***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

this as well

<!-- end Twitter feed --> <!--/.twitter-wrap--> <!--/.twitter-bg-->

champ-2008-bcs.jpg

2007 BCS
National Champions

champ-2003-bcs.jpg

2003 BCS
National Champions

champ-1958-nat.jpg

National Champions

NCAA Baseball Championships:

<!-- / championships --> <form name="eMailer"><label>Tell your friends about DandyDon!</label> <input name="email" class="search-term" type="text" size="26" value="Enter Address Here"> <input class="search-sub" type="button" value="Send">
</form>
<!-- / #spread-box--> DandyDon is proud to recognize David Toms as a great ambassador of the Tiger Nation.
<!-- / #col-lft --> <!--
--> LSU vs. McNeese State - Saturday, September 5th, 2015 6:30 PM (SEC-Alt)
41 Days, 5 hours, 26 minutes, 45 seconds

<!--end#countdown-area-->
<!--/.col-ctr-content--> SHARE:
FB
Tweet

<!--/.social-share--> FONT SIZE:
font-upfont-down
<!--/.font-resizer-->
[h=3]7/26/15 6:05 am CDT[/h]Good morning, Tiger Fans,
We’ll start today’s report with the news of LSU picking up its 18th commitment for the class of 2016 from wide receiver Da’Monte Coxie. If you read yesterday’s report, you might recall that Coxie (WR, 6'3", 185, East St. John, No. 18 on our list of Top LA Prospects) is one of a handful of players who really caught my attention at this weekend’s elite camp. Coxie wasn’t the fastest guy out there (he’s probably a 4.6 guy), but he creates great separation and catches everything thrown his way. Some of you might look at his relatively short list of offers from other schools and question why LSU offered, but I can assure you that he is very deserving and will be a great addition to what’s shaping up to be another very good wide receiver class. I’ve added Coxie’s video highlights to our Media Gallery.
One thing I really like about this year’s group of committed receivers is their size. All three current commits are 6-foot-3 or taller – Stephen Sullivan is 6'6" while Dee Anderson and Coxie are both 6'3". By comparison, only two of the six receivers from LSU’s last two classes are 6'3" or taller – Jazz Ferguson is 6'5" and Malachi Dupre is 6'3".
Speaking of wide receiver commits, I’ve seen tweets indicating that LSU extended offers to three others this weekend. Two of them are for the this year’s class – Drake Davis (6'5", 215, IMG Academy) and Texas A&M commit Quartney Davis (6'2.5", 181, Houston). The other is Class of 2018 in-state sensation Devonta Jason (6'2", 180) of Landry-Walker.

Id like any other folks to participate here in this thread(SEC and ALL TX and FLA schools in particular ;) )

<!-- end Twitter feed --> <!--/.twitter-wrap--> <!--/.twitter-bg-->

champ-2008-bcs.jpg

2007 BCS
National Champions

champ-2003-bcs.jpg

2003 BCS
National Champions

champ-1958-nat.jpg

National Champions

NCAA Baseball Championships:

<!-- / championships --> <form name="eMailer">
</form>
<!--/.social-share-->
<!--/.font-resizer-->
[h=3]7/27/15 5:45 am CDT[/h] While that is understandable, I think it’s worth pointing out that there has been a lot of chatter about wide receiver commit Stephen Sullivan (6'6", 230, Donaldsonville) being a risk to flip to TCU. According to one of my readers, TCU head coach Gary Patterson stated at a recent luncheon in Dallas that the program flipped a guy from a big program, and the unconfirmed rumor is that it’s Sullivan. I do not think this is the case, but I do know that TCU made a big impression on Sullivan. Even if Sullivan stays (which I think he will) and LSU ends up taking another receiver in this class, there would still be room for seven other “takes” as LSU will likely sign 26 players in this year’s class. (Stay tuned, later this week we’ll take a look at who might fill those remaining spots.) In case you’re wondering why LSU has room for 26 commitments, it’s because 2015 signee Jeremy Cutrer was cut loose after failing to meet academic requirements and LSU has at least one player in this year’s class, quarterback Feleipe Franks, who is set to enroll early and count towards last year’s numbers.
Speaking of Feleipe Franks, here’s a great article about him by Jimmy Smith of nola.com titled “Feleipe Franks has LSU coaches feeling confident about the Tigers’ future at QB.” In it, Smith states that the staff feels so confident about Franks as LSU’s future quarterback that they will not be offering any other QB in this class. While that is likely true, LSU could land a commitment from a very talented 2017 in-state quarterback today when Lowell Narcisse announces his decision. Narcisse will be a Tiger one way or the other as he will be choosing between the LSU Tigers and the Auburn Tigers during a press conference at 6 p.m.

