***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

Two commits from Louisiana today: ​Joshua Perry a 3 star DB from Amite High School, and 2018 OT Dare Rosenthal from Ferriday High School. Any word on these two Twinkie?

Two commits from Louisiana today: ​Joshua Perry a 3 star DB from Amite High School, and 2018 OT Dare Rosenthal from Ferriday High School. Any word on these two Twinkie?

The Perry kid had an offer, but maybe he saw what LSU has back there already......that one may not be over yet

Rosemthal is a big kid....2018 so doubt that one is over yet either, but no idea there

In football recruiting news, yesterday I mentioned a five-star defensive tackle who would be visiting LSU this Summer, and yesterday I learned of a five-star linebacker who will visit LSU later this month for the Bayou Picnic. The linebacker is Lyndell Wilson (6'2", 230) of Montgomery, Alabama, and he’s a great one. Linebacker is probably the biggest position of need for LSU’s 2016 class, and Wilson is far from the only big-time linebacker on LSU’s radar. Other top LB targets include Keion Joyner of Havelock, NC (who has family in Abbeville, LA) and Louisiana’s own Michael Divinity of John Ehret High School (6'2", 200, No. 8 on our list of Top LA Football Prospects for 2016).

pretty sure Lydell is just going to enjoy BR

We feel pretty good on Wilson I've heard. As to your other post, I don't expect to hang onto a 2018 commit from out of state. Not sure how good he is, but he's got the framework to be an elite OT

QB Dwayne Haskins announcing today

Maryland can't afford to miss here.....there are LSU ties, but with F. Franks on deck shouldn't matter

Your way ahead of me lol...really haven't paid attention admittedly but I will check it out. Thanks for the heads up and man we really needed a qb so I am happy to hear.

he looks like a really good one

lotta offers, I know we offered him too and Bama as the article says

In football recruiting news, one could say that LSU is getting Greedy with its defensive backs haul as Coach Miles picked up a commitment from yet another big-time D-back at yesterday’s Bayou Picnic. Of course I’m referring to Andreaz “Greedy” Williams (CB, 6-1, 175) of Calvary Baptist, who is one of the state’s premier cornerbacks. Williams, No. 21 on our list of Top Louisiana Prospects, chose LSU over offers from Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and several other programs. Williams had a great showing at the Nike Opening Regional Qualifiers in Dallas this spring where he received defensive back MVP honors. That showing also helped earn him an invite to the prestigious Nike Opening Camp In Beaverton, Oregon which will take place July 7-10th. With Williams’ pledge, LSU’s 2016 recruiting class now has 10 commitments (three of which are defensive backs) and is ranked No. 6 in the nation, according to 247Sports.

The Greedy thing is strange.....many other offers out for DBU....some more cherished too

this aint over

pressitup:

Kristian Fulton is expected to visit TAMU......this wknd. Greedy committed to LSU and many thought he was a TAMU dude.....Fulton is more highly thought of...

Any insight here?

both are LA kids btw..

There’s also good news to report on the football recruiting front as LSU picked up its 12th commitment for 2016 from defensive end Caleb Roddy of Denham Springs. Roddy (6-5, 241, No. 20 on our list of Top LA Prospects) is the player I mentioned last week whose recruitment has really been blowing up lately after strong performances on the camp scene but who was still waiting to get his LSU offer. Well, after an impressive showing at LSU’s camp, he got the long awaited offer yesterday and was quick to commit. Rowdy chose LSU over offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Texas A&M and several others. Here is Roddy’s highlight video. With his pledge, LSU’s 2016 recruiting class now contains 12 commitments and has moved up to No. 5 in 247Sports Team’ Rankings

boy Michigan is trying to get some kids from the South these days much more than in the past huh guys? (SEMCON)

boy Michigan is trying to get some kids from the South these days much more than in the past huh guys? (SEMCON)

They used to go more South, Texas and Cali back in the day...

RR wanted little guys from Florida...a couple worked out(Denard, Gallon)...Hoke wanted to shore up Michigan and get a piece of Ohio and rest of Midwest...

gps how are ya'll feeling about Willie Allen these days?

