***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

Five-star quarterback recruit Tate Martell, who is in the 2017 class, verbally committed to Texas A&M on Thursday night via Twitter, choosing the Aggies over Alabama, Michigan, USC and Washington.

Martell has continued to succeed both on and off the field, drawing comparisons to Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and former Aggie/Current Cleveland Browns gunslinger Johnny Manziel.A dual-threat quarterback and one of the top talents in the nation, Martell has had his eyes set on playing at the college level since a young age. The Bishop Gorman (Nev.) signal caller verbally committed to play for [former] coach Steve Sarkisian at Washington the summer before he began eighth grade.

Here are some quick tidbits on the DT search as the high school football season gets underway. LSU put themselves in a really good position this summer when it comes to landing some top guys in this class…
**** Let’s start with someone we haven’t talked much about: five-star Dexter Lawrence. He’s the No. 2 DT in the country behind Rashan Gary and No. 3 player on the 247Composite.
The North Carolina native has been pretty hush-hush about his recruitment. When you look at his Crystal Ball, Florida got the first picks and then held the only picks between January 2014 and February 2015. Then this past February, a wave of picks came in for FSU. Things stayed quiet until early-July, when four people (including our FSU insider) made their picks for him to stay home and sign with North Carolina. And his recruitment sort of reminds me of fellow North Carolina 2016 prospect Keion Joyner. Lawrence has only made a couple visits outside North Carolina during his entire process, with the notable one being a trip to Alabama in July. And he hasn’t really talked anyone up, only noting that he wants to see UCLA so may take an official visit there.
I got a message from someone not connected with LSU, and they said that Lawrence has quietly talked up LSU in both the spring and the summer, and that they might be the dark horse who can make a move with a visit. I then swapped some messages with an LSU source who confirmed that the Tigers have been after him hard now, but they just need a visit to happen. They feel like they will land one of his five officials, too. They thought he might make it in for July camp, but he wasn’t able to. So moving forward, keep him on the list. I'm told he really likes Kevin Steele.
And the list is a growing one…
LSU feels like they are definitely within striking distance of landing guys like Rashan Gary, Raekwon Davis, Rashard Lawrence, Ross Blacklock and Stephon Taylor. Not to mention they feel really, really good about Shavar Manuel, who has the size to play DT or DE. That’s seven guys who can fit into a DT role, and they already have a five-star defensive tackle committed in Edwin Alexander, and Glen Logan is on board at 6-foot-4 and 285 pounds, so he can move around on the line if need be.
Now it’s just a matter of getting these guys in the boat. They plan to go really heavy on defense to close this class and they aren’t turning guys from that crop away. They want to add a handful of these guys, a couple more linebackers and then the DB’s (Fulton-Mullen with a shot at Deontay Anderson).

Wanted to pass along some notes on some Texas prospects that LSU is after. Obviously the Longhorns didn’t get off to a good start this past weekend, and if that trend continues, it’s only good for LSU as they battle the Longhorns for some of these Lone Star State kids.
***** LSU wide receiver commitment Dee Anderson was ruled ineligible to play at DeSoto High this season after he transferred there this summer. He could play junior varsity ball, but he’s elected not to. He will get to practice with the varsity all week, but then has to just sit on sidelines during the games. He’s also getting on board with a private WR trainer in the area to help him develop further.
Anderson is currently pretty solid to LSU, per a couple sources close to the four-star wide receiver. He’s cooling on Texas right now, and they were the big threat. He’s told EJ Holland at our UT site that he plans to take all five official visits though. LSU will be one. UCLA, Ohio State and Florida State are a few others to watch for. Anderson feels like the Buckeyes and Seminoles are close to offering him. That being said, sources close to Anderson with knowledge of his recruitment tell me that he’s most likely sticking with the Tigers.
Anderson plans to enroll early, and he’s on course to do so. LSU helped facilitate the early enrollment by talking things through with his counselors at DeSoto and West Mesquite, so that was a telling sign that he’s set right now on being in Baton Rouge by January.
***** LSU outside linebacker commitment Rahssan Thornton will visit Texas this weekend for the game against Rice. He made it over to Austin a couple times this offseason, so there is some interest there. But with family in Louisiana, the consensus feel right now is that the four-star will stick with LSU. Texas moving in the wrong direction definitely helps LSU’s cause here...
***** The same goes for fellow Texas native and LSU linebacker commitment Erick Fowler. Fowler got on board with LSU this summer even though everyone thought he would wind up at Texas given he goes to school just a stone’s throw from their campus. It’s an interesting story. His parents are big UT fans and want him there, but he grew up an LSU fan and said his decision is to go to Baton Rouge and be a Tiger. And he’s stuck by that stance even with pressure coming from the UT staff after his commitment. I think one thing LSU really has going for them is lack of depth at LB. He realizes that with Kendell Beckwith likely gone to the NFL after this season, he can step in and legitimately compete for the starting job at middle linebacker. This one is worth monitoring until the end simply because of the fact that his family dynamic is not one we see very often - with parents openly wanting him at home and him openly voicing his interest in being at an out-of-state school. He did say recently that he wanted to see UT have a great year, so if they don’t bounce back, there doesn’t appear to be a lot of incentive in his mind to make the move.
***** LSU has been in the thick of things for Houston defensive tackle Marvin Wilson since he came onto the recruiting radar. Texas A&M and Texas were thought to be the other teams in the mix, but he gave some interesting quotes on those two schools to Taylor Hamm last night.
Wilson went to TAMU’s game against Arizona State, and he then watched the Texas matchup with Notre Dame.
“It changed a lot because it shows that program is headed in the right direction,” he said. “It’s changing everything around to where it’s supposed to be.
“Texas did not impress me at all. Everybody else that’s on my radar did a pretty good job. Most of them won their games but Texas did not impress me at all.
“They are going in opposite directions. A&M is making the right decisions, and UT has the right coaching staff to go in the right direction, but they just don’t have the players to back the coaches.
“I could be one of those players that turns it around there but I don’t think they have the leaders in place to turn that program around.”
I’m told that he won’t make an early decision right now, but if he did, it would be between the Aggies and LSU. He’s expected to visit Baton Rouge next weekend for the Auburn game.

