2015 Free Agent Signing Tracker

Well the NFL is clearly a much different game now than it was when McNair first started, and even more so than when Young first started....so QBs have to be held to a higher standard, the position is much different now and demands a certain level of performance to be successful as a starting QB (or even be average).

His stats also compare very well to dozens and dozens guys who we wouldn't even remember right away because they were out of the league (JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Rob Johnson...that's just here in Buffalo)...just like Tebow has been for essentially 2 years now. Many guys who may not be good enough to be a starter even latch on as a backup somewhere, and a bunch of them have long careers doing so. For someone who is as great of a person, leader, worker, teammate, etc there is obviously a reason that Tebow doesn't even have a backup job at this point...and it's not because he's a Christian (as Twinkie pointed out, there are tons of Christians in the NFL).

but why are you concerned over this?
you are not an eagles fan. you cheer for the bills. the Bills did not sign him.

but why are you concerned over this?
you are not an eagles fan. you cheer for the bills. the Bills did not sign him.

I'm not 'concerned' about it. This is a sports forum, we discuss sports. Are we now only allowed to talk about teams that we root for?

I'm not 'concerned' about it. This is a sports forum, we discuss sports. Are we now only allowed to talk about teams that we root for?
no
i think you are just pissed buffalo didnt sign tebow to replace EJ manual lol

But you made six posts about him in one day, so it seems personal for you. I know he didn't steal your girlfriend, so why so mad?

Oh, JFC, this is why I'm not very active on here anymore. Everyone always has something to say that has nothing to do about the fucking topic we're discussing. Who cares if I made 6 posts about the topic, and how does that mean it's somehow personal to me? There were a bunch of replies, so I tried to reply to them. I just happen to be active on here when I made those posts and this topic was being discussed (or so I thought). If someone doesn't agree nowadays on here, it becomes some personal BS, or deflecting of the actual points that have been made.

The point I was making with your quote of mine was that he shouldn't be polarizing because he sucks as a QB. That was it....there are a ton of QBs who fucking suck and aren't polarizing....if we're strictly talking football, Tebow shouldn't be anymore polarizing than JP Losman....but he is.

since when?
the last super bowl win?

Oh jeez, 10+ years at least. It's been well documented on here, I've said I wasn't a Bills fan about one billionty times. Now that they have a new owner I'll start following them a lot more and root for them again, but I haven't rooted for the Bills for a looooooong time.

Oh jeez, 10+ years at least. It's been well documented on here, I've said I wasn't a Bills fan about one billionty times. Now that they have a new owner I'll start following them a lot more and root for them again, but I haven't rooted for the Bills for a looooooong time.

Haven't rooted for em since about '93 right?

:cigarguy:

Haven't rooted for em since about '93 right?

No, it was pretty much around the end of the 90s/early 00s.. Right about the time Ralph Wilson became senile and started making horrible decisions for the franchise. Told myself I wasn't going to be a fan again until Wilson sold the team or died....well he's died now and Uncle Terry owns the team.

Teams with poor management, especially ownership, don't deserve fans and their money year after year. We've talked on here before about some teams in the NFL who are continually awful (which is saying A LOT in today's NFL), yet make money and still have fans showing up like sheep. Why support mediocrity, or even worse, perennial failure? I've never quite understood that. It's the same in every other sport as well...horrible owners operate franchises that lose year after year after year.

If he makes the team, the eagles make the playoffs. If he doesn't they won't.

Please win the job ... please. I would go nuts if the eagles won the superbowl with Tebow at the helm. It would be the second greatest sports story of my lifetime as a fan (USA amateur hockey beating the fighting Becky Hammon's).

All I do is win, win win....
That WOULD be great! LOL. After all, he did take the Broncos to the playoffs and he has grown a lot since then. We'll see.

Oh...so right about when the Patriots started winning??

Sure, if that's what you'd like to hear, but I said that's when I stopped rooting for the Bills, I didn't mention the Pats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back