2015 US Open Thread

ksimpsc

Pretty much a regular
2015 Tennis Thread Ksimp

Hey guys here were my plays from yesterday on US Open I'll be back soon to post my plays from today and will continue to post plays. A little late to the party but better late than never

9/3
Bedene +120
Isner -415
Lisicki -175
Tomic -300

Last edited:
went 3-1 on 9/3

9/4 plays:
Cilic -450
Paire +135
Mladenovic -156
Tsonga -845
Vinci -320
Bouchard +120
Benicic -130
Nadal -365
Ferrer -170
Radwanska -160

Parlay: Goffin, Nadal, Cilic, Makarova, Vinci for +4 units

To win the Open: Serena -140

Last edited:
6-5 on the day taking me to 9-6 on the tourney

Nadal losing straight up hurt that nice little parlay that would have left me 8-3 and up a lot but hey thats what I get for taking the guy on hard after a shit season he has had. 2-0 Up a break in the third and he drops it so sad

Last edited:
Welcome brother. The more the better here in the tennis area. We have about 5-10 regulars. This year I've disappeared a lot but going to be around the rest of it

Awesome, thanks! Yea played tennis and huge fan but reserved the betting for football, bball, and some hockey. Was calling enough games on my own that I figured I needed to just jump in head first and see if I could swim. Treading water so far

late getting my plays in. had car trouble at the beach labor day weekend FML

Strycova +200(what a damn joke)
Strycova +1.5
Kerber +185
Kerber +1.5
Errani +250
Errani +1.5
Bellucci +1025
Bellucci +2.5

Young EV
Young +1.5

Troicki (Accidental phone lock on wrong guy for a small that cut into some of my winnings off young but still ok)
Tomic +315 (accidentally big play with the car trouble mess on the phone)
Tomic +5.5
Tomic +2.5

Garcia Lopez +580
Garcia Lopez +7
Isner -350 (cancel due to retire)

With the car troubles missed the number but took
Live Konata +143

Big card today hopefully some dogs will bark. Going to post another parlay in a bit

Last edited:
Can't blame you for taking Errani given Stosur's a headcase, but something feels different about Sam's efforts so far. Still, the Italian will ask all the questions of her. BOL:cheers3:

Yea man was thinking Errani would come hot out of the gate but it kind of went the other way to start the first. Errani battled so hopefully she can turn in the 2nd. Was feeling great about Lopez early too not so much now

I love the beach and love the fam but man this shit isn't helping matters. Go to take the car out today, got problems. Have to hastily make arrangements to take it in. On the way back from that I am placing bets on the phone, got the lady in my ear breaking my concentration and made a few mistakes that cost me some winnings but thats ok. Can't wait to be back at my desk and my rig on Monday.

Felt like gambling today and fortunately covered most of my ML bets with the spread or games.

9-6 coming into today. After today and the phone fiasco I am 17-15 but still up a good number of units. Not too bad considering I made an accidental big play on Tomic, accidental lay on Troicki, and that Strycova mess would have made all of this not matter anyways haha.

On to the next

for today:

Makarova -170
Cilic -200
Tsonga -305
Hingis/Mizra -370
Errani/Penetta -170
Murray/Peers -320

Parlay: Tsonga, Wawrinka, Federer, S Williams, Makarova, Kvitova, Azarenka

Got some money here on the favs, switch up from yesterday but just didn't like many of the dogs. Will be looking into some spreads and totals soon

Last edited:
bouchard +1.5 -175 2 units

they both had 3 set matches that weren't necessarily pretty. Bouchards was a bit longer of a match but I had a good week of CFB screw it ill take a little gamble on her.

Last edited:
As long as the Canadian is fit, I think she's again overpriced here. Vinci won't be getting the same effort she faced just before the USO, and the Italian's SLam for since she turned 31 & separated from Errani re doubles play has been poor by her previous standards. GL:cheers3:

As long as the Canadian is fit, I think she's again overpriced here. Vinci won't be getting the same effort she faced just before the USO, and the Italian's SLam for since she turned 31 & separated from Errani re doubles play has been poor by her previous standards. GL:cheers3:

Yea and I made this play before reading the news of the head injury. Lol can't wait to be back at my desk and off the beach. My tan is good enough at this point.

