homa, who was up 3 shots on Min Woo Lee, then while up 2 shots did this on the 1st.
Shot 1 296 yds to left fairway bunker, 161 yds to hole

Shot 2 176 yds to right rough, 36 yds to hole

Shot 3 39 yds to green, 7 ft 2 in. to hole

Shot 4 Putt 9 ft 7 in., 3 ft 7 in. to hole

Shot 5 ft 6 in., 23 in. to hole

Shot 6In the hole

Last edited:
Detry looking good. I wish I had taken him instead of Homa, who was up 3 shots on Min Woo Lee, then while up 2 shots did this on the 1st.
Shot 1296 yds to left fairway bunker, 161 yds to hole

Shot 2176 yds to right rough, 36 yds to hole

Shot 339 yds to green, 7 ft 2 in. to hole

Shot 4Putt 9 ft 7 in., 3 ft 7 in. to hole

Shot 5Putt 5 ft 6 in., 23 in. to hole

Shot 6In the hole
Ol' 7 footer for par turns into a double. Pretty sure none of us have done that

I have no outstanding bets today.

I did put a small wager at noon today on Mike Kim +1800 for rooting interest.

Yeah, tough day for sure. Tough to watch also. Hopefully some good lines/opportunities presents itself for final round. Need to build up some coin so I can dump it all on Sunday's games...lol. No doubt tomorrows plays will involve some NFL championship sunday.

I'm pumped that we have basically a 'new' tournament next week at Pebble. This will be the most anticipated one since both Phil and Tiger played the same year.

With that being said, this week isn't the usual 'feel' at Torrey.

I'm pumped that we have basically a 'new' tournament next week at Pebble. This will be the most anticipated one since both Phil and Tiger played the same year.

With that being said, this week isn't the usual 'feel' at Torrey.
DK has had these odds fpr Scottsdale since November and I have no clue how that works for an event where some of these guys won't play. Just bizarre. They've had odds for the Masters, PGA, Players....and randomly Phoenix all along. Dunno.

1706339799886.png

DK has had these odds fpr Scottsdale since November and I have no clue how that works for an event where some of these guys won't play. Just bizarre. They've had odds for the Masters, PGA, Players....and randomly Phoenix all along. Dunno.

View attachment 81104
That's weird.

Without being elevated this year, the field will be down.

Bummer, because this was so tremendous last year.

I'm guessing they are happy enough to have money being held for the event, much like the promos books offer 6 months away. Marketing.

Reactions: KJ
That's weird.

Without being elevated this year, the field will be down.

Bummer, because this was so tremendous last year.

I'm guessing they are happy enough to have money being held for the event, much like the promos books offer 6 months away. Marketing.
Thing is anyone who is actually wagering in advance on golf has known it's not elevated for months. Great lines for the elite that will actually play.

1-1 Rd. 3, -.5u. 2-1 for the tourney. Even due to some longshots that are still open with Keegan & List but those are all but dead.

That approach by Detry on 18th was brutal. Oh well, what do you do. Based on over/under lines looks like much will change from Rd.3- good weather, super thick rough and the infamous SC, expect another round of struggles with a few outliers that move up the leaderboard. Winner has come back from 5-6 behind in previous two years..

Rd.4 plays-
Detry -114 v. Pendrith 3u
Montgomery +114 v. Hojgaard 3u

Long shots, .75u each:
Ravens ML / SF -3 / SC(CBB) ML / NW (CBB) ML / Nuggets ML / Jaeger +330
Ravens ML / SF -3 / SC(CBB) ML / NW (CBB) ML / Nuggets ML / Detry +1400
Ravens ML / SF -3 / SC(CBB) ML / NW (CBB) ML / Nuggets ML / Montgomery +1800

Farmers Final Round

1.65u
Golf - Fed-Ex Events - Stephan Jaeger / Nicolai Hojgaard vs The Field - Money Line | 6986 The Field -165 for GAME

...back to the well of fading leaders in round 4, especially with this course volatility.

Rd 4 matchups
1u each

Tosti -0.5 Bramlett +108
Hisatsune -0.5 T Moore +106
Lowry -0.5 Rai +103

Congrats to the Frenchmen, I guess... 0-5 Rd.4. 2-7 for the tourney, including longshot parlays. -8.25u for the week. Onto the next.

GL on your Championship plays.

Feeling a little frisky for this tourney, let's see if I can keep it going or will I give it all back?

Day -135 over Cole
English -135 over Lowry
Xander -130 over Cantlay
Finau -125 over Aberg

Top 10s:
Keegan +300
Day +225
Finau +250
English +450
Sahith +400
3-1 on matchups, moving to 13-2 on the season. Finau was the only top 10 to hit, I'm going to stay from those from now on lol

Ground out a little over a unit at the Farmers, no thanks to Deki putting a 1 on his card.

Pebble Beach

2u
Hole in One -- No +118

0.5u each

Rd1 Six Shooters

Hovland +425 ov Rory; Scottie; Cant;ay; Speith; JT

Hojgaard +450 ov Aberg; Hun An; Burns; Fleetwood; Day

Sungjae +550 ov Homa; Xander; Morikawa; Fitz; Finau

1u each

Pebble Beach Top 5 after Rd1 (ties paid in full) --- Sam Ryder +700
Spyglass Hill Top 5 after Rd1 (ties paid in full) --- Tomas Detry +600

Rd1 Matchups...fading players that are paired with an amateur sporting a 16+ handicap

Hardy -0.5 Svensson +120
Burns -0.5 Young -110
Kitayama -0.5 McNealy -103
Finau -0.5 Fitz +105
Kirk -0.5 Harman +108
List -0.5 Griffin +104

Swing it easy fellas.

Back