I haven't heard anything, but seeing how we have taken a few OT commits and working hard on Greg Little, might be that he's looking elsewhere. Y'all feeling better about him? Or is he looking somewhere like Ole Miss or aTm?

LSU picked up another football commitment from this week’s camp as offensive tackle Jakori Savage announced his commitment last night. Savage (OT, 6-6, 285, Bay Minette, AL) has been kind of flying under the radar, so to speak, but had a big showing at this week’s camp under the watchful eyes of Coach Les Miles and offensive line coach Jeff Grimes. Savage chose LSU over SEC offers from South Carolina and Kentucky, as well as offers from a handful of smaller programs including Tulane. Here are Savage’s video highlights. With his pledge, LSU’s 2016 recruiting class now contains 13 commitments and is up to No. 4 in 247Sports’ Team Rankings. In this article by AL.com, Savage’s high school coach says that Savage is a good candidate to redshirt as a freshman so that he can gain a little weight, but that he sees him as a draft pick in five years.

I haven't heard anything, but seeing how we have taken a few OT commits and working hard on Greg Little, might be that he's looking elsewhere. Y'all feeling better about him? Or is he looking somewhere like Ole Miss or aTm?

better, but who knows these days

know him gps?

I think he was a guy that was on our radar, but hadn't received serious interest as of yet. From what I've heard, he is a definite SEC-level prospect. I imagine his stock will go up as the summer and his senior year progress. Good pick up. Will probably pave the way for LSU running for 275+ yards on us in 2018

Looking like Alabama will pick up two immediately eligible transfers: Kennedy Estelle and Richard Mullaney. Estelle is an OT that was kicked off of Texas' team for substance abuse. Mullany is a grad transfer WR from Oregon St. Don't know anything about either. Taking a guy that got kicked off another school's team doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. Veteran WR might be a good thing given that we have talent, but not a lot of experience there

It’s been a busy week on the recruiting front as LSU picked up another commitment, its third in less than a week, when defensive end Andre Anthony (6'3", 215, Edna Karr) pledged to be a Tiger. Defensive end is a big position of need in this class, and I’m glad to see LSU go after the best the state has to offer and land them quickly. With Anthony and recent LSU commit Caleb Roddy, the Tigers now have commitments from the two highest ranked DEs in the state. Anthony is a fierce pass-rusher who’s been lighting up the camp scene. He chose LSU over offers from Alabama, Texas A&M, Florida and many others. LSU’s 2016 recruiting class, which now includes 14 commitments, is quickly climbing the charts and is now at No. 3 on 247Sports’ Team Rankings. Here are Anthony’s video highlights.

Turning to football, yesterday I wrote about the Tigers’ lack of depth at linebacker, and right on cue LSU turned around and picked up a commitment from a big-time linebacker out of Texas - Erick Fowler (6-1, 232, Manor, TX). With Fowler’s pledge, the Tigers now have 15 commitments for 2016, six of which came in the last two weeks. One thing you might have noticed is that three of LSU’s recent commits – Fowler, Andre Anthony and Caleb Roddy – are all pass-rushing hybrid DE/OLB players, and that says a lot about the style of defense LSU is gearing up for. As noted by my friend Jimmy Smith of nola.com nearly two weeks ago, LSU's recruiting efforts point to a future shift to a 3-4 defense. That has become even more apparent in the 10 days since that article was written. As for Fowler, he’s a big-time pass rusher who chose LSU over offers from Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA and many others. Here are his video highlights.