Yup after the news of the head trauma and doing a little more digging I am going to buy Vinci here back large and keep Bouchard +1.5 sets. If she has anything in her that may still be a strong bet but she won't win this match

Vinci -175

Last edited:
Thanks Wike for pointing it out. I will be at a stopping point soon to re evaluate. May just hedge off since I even all over on that one but did like Bouchard before misreading that if she is healthy

Kind of hoping she retires and bets cancelled. Surprised to hear possible concussion and doctors advising to not play the doubles but she is still in the draw for singles

To recap the day

Makarova -170
Cilic -200
Tsonga -305
Hingis/Mizra -370
Errani/Penetta -170
Murray/Peers -320

Parlay: Tsonga, Wawrinka, Federer, S Williams, Makarova, Kvitova, Azarenka

5-2 on the day taking me to 22-17
0-2 on parlays even though I bet that bitch cashes aside from stupid Makarova's crying ass. Sill parlay with that many and really only paying 4 units.

Got a few more plays in mostly dogs plus the sets but about to be on the road from the beach. BOL today everyone

With the drive from the beach and getting things ready for the week I have not been posting my plays aside from the ones in the open discussion thread.

Here were my added plays:
Crazy bet but I felt good about his play at the end of the second and took
Murray -200 and then took a smaller (10u total) but on him after the first break. My ass was tight that whole set. Way I capped the match beforehand I just felt there was no way he gets skunked. Almost did because he is a complainer and melting on the court.

Adferwards took Anderson for a small to win the match live -135

After watching the first set took Kovitiva for 6u live to win the match -275

To recap my plays from yesterday:

Young +2.5 -115
Stosur +1.5
Stosur +120

Anderson +2.5
Murray to win 3rd set -200 and +135 (13u biggest bet of the season)
small Anderson to win the match -120
Konta +1.5
Kvitova to win the match -220 (7u)
Isner +2.5
Gasquet +1.5
Gasquet +145

taking me to 29-21 on the weekend but biggest win of the season with those two big bets

Last edited:
9/8
mattek/querrey -170
Hingis/Mizra -350
Errani/Penetta -305
Mladenovic -170 (4units)
Mlad -1.5 +160 (1.5 unit)
4 units Cilic +1.5
3 units Tsonga -160

Last edited:
yea i have been riding tsonga lately and have him here despite his recent tour history against cilic. I will probably look at some other bets I saw some decent odds on 3-2 either way or a 3-1 cilic win so I will revise. It is a small play on Tsonga covered by cilic with some sets. I may be reading this completely wrong but Tsonga looks like he is playing strong right now and hasnt been on the court for more than 3 sets the whole tourney

tsonga 3-2 +525
Cilic 3-1 +485
Cilic 3-2 +625

taking another medium on Tsonga -156. Pretty much worst case scenario is Tsonga winning in straight sets in which I would end pretty much even with the money on Tsonga. Best cast scenario Tsonga wins in 5 like I think it will be close and I come in big time plus money or Cilic taking it in 5

LIVE Vinvi to win game 7 set 1 -185 (2 units)
LIVE Mlad to win game 8 set 1 -183 (1 unit)

watching this thing. slow start for mlad but she is shaking off the nerves and vinci is looking strong

cash em, thats the kind of service game from mlad i was looking for like from the other night

Add Serena -1.5 -220 for 2u
Actually my internet has been spotty all night and I do not see the ticket now that I am looking, may have gotten lucky with a non input

Last edited:
to recap the day:
mattek/querrey -170
Hingis/Mizra -350
Errani/Penetta -305

Mladenovic -170 (4units)
Mlad -1.5 +160 (1.5 unit)

4 units Cilic +1.5
3 units Tsonga -160
tsonga 3-2 +525 1 unit
Cilic 3-1 +485 1 unit

Cilic 3-2 +625 1 unit
LIVE Vinvi to win game 7 set 1 -185 (2 units)
LIVE Mlad to win game 8 set 1 -183 (1 unit)
Lopez +7.5

37-26
on the tournament and +4.5u on the day
thank you to Lopez for holding it together for a set for the icing.
also special shout to my internet. for all those times it fucked me from making a bet this time it did not make a loser.

Last edited:
9/9:
Hingis/Paes -310 5u
Mattek/Querrey -150 2u
Johnson/Querrey -205 2u
Garcia/Srebotnik 190 1u
Hingis/Mizra -255 4u

Thank Tmike pretty close. Tsonga pulled those two sets out of his ass he should have been toast.

adding Anderson +1.5 for 1u

Back