2017 Trade Deadline and Summer Thread...News/Rumors etc

I own both Beverly and Eric Gordon in fantasy....not a fan of this move for selfish reasons but a good move for both teams.

Lakers desperately need to make sure they keep their first rounder this year (top 3 protected) and then draft Lonzo Ball.

helluva player, one ugly dude

Local beat writers for Raps suggest they should sign Matt Barnes.
Interesting...if he's coming off the bench that could add a bit of spice
I think that would be a nice pickup. He's actually playing well, hustles, and gives you a little toughness. Not an expiring contract though, still is due $6 million next year but in today's salary that's not too bad.

I love j wall but I think big ern has done him no favors building that squad

Gotta go 7 deep in the playoffs and be able to exploit matchups, they can't do either

They're one of the top 3 themselves.

Right now in the standings but I don't think the standings necessarily represent the teams in order

Raps behind them have a better point differential and have been unlucky in games decided under 5 points which are better predictors of future success, for record in games won under 5 points teams generally regress to a mean. Not repeatable skill

Celtics even without a deal can throw too many bodies at the wiz in a playoff series

The nets dropped the price for brook. Pacers, pistons and jazz are showing interest

Why would Utah be interested with Gobert on the roster or for that matter the Pistons w/ Drummond ?

Cousins deal effectively dropped the price for Lopez, might as well hand on to your best asset considering you won't be in the lottery for the next 2 drafts.

Why would Utah be interested with Gobert on the roster or for that matter the Pistons w/ Drummond ?

Cousins deal effectively dropped the price for Lopez, might as well hand on to your best asset considering you won't be in the lottery for the next 2 drafts.

Jazz want him n gobert n play big ball

Interesting ,had magic been in charge on Sunday seems lakers would have given Ingram and landed cousins

Magic will set the Lakers way back like when he suited up with van exel n giggly lynch

I mean, just draft lonzo, monk, or the mf'er

Sign boogie in summer 2018
Sign PG-13 at the same time

Boogie
Ingram
George
Lonzo/monk/Fultz
Russell

Randle and Clarkson on the bench

You're welcome magic

I mean, just draft lonzo, monk, or the mf'er

Sign boogie in summer 2018
Sign PG-13 at the same time

Boogie
Ingram
George
Lonzo/monk/Fultz
Russell

Randle and Clarkson on the bench

You're welcome magic

Sign boogie????
He is a piece of shit
No one likes to play with a p o s

You guys can't see a joke? )
I'm a big Casspi fan because he is Israeli and because I like his type of player, but obviously he is a fringe NBA player at best... It's funny how you all thought I was serious just because I'm an Israeli (and says something about you all, but nvm).
I do think from Casspi point of view, it's a great trade. He was getting killed in Kings rotation, after great year last season and it's a contract year for him.
It's also known that Gentry is Casspi fan and Casspi thrives in NOP type of basketball.
On top of that, he is one of the closest Cousins friends in the league, so there is a good chance NOP will try to keep him this summer, hoping to sign Boogie in 2018.
NOP made a great deal first of all, because they really hardly gave anything up for a chance to see how the two stars play together for the next 1.5 seasons before deciding anything about Boogies' future in NO.

Kings made very dumb deal imo. Divac lost face, after saying many times he won't trade Cousins and not many will trust him after that. They hardly got back anyhing for Boogie and I'm sure if they would have waited a bit longer, closer to deadline, more teams would have gotten desperate enough to offer something better (Celtics could offer one of Nets picks for example). Divac himself admitted he gotten better offers before that, but said it was the best offer at the moment of the trade.
I honestly don't see where Kings go after that... They got terrible organization, no one to build the team around and lots of problems... Unless WCS suddenly will resemble KAT or something...

I also really like the trade for the Lakers, the Rockets and the players. Lakers don't need Lu Will and Brewer is a nice player that can be in the end of the rotation. Lakers need to hold on to the 2017 draft pick and they got a bit closer to that goal. Rockets add another shooter and that's always good come playoffs time...

Utah wants to get rid of favors. Gobert and brook could work nicely imo

Nice move by the Lakers getting back a 1 for Lou.

He's been their entire offense for long stretches this year, sneaky side effect here is that they get a lot worse without him. Helps them set up for a tank to keep their top 3 pick (it's Philly's otherwise).

Utah interested in moving Favors since him and Gobert together have provided mixed results. They're going to try and pay Hill and Heyward, Favors the odd man out. Definitely a very appealing trade target, Melo for Favors has always made a ton of sense to me but is obviously a dream world scenario with Melo's no trade clause.

I just happened to read that for some off reason in last two days.
Sorry, I was in twinkie world for a minute.
i don't think Magic is a good choice to oversee basketball operations of a team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nets are sending Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough to the Wizards for Andrew Nicholson and a 2017 first-round pick, sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/834507803050000384">February 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lottery protection on the 2017 first-round pick going from Wizards to Nets. So Nets will get it this year. <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA">@WojVerticalNBA</a> first with trade.</p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/834510240091688961">February 22, 2017</a></blockquote>

Hiring Magic is a dumb panic move. Agree with that greaseball from Miami.

