***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

TIFWIW, but I have heard that Ole Miss is very confident they get Little and Gary

Predictions:
QB: Feleipe Franks
RB: Devin White
WR: Dee Anderson, DaMonte Coxie, Stephen Sullivan
TE: Jamal Pettigrew
OL: Donavaughn Campbell, Jakori Savage, Willie Allen
DE: Andre Anthony, Caleb Roddy, Glen Logan, Shavar Manuel
DT: Edwin Alexander, Rashard Lawrence, Rashan Gary
LB: Erick Fowler, Rahssan Thornton, Michael Divinity, Rahshaun Smith
CB: Saivion Smith, Andraez Williams, Kristian Fulton, Trayvon Mullen
S: Cameron Lewis, Eric Monroe, Deontay Anderson
ATH: Clifford Chattman
LS - (none)
P - (none)
K - Connor Culp
**** This go-around, I am predicting that they sign 29 guys in February, but I also think we could see one defection. More on that below. It’s not a set number, but I think it winds up in that range. Certainly they will go over the 25-man class and are going to enroll a handful of these guys early in January.
**** The Tigers currently have the No. 1 class in the country. They have been sitting at No. 1 in the SEC since May. This finish would put them at 322.78, which would all but guarantee LSU the No. 1 class in the country come February. This is the highest projected finish I’ve predicted so far, and I think the Tigers have a pretty legit shot at making it happen.
**** I’m sticking with the same two names on offense that I had in the last prediction piece as I think they put a major focus on defense as they put the finishing touches on this class. I went with Devin White at running back and Willie Allen on the offensive line. They like Allen as a possible guard prospect, for what it’s worth. I’ve also now added Stephen Sullivan back to the LSU commitment list. He’s on a round of official visits and will be at Mississippi State this weekend, but I think once the dust settles, he will be back in LSU’s class. They have really turned up the heat on him more so than any other receivers left on the board.
**** Once again, I went heavy on prospects from the defensive side, predicting that they add Shavar Manuel, Rashard Lawrence and Rashan Gary on the defensive line, which would be an absolutely massive haul for Ed Orgeron - but one that many sources feel is very much within reach thanks to his efforts. I’m getting more and more confident in Manuel and Lawrence by the day, and I think Orgeron will somehow pull enough strings to get Gary. Just my gut feeling right now. I think Manuel is the next to commit.
I have removed Louisiana linebacker Travez Moore from the list at linebacker, but I’m sticking by the Tigers landing the IMG trio and getting linebacker Rahshaun Smith. The two cornerbacks left that Corey Raymond has been all over are still on my prediction piece in Kristian Fulton and Trayvon Mullen. But now I’ve added another. I still have the only Crystal Ball pick on Deontay Anderson, one of the best safeties in the country. I truly believe it’s down to Ole Miss and LSU with the Rebels holding a slight edge, but LSU will get his final official visit on the weekend before National Signing Day, so that’s huge. If LSU can get him and his parents to stick to that visit and bring them on campus right before the final dead period sets in, that could be all that’s needed to close him out. Anderson has always maintained consistent contact with LSU’s staff and they love him as a DB in this 2016 class.
**** I think we could see a current commitment switch to another school before NSD. I actually think that LSU is able to hold onto guys like Feleipe Franks. It might be worth watching New Orleans athlete Clifford Chattman though because he’s about to make a handful of official visits. I’m told that Oklahoma is one to watch here.
**** Obviously these are my educated guesses. Here are some names of other guys I think LSU has a legit shot at (some more than others, obviously), meaning they are in this prospect’s final 2-3 teams and will still get an official visit later in the process. Some of these guys could easily make it into this class, so this list is important for the finished product.
Still in the mix…
John Simpson - OT
Jauan Williams - OT
Drake Davis - WR
Clyde Chriss - WR
Mykel Jones - WR
JoeJuan Williams - S
Ross Blacklock - DT
Raekwon Davis - DT
Stephon Taylor - DT
Brian Burns - DE
Emmit Gooden - DE
Dontavious Jackson - LB
Jeffrey McCulloch - LB
Ben Davis - LB
Here are some quick notes on these guys…
Joejuan Williams - If it’s a no-go on Anderson, and there’s room at the end, watch for LSU to possibly press Williams as a safety addition out of Tennessee.
Ross Blacklock, Raekwon Davis and Stephon Taylor - I think there’s a shot with these guys, but they keep things very close to the vest. Davis is still committed to Alabama, but Frank Wilson and Ed Orgeron are still recruiting him hard and checked in on him in person during the bye week. Taylor, who lives in New Orleans but is originally from Alabama, will wind up between Auburn, LSU and Texas. If LSU lands Lawrence and Gary at DT then I think Taylor goes elsewhere, though. With Blacklock, I think the Aggies hold the edge over the Tigers right now, but Blacklock will still make an official visit to LSU after a handful of visits to Baton Rouge this year with his mother.
Brian Burns and Emmit Gooden - A couple out-of-state DE’s to still watch, and probably more with Gooden than Burns. I think both guys could wind up making official visits to LSU in the next few months, but Manuel remains higher on the board at DE right now, with a few guys higher on the board at DT, too.
Dontavious Jackson and Jeffrey McCulloch - Definitely the top two linebackers left in Texas that LSU wants and both are planning on making official visits to LSU. McCulloch is coming to Baton Rouge this weekend to watch the Arkansas game, but it won’t be an official visit, leaving LSU in the mix to still land another visit from him down the line.
Ben Davis - The nation’s No. 1 middle linebacker prospect will be on his official visit to LSU this weekend. This will be LSU’s big chance to really make a move on the Alabama legacy, though I think it’s safe to say it’s an uphill battle for Kevin Steele.
John Simpson and Jauan Williams - I think Williams still winds up at Alabama, but the East Coast standout at OT said Jeff Grimes has been recruiting him very hard and he will make an official visit to LSU. Simpson, a South Carolina native and highly-ranked OG in this class, is considered a heavy lean to Clemson, but he will make his first trip to LSU this weekend on an official visit for the Arkansas game.
Drake Davis and Mykel Jones and Clyde Chriss - They still want another WR in this class if it’s the right guy, and my current prediction is in for Sullivan to rejoin LSU’s class. That being said, Davis, Jones and Chriss are certainly still being recruited and could wind up being that guy instead of Sullivan. Keep monitoring the third WR spot because I believe they will take one.
No longer in the mix...
Shyheim Carter - CB
Dexter Lawrence - DT
Lyndell Wilson - LB
Greg Little - OT
Travez Moore - LB
I think the writing is on the wall for this group. Carter will leave Louisiana for college. Lawrence named a top five this week that didn’t include LSU. Wilson is into Alabama and Florida and isn’t being pressed by LSU like they are going for Ben Davis. Little, who announces this weekend, appears to be choosing between Alabama and Ole Miss. With Moore, I think academics are the biggest hurdle and it appears he’s going to head the JUCO route.