big weekend in BR

Raekwon Davis...my word....a Bama commit, but LSU is pushing hard for a flip

this dude is a BEAST...6-7 325....wow

This guy blew up at the Opening a couple of weeks ago. Glad we got in on him early. I expect there to be a lot of new voices in his ear moving forward

Jordan Stevenson

2015 RB recruit, wisky wouldn't let him in, down to bama and the corn. Kid looks like the truth. I know who needs him more.

Last we heard is that the kid wants Nebby, mom wants Alabama. Either spot looks like a good place for him. He took an official to Lincoln this weekend, may visit Tuscaloosa or Miami this week. Plans to enroll on Friday. I'd say Huskers are the leader at this point.

Last we heard is that the kid wants Nebby, mom wants Alabama. Either spot looks like a good place for him. He took an official to Lincoln this weekend, may visit Tuscaloosa or Miami this week. Plans to enroll on Friday. I'd say Huskers are the leader at this point.

hearing the same, sounds like mom isn't making the decision.

LSU moves forward in 2017 QB recruiting
1310914.jpg
Hunter PaniaguaTigerSportsDigest.com

Who are LSU's next quarterback targets after losing Lowell Narcisse to Auburn?
VACHERIE, La. — Four-star Lowell Narcisse, the top 2017 quarterback in Louisiana, chose to leave the state Monday when he committed to Auburn instead of LSU.

Narcisse was one of the first in-state prospects in the 2017 class to receive an offer from LSU when they extended him one in November. Auburn entered his recruitment about a month later.

Those two quickly went to the top of his list. The decision ultimately came down to Narcisse’s schematic fit at Auburn and the family feel at LSU. Auburn sold him on being the next in line after Cam Newton and Nick Marshall. LSU’s Cam Cameron developed a strong relationship with him and hired Narcisse’s high school quarterback coach as an assistant to create even more comfort.

But Narcisse ultimately chose Gus Malzahn’s offense. He said after his commitment ceremony that Auburn’s fast-paced offensive attack fits his skill set better.

He also believes there’s a faster path to the field at Auburn than at LSU.

Narcisse observed Feleipe Franks at LSU’s camp last week and saw the 2016 commit’s strong performance. When Narcisse informed the LSU staff of his decision, he mentioned Franks as a reason why he didn’t pick them.

He sees a better chance of winning the job at Auburn early in his career than he does at LSU. When Narcisse arrives at Auburn in 2017, he’ll enter competing with Sean White, Tyler Queen and Woody Barrett to replace Jeremy Johnson.

Regardless of the reasoning behind Narcisse’s decision, LSU will move forward in its pursuit of quarterbacks in 2017. It is possible the Tigers go for two in that class.

By 2017, both Brandon Harris and Danny Etling will have one season left of eligibility. Justin McMillan will enter his third year in the program and Feleipe Franks his second. With Franks looking like the future of the position until at least 2018, LSU wants to develop as much depth as possible behind him.

1540801.jpg

Fie-star quarterback Shawn Robinson

So who are the other quarterbacks atop LSU’s board in 2017?

LSU has already offered in-state four-star Keytaon Thompson. The No. 25 quarterback nationally spent multiple days at LSU’s camp. Thompson showed promise but he needs work with his mechanics. LSU loves his athleticism and makeup and is optimistic he’ll continue to develop.

Florida, Miami, Notre Dame and Texas Tech are some of the other big schools to offer him thus far.

Cam Cameron will also make a big push for three of the top quarterbacks in the country.

No. 1 Shawn Robinson committed to TCU earlier this month. LSU offered him before that happened but didn’t get much consideration. Robinson called TCU the perfect school for him when he chose the Horned Frogs. But LSU will continue to go after him with hopes of changing his mind regardless of how difficult that will be.

Cameron also likes No. 3 Hunter Johnson, a four-star from Indiana. LSU’s offensive coordinator will work his relationships there to try and get a foot in the door, but Johnson is considered a heavy lean to Notre Dame.

