2015 Free Agent Signing Tracker

If you think Murray and McCoy are negligible/interchangeable parts (I do), the trade is essentially McCoy for Murray and Alonso. I like that trade for Philly.

I think if your line is good, you'll rush for a lot of yards.

Take this past Browns season as a small sample. Before Alex Mack got hurt, the Browns were the #1 rushing team in the NFL, with rookies and castaways at RB, winning games in which Hoyer only had to complete 10 passes. After Mack got hurt, the Browns were instantly the worst rushing team in the NFL, for the rest of the year. One lineman down, first to worst.

I think if your line is good, you'll rush for a lot of yards.

Take this past Browns season as a small sample. Before Alex Mack got hurt, the Browns were the #1 rushing team in the NFL, with rookies and castaways at RB, winning games in which Hoyer only had to complete 10 passes. After Mack got hurt, the Browns were instantly the worst rushing team in the NFL, for the rest of the year. One lineman down, first to worst.

I generally agree. In this case, getting Murray was even more important because Philly stole him away from division rival Dallas.

I hope he is a monumental bust for Philly. Fumble prone, and won't get the lanes he got in Dallas. Can't wait to see Sean Lee lay him the McClain lay him the fuck out.

Saints are close to signing Browner with that freed up cap space we got from trading Ben Grubbs away.

stills is on the block. basically the entire roster seems to be.

complete fire sale!

Adam SchefterDeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

That makes more sense...that deal is not $6 mil/yr, it's over $8 mil/yr. That's a 60% increase from the deal he was apparently offered by Dallas for $5 mil/yr.

Good for him, and good for Philly. Will be interesting to watch those 2 Cowboys/Eagles games this year, that's for sure.

This quote by Murray is such BS, and exactly what I mentioned earlier. If you're leaving for money, be a man and say it. He didn't "take it a long time ago," because it wasn't nearly as much as he's going to get in Philly. Ugh.

"It was never about the money...I could've taken that a long time ago," Murray said, via ESPN's Todd Archer. "It's about winning a Super Bowl [and] being fair."

But Philly is closer to a SB than Dallas. You like data, go look at it.

They may be. They're pretty close I'd imagine. What are you basing it on that you found data saying that?

OL play is practically equal (Dallas #1 overall, but Philly #1 run blocking), QB is better in Dallas, WRs are better in Dallas. Philly's defense is better than Dallas' I'd imagine most would say. Anything else?

Dallas is 18/1 to win the SB
Philly is 25/1 to win the SB

Those odds were coming into today, before either of them signed Murray. Obviously those are simply Vegas odds, and are not the 'end all be all,' but it seems Dallas is closer to winning the SB than Philly is in the eyes of the Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints are close to signing Browner with that freed up cap space we got from trading Ben Grubbs away.

stills is on the block. basically the entire roster seems to be.

complete fire sale!

will be interesting to see how he does without an elite cb on the other side...

I'm just fucking with you, Lar. I still don't trust him late in a close game late in the season, or in the playoffs, but he didn't help me out with much evidence last year or so.

Really like what the Jets and Bills have done. That division is improving. Not a big fan of Suh signing, but obviously that improves Miami as well.

I'm just fucking with you, Lar. I still don't trust him late in a close game late in the season, or in the playoffs, but he didn't help me out with much evidence last year or so.

In the past three seasons, Romo has 11 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime. that's numero uno.

In the past three seasons, Romo has 11 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime. that's numero uno.

He's one of the best 4th quarter QBs of all time. Don't try reasoning with Tip...he doesn't like Romo because "his gut" and "his vibes" tell him that Romo sucks. Oh yeah, and Romo fumbled that one snap in Seattle almost 10 years ago now, so he's a choke artist.

I think Tip meant that Romo didn't show him any evidence last year that Tip is correct (it was a back handed compliment to Romo)....when he really hasn't shown much evidence to support Tip's position all along (except for that fumble in Seattle, of course). Romo does have some 4th quarter INTs, but so does every QB who has ever played football.

:shake:

but p unit does say they have a terrible OL so I guess the birds are in trouble

He's one of the best 4th quarter QBs of all time. Don't try reasoning with Tip...he doesn't like Romo because "his gut" and "his vibes" tell him that Romo sucks. Oh yeah, and Romo fumbled that one snap in Seattle almost 10 years ago now, so he's a choke artist.

I think Tip meant that Romo didn't show him any evidence last year that Tip is correct (it was a back handed compliment to Romo)....when he really hasn't shown much evidence to support Tip's position all along (except for that fumble in Seattle, of course). Romo does have some 4th quarter INTs, but so does every QB who has ever played football.