COLP8txUYAA7ADR.jpg

Jordan-Swilling scores 7 TD's in one half
LSU Newsletter

• <!--
  • 0 shares -->
  • <iframe width="0" height="0" border="0" scrolling="no" style="border: 0px currentColor; overflow: hidden; border-image: none;"></iframe>

<section class="body article">Bruce Jordan-Swilling debuted in the initial 247Sports 2017 rankings as a Top 100 prospect at linebacker, checking in as the No. 5 outside linebacker in the country and a top-five player in Louisiana.
<figure class="figure wide lg" id="Asset2620298">
6_3650972.jpg
<figcaption>Bruce Jordan-Swilling has been on fire so far for Brother Martin (Photo: Sonny Shipp, 247Sports)</figcaption></figure>But through two games of his junior season at Brother Martin, Jordan-Swilling is making waves at running back - and some big waves, at that.
In a 68-21 win over St. Stanislaus, Jordan-Swilling rushed for 343 yards and seven touchdowns. And all those numbers came in the first half, with the Brother Martin staff electing to sit the four-star prospect in the second half of the blowout.
Last week, Brother Martin grabbed a season opener win over Plaquemine, where Jordan Swilling totaled 227 yards on the ground on 21 carries with four touchdowns to go with three catches for 84 yards and another touchdown.
Through two weeks, Jordan-Swilling now as a jaw-dropping 12 touchdowns to under his belt.
With former Brother Martin tailback Jared West now at Northwestern State, Jordan-Swilling is expected to carry the workload at running back for the Crusaders this season.
Jordan-Swilling has picked up five early scholarship offers: LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Florida and Michigan. All three predictions on his 247Sports Crystal Ball are in for the Tigers.
</section>

LSU's needs at linebacker in the 2016 class have been discussed ad nauseam, with many names being mentioned as possible candidates.
One name that seems to have faded in recent weeks, much to do with him announcing that he cancelled his official visit to LSU, is IMG Academy linebacker Rahshaun Smith. The 6-3, 220-pounder has since changed course, according to a source, and is expected to visit LSU for its contest against Florida on October 17.
Furthermore, a source stated that LSU "made a strong move for him." Over the past few weeks, Smith has found himself on the phone with LSU coaches quite often, and is being recruited to LSU by high school teammates Saivion Smith, a LSU cornerback commitment, and five-star defensive lineman Shavar Manuel. You read that right; uncommitted defensive lineman Shavar Manuel has been sharing his positive sentiments about LSU with his teammate.
After receiving that information I took to the phones. Not only did I confirm what I was told, a source close to the star linebacker stated that "LSU has moved up to the very top of the list" and "LSU may get all these IMG boys."
LSU is currently recruiting many of IMG's top prospects. LSU cornerback commitment Saivion Smith has been vocal about his efforts in recruiting for the Tigers, and it appears to be paying off. Rahshaun Smith is being recruited by LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond, with assistance from LSU linebacker coach and special teams coordinator Bradley Dale Peveto.
Raymond's recruiting efforts in Florida have been well documented, but pulling off a coup like this would vault him to legendary status as a recruiter by LSU fans.

