US Open - 2022 Official Thread & In-Game

Sinner may win a set big in 3/4, love them both but Alcatraz has definitely had more unbelievable points and hit lines/ran down balls by the skin of his teeth that will only start to slow/margin out as time goes on. Plus the way that 2nd set ended was huge

Ah you're trying too hard. Again.

Young Jack had his chance and choked again. A career plagued by choke jobs after Novak took his soul in England. Would have been a nice +300+ hit but I guess he does what he does.

Just turned 21, my bad. "A career plagued by choke jobs" means you're trying to hard. Not sure why.

Just turned 21, my bad. "A career plagued by choke jobs" means you're trying to hard. Not sure why.

No Joker, fluke injury to baby goat King K, and the the ginger costs me a small bag. Someone was going to be the recipient of my entire US Open rant and it was unfortunately little Jack.

He’s going to be good. Just wish he was a little better last night late.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
No Joker, fluke injury to baby goat King K, and the the ginger costs me a small bag. Someone was going to be the recipient of my entire US Open rant and it was unfortunately little Jack.

He’s going to be good. Just wish he was a little better last night late.
He can finally have a cock tail without a fake ID at least

Holy shit that set point for Ruud. The Yankees/RedSox game thought that point took forever.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
For the women final:

I’m personally rooting for Jabeur. I watched her play at Louis last week and thought she looked like a beast. In WTA two things play either being a beast or being consistent. Swaitek can’t overpower many opponents and really the Sabalenka match was mostly on Sabalenkas racket, but she just makes too many unforced errors going for big shots. Jabeur can battle with Swaitek and may have a decent portion of the match on her racket to dictate pace. Swaitek is favored and for good reason but could be a breakout spot of Jabeur.

For men final:

I think Alcaraz is going to kick the shit out of Ruud. He has been the up and coming Norwegian and even made the French open this year but has arguably a very easy road to a us open final. Most of his good showings are on clay and has already been taken to deep sets by lesser grinders like Tommy Paul.

Alcaraz is something special. The incarnation of Nadal reborn. He plays almost the exact same way except surprisingly has more power than nadal on his flat forehands and seeing him spike those cross court when people pressure his net is amazing. Same as Nadal where nothing seems to phase him. He played great with the crowd wanting Tiafoe to win and now will be the obvious crowd favorite.

Back