:shake:

What's Romo's record in elimination games? I can't find it, but you're a better googler.

I already conceded he hasn't been such a chump lately, Lar, throw me a bone.

What's Romo's record in elimination games? I can't find it, but you're a better googler.

I already conceded he hasn't been such a chump lately, Lar, throw me a bone.

What's an "elimination game?" Are you referring strictly to playoff games, or games at the end of the year where if they win they're in, and if they lose they're out? I'm not sure how many of those he's played in (the reg season games that would result in a playoff game), but either way it's not a good point. They play 16 games a year, every game counts towards them making the playoffs...just because one game takes place at the end of the year shouldn't make it count more.

You didn't even give him credit this year when they won a playoff game ffs. You also just moved the goalposts regardless...weren't we talking about the myth of him "choking away" games in the 4th quarter?

And, he hasn't been a chump all along really. We've gone over the stats before (I know you are averse to stats)...he's a damn good NFL QB. He's not liked, or seen that way, because he plays for Dallas, dropped a snap that cost them a playoff game (or would have sent the game to OT), and he wears his hat backwards. Other than that, he's one of the best 4th quarter QBs in NFL history, and is a tough son of a bitch who gets the job done way more often than not.

One thing overlooked is that Phlly has three pretty solid RBs who can catch the pass. Get them out into open space and I'm not really worried about a deep vertical game. Of course their QB hasn't shown he can consistently hit his receivers.

To me, elimination game means if you lose, you're out of the running for the championship. They usually start happening after Thanksgiving for NFL teams. Romo's been in a lot of them, lost more than his share, gacked with brainlock interceptions ... this is older history, I just don't want to rewrite it. He's good. Wish he was a Brown.

To me, elimination game means if you lose, you're out of the running for the championship. They usually start happening after Thanksgiving for NFL teams. Romo's been in a lot of them, lost more than his share, gacked with brainlock interceptions ... this is older history, I just don't want to rewrite it. He's good. Wish he was a Brown.

Since 2009, Romo has thrown 46 TDs and 9 INTs in December games.

How has he been in his last possession since 2009 in elimination games?

How has he been in his last possession since 2009 in elimination games?

Jeez, I don't know. But that sample I just gave you is roughly a season and a half when you add up the games played. He has thrown NINE interceptions in a season and a half. Even if they lost games on the final possession (I'm not sure that's happened too often), one could easily contend the loss itself isn't on the shoulders of the guy who has thrown 46 TDs and only 9 INTs in those December games. Unless, of course, you just don't like the guy...then all bets are off, and you can continue talking out of your ass.

Raiders doing it the right way> Lots of important signings but no big splashes

And they already seemingly have their QB of the future, who looks like he's going to be pretty good. The NFL is so much better when the Raiders are relevant.

I'm just not sweeping the chokes away. As an NFL quarterback, you butter your bread by winning close games late, winning close games late in the season, and by winning the last game. It's why Joe Montana's more revered than Dan Marino. Dan Marino's pretty good company, Lar. But we all know the wart that blemishes his legacy.

And they already seemingly have their QB of the future, who looks like he's going to be pretty good. The NFL is so much better when the Raiders are relevant.
Yes it is...and it's been 11 years since we've been relevant....but I really think we've turned the corner.

I sadly agree the Raiders have passed the Browns. It was the last place horse passing the second last place horse, but I noticed.

I'm just not sweeping the chokes away. As an NFL quarterback, you butter your bread by winning close games late, winning close games late in the season, and by winning the last game. It's why Joe Montana's more revered than Dan Marino. Dan Marino's pretty good company, Lar. But we all know the wart that blemishes his legacy.

Sure, but if you're simply basing it on SBs, then an awful lot of really good QBs have that same blemish.

If you're basing it on winning close games late.....you've already seen the stats posted on Romo and his 4th quarter comebacks. You want to pick and choose the few games where he may have lost the game on the last possession and act as if it wipes out the fact that he's been the best in the league with 4th quarter comebacks for a bit now. I don't think he choked away any playoff games (outside of the dropped snap, but that wasn't his QB play), and I don't think there are really too many 'elimination' games where he's done it either.

And you say you're not "sweeping the chokes away," but can't point to any of those supposed chokes. It helps in your argument if you have something that actually proves what you're saying. Especially when the evidence shown against you shows that he's a damn good 4th quarter QB, and had played very well in December for 6 years now.

Back