2017 kid from Tenny Jacoby Stevens lands for LSU.....kid will be a top 10 overall before it is done I am sure

Anyone from Tenny here know about him?

OR anyone have any news from their area or squad?

I would be surprised if we see Stevens ever waver on this early pledge. Even though he’s a junior, he has always had LSU as the team to beat, and with family in the area and his love for LSU, this is one that I think sticks. The commitment had been in the works for some time, and he decided he wanted it out there now. That’s two commitments for 2017, with Stevens joining Louisiana native Tyler Shelvin on LSU’s commitment list. Shelvin is ranked as the No. 2 defensive tackle in the whole country, and after this weekend’s visit from five-star Marvin Wilson, I think LSU’s in really good shape for the No. 1 defensive tackle in next year’s class, too.

that's for Maineroad

LSU's needs at linebacker in the 2016 class have been discussed ad nauseam, with many names being mentioned as possible candidates.
One name that seems to have faded in recent weeks, much to do with him announcing that he cancelled his official visit to LSU, is IMG Academy linebacker Rahshaun Smith. The 6-3, 220-pounder has since changed course, according to a source, and is expected to visit LSU for its contest against Florida on October 17.
Furthermore, a source stated that LSU "made a strong move for him." Over the past few weeks, Smith has found himself on the phone with LSU coaches quite often, and is being recruited to LSU by high school teammates Saivion Smith, a LSU cornerback commitment, and five-star defensive lineman Shavar Manuel. You read that right; uncommitted defensive lineman Shavar Manuel has been sharing his positive sentiments about LSU with his teammate.
After receiving that information I took to the phones. Not only did I confirm what I was told, a source close to the star linebacker stated that "LSU has moved up to the very top of the list" and "LSU may get all these IMG boys."
LSU is currently recruiting many of IMG's top prospects. LSU cornerback commitment Saivion Smith has been vocal about his efforts in recruiting for the Tigers, and it appears to be paying off. Rahshaun Smith is being recruited by LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond, with assistance from LSU linebacker coach and special teams coordinator Bradley Dale Peveto.
Raymond's recruiting efforts in Florida have been well documented, but pulling off a coup like this would vault him to legendary status as a recruiter by LSU fans.

View attachment 39528

LSU lands 4 star in state Michael Divinity

A HUGE get as LBs are a major need....30 offers from the usual suspects. Huge

I wanted to take the chance to reset things and lay out where DB recruiting stands right now.
For a reminder, last February LSU signed a solid class of three guys with this group:
Kevin Toliver - 5-star
Donte Jackson - 5-star
Xavier Lewis - 4-star

Toliver is already starting at CB opposite Tre’Davious White and, with Jalen Mills injured, we’ve seen Corey Raymond start to test out Jackson in the nickel in place of Dwayne Thomas.
When you look at next year’s roster, it’s highly likely that White goes pro as a junior in January. Then you have Mills set to graduate. So that leaves…
Safety…
Corey Thompson - Sr.
Rickey Jefferson - Sr.
Jamal Adams - Jr.
John Battle - Jr.
Xavier Lewis - RS Fr.
Cornerback…
Dwayne Thomas - Sr.
Kevin Toliver - So.
Ed Paris - Jr.
Donte Jackson - So.
Russell Gage - RS So.
So far Raymond has been able to reel in five commitments at defensive back for February’s signing class…
Saivion Smith - 5-star CB
Eric Monroe - 5-star S
Greedy Williams - 4-star CB
Cameron Lewis - 4-star S
Clifford Chattman - 3-star ATH
Smith is very solid to LSU and I don’t see him changing things up at all. His official visit to LSU is scheduled for this weekend.
Monroe has told the Texas A&M staff that he’s solid to LSU and has grown close enough to the program and his future coaches and teammates that he’s no longer interested in hearing out other schools. So he’s solid unless we see some unexpected shift between now and February.
Williams and Chattman have both maintained they are solid and haven’t taken any visits, though Lewis did go see TCU take down Texas in Fort Worth a couple weeks back. Still, Lewis - a Monroe native - said he remains solid with his pledge to Raymond and LSU.
So where do things go from here?
I feel pretty confident in saying that LSU will land a commitment from Kristian Fulton, who is currently ranked as a Top 50 prospect and the No. 4 cornerback in the 2016 class. So that’s one more you can expect to be in the class by February.
For a long time I had been confident in Florida’s Trayvon Mullen picking LSU. I still think there’s a real shot he does (and one very solid source still thinks he's going to end up at LSU), but I think FSU is running 50-50 now. Mullen’s mom and brother visited FSU without him at the end of the summer and I think things started shifting towards the Seminoles because of it. But I can tell you that LSU is still recruiting him and both LSU and FSU will host him on an official visit in January. So with Mullen, it’s safe to say that the real battle will come just a few weeks before NSD. Don't count him out though. LSU is still recruiting him hard.
LSU is willing to take one more safety if it’s the right guy, and priority No. 1 has been Deontay Anderson. Anderson is the No. 3 safety in the country right now and the staff absolutely loves his game. With Monroe already on board, a commitment from Anderson would give the Tigers two of the top three safeties in the country for this recruiting class. Anderson will take another unofficial visit to Baton Rouge this weekend for the Florida game, then will return to LSU later on for his official visit. I have LSU as a dark horse in this one and definitely think there’s a chance he winds up a Tiger.
Here’s someone to keep an eye on this weekend: Georgia’s Nigel Warrior. He’s going to drive to LSU on Saturday for an unofficial visit. The Crystal Ball is split evenly between Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia, but LSU is still recruiting him. He’s ranked right now as a Top 50 prospect and No. 4 safety in the class.
If those guys don’t end up at LSU and they still want a safety in late January, expect them to push for Tennessee four-star Joejuan Williams.
I’ll also add that I haven’t heard much materializing with in-state cornerbacks Shyheim Carter or Kyle Meyers, though both have offers from LSU. Carter was committed to Alabama but seems to be favoring the Tide and Georgia now that he’s reopened his process. He just hasn’t shown LSU a lot of interest even though they have recruited him. Meyers remains committed to FSU and says he’s solid to the Seminoles, and LSU isn't pressing him to change his mind.

