2024 Golf Discussion - Playoff Time -- East Lake

Yep!

Thanks for getting this started.

Sentry a bit different this year with BOTH last years champions and top 50.

Rory missing as he usually does to start season in middle east.

Obviously no defending champ as well .

The thing here to me -- find guys that have been active the last month that won't be as rusty.

Check equipment changes as well.

Excited for the new season. Did fairly well on individual round scores last fall, problem was finding them. A few plays stick out that I'll likely be on:

Hovland top Continental European +110 (DK) over Aberg, Straka, Normann
Morikawa top 5 +250 (ties paid in full, MGM)

GL this year Gents-

Sentry1.PNG

Love this tournament and glad it has become a more premier event. One of my favorite capping angles here is that there is a correlation between success here and success at Augusta due to the severe sidehill lies you get in the fairways. Of course, when you are talking about the winners and top 50 from last year, probably going to be a lot of guys that play well at the Masters that are here. I'm going to try to be around more for the golf this year. Last year was probably the least I've followed in my adult life, not really sure why. Good luck everyone!

Whack-fuck 2024 begins:

8u
Will there be a hole in one--No -400
...every one of my outs is north of -600 on the 'no' ace prop, but BOL hung -400 and my new years resolution is to not be scared off value due to price. Plus, digging myself a hole on the first tourney of the season gives me a goal to work towards

Tourney matchup

2.66u
Riley -1.5 ov Camillo Vegas -133
...Camillo seems to know he doesn't quite belong in a field like this and usually plays accordingly

Round 1 matchup

1.10u
Xander ov Morikawa -105
...better chance of X having the flat stick working early

Round 1 Top 5

0.5u
Eric Cole +800
...my kingdom for a book without dead heat rules for golf

Swing it easy boys. GL.

Here's how I'm kicking off the 2024 season:

Xander to win +1800
Xander top 5 +250
Jason Day top 10 +300

Spieth -135 over Kim
JDay -105 over Keegan
Xander EV over Cantlay

Whack-fuck 2024 begins:

8u
Will there be a hole in one--No -400
...every one of my outs is north of -600 on the 'no' ace prop, but BOL hung -400 and my new years resolution is to not be scared off value due to price. Plus, digging myself a hole on the first tourney of the season gives me a goal to work towards

Tourney matchup

2.66u
...Camillo seems to know he doesn't quite belong in a field like this and usually plays accordingly

Round 1 matchup

1.10u
Xander ov Morikawa -105
...better chance of X having the flat stick working early

Round 1 Top 5

0.5u
Eric Cole +800
...my kingdom for a book without dead heat rules for golf

Swing it easy boys. GL.
I'll tail you on the NO prop @betonline -400

Single round over/under plays are juicy, for good reason. Not a fan of Burns form, he can make birdies but also prone to bogey mistakes, so hopefully this is the right play.

Rd.2 add- Burns over 68.5 -110 2u

This back 9 seems without any wind is just too easy for any decent golfer. No wind expected this weekend, either.

Riley finding one blowup hole a round so far.

18 playing extremely easy.

Only player to make over a 5 today -- Tom Hoge
The shot he tried from the hazard was nuts. Much better chance at par if he'd taken the penalty the first time. But, I guess with how many birdies are out there, have to figure he'll be able to get those strokes back over the next 2 rounds

Been a great tourney so far. Man I miss the islands..2-1 yesterday, 4-1 so far.

Rd.3 play, Homa over 67.5 +115 1.5u

GL on all your cross sport plays today.

In other news, Brad Faxon has been coaching the Panthers

1704558929802.png

Attachments

• 1704558807022.png
    1704558807022.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 1
Let’s go X!
All I could ask for in the first tourney was a chance going into Sunday. Thing I hate about these birdie-fests is that someone can be firmly in the top 10 or 5, but one bogey or a couple birdies by someone else and they fall to like T-14

All I could ask for in the first tourney was a chance going into Sunday. Thing I hate about these birdie-fests is that someone can be firmly in the top 10 or 5, but one bogey or a couple birdies by someone else and they fall to like T-14

Exactly. You almost hope for some winds and the holes to be tucked away and as challenging as possible today for someone like X to navigate versus having to post a -10.

Was it windy yesterday? Didn’t get to watch but saw 10+ players shoot over par, vs zero round 2.

Suppose to be calm all day today, 3-6 mph throughout. Sunday pin placement might be the equalizer but looking at last years results, there were still some good scores to be had.

GL on X, definitely on the radar for the dub.

Rd.4 plays

Spieth under 68.5 -115 4u

Last edited:
Exactly. You almost hope for some winds and the holes to be tucked away and as challenging as possible today for someone like X to navigate versus having to post a -10.
Brutal final round for my bets so far. Need Xander and Day to come home in style to salvage some of them

What happened to evening golf? After the 4 pm games I thought I'd see how the final round is progressing figuring they'd just be starting the back nine but they're on the last hole already? What the hell is Monahan doing?

What happened to evening golf? After the 4 pm games I thought I'd see how the final round is progressing figuring they'd just be starting the back nine but they're on the last hole already? What the hell is Monahan doing?
I was wondering the same thing.

Here's how I'm kicking off the 2024 season:

Xander to win +1800
Xander top 5 +250
Jason Day top 10 +300

Spieth -135 over Kim
JDay -105 over Keegan
Xander EV over Cantlay
3-0 on matchups, Jason Day finishes in the top 10. Was in the running for a really nice start to the season, but I will take it. Xander getting the eagle on 18 secured his matchup over Cantlay. Onto Sony

Great win for Kirk. Hard to not root for a guy that fought through alcoholism. It's a disease and for him to overcome it and win twice in the past two seasons, at this level is just amazing. That approach on 17th was clutch.

7-1, +13.8u for Sentry:breakdance:

Ludvig is the favorite to win the Sony? Has he ever played it? I know he's really good and a lot of standard thoughts don't apply to him, but being the favorite here seems a stretch

Back