LSU doing that work......as I said before, this is shaping up to be a number 1 top 3 kinda class

LSU is blazing hot on the recruiting trail and has now secured seven* commitments in the last three weeks, the latest coming from Rahssan Thornton (LB/DE, 6-3, 225) of Kileen, TX. Thornton, like LSU’s two previous commitments, is someone LSU targeted to add depth at its biggest position of need – linebacker. The New Orleans-born prospect chose LSU over offers from Texas, Michigan and California. With his pledge, the Tigers’ 2016 recruiting class is now ranked No. 1 in the Nation by Scout and No. 2 in the nation by 247Sports (behind Florida State). Here are Thornton’s video highlights.
*THIS JUST IN!* If you noticed that the this report was posted a few minutes later than usual, here’s why: Just a few minutes ago I learned that LSU picked up another huge commitment late last night when Eric Monroe pledged to be a Tiger! Monroe is the top-ranked safety in the nation according to 247Sports and is a huge get. He chose LSU over offers from Texas A&M, Texas, Florida, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and many others. Here’s a video of him in action. With Monroe’s pledge, LSU’s recruiting class is now the No. 1 class in the nation according to both 247Sports and Scout. It’s a great day to be a Tiger!
While LSU’s newest staff additions, DC Kevin Steele and DL Coach Ed Orgeron, have certainly bolstered LSU’s recruiting prowess, you might be surprised to hear that much of LSU’s success with this class can be credited to special teams coach Bradley Dale Peveto. Peveto is the primary recruiter for each of LSU’s last two linebacker commits – Erick Fowler and Rahssan Thornton - as well as safeties Eric Monroe and Cameron Lewis. Peveto was also very instrumental in the recruiting of quarterback Feleipe Franks. Hats off to Peveto and the entire staff for the excellent job they’re doing in recruiting.

4 star DE Khalid Kareem from Farmington, MI commits to Alabama. Was thought to be heavy Michigan lean.

4 star DE Khalid Kareem from Farmington, MI commits to Alabama. Was thought to be heavy Michigan lean.

He was a Silent to UM...he wants to go to Bama, family wants him close to home. His visit with Bama apparently was great last week and he won out over his parents...

He was a Silent to UM...he wants to go to Bama, family wants him close to home. His visit with Bama apparently was great last week and he won out over his parents...

I don't hold my breath with out of state commits who are being heavily pursued by closer top programs. Especially if there is family pressure to stay home.

We’ll start today’s report with some good news on the football front: Incoming freshman Arden Key has ben cleared and is scheduled to report to LSU in time for fall camp which begins August 5. Key, a 6-foot-5, 230-pound elite pass rushing defensive end who was clearly one of the stars of the 2015 class, is one of four signees who has yet to enroll at LSU. The other three are OL Chidi Valentine-Okeke, DB Jeremy Cutrer and WR Brandon Martin. Valentine-Okeke and Cutrer have not yet been cleared by the NCAA. Reportedly, Valentine-Okeke’s ACT score was flagged, and I’m not sure what’s up with Cutrer. If those two get things cleared up, they could also enroll when fall camp begins in August, although I’m not holding my breath on either. As for Martin, he had to go the JUCO route and will not play at LSU this year, but that was anticipated at the time of his signing

I didn't say it doesn't happen, just that I don't count them as part of the team until NSD, moreso than kids from in state or nearby. Plus, LC's mom is a little on the crazy side. No idea about Kareem's parents

I didn't say it doesn't happen, just that I don't count them as part of the team until NSD, moreso than kids from in state or nearby. Plus, LC's mom is a little on the crazy side. No idea about Kareem's parents

I was more kidding and lamenting

[h=1]LSU makes a move on 5-star DE Shavar Manuel during visit[/h]
<!-- /headline -->
corey-raymondjpg-0dc6c646a9389b2a.jpg

LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond. (LSU Sports Information)

Print Email
By James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM

<!-- /Byline -->
<iframe title="Twitter Tweet Button" class="twitter-share-button twitter-tweet-button twitter-share-button twitter-count-vertical" id="twitter-widget-0" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.55a4019ea66c5d005a6e6d9d41c5e068.en.html#_=1435674056253&count=vertical&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F06%2Flsu_makes_a_move_on_5-star_de.html&dnt=false&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F06%2Flsu_makes_a_move_on_5-star_de.html&size=m&text=LSU%20makes%20a%20move%20on%205-star%20DE%20Shavar%20Manuel%20during%20visit&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs.nola.com%2FWjSjS3L&via=nolanews" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" style="width: 55px; height: 61px; visibility: visible; position: static;" allowTransparency="true" data-twttr-rendered="true"></iframe>