Hired on charm, nothing more.

I think Magic is more a "figurehead" someone to help with pr, same reason dodgers brought him aboard a couple years back under new ownership.

I'm not sure the Laker brand is as bad as the Dodger brand was years , but it is pretty bad

He is a legend in LA. He could potentially help with free agents, jerry west son and whatever that new gm"s name is are going be the brains behind the operation.

I think Jeannie views Magic as someone who can play the Dr Buss role

Surprised we haven't seen a bunch of trades today. Would think they'd want to get stuff done before games come back. Maybe tomorrow?

Surprised we haven't seen a bunch of trades today. Would think they'd want to get stuff done before games come back. Maybe tomorrow?

I'm thinking the same way you are, seems to make sense to get the trades done before they get back to the games...but what do we know? They're going to have to be tomorrow as the deadline is at 3pm. I understand why some teams prefer to wait until the last minute, as they may get more return on their trades, but if you have a trade you're comfortable with, there's not much reason to wait until a few hours before the deadline.

Most teams wait till the last few hours. It is actually much more structured now that there is a 6 day break. They used to be back to games already and that would complicate things more on trade deadline day.

Shit, many years ago the deadline was midnight...Guys were getting pulled from games right in the middle of them...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/834560029189615617">February 23, 2017</a></blockquote>

I actually like Lakers hiring Magic. There isn't a formula on how to do things right. Rockets have math guy as a GM, Pistons hired Van Gundy as their main guy and he still struggles... GSW hired former agent as their GM and hit the jack pot and now Lakers trying to do the same.
I would think that having Magic in meetings where they try to sign free agents, can have some meaning for some players. I also think that he is pretty good business man and can add a bit magic to Lakers franchise.
We should wait and see how he does things... His first move getting that Rockets pick was a good move anyway...

Hard to make any early plays for tomorrow, could see 6 teams from tomorrow's card potentially making some moves.

Figure the Cavs will move Shumpert, Rockets still not done, Nuggets, Knicks as well, Pistons looking to unload Reggie.

I actually like Lakers hiring Magic. There isn't a formula on how to do things right. Rockets have math guy as a GM, Pistons hired Van Gundy as their main guy and he still struggles... GSW hired former agent as their GM and hit the jack pot and now Lakers trying to do the same.
I would think that having Magic in meetings where they try to sign free agents, can have some meaning for some players. I also think that he is pretty good business man and can add a bit magic to Lakers franchise.
We should wait and see how he does things... His first move getting that Rockets pick was a good move anyway...

Magic a snake bruh. Dude slithers in and slithers out real quick.

Guy beat aids in the 90's, that shit didn't happen then. Can't be trusted.

Would like to see the Dubs trade for Kyle O'Quinn, Zaza and a first round pick. Make it happen.

O'Quinn so underrated, one of the best defensive bigs in the league.

Btw, Kings are saying that Pels were interested in Casspi few weeks ago, regardless of Boogie's trade and Casspy said that Gentry gave him a promise few years a go, that some day he will coach him :)

Btw, Kings are saying that Pels were interested in Casspi few weeks ago, regardless of Boogie's trade and Casspy said that Gentry gave him a promise few years a go, that some day he will coach him :)

just curious, why would Gentry promise him this?

You guys can't see a joke? )
I'm a big Casspi fan because he is Israeli and because I like his type of player, but obviously he is a fringe NBA player at best... It's funny how you all thought I was serious just because I'm an Israeli (and says something about you all, but nvm).
I do think from Casspi point of view, it's a great trade. He was getting killed in Kings rotation, after great year last season and it's a contract year for him.
It's also known that Gentry is Casspi fan and Casspi thrives in NOP type of basketball.
On top of that, he is one of the closest Cousins friends in the league, so there is a good chance NOP will try to keep him this summer, hoping to sign Boogie in 2018.
NOP made a great deal first of all, because they really hardly gave anything up for a chance to see how the two stars play together for the next 1.5 seasons before deciding anything about Boogies' future in NO.

Kings made very dumb deal imo. Divac lost face, after saying many times he won't trade Cousins and not many will trust him after that. They hardly got back anyhing for Boogie and I'm sure if they would have waited a bit longer, closer to deadline, more teams would have gotten desperate enough to offer something better (Celtics could offer one of Nets picks for example). Divac himself admitted he gotten better offers before that, but said it was the best offer at the moment of the trade.
I honestly don't see where Kings go after that... They got terrible organization, no one to build the team around and lots of problems... Unless WCS suddenly will resemble KAT or something...

I also really like the trade for the Lakers, the Rockets and the players. Lakers don't need Lu Will and Brewer is a nice player that can be in the end of the rotation. Lakers need to hold on to the 2017 draft pick and they got a bit closer to that goal. Rockets add another shooter and that's always good come playoffs time...
yep

the Pels LOVE Caspi part of the trade too (not kidding)

Back