• <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="40245520"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="1">
  • <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="40245520"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="2">

Ok guys buckle up....
We passed along the visitor list on Tuesday with the official visitors and most of the in-state guys that we had confirmed with were coming in. Sonny and I made a huge round of texts last night and we’ve been able to confirm more guys coming in.
Here’s where things stand…
The five official visitors are going to be LSU commitment Saivion Smith and his two IMG teammates in Shavar Manuel and Rahshaun Smith. The other two official visitors are five-star OT Greg Little and current LSU WR commitment Dee Anderson.
The other committed guys coming in this weekend will be unofficial visitors, meaning they will get to save their official visit to later in their recruiting process. That group includes Ed Alexander, Donavaughn Campbell, Andre Anthony, Feleipe Franks, Greedy Williams, Jakori Savage, Caleb Roddy, Eric Monroe, Cameron Lewis, Glen Logan, Erick Fowler, Micheal Divinity and Connor Culp.
That’s nearly every single committed guy set to be on campus this weekend, so that’s huge.
Then there’s this group of uncommitted guys who are set to be in town. This group of guys from 2016 is really impressive. Tons of top targets on here…
Devin White - RB
Ross Blacklock - DT
Keion Joyner - LB
Deontay Anderson - S
Nigel Warrior - S
Drake Davis - WR
Stephen Sullivan - WR
Joejuan Williams - S
Chancellor Johnson - QB
Shyheim Carter - CB
Kingston Davis - RB
A few of the guys committed to other schools that we’ve confirmed will be in Baton Rouge are Kyle Meyers (FSU), Irv Smith (TAMU) and Cam Dantzler (MSU).
There is a chance, per one source, that Alabama linebackers Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson both come to Baton Rouge this weekend on unofficial visits. So keep an eye on that.
When looking at next year’s 2017 crop, LSU is going to have the chance to host a lot of the top targets this weekend.
Right now they have two commitments in DT Tyler Shelvin and ATH JaCoby Stevens. Shelvin is set to be at the game this weekend, which will be his third trip to Baton Rouge so far this season.
Here’s a rundown on some of the uncommitted guys that we’ve confirmed with as coming in for the game…
Louisiana: Dylan Moses, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Todd Harris, Adrian Ealy, Chris Allen, Trey Coleman, Dennis Collins, Cheyenne Labruzza, Patrick Queen, Kendric Haynes, Ben Miles, Aaron Moffitt
Texas: Jeffrey Okudah, Austin Deculus
Note … Okudah is the No. 1 safety in the country for 2017, while Deculus is ranked as a Top 100 prospect at OT.
Alabama: Malcolm Askew, Will Ignont
Note … Askew is a Top 150 prospect right now and the No. 12 ATH in the 2017 class, while Ignont is at No. 103 overall and the No. 4 middle linebacker for next year.
Tennessee: Maleik Gray, Trey Smith
Note … Gray and Smith are both Top 50 prospects for 2017, with Gray ranked as the No. 3 ATH in the country and Smith ranked as the No. 5 OT in the country.
Georgia: William Poole III, LeAnthony Williams Jr.
Note … Poole is a Top 150 prospect and the No. 11 CB in the 2017 class, while Williams is ranked as a Top 200 prospect and the No. 16 CB in the class.
Florida: Alex Leatherwood
Note … The Top247 Alabama commitment out of Pensacola is ranked as the No. 20 OT in next year’s class.
So far the only 2018 visitors we’ve confirmed as coming are Verone McKinley and Devonta Jason. McKinley, a Texas native whose dad played at Texas Tech, is already ranked by 247 as the No. 7 CB prospect in the country. Of course, Jason is a New Orleans native playing at Landry-Walker, and 247 has him ranked as a Top 100 prospect and No. 6 WR in the 2018 class.
Stay tuned for much, much more coverage of this weekend’s recruiting whirlwind in Baton Rouge. Without a doubt the most impressive group of game visitors since last season’s Alabama game.