<iframe name="f1203f40b028e15" width="55" height="1000" title="fb:share_button Facebook Social Plugin" src="http://www.facebook.com/v1.0/plugins/share_button.php?app_id=&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2F1ldYU13brY_.js%3Fversion%3D41%23cb%3Df3b000cf3052a9c%26domain%3Dwww.nola.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nola.com%252Ff32547ce940809%26relation%3Dparent.parent&container_width=0&href=http%3A%2F%2Fs.nola.com%2FWjSjS3L&locale=en_US&ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-share&sdk=joey&type=box_count&width=55" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="true" style="border: currentColor; width: 56px; height: 61px; visibility: visible; border-image: none;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe name="I0_1435674056423" width="100%" tabIndex="0" title="+Share" id="I0_1435674056423" src="https://apis.google.com/se/0/_/+1/sharebutton?plusShare=true&usegapi=1&width=&height=&annotation=vertical-bubble&action=share&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs.nola.com%2FWjSjS3L&gsrc=3p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.lPhlYH84LcA.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Ft%3Dzcms%2Frs%3DAGLTcCODXIAyCQmUcyCkZoq-0g2MWjPGFw#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh%2Conendinteraction%2Conload&id=I0_1435674056423&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&pfname=&rpctoken=28367192" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="margin: 0px; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 58px; height: 60px; visibility: visible; position: static;" data-gapiattached="true"></iframe>

<tbody>
[TD="align: left"]

<tbody>

<tbody>
Reddit

</tbody>

[/TD]
Email

</tbody>

[/TD]

</tbody>

<!-- /social_top -->

<!-- /social_mobile --> <!-- series --> [h=3]Latest Recruiting News[/h]
All Stories | All Videos

<!-- /series --> <!-- Aka Story Package --> <!-- gallery-preview --> <!-- /gallery-preview --> <!-- Aka Secondary Package -->

<!-- /storypackage -->
<!-- /#article_inset --> <!-- Article -->
LSU wrapped up a small, but important recruiting weekend as it hosted five-star cornerback commitment Saivion Smith, his father, five-star defensive end Shavar Manuel, and his uncle.
The duo is considered to be two of the premier prospects in the state of Florida, with Manuel making his first trip to Baton Rouge this weekend. LSU has quietly crept up his leader-board, but after this weekend, it's no longer a secret that the Tigers are in the mix.
The two spent nearly all weekend with LSU coaches, most notable defensive backs coach Corey Raymond, who is the lead recruiter for the IMG Academy standouts. When not with the staff, the two hung around a lot of current LSU players.
LSU standout sophomore defensive lineman Davon Godchaux spent a lot of time with Manuel, giving him a good read on what to expect as a freshman defensive lineman at LSU. Those conversations could prove to be vital as Manuel, much like Godchaux in 2014, wants to make an impact as a true freshman.
LSU safeties Jamal Adams and Jalen Mills have befriended Saivion Smith during prior visits, and they spent a lot of time around the prep teammates as well. Sources felt that LSU was in a good spot with Manuel prior to his visit, but see the Tigers as real threats now that he has departed from Baton Rouge. His uncle, one of the most influential family members in Manuel's life, was very comfortable with what he witnessed during his stay. LSU will now focus on getting Manuel's aunt, another influential person in his life, on campus in the near future.
There was a lot of chatter that Manuel may have committed to LSU this weekend. That's not the case, although sources say there was certainly some discussion about him being a Tiger. The LSU staff has a great understanding of how difficult it would be to secure a signature from the highly sought after Florida standout, and remain optimistically cautious about their standing with the 6-3, 290-pound prospect.
The duo are not expected to be back for LSU's July prospect camp, with IMG Academy starting its football schedule on July 20, but there is a possibility they could make it back to campus prior to that date, although it doesn't seem likely right now. Expect them to take official and unofficial visits to campus once the season starts, though