this would be absolutely a disgusting haul....Gary feels to good to be true, but even w/o him, this is a Korean Army kinda haul...

Here are some recruiting tidbits to pass along...
**** LSU hosted Louisiana RB Devin White for the Arkansas game. He’s made it to nearly every LSU home game this year, so that’s a good sign. That being said, there’s still a couple months before he’s got to make a decision, and he’s going to take his official visits making January a hectic month for LSU fans who want to see White in this year’s class. Right now, White will go until the end and make an announcement on National Signing Day in February. I still like where LSU stands right now, but I think it’s going to be interesting in January when he’s making visits and taking it all in for a final time. Of course, LSU will get him for an official visit in January, too. A date has not been set in stone yet.
**** Things are sort of at a standstill right now with Feleipe Franks. I can confirm that LSU has been in constant contact with him, and as Franks said in his interview from last Friday night, he remains committed to LSU but is listening to UF and FSU. UF has a QB committed in Kyle Trask and is recruiting a handful of others, including Franks. FSU has a QB committed in Malik Henry, but there only other target right now is Franks. The LSU commit has a playoff game on Friday night, but it’s unclear whether or not he will make any visits this weekend. FSU hosts Chattanooga in Tallahassee this weekend, which isn’t far from his home, so that visit is certainly a possibility. UF hosts Florida Atlantic in Gainesville, so there’s also the opportunity to be at that game. My guess would be that when those two teams meet in Gainesville the following weekends, Franks will probably be there, though that hasn’t been confirmed. It’s worth monitoring though. Now, I think UF is probably the bigger threat than FSU. And UF is playing in the SEC title game on Dec. 5, and Feleipe’s mother told me that they are visiting LSU on the Dec. 12 weekend, so if that sticks, there won’t be a chance for Franks to take an official visit to UF during December before the dead period sets in (and he would enroll in a college by the time the dead period ends, meaning that Dec. 12 weekend will be the last time he’s face-to-face with these college coaches). So if he wants to make an official visit to Gainesville, it would have to come in the next couple weekends, but Fridays (for now) are locked up as Wakulla works through the Florida HS playoffs. It’s all worth monitoring until Franks shows up on a college campus in January. I really do feel like this one could go either way, and I’ve got my ear to the ground to see what we can come up with in terms of new developments.
**** Another Florida guy that LSU has committed is five-star CB Saivion Smith. He remains LSU’s top-ranked commitment in the 2016 class. I’m told things are great between LSU and Smith and that he’s solid to Raymond and the Tigers. I spoke to a couple sources in Florida who told me that at this stage, UF and FSU aren’t even recruiting him anymore, so there’s no real threat there. He’s even doing some recruiting for LSU as he’s roommates at the IMG Academy with LB Rahshaun Smith. They took the official visit together last month and Smith stays in his ear about LSU. The former Clemson commitment is someone LSU feels like they can land and potentially start right away at LB as a true freshman. A holdup from what I’m told is with Maryland - and things depending on who they keep on staff and players they get in this class. Smith is from Maryland and has his family and a lot of olds friends and coaches in the area. That being said, LSU has his attention because of the ability to promise early playing time on a national stage where he can compete for a national championship. That’s a big bargaining chip for LSU right now. He’s an early enrollee who plans to announce in January at the Under Armour All-American game.