• <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="40247859"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="1">
  • <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="40247859"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="2">

4 star George Hill decommits from Ohio St, seems Sparty is making a push and this was coming

JOB/ Steed?

It was a very successful weekend recruiting the official visitors, especially the IMG boys. As we always say, even though you don’t hear a boom doesn’t mean nothing happened.. They got Saivion Smith and his father back on campus and he’s reaffirmed to the staff that he’s committed and is not looking elsewhere. I figured a time would come where FSU, UF, etc. were pressing him to flip and he would make some visits, but he’s not looking to do that. He’s locked in at LSU, which gives the Tigers the No. 2 cornerback in the country for the second year in a row. LSU already felt like they were ahead of Florida in the race for Shavar Manuel. This weekend was the icing on the cake from where I see it. He came with his uncle over the summer and they both loved it. This time, be brings his aunt and uncle for the best game environment of the year thus far, and they were blown away. Les Miles, Ed Orgeron and really the whole staff put in a lot work with Manuel and his family this weekend. I have my Crystal Ball pick already in and I’m keeping it there. As Ryan Bartow noted, after this weekend, there’s zero reason to change it.
Now, I just put in my Crystal Ball pick for Rahshaun Smith to commit to LSU. He came alone, but he really enjoyed things. This was his first chance to see LSU up close, and a lot of guys put in time with him - even Leonard Fournette. There were a few folks here who snapped pictures of the recruits before the game (it’s posted in one of the weekend recruiting threads, if you’re interested), and one moment that stood out to me was when Fournette skipped the whole line of recruits pre-game and ran down to hug Smith. The look on the faces of the IMG boys when that happened was priceless. We kind of forget how big of a deal Fournette is to these out-of-state kids who have never seen him in person, but that stuck out to Smith. Kevin Steele and Bradley Dale Peveto both went to a steak dinner with Smith on Friday night and courted him throughout the weekend. He’s originally from Maryland and has family back in the area wanting him to go there for college. But without a HC for the Terps and a coaching staff flip coming, this is the perfect chance for LSU to go in and make a move. Bartow, who is tied in at IMG and knows Smith personally, was the first to go ahead and predict LSU after he spoke to some people on Sunday. I can confirm that Smith will now come back for an unofficial visit with his mother for the Arkansas or Texas A&M game next month.
Drake Davis from IMG Academy also came in for an unofficial visit. He’s someone the staff will take in this class if he wants on board, though I still think Ole Miss holds the edge. But the good news is that he’s going to be back on his official visit before NSD.
***** Kristian Fulton had a game on Saturday night so he could not attend the LSU game. But I can pass along that his father was in Baton Rouge to watch practice on Thursday, then came the big news on Sunday. As Sonny wrote about in his update, Fulton’s father invited over Shavar Manuel’s aunt and uncle plus Saivion Smith’s father for ribs and all the fixings on Sunday after there visit was complete. So once they technically couldn’t be at LSU any longer on an official visit, they killed the rest of their time before the flights left hanging with Kristian and his father. Remember, Kristian’s dad did the same thing for Manuel’s uncle and Smith’s dad over the summer after their last visit to Louisiana. Of course, all this and Kristian isn’t even committed to LSU. Yet. My Crystal Ball pick remains in for LSU and I’m not changing it. Corey Raymond loves Fulton’s game and really wants him in the class, and he and Frank Wilson have made the Rummel standout a priority since his recruiting process began.
Here’s the pic of Shavar’s aunt and uncle hanging out with Kristian at his home.