Look for LSU to also get involved with No. 4 Dylan McCaffrey. He’s a Stanford legacy with a father that played wide receiver for the Cardinal. His older brother is also currently a running back there, and his other brother plays for Duke.

Stanford hasn’t offered him yet, and McCaffrey hasn’t narrowed his list. He also likes UCLA, Michigan and Duke. LSU believes it can get into contention, but if Stanford would be the heavy favorite if they offered.

Narcisse’s decision to commit to Auburn is a tough blow for LSU early in that recruiting cycle, losing a top five player in the state. But LSU is optimistic about its future at quarterback and hopes it can still land a big name in the 2017 class.

In football recruiting news, I wrote a few days ago about TCU trying to flip LSU wide receiver commit Stephen Sullivan, and now it appears that LSU is trying its best to flip TCU linebacker commit Sewo Olonilua. At 6-foot-2, 217 pounds, Olonilua is a versatile athlete who could play safety, linebacker, or even running back, but it appears that LSU is recruiting him as a linebacker, which is one of the Tigers’ biggest positions of need in this year’s class. LSU already has commitments from two other outstanding linebackers from the state of Texas – Erick Fowler and Rahssan Thornton, and it is likely that LSU would take as many as four linebackers in this year’s class. (Remember, they didn’t sign any last year.) Among the Tigers’ top LB targets are Louisiana’s own Michael Divinity (6'2", 200) of John Ehret High School and Keion Joyner (6'3", 200) of Havelock, North Carolina, who has family in Abbeville, LA.
In other football news, we all know that a good case can be made for LSU claiming the DBU (defensive back university) moniker, right? Well, you might be interested to know that Fox Sports’ College Spun website has named LSU “Running Back University.” The website analyzed the number of NFL running backs produced by each school over the last 16 years and LSU came out on top with 13 draft selections during that time. The next closest was Miami with 10 selections. With the way LSU has recruited the RB position for the last two years, they could very well hold on to that title for at least a few more years. Interestingly, the Tigers do not yet have a running back commitment in this year’s class, although they appear to be in good shape with their primary target, Devin White (6'0", 258, North Webster), who is the No. 1 player on our list of Top LA Prospects for 2016

[h=1]Nation's No. 1 prospect Rashan Gary to visit LSU, Tigers a 'real threat'[/h]

WATCH: Paramus Catholic's Rashan Gary shows why he's the top player in the country at Nike campParamus (N.J.) Catholic defensive end Rashan Gary, the top player in the country, dominates the competition at Nike camp.

PrintEmail
By James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on August 04, 2015 at 4:32 PM

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.bd0320cab493e168513c7173184c1d5c.en.html#_=1438743073437&count=vertical&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F08%2Fnations_no_1_prospect_rashan_g.html&dnt=false&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F08%2Fnations_no_1_prospect_rashan_g.html&size=m&text=Nation%27s%20No.%201%20prospect%20Rashan%20Gary%20to%20visit%20LSU%2C%20Tigers%20a%20%27real%20threat%27&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F08%2Fnations_no_1_prospect_rashan_g.html&via=nolanews" class="twitter-share-button twitter-tweet-button twitter-share-button twitter-count-vertical" title="Twitter Tweet Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="border-style: none; border-width: initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 55px; float: none; border-radius: 0px; display: block; position: static; visibility: visible; height: 60px; background: none;"></iframe>

<iframe name="f2bcdd6228" width="55px" height="1000px" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" title="fb:share_button Facebook Social Plugin" src="http://www.facebook.com/v1.0/plugins/share_button.php?app_id=&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2FBhKMRj1sUPu.js%3Fversion%3D41%23cb%3Df190606ef8%26domain%3Dwww.nola.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nola.com%252Ff1a50df4f8%26relation%3Dparent.parent&container_width=0&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F08%2Fnations_no_1_prospect_rashan_g.html&locale=en_US&ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-share&sdk=joey&type=box_count&width=55" class="" style="border-style: none; border-width: initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 56px; float: none; border-radius: 0px; position: absolute; visibility: visible; height: 61px; background: none;"></iframe>