Yesterday I gave you a list of dates of interest leading up to the start of LSU football seasons, and today I’ve got a few more recruiting attractions to add to it. First, there is Nike’s The Opening and Elite 11 football camp finals which are this week in Oregon. Nike’s The Opening is the premier invitation-only football training and competition event in the country, and seven of LSU’s 17 commitments will be participating in it. The most popular component of the camp is the 7-on-7 team competitions, and some of them will be televised by ESPNU later this week. In an unusual twist of events, it turns out that all seven of LSU’s commitments will be playing on the same team, a group called Team SuperBad, and they’ll be joined by two of the Tigers’ biggest targets, Louisiana’s own Rashard Lawrence (DT, 6-4, 300, Neville, No. 4 on our list of Top LA Prospects) and Texas linebacker Dontavius Jackson (6-2, 239, Houston). Headlining the group is LSU quarterback commit Feleipe Franks (6-5, 220, Crawfordville, FL), who will also be participating in this week’s Elite 11 quarterback competition which begins today. For more on those events and LSU’s targets and commits playing in it, see this article by 247Sports.

Alabama Linebacker Ben Davis at the Elite 50 Experience in Orlando, Fla. (Amos Morale III, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune) Print Email
By Julie Boudwin, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune
Email the author
on July 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM, updated July 10, 2015 at 6:04 PM

<!-- /Byline -->
<iframe title="Twitter Tweet Button" class="twitter-share-button twitter-tweet-button twitter-share-button twitter-count-vertical" id="twitter-widget-0" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.9b77a1cb4bd14da06dfa5e2f65422c91.en.html#_=1436806816320&count=vertical&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F07%2Flsu_alabama_5-star_lb_ben_davi.html&dnt=false&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com%2Frecruiting%2Findex.ssf%2F2015%2F07%2Flsu_alabama_5-star_lb_ben_davi.html&size=m&text=Alabama%205-star%20LB%20Ben%20Davis%20%27anxious%27%20to%20visit%20LSU%20again%20&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs.nola.com%2FMyMP9jb&via=nolanews" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" style="width: 55px; height: 61px; visibility: visible; position: static;" allowTransparency="true" data-twttr-rendered="true"></iframe>

<iframe name="f3700cb21867e8a" width="55" height="1000" title="fb:share_button Facebook Social Plugin" src="http://www.facebook.com/v1.0/plugins/share_button.php?app_id=&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2FxRlIuTsSMoE.js%3Fversion%3D41%23cb%3Df514f0242010d%26domain%3Dwww.nola.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nola.com%252Ff2aa1ec424d86c%26relation%3Dparent.parent&container_width=0&href=http%3A%2F%2Fs.nola.com%2FMyMP9jb&locale=en_US&ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-share&sdk=joey&type=box_count&width=55" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="true" style="border: currentColor; width: 56px; height: 61px; visibility: visible; border-image: none;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe name="I0_1436806816488" width="100%" tabIndex="0" title="+Share" id="I0_1436806816488" src="https://apis.google.com/se/0/_/+1/sharebutton?plusShare=true&usegapi=1&width=&height=&annotation=vertical-bubble&action=share&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs.nola.com%2FMyMP9jb&gsrc=3p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.Rd2uMOYPmNM.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DQQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Ft%3Dzcms%2Frs%3DAGLTcCM6pDFYYHLCqQfYph3RGbw0u1QTMw#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh%2Conendinteraction%2Conload&id=I0_1436806816488&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nola.com&pfname=&rpctoken=8292682" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="margin: 0px; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 58px; height: 60px; visibility: visible; position: static;" data-gapiattached="true"></iframe>

<tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
Reddit

</tbody>

[/TD]
Email

</tbody>

[/TD]

</tbody>

<!-- /social_top -->

<!-- /social_mobile --> <!-- series --> [h=3]Latest Recruiting News[/h]
All Stories | All Videos

<!-- /series --> <!-- Aka Story Package --> <!-- gallery-preview --> <!-- /gallery-preview --> <!-- Aka Secondary Package -->