***** 5-star and No. 1 OT Greg Little was on campus from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon, and he brought his mother and grandmother along with him. Jeff Grimes spent pretty much the entire weekend with those three, from meals to meetings. I’m told Grimes feels very good about keeping current OL commitments Donavaughn Campbell and Jakori Savage on board, and they were both here this weekend. He would like to add at least one more offensive linemen to the mix and Little and Willie Allen are the top priorities right now. He’s got two more official visits to go, and I’m guessing they will be to Ole Miss and Alabama. I expect his recruiting process to play out until the end.
***** LSU running backs coach Frank Wilson continues to make Devin White the only target at RB in this class. There was some chatter over the summer that White was leaning elsewhere, but I don’t see it. He’s made multiple trips down for games this year already, and he still hasn’t used his official visit to LSU - so the Tigers will have that full weekend to come where they can get his whole family down again. He was here on Saturday decked out in his LSU gear, including a Leonard Fournette shirt. I would be very surprised if he goes elsewhere.
***** Just to play catch up on this with the Louisiana guys, but I have felt like Michael Divinity, Devin White, Kristian Fulton, Willie Allen and Rashard Lawrence would all be Tigers. Well, Divinity is now on board, and I feel as good as ever with the other four boys from the Boot. Lawrence and Allen were not here this weekend, but I still feel confident with where things stand with LSU. Right now, I predict the whole group of those five will sign with the Tigers.
***** There were three somewhat unexpected five-star visitors this weekend, all coming in from Alabama. LB Lyndell Wilson, DL Marlon Davidson and OT Tank Davis. I think Wilson will probably end up at Alabama, but Florida is the team I have out front for him. LSU really wants Ben Davis in this class, but it’s going to be hard to steal an Alabama legacy, and he wasn’t in with the group this weekend though he does plan to take his official visit to LSU next month. Davis is a 2018 kid, so a long, long way to go there. But he’s one of the top tackles in the nation and Grimes has been after him early. He offered him this offseason and has gotten Davis on campus twice since then. All three guys came together this weekend. Wilson is also expected back on an official visit.
***** LSU got Texas safety Deontay Anderson in town again for a visit. LSU will get his final official visit in January right before National Signing Day. I think I’m still the only person on 247 who has a Crystal Ball pick in for Anderson to choose LSU, and I have been standing by that just because of the work Corey Raymond has put in and knowing that he’s going until NSD, so there’s time to make up ground. I think Ole Miss has the edge right now, but it’s closer than it was six months ago.
***** LSU got WR commitment Dee Anderson in this weekend. He was supposed to take his official visit to LSU with the other four guys, but his mom couldn’t get off work and she wants to be there with him for the official. So he’s going to take that visit later on, and decided he would find a ride down for the game against Florida for an unofficial visit. I saw him hanging with all the committed guys before the game, and he told Sonny in yesterday’s update that he remains solid with his commitment as LSU has stood by him throughout the process.
***** LSU QB commitment Feleipe Franks was back on campus again. He came with his mom and dad, and all three of them were on the sidelines before the game watching the guys warm up. Cam Cameron and Bradley Dale Peveto remain after Franks as much as possible, and he told me after his Army All-American jersey presentation this week that he’s 100-percent solid to LSU and plans to enroll early in January.
***** A guy we haven’t talked a lot about is Patterson WR Mykel Jones. He’s a really talented four-star in-state prospect, and he’s had an LSU offer for a long time, but he’s really been interested in finding more out about the out-of-state schools. USC was really making a move on him, but not sure how much the coaching changes will effect things there. Tennessee and Alabama are two teams to watch for. And Ole Miss has tried hard to get him. LSU wants another WR in this class if it’s the right guy, and they would certainly take Jones if he wanted on board. Interested to see if he now sets up an official visit to LSU as that would show he’s got some legit interest in the Tigers.
***** The five-star visitors from Alabama sort of stole the show on that front with LSU fans this weekend, but there was another underclassmen from Alabama that visited on Saturday: Will Ignont. He’s the No. 4 middle linebacker in the 2017 class and already has an LSU offer. This wasn’t his first visit to Baton Rouge, either. At 6-foot-2 and 238 pounds, he’s got great size and is already one of the more coveted defensive prospects in the Southeast for next year. Alabama and Auburn have also already offered him, so it was good for the staff to be able to get him in this weekend for another look at the campus on a game day.
***** A five-star underclassmen who showed up for his first LSU visit for a game was Texas junior Jeffrey Okudah. I spotted him hanging with all the elite guys on the sidelines by the tunnel after warm ups, and those are the guys that get to stop and chat with all the coaches right before the game starts. Stanford might be the team to beat right now, with Baylor also in the mix. Ohio State is now making their charge, too. LSU will be recruiting him, though. Right now he’s the No. 2 player in Texas for next year.
***** I’ll share this story on linebacker Keion Joyner, and as wild as it as, I bet nobody here will be surprised to hear it. So, Joyner requested tickets to the game and told Bartow that he was coming in (even told him he was on the way), so we put him on the expected visitor list last week on the site. Well, this morning I followed up with a source (who would definitely know..) to ask if they saw Joyner. They didn’t see him. But.. he signed in and got his tickets, and he told Bartow he was there and even tweeted about Baton Rouge. Very odd, but I guess not too shocking. I think it’s all a moot point though. Bartow told me late Sunday evening that he had switched his Crystal Ball pick and was fully expecting Joyner to eventually commit to Florida State.
***** Expect a visit from four-star CB Trayvon Mullen this weekend. He’s coming in for the Western Kentucky game. It’s an LSU vs. FSU battle with at least one LSU source still feeling pretty confident about things. I spoke to an FSU source who said Mullen has not given the Noles a silent or anything like that, but the increased confidence is coming after his mother and brother went on a visit to Tallahassee right before the season started. He’s going to take visits in January, too, so this one will drag out.
***** I will end with a monster note. We all know how hard Ed Orgeron has been working on Rashan Gary. Well, there’s been discussions between both parties and now there’s a chance Gary visit LSU again in November. But it will not be an official visit. If things go as planned, it will be his third unofficial visit to LSU in the span of four months. He will then take an official visit after that. If that happens, I think momentum might swing again. Stay tuned on that front.