<iframe frameborder="0" hspace="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" tabindex="0" vspace="0" width="100%" id="I0_1438743073141" name="I0_1438743073141" src="https://apis.google.com/u/0/se/0/_/+1/sharebutton?plusShare=true&usegapi=1&action=share&annotation=vertical-bubble&height=&width=&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F08%2Fnations_no_1_prospect_rashan_g.html&gsrc=3p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.hQRQy1hwlg0.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Ft%3Dzcms%2Frs%3DAGLTcCPOqeTHknKJoFL2opZdzvE1mLc-Tg#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh%2Conendinteraction%2Conload&id=I0_1438743073141&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&pfname=&rpctoken=24692252" data-gapiattached="true" title="+Share" style="border-style: none; border-width: initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 58px; float: none; border-radius: 0px; font-size: 10px; position: static; top: 0px; left: 0px; visibility: visible; height: 60px; background: none;"></iframe>

[COLOR=#777777 !important]0

<tbody style="border: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: auto; float: none; border-radius: 0px; background: none;">

Reddit

<tbody style="border: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: auto; float: none; border-radius: 0px; background: none;">
</tbody>

</tbody>

[h=3]LATEST RECRUITING NEWS[/h]

You can make an argument that Gary is not the No. 1 prospect in the country, that is always debatable, but there is very little doubt in anyone's mind that he is an elite level prospect.
The 6-4, 310-pound specimen recently visited LSU, and a return trip to Baton Rouge is scheduled for Wednesday, with his mother in tow, according to sources.
The trip is supposed to be two days long, with Gary's desire to make a return visit with his mother being the motivation for the trip. It is believed that LSU is firmly in his top group, with a top five being released in the near future. Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and Ohio State are all being mentioned by sources as schools of "high interest," with LSU being described as a "real threat" for his services.
LSU defensive line coach Ed Orgeron has been handling his recruitment, and the relationship the two have forged is one of the main reasons that the Tigers are in the hunt. A return trip to Baton Rouge with his mother is a very good sign for the Tigers.

[/COLOR]

Yesterday LSU picked up its 19th commitment for 2016 when kicker Connor Culp of Phoenix, Arizona committed to the Tigers. Culp is ranked the 4th best kicker in the country, according to kicking guru Chris Sailor who had the following to say about him: “Connor is an unbelievable kicking talent. A great athlete with one of the very strongest legs in the nation. Smooth and extremely consistent on field goals. A great competitor who does extremely well under pressure. Kickoffs are D1 ready right now. The sky is the limit here. Connor is going to dominate at the D1 level. A fine young man with a great attitude and work ethic. Scholarship pick without a doubt.” With Culp’s commitment, LSU’s 2016 class now contains 19 commitments and is back in the No. 1 spot on 247Sports’ and Rivals’ team rankings.
Also, later today LSU will receive a visit from the nation’s No. 1 prospect in the country, DT Rashan Gary, and his mother. Gary visited LSU last month for the elite camp and was very impressed with what he experienced, so much so that he’s coming back to spend a couple more days in Baton Rouge, this time with his mother, Jennifer Coney, at his side. In this article by 247Sports, Ms. Coney is quoted as saying, “Rashan told me he likes LSU. And if he wants to look at LSU, I will need to see it myself.” As mentioned in yesterday’s report, defensive tackle is a huge priority for this year’s LSU recruiting class, and I’m glad to see Coach Orgeron pursuing the very best of the best. To get an idea of what makes Gary such a special player, check out this informative highlights video which contains voiceover analysis from Nike Football Events OL/DL Player Personnel Director Todd Huber

Now for a bit of recruiting news: I mentioned that defensive tackle Rashan Gary of New Jersey, the No. 1 prospect in the country, is visiting LSU with his mother, and that is certainly a good sign for LSU, especially considering they are doing it on their own dime on an unofficial visit. Yesterday some more good news on the recruiting front surfaced as 5-star defensive end Shavar Manuel reportedly said he “fell in love” with LSU during his visit this summer. If Defensive Line Coach Ed Orgeron can land one of these two elite D-linemen that would be huge, and if he lands both it would be nothing short of legendary.

it is up in the thread, but essentially an 8th grade commit as the number 1 overall for 2017. He 'decommited' 2 days ago...opened up

As JOB said Bama would be the threat, but LSU still his number 1

This is the kid that the media crucified Saban for offering for so early. At least he's saying he's waiting for signing day 2017 now instead of committing and de-committing multiple times. Wonder what the odds are that Saban and/or Miles are at their current jobs on signing day 2017?

