2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

3-0 rd.2, +10.8u, +7u for the tourney.

Volunteered behind the scenes yesterday but managed to get close view of a few players and followed for a while- Scott, Hadwin, Jeager, Harman, Aberg, Bhatia, Willie Zed, Day. It’s amazing watching these guys swing, so effortless

Have access but not attending today, long day yesterday and another tomorrow. Looking to enjoy coverage from home.

Rd.3

Finau under 70.5 -140 6u (FD)
Bradley under 71.5 -150 6u (FD)
Cantlay under 69.5 +110 3u (FD)
Henley under 70.5 -125 3u (FD)

GL today fellas

IMG_9198.jpegIMG_9185.jpeg

Last edited:
Wind big factor today, forecast was showing 9-12mph this morning but its been much higher, many are struggling now..

Add- Bradley under 71.5 +115 5u (DK)

3-2 rd.3, +3.1u, +10.1u for tourney. Will be onsite again tomorrow, bright and early. High of low 80’s, peaking around 2-4pm. Biggest thing is moderate wind expected, 6-9mph.

Rd.4 plays so far, all FD

Dunlap top 10(ties paid) +185 3u
Pendrith top 10(ties paid) +105 3u

Bradley under 72.5 -115 9u
Scott under 71.5 +105 9u

Think the book is smoking crack with these lines, worse case is a push imo, going large. Either a big grin or a lot of quiet time on my 1hr drive home tomorrow

GL boys

Those lines on Bradley and Scott are really surprising, love your plays GL.
Thx Doc, good W for you yesterday.

Hope I’m right, line hasn’t changed much and they’re big bets for me today so a little nervous..

GL on your plays today

Thx Doc, good W for you yesterday.

Hope I’m right, line hasn’t changed much and they’re big bets for me today so a little nervous..

GL on your plays today
Thanks kind of hoping Wyndham makes a run today. Can you remind me which book offers the player over unders? I was just looking at all mine, and can't find any available.

And if I don’t already have enough riding today, Leggo New England!

Attachments

• IMG_9202.jpeg
    IMG_9202.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 3
BMW recap- 1-4 Rd. 4, -10.2u, pretty much even for the tourney, posted plays. Did hit a big parlay with Keegan taking the dub but not counting it towards record.

Overall, I think Colorado did a great job of hosting the BMW and hopefully it leads to more events in the near future.

As a volunteer- Surprisingly it was pretty tiring the days I worked. I came home both days and crashed after dinner. I didn't have the best job as some others did but did get a close view of the players. Very tough to follow groups as the crowds were just insane, in a sense it's better to watch on TV as you get the best of all action but being there live, watching/seeing how they play, pre-shot, interaction with crowd, intensity is something else. Not sure I'd do it again unless a better position, being closer to the players is guaranteed.

Course played a lot tougher than I thought it would for round 4. Pendrith and Dunlap shitting the bed didn't help and Scott should've played a lot better in a final round.

Looking forward to East Lake and crushing the book this coming week.

BMW recap- 1-4 Rd. 4, -10.2u, pretty much even for the tourney, posted plays. Did hit a big parlay with Keegan taking the dub but not counting it towards record.

Overall, I think Colorado did a great job of hosting the BMW and hopefully it leads to more events in the near future.

As a volunteer- Surprisingly it was pretty tiring the days I worked. I came home both days and crashed after dinner. I didn't have the best job as some others did but did get a close view of the players. Very tough to follow groups as the crowds were just insane, in a sense it's better to watch on TV as you get the best of all action but being there live, watching/seeing how they play, pre-shot, interaction with crowd, intensity is something else. Not sure I'd do it again unless a better position, being closer to the players is guaranteed.

Course played a lot tougher than I thought it would for round 4. Pendrith and Dunlap shitting the bed didn't help and Scott should've played a lot better in a final round.

I have never watched a tournament where the players had so much difficulty gauging distances! This after practice rounds and 4 rounds in tournament. The combination of the wind, altitude and specific elevation on holes was extremely difficult. The number of short iron shots that went awry was absolutely amazing. Greens were very tough once they started drying out and getting crispier. The rough turned out to be very penal, and guys could just not get any check on their shots out of there. The wind in Round 4 seemed to be more of a factor than I thought originally. I felt bad for Harman db 18, and finish 31st just brutal. Justin Thomas battled his way back with good Round 4 to finish 30th. Look forward to East Lake.

The volunteers for the Phx Open that I know hang out in a trailer with a fridge full of beer for half the day. Pretty cool knowing them as opposed to paying $8 for a beer...just go to the volley trailer!