3 Star QB(pro) Jack Abraham says he is still a hard commit to Tulane despite a Cal offer......most think he will not hold

With the incredible development of Tanner Lee and the struggles of Cal QB's historically with Tedford and now Sykes, it would be hard to imagine him passing on Tulane for the Cal program.

With the incredible development of Tanner Lee and the struggles of Cal QB's historically with Tedford and now Sykes, it would be hard to imagine him passing on Tulane for the Cal program.

24-7 has him crystal balled to Cal heavily

I guess we will see

Where is he from? Proximity to home remains the most underrated aspect of recruit projection. Recruiting is certainly not as regional as it was 20 years ago, but tons of kids don't want to be 2000 miles from Momma

BAR you think y'all get Gary?

We'll see how many officials he takes...

He is enamored with the South(and I don't think that is the cash portion to be honest).

Mich definitely the leader, as of now, but that can swing.

And I say this laughing but it is huge to him...a big part of his recruitment is where he can get the best food near campus...

We'll see how many officials he takes...

He is enamored with the South(and I don't think that is the cash portion to be honest).

Mich definitely the leader, as of now, but that can swing.

And I say this laughing but it is huge to him...a big part of his recruitment is where he can get the best food near campus...

yea he has mentioned food quite a bit....Momma loves LSU and I think he does too

Seems Mich is the one to beat though.......And Aub and Bama in the South

Where is he from? Proximity to home remains the most underrated aspect of recruit projection. Recruiting is certainly not as regional as it was 20 years ago, but tons of kids don't want to be 2000 miles from Momma

Oxford

yea he has mentioned food quite a bit....Momma loves LSU and I think he does too

Seems Mich is the one to beat though.......And Aub and Bama in the South

Mom loves Michigan big time too. She is about academics and obviously Mich is gonna win out in that department. UM has done a perfect recruiting pitch with Mom. We will see how it goes down when the time comes. I'd say it is a toss-up.

Having Peppers and Partridge here is obviously a big help.

I dont know if I ever told you this before Twinkie. Just saw your post about Miles flying to see teh Florida boys.

2007 or 2008 can't remember what year. There were 3 players from Sanford, Seminole HS. Andre Debose, Ray Ray Armstrong & Dyron Dye. Good friend of our family was actually the Starting Safety next to Ray Ray. Was their kicker too. Had a ton of D1 schollies for kicking but wanted to play Safety so he ended up at Delaware and too many injuries. Anyway well I went with a couple buddies to the game against Oviedo in Oviedo. That was Bortles team. It was the same weekend as LSU/Florida so Miles was in the state. Well he flew in a Helicopter to the neighboring field to come watch them play. Was pretty cool.

Yesterday DE/LB Travez Moore (6-4, 235, Bastrop, No. 24 on our list of Top LA Prospects) announced his commitment to LSU, according to Chuck Kingsbury of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Those of you who follow DandyDonLSU on Twitter know this already, as I tweeted the news yesterday afternoon. However, since that time, I have decided to hold off on adding Moore’s name to our list of LSU commitments after being told that there are concerns about him qualifying academically. If things work out for Moore to be a part of this Tiger class, LSU would be getting a talented prospect who could see playing time as an outside linebacker or could bulk up a bit and play defensive end. NFL and College Football analyst Mike Detillier says Moore reminds him of former Tiger DE Jermauria Rasco and calls him an “edge pressure guy who has quick feet and gets off the snap fast.” Moore’s offer list includes schools like LSU, TCU, South Carolina, Mississippi State Florida and others, but often offers come with contingencies, as appears to be the case this time.