<!-- /storypackage -->
<!-- /#article_inset --> <!-- Article -->
Five-star Alabama linebacker Ben Davis visited LSU for the Tigers' Bayou Picnic a few weeks ago and the city of Baton Rouge made a lasting impression.
While in Beaverton, Ore. for Nike's The Opening, Davis told Scout.com that he's ready for another trip to Baton Rouge to see what else the Tigers have to offer.
"I really liked LSU," Davis said. "That was my first time there, and I'm anxious to get back and see more about it ... I got to see the stadium. Baton Rouge is really cool. I liked it down there."
In early June, the linebacker told NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune that the highlight of his visit to LSU was meeting head coach Les Miles.
LSU didn't sign a linebacker in its 2015 class and only signed one in its 2014 class so the Tigers are definitely looking for LBs this time round. Currently, the Tigers have commitments from linebackers Rahssan Thornton and Erick Fowler

By the time most of you are reading this I’ll be on my way to Baton Rouge to check out the elite football camp which got underway yesterday. Based on everything I’ve heard and read about Day 1, the amount of talent out there is nothing short of spectacular. One player who turned heads was LSU commit Andraez "Greedy" Williams (CB, 6'1", 175, Calvary Baptist) who reportedly ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds. A couple of other noteworthy tidbits from yesterday are that LSU’s biggest remaining in-state defensive tackle target, Rashard Lawrence (6'4", 300, Neville, No. 3 on our list of Top LA Prospects), was seen spending a lot of time with the coaches, and LSU’s 2017 in-state quarterback target, Lowell Narcisse (6'3", 200, St. James), stopped in for a visit before heading to Auburn tomorrow. As for the top performers in the day’s drills and testing, 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow says in this article that LSU linebacker commit Rahssan Thornton was “the best of the best” and he goes on to names six other standouts including LSU commits Feleipe Franks, Jamal Pettigrew and the aforementioned “Greedy” Williams.
I look forward to spending the morning out there today, and if I were to name the five players I look most forward to seeing, they would have to be the following:
Feleipe Franks
(QB, 6'5", 220, Crawfordville, FL)
Franks has been committed to LSU for over a year now and looks to be exactly the type of quarterback Coach Cameron can mold into a superstar. I had the pleasure of watching Franks work out in last year’s camp, and I’m looking forward to seeing how much he’s improved since then. Franks is coming off of a great showing at the Elite 11 quarterback camp where he was named the 5th best QB.
Devin White
(RB, 6'3", 258, North Webster, No. 1 on our list of Top LA Prospects for 2016)
Earlier this month, White checked in at Nike’s The Opening weighting 258 pounds and proceeded to run a laser-timed 4.49 40-yard dash. A man of his size running like that is something I’ve got to see.
Dexter Lawrence
(DL, 6'5", 300, Wake Forest, North Carolina)
Lawrence is considered by most to be the top nose tackle prospect in the country, and with LSU moving to more of a 3-4 defense, landing a big-time nose tackle has become a huge priority for defensive line coach Ed Orgeron. As of now, LSU signing Lawrence seems like a long-shot, but that could change once Coach O works his magic.
Rashan Gary
(DT, 6'4", 310, Paramus, New Jersey)
Gary is the top-ranked prospect in the nation for the class of 2016 and he represents a huge position of need for LSU. Like Dexter Lawrence, Gary has to be considered somewhat of a long-shot for LSU at this time, but weekends like this one will immensely help LSU’s chances. I’m hoping to get a chance to see Gary go up against Louisiana’s top-ranked offensive lineman, Willie Allen, which should tell us a lot about both players.
Dylan Moses
(LB/RB, 6'3", 225, University High)
Moses, a longtime LSU commit, is widely considered the top-ranked prospect in the nation for 2017. I’m anxious to see if LSU will have him working out solely with the linebackers or with the running backs as well. An interesting tidbit about Moses: According to tweets from Jimmy Smith and Andrew Lopez of nola.com, other prospects at the camp yesterday were asking to take pictures with Moses.

still looking like a unanimous(have had a few debated) number 1 class for the 1st time in LSU history

big weekend in BR

Raekwon Davis...my word....a Bama commit, but LSU is pushing hard for a flip

this dude is a BEAST...6-7 325....wow

Back