Love the course. Castle Pines and Broadmoor should both be heavily considered for pro events.

I have never watched a tournament where the players had so much difficulty gauging distances! This after practice rounds and 4 rounds in tournament. The combination of the wind, altitude and specific elevation on holes was extremely difficult. The number of short iron shots that went awry was absolutely amazing. Greens were very tough once they started drying out and getting crispier. The rough turned out to be very penal, and guys could just not get any check on their shots out of there. The wind in Round 4 seemed to be more of a factor than I thought originally. I felt bad for Harman db 18, and finish 31st just brutal. Justin Thomas battled his way back with good Round 4 to finish 30th. Look forward to East Lake.
Spot on assessment Doc.

Best part of this is how scrambled these guys' brains have to be heading into the Tour Championship. Can't imagine a better set up than coming off a tournament where players are questioning everything they know about golf!

Why is the Championship at East Lake all the time?

It's more boring than the John Deere. Move it around.

SS back is hurt? I heard that. Maybe true. Probably not.
Wouldn’t surprise me, think media asked him about rd.1 or 2 of BMW, due to a reaction he made after a shot, only to have him brush it off. Like any pro sport, injuries are real and lingering after a long season.

Starting at the top but don’t think he’ll win the cup, personally I think.

Tight lines for FedEx cup, or at least not much that sticks out. Par 71, with changes to course. I think there will be several that shoot 68 or better tomorrow, just need to decide which ones to put faith/money in.

Rd.1 play(s)-

Rd.1 only, Rors +120 v. Scheffler (starting strokes not counted), 4u at FD. Rors historically starts slow but I feel this is a tourney he can win, not the best form coming in but he's due to make a solid run.

Theegala under 69.5 -135 4u(DK)

Last edited:
Tight lines for FedEx cup, or at least not much that sticks out. Par 71, with changes to course. I think there will be several that shoot 68 or better tomorrow, just need to decide which ones to put faith/money in.

Rd.1 play(s)-

Rd.1 only, Rors +120 v. Scheffler (starting strokes not counted), 4u at FD. Rors historically starts slow but I feel this is a tourney he can win, not the best form coming in but he's due to make a solid run.

Theegala under 69.5 -135 4u(DK)
If last week is worth anything Scottie was all about talking to himself. Never know with pros how that carries over week to week. Could be he just couldn't adjust for altitude/dry air and he moves on like it was a one-off but he clearly wasn't comfortable.

If last week is worth anything Scottie was all about talking to himself. Never know with pros how that carries over week to week. Could be he just couldn't adjust for altitude/dry air and he moves on like it was a one-off but he clearly wasn't comfortable.
For sure, never know what clicks or worsens week to week. Agree last week was a warm up for Scottie. Bet is w/out strokes, just think Rors “would” and could close that 6 stroke gap from the get go. Books obviously don’t think so at +120 but I think it’s a good possibility

Tournament ML no hdcp included
Hovland +1545 .5*
McIlroy +1027 .5*
X +496 .5*

Tournament Matchups no hdcp included
Cantlay -121 vs. Im 1*
McIlroy -143 vs. Morikawa 1*
Hovland -127 vs. Aberg 1*

BOL fellas!

Last edited:
2.0 rd.3, +6.7u, 4-2 +7.8 for tourney.

Sahith calling a penalty on himself, 2 strokes was worrisome but still came in. Love the integrity though.

Tall ask for Morikawa to sniff a dub, especially with final pairing track record. Thought yesterdays final pairing was meh, hoping for a competitive round with some fireworks.

Rd.4 plays, all DK
Burns under 68.5 -120 5u
Morikawa under 68.5 -145 5u

Morikawa +110 v Scheffler/ Yankees / Orioles +365 2u

Tour Championship recap: 1-2 Rd.4, 5-4 total for tourney, +3.2u. Could've been a huge day but the Yanks decided to get blown out as a -180 fav. Congrats to Scheffler to finally get a Fed-Ex cup, well deserved after a record setting year.

It's been a fun, long season but with football here and core of PGA season pretty much over, I'm going to close out the year. It's been fun and very profitable but like many of you, switching gears and concentrating on other sports. I can only wish my football season will be anywhere close to my 23-24 golf season. Hope you guys did well in total.

Jan +13.55u
Feb -8.5u
Mar +26.95u
April -7u
May -11.2u
June +53.27u
July (less 3M) -26.5u
August (including 3M) +37u

23-24 golf, posted plays: +77.5u

See you in 2025

Back