ehhhh, doubt this sticks

plus not sure we would have room for him with the 5 stars left to grab:tiphat:

so it looks like a disconnect from player to staff

Miles and LSU and been upfront with him and grades are an issue.....He declares LSU and LSU aint ready to give up the spot LOL

LA is loaded with this 3 star talent Sci Martin is on that likely goes to TCU.....and many expected Travez to pick TCU too

There will be a long list of recruits at this weekend’s showdown in Tuscaloosa between No. 2 LSU and No. 4 Alabama.
From Louisiana prospects from 2016 to 2018 to some of the top targets across the Southeast, it’s a lengthy list of visitors that will rival any guest list in the SEC this season.
Here’s the rundown on which LSU targets are expected in Bryant Denny Stadium on Saturday night to watch the Tigers and the Tide.
[h=2]The Commitments[/h]LSU is still recruiting two players currently committed to Alabama, and both will be in attendance for the game this weekend in 2016 defensive tackle Raekwon Davis and 2018 offensive tackle Dare Rosenthal.
Davis is a four-star prospect out of Mississippi who the LSU staff has been recruiting hard the past year, even hosting him twice for visits during the offseason with an official visit still to come. Rosenthal, a Louisiana native and current high school sophomore, jumped on an early offer from the Tide, but the Tigers have since also offered him a scholarship and have begun recruiting him for the 2018 class.
Alabama will host four recruits of note to LSU fans who happen to be committed to other schools - including one Tiger pledge.
LSU commitment Donavaughn Campbell will make the trip from Ponchatoula to Tuscaloosa for the game. He’s been recruited hard by both schools, but has maintained that he’s solid to the Tigers. Alabama will also host Auburn defensive line commitment Marlon Davidson, who visited LSU for the win over Florida. The Tide will also host a pair of Louisiana underclassmen in 2017 quarterback Lowell Narcisse and 2017 athlete Devonta Smith. Narcisse is committed to Auburn, while Smith gave an early pledge to Georgia. Both continue to be recruited by LSU’s staff.
[h=2]Uncommitted Prospects[/h]The list of uncommitted recruits in town for the game who are still being recruited by both teams is a lengthy one.
Five-star offensive tackle Gregory Little will be in for a visit, with his decision set to be announced the following weekend. Little recently made an official visit to LSU.
Louisiana’s No. 1 prospect, Rashard Lawrence, will be in the stands after being heavily recruited by both schools throughout his recruitment.
Alabama linebackers Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson will both make the trip, with both players set to make official visits to LSU next weekend for the Arkansas game, meaning they will see the Tigers in action two weeks in a row. Wilson visited LSU for the win over Florida last month.
Oluwole Betiku, a five-star and one of the nation’s top defensive ends, will make the trip from California.
Georgia’s Nigel Warror, the nation’s No. 4 safety prospect, is on the visitor list, as is Mississippi’s top prospect in defensive end Jeffery Simmons. Both have offers from LSU and Alabama.
A number of Louisiana natives from the 2016 class will be in attendance in four-star wide receiver Drake Davis, four-star cornerback Shyheim Carter, four-star wide receiver Mykel Jones and four-star running back Devin White. All four guys have LSU offers and have visited Baton Rouge for the game against Florida.
For the 2017 class, the nation’s No. 1 prospect and Baton Rouge native Dylan Moses will be in Tuscaloosa for the game. Alabama and LSU have been the two teams that have recruited Moses the hardest so far.
Deangelo Gibbs, the nation’s No. 1 cornerback prospect, will be in attendance from Georgia, as will fellow Peach State native and outside linebacker Jaden Hunter, Alabama linebacker Will Ignont (who has made multiple LSU visits) and Texas linebacker Anthony Hines. All four are Top 150 prospects for the 2017 class.
Two more Louisiana prospects that will make the drive to Alabama for the game are U-High offensive tackle Adrian Ealy, who holds an LSU offer, and West Monroe defensive end Dennis Collins.
Tank Jenkins, a 2018 offensive line prospect who holds offers from both schools, will see the Tigers in action after driving to Baton Rouge to see LSU’s win over Florida.

TX gets surprise 3 star LA native Malcolm Roach. I think he had an LSU offer, but likely no room for this kid.

Recruited by Brick Haley, TX is starting to try and get some LA kids as they now 3 for 2016.....nothing of huge talent, but it looks like Brick is paying off

Bama scoops 4 star Trevon Diggs(younger bro of rookie sensation Minny WR) outta MD

kinda unexpected, wonder if it holds

maybe Timh helps here?

Gotta get these kids coaches up totally...two team SEC and you got blasted by the better team...

Back