2018 NBA Free Agency and other Player Movement

disappointed-kid.gif

Bamba

Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said this week he only intends to make “small tweaks” to the roster over the summer. Don’t take him at his word.
Boston is looking to move up in the draft in pursuit of Texas center Mo Bamba, according to Sean Deveney of the Sporting News. Bamba, who stands at 6-foot-11 and has a wingspan of 7-10, is projected to go as high as No. 3 to the Hawks. The Magic, who are picking at No. 6, are also reportedly interested in the potential game-changing center.
Bamba, 20, averaged 12.9 points and 10.5 rebounds per game during his freshman season. He would provide the Celtics with a legitimate inside presence, which they lack.
The Celtics have a number of assets they could deal in an effort to move up the draft board. In addition to the No. 27 overall pick, they could include the Kings’ 2019 first-round pick (protected for No. 1 overall) or the Grizzlies’ 2019 first-round selection (top-eight protected).
With Kyrie Irving coming back next season, Terry Rozier could be expendable, too. The third-year guard came into his own this postseason, averaging 16.5 points, 5.7 assists and 5.3 rebounds per game.
The Grizzlies (No. 4) and Mavericks (No. 5) appear to be logical trade partners for the Celtics if they want to strike a deal. But both teams have point guards –– Mike Conley in Memphis and Dennis Smith Jr. in Dallas –– so Ainge may have to dangle Jaylen Brown in order to complete a trade. That would be a much bigger sacrifice than Rozier, even with Gordon Hayward returning. Brown led the Celtics in scoring this postseason (18 points per game) and showed he can be a legitimate go-to player on the offensive end.
On the surface, it doesn’t look like the Celtics have to do anything to change their roster. But that’s not Ainge’s MO. History tells us they’ll likely once again be at the center of trade discussions through the NBA Draft.

Detroit pretty much stuck right now. They got Sixers and Celtics that more talented than them, more flexible than them and Detroit doesn't want to do another rebuild. I think they were wrong to let Van Gundy go... They need to become a team that can hang around 4 - 8th seeds in the East - which is usually a very place to be in, but that allows them, with some lucky draft or something, to move up a notch...

Problem Divol is they do stupid shit like trade a draft pick in the Blake Griffin deal.

Stan had to go. Awful coach. Refused to use his young players that were better than what he put on the floor at times -- for instance.

Sounds like James and George to LAL is damn near a done deal

Obv nothing is ever complete in the league til it's complete but I'm convinced

Yeah I haven’t seen that , but for the Rockets to get him they would have to gut that team

Woj reported that the PG/LBJ meeting was basically happening, Big Lead reported that 4 entertainment insiders are saying LBJ is LA bound assuming PG is on board. Makes sense really

Woj reported that the PG/LBJ meeting was basically happening, Big Lead reported that 4 entertainment insiders are saying LBJ is LA bound assuming PG is on board. Makes sense really
There hasn't been one WOJ tweet about it as far back as I looked (May 15th). He said elsewhere that they would 'have to have that conversation'... so take it fwiw...

As far as entertainment insiders.... I'll take Gruv as a source before that.

Now, there is no doubt this is a high possibility but it is not like something has 'broke' out of nowhere. Hence the confusion by a few of us...

Those odds were from yesterday, Cowturd reported all of this a couple hours ago and sited those two sources...highly doubt he woulda said anything without feeling comfortable about it

Those odds were from yesterday, Cowturd reported all of this a couple hours ago and sited those two sources...highly doubt he woulda said anything without feeling comfortable about it
Or, they need something to talk about.

I doubt something started 'cooking' in the last day or so...

Update, Philly still 7-2.... Lakers 14-1 now...

Rockets have dropped a bit.

Obviously you would think there are 3 places (Philly, LA or CLE).

Freezing cold takes did a montage recently of all the places Cowherd predicts Lebron will go and there have been like 7 teams over the past year

I’m skeptical on anyone saying they know where Lebron is going given his past

Yeah I don't generally trust him as far as I can throw him but this was a couple texts on air, he's usually not wrong with his insider stuff

I don't really care where Lebron goes, he's not catching the Dubs...LA just seems to make sense

If Klay signs an extension with the Dubs this summer he's leaving 86 milly on the table.

That's a massive discount to give a billionaire owner.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

That big lead guy has no sources and the worst nba takes

Cowherd throws shit at the wall more than skip

He can't talk football till late july, its hot take season

Lakers don’t have enough class to beat wRriors with lebron and George.

They would need to recruit both Leonard Khawi and Harden James.

Need a big 4 to match warriors big 4 of

Curry Durant Thompson and Livingston

Onky teams that can win it all might be

Pelicans. Davis and lebron?

Celtics? But he won’t follow Kyrie

Rockets. Maybe but harden isn’t clutch

If lebron heads out to Lakers it’s because of business reasons and opportunities not Basketball.

Let’s face the truth guys. Lebron legacy is great but will be one of a Jim Kelly esque. He made the finals but lost so many times.
He was awesome but faced really great teams in finals.

He is going to Lakers to focus on business after he retires at 35 years of age.

Plus I heard the LAKERS STADIUM is old and requires renovations.

I can't wait to see some of the off season moves that happen. Always interesting to see the new teams form.

If Klay signs an extension with the Dubs this summer he's leaving 86 milly on the table.

That's a massive discount to give a billionaire owner.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

I wonder how its policed, but ive always wondered why sponsors dont make up the difference more

Like if klay signed that deal and then suddenly one of Larry's buddys who owns cisco or something throws klay a sponsorship

Honestly, him on the Clippers with another piece would be a better fit than the Lakers... Maybe.

I wonder how its policed, but ive always wondered why sponsors dont make up the difference more

Like if klay signed that deal and then suddenly one of Larry's buddys who owns cisco or something throws klay a sponsorship

The move to San Fran gonna help, bigger state of the art arena and a wine and cheese crowd will pay some of the bills.

Would expect Klay to get sponsor top-ups in some way or another. His China kick-backs will also assist.

Really hope, he chooses the Clips, if he wants to go to LA...
Unless Kobe comes back from retirement, to lead the Lakers, they can't win the ship with loser like Bron and he will again start with his games, like he did in Cleveland...
Won't be surprised if he insists bringing in Tristan, JR, Korver and Love...
Rather he ruins the Clips instead...

Back