2017 Trade Deadline and Summer Thread...News/Rumors etc

Sac had one of my favorite starting 5's before.

Bibby
Christie
Peja
C-Webb
Divac

Now they have shit. This is embarrassing.

Casspi involved in the deal. Not bad considering the Pels don't have a true SF on the roster
He is the reason Pels made the trade... Boogie is just a fill in to match the salaries... I like Cousins a lot, but I'm very glad he is not in LA. He can be one of the best, but needs to be around veterans. In LA he would have been the mature adult and the biggest star and that would have been the same situation with him in Sacramento... Wish Cousins joined LA last year, with Kobe in his final season, to maybe teach him that it's all about the rings and hard work....

He is the reason Pels made the trade... Boogie is just a fill in to match the salaries... I like Cousins a lot, but I'm very glad he is not in LA. He can be one of the best, but needs to be around veterans. In LA he would have been the mature adult and the biggest star and that would have been the same situation with him in Sacramento... Wish Cousins joined LA last year, with Kobe in his final season, to maybe teach him that it's all about the rings and hard work....
:line:

Look, we know you love Casspi cause he's from Israel. But they traded for Boogie, cause they wanted Boogie. They could've easily gotten Casspi without taking on Cousin's salary if that's what they wanted to do. And to say it was to match salaries makes no sense.

<div style="position:relative"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/tnckr" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 640px; height: 361px;"></iframe><script async src="//v.streamablemedia.com/v1/embed.js"></script></div>

Pels will be a semi-force next season if they go bring CP3 back for 2017-18. This season they're one and done in the playoffs.

Cousins should get out of the West and go East. It'll be an easier run to the finals whoever he goes with.

wonder if Raps still in on Gallo

still plenty of assets to move, could use Sullys contract to get there with salaries

Can AD stay healthy ? Unlikely.

Boogie will leave anyway.

I think he could stay healthy enough.....I'm sure he will enjoy games more now. Jrue H leaving is the issue, because he could really be the pure PG he is now even more....CP3 coming back would be cool as shit having those 3(won't happen I know)..
as far as Boogie leaving, why so definitive? He ain't getting the Sac money now....why not stay and play with his fellow BBN guy?

either way really cool to see these guys play together I think....will be fun

I think he could stay healthy enough.....I'm sure he will enjoy games more now. Jrue H leaving is the issue, because he could really be the pure PG he is now even more....CP3 coming back would be cool as shit having those 3(won't happen I know)..
as far as Boogie leaving, why so definitive? He ain't getting the Sac money now....why not stay and play with his fellow BBN guy?

either way really cool to see these guys play together I think....will be fun

I think he stays as well Twink.

Now he doesn't have to shoulder all the blame if things go wrong and he's from Alabama so he is close to home. For a young rich guy New Orleans has to be a much better place to live than Sacramento as well.

On a side note the Kings owner is a basketball idiot and that franchise is never going anywhere until he leaves.

Will post more thoughts on the deal ina daily thread but initial thought is the Pels will be an easy fade for a good while.

Swapping out 2 rotation players on an already thin team and bringing in a new guy in Feb who needs the ball this much disrupts a lot. I don't see any way they make up the ground on Denver, if they were the ones with a 3 loss cushion maybe I'd feel differently.

I think he stays as well Twink.

Now he doesn't have to shoulder all the blame if things go wrong and he's from Alabama so he is close to home. For a young rich guy New Orleans has to be a much better place to live than Sacramento as well.

On a side note the Kings owner is a basketball idiot and that franchise is never going anywhere until he leaves.

One of my friends works for the NBA, created his own position actually. Deals more with player personnel and works with the players. He told me he met some of the Kings higher ups and said they didn't know half the players on the team or other NBA players. Pretty much it was strictly business but they didn't know their assets.

Local beat writers for Raps suggest they should sign Matt Barnes.
Interesting...if he's coming off the bench that could add a bit of spice

Ok. I thought Cousins would have gotten more in return. Like maybe Brown and the top pick from Boston, etc.

Clearly that's not the case. No one wants to deal with this kid.

But pair him along a true, model citizen superstar, and you have something. None of the other interested teams had a model player like that who is arguably better than Cousins.

[Stein] Raptors offered Valanciunas and 1st round pick for Cousins (~7:20)

Rumours Raps have been trying to ship JV around (to Detroit for Drummond)

Why would Detroit want to move Drummond?
he is a legit center, few around.

I hope Washington makes a move. I think they can give Cleveland a battle

What's a GM make a yr?

he had his own agency, huge clients... figure that pays more...

Speaking of great moves...

I own both Beverly and Eric Gordon in fantasy....not a fan of this move for selfish reasons but a good move for both teams.

Lakers desperately need to make sure they keep their first rounder this year (top 3 protected) and then draft Lonzo Ball.\

BTW how awful was that contract the lakers handed out to Mozgov...4 years $64 million...yea good luck dealing him.

Back