**** Right now, LSU LB commitment Michael Divinity is still planning to enroll early. He came in with his family this past weekend for an official visit, and we will now see if he takes any other visits before it’s said and done. He said he doesn’t have any planned right now. Divinity received his Under Armour jersey this week and told reporters that he’s solid to LSU and made a few comments about how he’s expecting the Tigers to bounce back and close the season strong.
**** We haven’t talked a ton about the in-state defensive line guys recently, but I was in a conversation with a source recently who shared that all those guys have told the staff that they are solid and can’t wait to come in with this class. That’s guys like Ed Alexander, Caleb Roddy, Glen Logan and Andre Anthony. Frank Wilson helped reel in most of this group, but they have also all grown close to Ed Orgeron. We will monitor to see if any of the guys from the group wind up making official visits elsewhere. All four have their official visits to LSU still left in front of them.
**** Right now Orgeron’s focus is on adding some more defensive linemen to the class. I can say Shavar Manuel is now trending towards Florida, but Orgeron’s press is really on Rashan Gary and Rashard Lawrence. They are getting a ton of his focus. It’s also worth noting that Orgeron and Wilson are still recruiting Alabama DT commitment and Mississippi native Raekwon Davis. I think with senior film evaluations and academic situations, we’ve seen some guys rise and others fall on Orgeron’s big board.
**** I spoke with Tennessee four-star DE Emmit Gooden on Thursday. He told me he will announce on Dec. 20. His final four are LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Kentucky. Tennessee is signing a very small class this year and they feel his academic situation is too close to call, so instead of risking having to sign and place him, it seems the Vols will go in a different direction. LSU is monitoring things and will likely host him for an unofficial visit next weekend for the Texas A&M game. I will keep you guys tuned into what the LSU side is thinking here as we get closer. It’s going to either be LSU or Mississippi State.
**** Beyond Smith, the DB’s that Corey Raymond has committed have all hinted at taking visits at some point during their recruiting process, but so far Greedy Williams, Eric Monroe, Cameron Lewis and Clifford Chattman have stayed around LSU’s campus for game weekends and only Chattman and Lewis took other trips, with Lewis taking in a TCU game and Chattman set for a string of visits. I could see Chattman looking around and winding up elsewhere, but I’m only reading tea leaves there with him now setting up these other trips. The other commitments all seem pretty solid right now.
**** A couple of Texas DB’s who are still getting a hard look from LSU are five-star safeties Brandon Jones and Deontay Anderson. They are pushing for official visits from both guys, with Anderson currently locked in to visit on Jan. 31, meaning LSU will have the last in-person visit with him before National Signing Day. LSU trails for them both, but they are still in the race, so keep them on your radar.
**** Things still look good with Louisiana’s No. 1 CB in Krisian Fulton. He will announce at the Under Armour game in January. LSU is also still confident with Trayvon Mullen, knowing that the Tigers are locked into his top two teams with Florida State. Mullen has not taken his official visit to either school yet, and he’s hinted that he could go all the way to NSD before making his decision. Both Fulton and Mullen are ranked as top five CB’s in the 2016 class.
**** One defensive back that LSU likes in this class is Tennessee’s Ikenna Okeke. But with Mullen, Fulton, Anderson and Jones some of the names still out there and interested in LSU, I don’t think they will be able to extend him an offer before he makes his announcement next week. I expect him to pick Texas A&M.
**** Five-star and No. 1 overall prospect Rashan Gary will be able to watch LSU in person this weekend as he will be taking his official visit to Ole Miss. LSU is still in the mix to get his fifth official visit (he’s planned out four so far), and if not, sources tell me that Ed Orgeron feels good about getting them back for what would be Gary’s third unofficial visit. Stay tuned on that front as Gary is going to take things all the way down until the end.

