2018 NBA Free Agency and other Player Movement

For a team that will just "be in the middle" it really isn't bad. Until this clown hopefully sells the team they are stuck in mediocrity. Stan really messed things up bad as well.

another retread

BAW is right, until ownership is shipped out...it'll be Fennis Marx Dembo middle of the road, going nowhere for a while in Motown

I wonder if casey goes back to how he likss to play vs the new style masai basically forced him to switch too

Either way they have a competent coach who will stumble if he gets them to the playoffs

They badly need to bottom out though, which unless you move blake, youre waiting 2 or 3 years for him to break down

Also #freekennard

He should, it will cement just how great Kobe was there. And I couldn't stand him....but go for the throat

The smart players gonna wait until the league secures that 'gambling' bag which will increase the cap a ton.

2019/20 gonna be crazy.

Other than the dubs who don't seem to give a rip about the luxury tax...heard they grossed 100m in home playoff games this year lol

Lakers +1600 to win the Finals next season, they really think this team is getting Cramps.

5th in line to win the 'ship based on the books.

Lulz.

And he won't be going there alone...be great if Cleveland did a sign n trade for Lonzo and ship LaVar there too

I don’t buy all this Lebron to the Lakers talk. He just got done getting waxed by the Warriors, even if LA signs him and PG, they obviously let Randle go, and most likely KCP, and a core of LBJ, George, Lonzo, Kuzma, and Ingram is no where close to competing for titles. Not to mention who knows if LA even keeps both Lonzo and Kuzma now after this diss track was put out or would have to trade some of these parts to get Lebron. Lebron already has kids, he don’t want to babysit that bs.

I’d love to see him go to New Orleans. Team up w AD, Holiday, Rondo, Mirotic, obv they couldn’t keep Boogie, but that would be interesting. Don’t buy the Rockets or Celts rumors either. Only way he ends up in Boston is if they move Kyrie, which I guess is possibly, but unlikely. Houston is a bit more likely bc LBJ, Harden, CP3 could definitely contend but they’d most likely have to give up all their depth unless someone wants to do them the favor of taking Ryan Anderson off their hands. They still gotta pay CP3 and Capela so financially it’s difficult.

Most likely he stays in clev or is gonna have to go get paid but not try to win titles if it’s LA. Philly in the east is his best option if he leaves clev imo.

Rumors circulating that Memphis might be looking to move their no 4 pick along w Chandler Parson’s god awful contract. If Doncic is still there at 4 that will garner a good amount of interest. Even if he’s gone and Bamba, Jackson, or Bagley are available that’s a nice trade chip. Knicks could be interested in moving their 9 pick and either their 36 and or players to move up.

Last edited:
Well obviously this Kawhi news changes everything. Question is what will lakers have to give up? If I’m the spurs I have zero interest in Lonzo and all that drama his daddy brings. It starts w Ingram, Kuzma, and picks. Unless you want to go sign and trade route and take back Randle in that package.

Obviously Celts would be the best trading partner , but would Celts do it with no guarantees he would resign ?

I doubt it. I mean only if they are certain Kyrie is gone after next year anyways, and if I’m SA as great as Kyrie is, he is injury prone, I’d center my asking around Tatum and Brown.

The Kawhi trade to LAL would be fun to see Lonzo and Lavar traded to San Antonio. That would be pretty awesome.

My bad. Fake news.

Saw it on Twatter but upon further inspection it was dated back in 2011, some asshole retweeted it.

If I'm Boston, I'm trying to trade Hayward for Kawhi and give up what else is needed to get him. Boston can give Spurs what they want and Kawhi will turn them in to very heavy contenders for the title next season...
Doubt Stevens will want to give up Hayward though...

If PG13 stays somehow, it can actually be a nice team - after a season of playing together, under their belt...

Back