2024 Free Agency and Trades Discussion

Bills released Poyer today. Yesterday they traded OL Bates to the Bears, and it looks like they’re also releasing starting C for the past 5 years in Mitch Morse.

That OL is getting thinner and that is NOT a good thing when their line has been one of the strengths of this team in recent years.

They also released WR Harty, who they just signed last off season.

They are going to have to really work to not regress this upcoming season…mostly because their cap is a mess and they’re making these moves to try and make it make even the slightest bit of sense.

Tre White, Siran Neal, and Nyheim Hines also released by the Bills.

White’s release will be a post June 1st release.

They were dead last in terms of cap space heading into making these moves (including reduced salaries for Von Miller and Rasul Douglas). When White is released, they will have netted 47 million in salary reduction…and will STILL be a little more than 1 million over the cap.

Tre White, Siran Neal, and Nyheim Hines also released by the Bills.

White’s release will be a post June 1st release.

They were dead last in terms of cap space heading into making these moves (including reduced salaries for Von Miller and Rasul Douglas). When White is released, they will have netted 47 million in salary reduction…and will STILL be a little more than 1 million over the cap.

I really like all these moves by the BILLS except the trade of versatile OL Ryan Bates .

Poyer and Hyde are too old now, maybe one of the them comes back on a discount but I wouldn't be shocked if both retired. Especially Hyde with all the neck injuries.

Tre White was never the same after his last injury , probably wouldn't have made it back until December of next season anyways.. Bills are seemingly deep at CB

Morse has told several people in the area that he was contemplated retirement as the concussions keep occurring ...Apparently McGovern is expected to move to C, with recently resigned Edwards at G ..

Neal and Harty are easily replaceable....Harty made one play all season ( albeit a critical punt return in the finale ) .

Respect Beane making the decisions on getting younger.
Extremely happy they brought back Rapp. Should have $8-20 Million when Allen restructures ...Don't think they're make a splashy move in FA but clearly OL depth and DT should be the focus ...

Loaded up with 11 picks

Wonder if Russ is still eating nine times a day

Russell Wilson's Daily Meal Plan​

Pre-breakfast: Tablespoon of almond butter and a tablespoon of jam
Breakfast: Two cups of cooked oatmeal, six whole eggs, fruit, chicken breast
Snack 1: Fruit and 12 almonds
Lunch: Eight ounces of protein with a yam or a cup of rice or a potato and a vegetable
Second lunch: Eight ounces of protein with a yam or a cup of rice or a potato and a vegetable
Snack 2: Fruit and 12 almonds
Snack 3: Fruit, 12 almonds and whey protein
Dinner: Fish or steak and vegetables or salad
Snack 4: Fruit and a tablespoon of molasses or shredded wheat, applesauce, almond butter and jam

Great deal for Steelers. Russ took a ton of shit, rightfully but hes a BIG upgrade over Pickett for league minimum. Steal steal steal

Swift has had two very good OL groups.

Swift is injury prone.

Miss out of Barkley.

Not great Bob.
Disagree to an extent here. Saquon is also more injury prone and could of been asking for $12M per and I wouldn't want that. Bears always indexed to a better run OL and if they land Cushenberry it will set them up extremely well. Swift with Herbert and Johnson is a great setup. Love it

Disagree to an extent here. Saquon is also more injury prone and could of been asking for $12M per and I wouldn't want that. Bears always indexed to a better run OL and if they land Cushenberry it will set them up extremely well. Swift with Herbert and Johnson is a great setup. Love it

I'm not going to disagree about Saquon but this Swift deal is nothing to be excited about.

Overpaid.

He's already maxed out his potential.

Injury prone.

And again, he'll be playing behind the 3rd best line of his career, no matter signings.

I can't get on board for that amount of money.

I like Swift, but one year shorter and less yearly.

Talent is talent. $8MM per and realistically can cut after year 2 is a good get. The Bears are a bottom team for the reason, adding talent helps. But, they are missing out on the other positions they really really need.

Swift in a vacuum is fair to criticize but I was hoping for a more complete FA class coming to Chicago. Time will tell but no Wilkins or Cush now has me annoyed.

Muddies the waters a bit on Fields. I think a team will steal him for a 3rd.
I never understood why people thought he was going to ATL.

Cousins was the natural fit.

We'd be talking Fields QB1 if y'all had stuck with the 2022 offense from G1 till the finish last year.

Absolutely wasted half a season with him.

I never understood why people thought he was going to ATL.

Cousins was the natural fit.

We'd be talking Fields QB1 if y'all had stuck with the 2022 offense from G1 till the finish last year.

Absolutely wasted half a season with him.
Some dialogue around if they won 2-3 games they choked on they would of been a playoff team... what would narrative be?

Some dialogue around if they won 2-3 games they choked on they would of been a playoff team... what would narrative be?
Much different.

I felt like they intentionally sabotaged themselves to start last year.

Anyone outside of Chicago knew they were doing it wrong on offense.

Back