• <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="41221600"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="1">
  • <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="41221600"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="2">
  • Edit
  • Delete
1_0.jpg

• Buddy1981
  • <input name="IgnoredUser.Key" id="IgnoredUser_Key" type="hidden" value="168126">
  • 2169 Posts in 43 months
  • <time datetime="1448029081">79 minutes ago </time>
I realize Gary and Rashard Lawrence are Coach O's biggest targets. If LSU gets Lawrence and not Gary who

Gator what yall got on Franks....this would be an absolute disaster for LSU

this is the biggest get at QB since Jamarcus

Gator what yall got on Franks....this would be an absolute disaster for LSU

this is the biggest get at QB since Jamarcus

Not GLB, but there was this from earlier today...

https://twitter.com/TheNikkoTan/status/668109135372804097

A lot of talk that he's really liking UF and Coach Mac. Most of the talk is from hopeful fans and knuckleheads who pretend they know more than they do, but still.

However, McElwain is personally recruiting Franks, so that's a plus IMO. Also, this is his 2nd time going to a Gator game this year, and like the link says, he'll be back for the game against f$u next Saturday.

As a Gator fan, I really hope this kid ends up in G'Ville.

I lurk Twink... Been here for years. Always read this board, best on the web, IMO. I'll post some more. Used to post a lot (here and other places), but life gets in the way sometimes. But yeah... I know a few of the guys here. Great bunch at CTG. Like I said, best on the Web... 100%. No doubt.

As far as Franks... I think he could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised if it's ya'll or us. As a Gator, I'd love him in G'Ville, but really I just want another QB in this class. Got that kid from Texas, Kyle Trask, but he's not in league with the bigger prospects.
You never know how these kids are a gonna pan out till they get on campus and in the system, but UF needs at least 2 QB's for 2016. Treon isn't the answer (though he's trying) and Grier lost his appeal, so he's out till early October. Not much on campus right now in the way of QB depth. {handshake}

Thanks for the reply..Again, please post more here when you can.