This is the kid that the media crucified Saban for offering for so early. At least he's saying he's waiting for signing day 2017 now instead of committing and de-committing multiple times. Wonder what the odds are that Saban and/or Miles are at their current jobs on signing day 2017?

I think Miles got crucified...we offered 1st I think

To start things off, in case you missed my post late last night, I get the feeling that LSU is very much alive in the race for Rashan Gary. The Tigers will most certainly make his final five when he trims his massive scholarship list down in the next few weeks. And, unless he plans another visit or two in the next couple weeks, LSU will be the last place he sees before school starts (and he saw LSU twice in less than two weeks, so he’s got a good feel for things now). Gary and his mom got to town a little after 1 p.m. on Wednesday, ate some lunch with the staff and then got right after it. I’m told his mom did a lot of academic stuff, from touring the Cox building for student-athletes to meeting with counselors. Gary got to hang out with the staff and players for a bit, then got to sit down for a one-on-one with LSU Associate Athletics Director Verge Ausberry, a former Tiger football player who has always stepped in to help out when these big-name recruits come into town for visits.
I mentioned this in last night’s tidbits, but everyone I’ve talked to so far has said the same thing: Gary’s mom showed up and was ready to find out exactly what LSU had to offer. She had a laundry list of questions ranging from on-field stuff to how the program operated when the kids weren’t playing football. “She wanted to find out everything she could, so the questions kept coming,” one source said. And that’s a great thing. “When a mom wants to find out as much as this, that means her son is very interested,” another source said.
The staff took Gary and his mom to dinner in Tiger Stadium last night. And remember when Frank Wilson reflected back on Leonard Fournette’s recruitment and noted that “the wives helped seal the deal”? Well, last night the wives stepped up to the plate again - and in a big way. Kathy Miles and Tiffany Wilson and Kelly Orgeron were all there at dinner and spent a lot of time with Rashan’s mother. I’m told that things took a real family feel from then on out, which is just what LSU tries to sell to these parents. And it’s not an act. There’s not many times that I’ve been up to football ops were a coach’s wife or kid(s) weren’t there hanging out. “I think she saw that this is one big family, and that really stuck with her,” one source said. Les even had a couple of his kids there, so all hands were on deck. The coaches had meetings with their position guys after the No. 18 ceremony last night, but I’m told all of them swung in at some point in the night to hang out with Gary and his mom.
There had been a lot of talk about fellow New Jersey native Tashawn Bower and his role in helping recruit Gary, but I’m told that it was Christian LaCouture who basically bent over backwards trying to help reel in Rashan and show him a good time. And if you remember back to LSU’s July camp, LaCouture was the first person that five-star Louisiana defensive tackle Rashard Lawrence hung out with when he came to campus. I asked around, and the general response I got back was “Christian is one of the best recruiters here.”
As I mentioned on Wednesday night, LSU is very alive here. The staff was more than happy with how things have played out so far, and now they are hosting Gary and his mom for breakfast this morning on campus. After that is the team’s first practice of the fall (starts about 9:30 a.m. CT), then they will wrap things up with the coaches before heading back to New Orleans to fly home this afternoon. I know Michigan was considered the early favorite, and I certainly think they will be around until the end, but his summer travels and recent comments have me feeling like he’s headed South for college. I’ve got LSU and Auburn as the top two teams, but it would be unwise of me to count out Georgia given his multiple visits there. Those are probably the top three in the SEC right now, at least from what I’ve gathered.
LSU knows they are very much in this, and I’m told by a couple sources that Ed Orgeron has no doubts that he can make it happen (that confidence has been around all summer and is what makes him such a great recruiter). They are in a position where the staff truly believes that a defensive line finish will come from names like Gary, Shavar Manuel, Rashard Lawrence, Raekwon Davis, Ross Blacklock and Stephon Taylor. Very unlikely that they can land them all, but I'm told they are going to try (and clearly already are..).

Yeah we still have a shot and I think he said we are still the leader but he wants to take his visits. Dabo won't cut a kid loose for taking a visit somewhere so long as the kid immediately re-ups his commitment and cancels all future visits. However he has a rule that if you're going to take your 5 official visits then there's no way he can consider you on the commitment list. I am shocked he did it with a 5-star but I respect him for it. Dabo and Clemson will still recruit him as hard as ever and we get the last official which is good for us but he is no longer an official commitment. Per our Rivals guys both Dabo and Smith are on the same page. Who knows what happens but I would certainly say Clemson still has as good of a chance as anyone in landing him. This wasn't your typical decommitment IMO

I have never heard of this before, with Clemson rules.(until I read this article)........may cost him some guys huh?