We need him worse than yall. We don't have a backup plan, and as you know he is a January student to enroll.....so the shit is coming sooner than other kids.

I have heard everything under the sun. Issue is, he was real solid and LSU is backed into a corner now. That fact makes me think he honors it and also his Dad is military and preaches "stick to your word"......

However, holding onto a kid from outta state this long is tough.....it has to be mentioned in his ear that he plays early.....likely quicker at LSU

thoughts?

Well Twink... I can say that holding long commits from kids is tough, as we now see. I just hope he makes it official with Florida and it'd be nice if that helps Nate Craig Myers jumps on the train too... UF also need LB's. BADLY. Hope to get a handful of those too.

Remember, Dalvin Cook was a long time UF commit... and now he plays in the Swamp this Saturday. But he's not in Orange & Blue...he's in clown college colors, so yeah. Recruiting is tough, tough business.

Back to LB's, Lyndell Wilson is my hope. I see that his friend & teammate (Tony Nelson) just commited to UF, so here's hoping Wilson comes along as well.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...e-mack-wilson-could-follow-20151123-post.html

It's a great nab for FLA and one that has been brewing....sucks cuz he is an early enrolle.

Leaves LSU very fucked at QB and with kids who have taken lesser offers, now we come calling.,,..sometimes those kids workout tho

I really wanted franks tho.....

I feel very confident on Little, not so much on Gary.

Little is a great grab for Ole Miss... I'm still blown away that your team is a 4th & 25 stop away from playing The Gators in Atlanta this weekend. Shows ya how one play can change the entire season. If Arkansas doesn't make that play, that insane 4th & forever conversion, that gives Miss a 7-1 record in conference and a trip to the Game. Mississippi will get there soon enough though.

Probably not, but I wouldn't bet against it. Maybe we can get Rivals or 24/7 to give our commits the Bama bump

Wouldn't be surprised if you guys did end with the top rated class. But as we all know, it's all about getting the players you need for that year. Something UF's previous coach didn't quite understand (see our lack of depth at QB, LB and Kicker for examples). Saban doing it year in & year out is outstanding. Just fluid the way that Bama has been reloading for almost a decade.

It's a great nab for FLA and one that has been brewing....sucks cuz he is an early enrolle.

Leaves LSU very fucked at QB and with kids who have taken lesser offers, now we come calling.,,..sometimes those kids workout tho

I really wanted franks tho.....

I feel ya Twink. How's this for crazy though... and I wouldn't read too much into it, but this made me do a double take. Eason is visiting UF for a couple days.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/11/30/9823748/jacob-eason-florida-gators-visit

Don't think he commits or anything considering Franks is committed and the Trask kid is on board, but still. Caught my attention. These kids love Coach Mac it seems. And it looks like The Gators may finally get a kicker https://twitter.com/eddypineiro1/status/671028744585404416 .. maybe. Hey, he's a Bama commit, and GPS & co. I think you guys can spare him. We need a kicker in the worst way.

I think I mentioned this before, but there's a guy I want at UF and he's making his announcement this Friday it seems now.

Lyndell Wilson. UF Bound??? Hope so.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/21434/notebook-wilson-making-decision-friday/

Grove - No doubt...

Twink - Here we go indeed. But if Franks flips back, then hopefully it's because Eason comes to UF. Gonna be fun to follow this recruiting season.

You might get Franks back. Staff really wants Eason. Heard he was trashed downtown with the boys. Out with Anzalone. People saying he is going to flip but who knows. Seems like 07 getting Cam Newton and John Brantley. We know how that turned out.

LSU traveled to see one-time quarterback commitment Feleipe Franks on Tuesday, sending Les Miles and Cam Cameron to the Sunshine State for an in-home visit with the Franks family. To play catch up, here’s a rundown of how things have played out. Franks had been committed to LSU for about 18 months, but decided to reopen his recruitment process last month - and he made the comment that he had been entertaining the thought and wanting to make a move for about a month. A short time later, he committed to Florida. That was Sunday. On Tuesday, the nation’s top quarterback Jacob Eason decided to make an unexpected official visit to Florida. Eason is committed to Georgia, but with Mark Richt being fired on Sunday, Eason decided to give the Gators a look. Franks evidently didn’t like that. When the website SEC Country got a response from Franks asking his feelings on the Eason visit, Franks replied “not good.” So, in went Miles and Cameron to try to make a final pitch to Franks and his family. Now, given Franks just committed to the Gators a few days ago, it’s safe to assume he wants to be at Florida and a last ditch effort by the Tigers probably wouldn’t be enough to sway him. But if Florida picks up a third quarterback commitment in Eason, it’s reasonable to assume Franks - who is also a midterm enrollee and has to have a decision made here soon - would give some second thought to his commitment. But now that Georgia has hired Kirby Smart as the next head coach in Athens, I’m told by a solid source on the UGA side that Eason will stick. He and his family knew (like most) that Smart was who they wanted, and now that he’s in, I really don’t expect Eason to make a last minute switch. And if there’s no Eason in Gainesville, then Franks is going to move forward as planned and enroll at Florida in January as part of a two-quarterback class with Texas three-star Kyle Trask.
If Eason and Franks stick, that leaves LSU back at square one given all their eggs were in the basket for Franks. The staff has plans in place to move forward on other guys between now and February. They certainly want to push to add a quarterback in this class. But it’s going to be an uphill battle if nothing happens with Franks. It’s a sobering reality for the quarterback spot in 2016, but that’s where things stand unfortunately.

Okay. Some good news. LSU is still doing pretty well at recruiting elite players at defensive back right now, andCorey Raymond was in Florida on Tuesday visiting with cornerback Trayvon Mullen. He’s now locked in his official visit to LSU for the final weekend before Signing Day. Raymond will also have Texas five-star safetyDeontay Anderson in for an official visit that weekend. It will give the staff a chance to make one last push at two huge DB targets in this class. I think LSU trails Ole Miss for Anderson, but I think the Tigers are right there in the lead group for Mullen. I probably would give them a slight edge on FSU right now. He took an official visit to TCU this past weekend, he will take an official visit to Florida State this weekend and he will be at Clemson for an official visit on Dec. 11. Then the dead period sets in. He will play in the US Army All-American Game on Jan. 9, and then the contact period will open back up in mid-January. A couple weeks later, he will make that final visit to Baton Rouge. That puts LSU in a great spot to close on him. ***** Continue to keep an eye on former wide receiver commitment Stephen Sullivan. He’s warmed up to LSU again, and both Miles and Cameron were in-home with him this week. The staff is working all angles to try to get him back on board as the final wide receiver in this class. It’s also worth noting that he’s a midterm graduate. And LSU is pushing him to be here in January. That means that he’s only got a couple more weeks to meet with coaches before the dead period begins and he has to make his decision. TCU is still in play here, for sure. But I think LSU has put themselves back into a good spot to land him. I feel like Drake Davis and Mykel Jones both end up elsewhere, so Sullivan would be the final piece at wide receiver if he wants in.
***** I’ve been told by a Texas source that I trust, which was echoed by sources on the LSU side, that Rahssan Thornton is definitely locked into LSU and will sign with the Tigers. The Lone Star State linebacker is someone they feel like can come in and provide depth at outside linebacker right away. Obviously with the depth issues there, he will be competing to start as a freshman. He was recently named the District 12-6A Defensive Player of the Player for his senior season.
***** I think LSU has done enough work to put them back into a very good spot with John Curtis offensive tackleWillie Allen. He was originally warming up to a handful of out-of-state schools, but he’s made a few visits to LSU games recently and has grown close with multiple staff members. I once thought he was certainly leaving Louisiana for college, but I’ve had him on my recent prediction pieces and I’ll keep him there until I see reason to change. Things look good right now for him to be the third offensive lineman with Donavaughn Campbell andJakori Savage.

so i posted that yesterday in the wrong thread

but as it says up top......IF Eason goes to FLA, that has to be great for LSU

I am sure Richt is gonna make a push......but that seems like an odd move for this kid

Any Miami guys?

would be a sick recovery.......I wish LSU would be in a position to tell this kid to fuck off, but they aren't.....18 months and an early enrolle.......Only one LSU recruited....FLA has 2-3......