I have never heard of this before, with Clemson rules.(until I read this article)........may cost him some guys huh?

Not really...he's been doing it a while. He just discourages kids from committing until they're ready to shut it down. If Smith was going to take all 5 visits anyway then I don't see much difference if he does it while listed as a commit or if he does it while not listed as a commitment. Again this is for guys who are going the distance with visits. Feaster took a visit to Tennessee a few weeks ago but after returning home he talked with Dabo, re-affirmed his commitment and said he wouldn't be taking any other official visits. The same thing happened with DeShaun Watson and Auburn. If a kid is taking 5 official visits it's kind of hard to consider him committed anyway IMO

A verbal commit is like a promise ring. I don't consider anything a done deal until the LOI is in

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breaking: 4-star CB Shyheim Carter decommits from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Alabama?src=hash">#Alabama</a> <a href="http://t.co/Ig7cJxzaVj">http://t.co/Ig7cJxzaVj</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports">@247Sports</a> <a href="http://t.co/QRsEupqcDZ">pic.twitter.com/QRsEupqcDZ</a></p>&mdash; BamaOnline (@BamaOnline247) <a href="https://twitter.com/BamaOnline247/status/630746887478317056">August 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not really...he's been doing it a while. He just discourages kids from committing until they're ready to shut it down. If Smith was going to take all 5 visits anyway then I don't see much difference if he does it while listed as a commit or if he does it while not listed as a commitment. Again this is for guys who are going the distance with visits. Feaster took a visit to Tennessee a few weeks ago but after returning home he talked with Dabo, re-affirmed his commitment and said he wouldn't be taking any other official visits. The same thing happened with DeShaun Watson and Auburn. If a kid is taking 5 official visits it's kind of hard to consider him committed anyway IMO

I just never heard of a team policy like that

least in the SEC

<iframe height="437" title="Twitter Tweet" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 500px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: static; min-width: 220px; max-width: 100%;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8" async=""></script>

hate to say it, but we knew this one wasn't over<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" style="display: none;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

In football recruiting news, one of LSU’s main targets - defensive tackle Rashard Lawrence (6'4", 300, Neville of Monroe) has announced his top-five schools. As expected, LSU and Alabama made the cut, along with Ohio State, UCLA and Washington, in no particular order. LSU and Alabama are still considered the two favorites, and this is a battle that will likely go on until next February. Rashard is a huge priority not only because he’s one of the state’s top prospects (No. 3 on our list behind RB Devin White and LSU DT commit Edwin Alexander), but because defensive tackle is a such a huge position of need in this year’s class. In addition to Alexander, LSU already has a commitment from in-state DT Glen Logan and is believed to be a top contender for several big-time DTs including Ross Blacklock of Missouri City, TX, Louisiana’s own Mastephon Taylor of McDonogh 35, and Rashan Gary of New Jersey, the No. 1 overall prospect in the country.
And speaking of Rashan Gary, LSU really rolled out the red carpet for him and his mother last weekend when they visited. To give you an idea of how important a prospect Gary is, consider this: LSU President F. King Alexander, Athletic Director Joe Alleva, Senior Associate Athletic Director Verge Ausberry, and Director of Academic Affairs Walt Holliday all spent time with Gary and his mother. By all accounts, things went exceptionally well. I feel confident in saying that LSU has at least as good a chance as anyone, if not better, of signing this elite prospect

cecil cherry turned in transfer papers form UT. complained about not getting his jersey number, and was tired of getting bitched out by the coaches. apparently he cant make reads for shit.

was an original tenn commit.

In football recruiting news, remember a while back when I wrote about Donaldsonville wide receiver Stephen Sullivan being pursued heavily by TCU and being a risk to de-commit from the Tigers? Well, last night Sullivan announced on Twitter that he has in fact decided to de-commit from LSU, citing a need to be sure this is the right decision for him and his family. In his tweet, Sullivan says LSU is still one of his top schools, and the next time he makes his decision it will be final. Without Sullivan, LSU’s 2016 recruiting class contains 18 commitments with room to take 7-9 more. Later in the week we’ll take a look at who might fill those remaining spots

Back