I think the kid will be really good, so fuck it. Cmon FF

I hear ya. And agree that these flippers are jus getting their 5 min. This is part of the reason I don't follow recruiting as hard anymore. All too many times these guys don't pan out. Get in trouble, dot make the grades or are just not as good as the hype. I understand that coaching is predicated on it, as they may have the x's & o's. But need those jimmy s & Joes

I stopped following recruiting deeply when Florida pulled that EPIC 2010 class. Hailed as the greatest class ever and it never really produced anything. 4 5stars, 3 of them turned out good (Elam/Floyd/Easley) and the #1 player in the country, Ronald Powell, did nothing. We had several other very high 4 stars never play a down. It was so disappointing

I stopped following recruiting deeply when Florida pulled that EPIC 2010 class. Hailed as the greatest class ever and it never really produced anything. 4 5stars, 3 of them turned out good (Elam/Floyd/Easley) and the #1 player in the country, Ronald Powell, did nothing. We had several other very high 4 stars never play a down. It was so disappointing

Jesus Powell was a HUGE bust....undrafted, then cut by the Saints. What a miss.....

Any 'Cuse guys on the board?

LA GAtorade player of the year Lindsey Scott is coming your way....at 6' even, the height I guess is the concern and LSU may creep in late.......either way, people swear by this kid. I sure hope it isn't a mistake by LSU in the end...

Top247 QB Franks sticking with UF
Florida Newsletter

• <!--
  • 0 shares -->
  • <iframe width="0" height="0" border="0" scrolling="no" style="border: 0px currentColor; overflow: hidden; border-image: none;"></iframe>

<section class="body article" id="activeArticle">Nearly a week ago, Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla Top247 quarterback Feleipe Franks made the decision to commit to the Florida Gators. His decision to stay in-state came a day after watching Florida play Florida State inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium with his family.
<figure class="figure wide lg" id="Asset2782073">
6_2938340.jpg
</figure>“My parents never pressured me like that, and my brother went up there, my dad, my mom, everybody went up there, and we really liked it,” Franks told 247Sports’ Chris Nee. “When I felt the time was right, it’s not anybody else’s decision but mine. The was right then when I was in a meeting with Coach [Jim McElwain] and Coach [Doug Nussmeier], and I’m sticking with them. I love the decision.”
Two days after announcing his pledge to the Gators, LSU head coach Les Miles and Cam Cameron visited Franks as his home. The Tigers previously had Franks’ pledge before recently decommitting as Florida surged into the lead.
“I can’t say why they came, but they did come,” Franks said of the visit from LSU. “I had a great visit with them. I’ve been committed there so long, it’s kind of like a relationship outside of football and I just love talking to Coach Miles and Coach Cam. Me and him built a relationship. It’s just funny just getting them to the house and to see where we live at. It’s just fun because they’ve never been at our place and I’ve always been to their place. It was just a good talk with them.”
Earlier this week, much was made about Franks and if he would waver off Florida as the Gators brought in five-star quarterback Jacob Eason for a visit. He commented on the Gators still pursuing other quarterbacks in the 2016 class.
“I mean, it doesn’t really matter to me,” he answered. “It doesn’t matter.”
Franks says his only visit left is to Florida on December 12, follow his FHSAA 5A State Final game the day before. He will graduate in December and move to the University of Florida after the U.S. Army All-American Bowl to begin classes in January.
The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Franks as the nation’s No. 45 overall prospect and the No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the 2016 class.
***247Sports' Chris Nee contributed to this article***
</section>

Back