2015 Free Agent Signing Tracker

A qb who can throw more than an accurate slant pattern? Holy crap, are we sure this is the jets?

umm are u sure bradford can do that?

Eh. I think he is an ok QB capable of all the throws. His ability to stay on the field a whole season is his biggest drawback in my opinion. I thought Ryan Leaf was going to be a great pro QB too, however.

As for the Raiders, the jury is still out on whether they are turning into one of the most poorly run franchises since the Death of Al Davis. Of course, under Al Davis they were one of the best run franchises in football in almost every measurable way.. wins, playoff wins, superbowl wins, minority hiring, and perhaps most importantly ..... making profit.

I will have to see the Raiders emerge again to give the new group any benefit of the doubt. I like where the team is headed though and I was pleasantly surprised by Carr and Mack. But hard to not head upward when you are at the bottom.

Not sure that Bradford trade is real. Can't find it anywhere. Saw a few tweets on twitter, but apparently the original trade was 'reported' from a fake account.

is there a team set up for a bigger drop than the 49ers

Willis found god and is retiring at 30
Justin Smith retiring
Iuputi leaving

Bills re-sign Jerry Hughes before he hits free agency tomorrow. Good thing they got it done after trading Kiko...they said it was their #1 priority this off-season, so it's nice to see them accomplish something.

The deal is for $45 million over 5 years.

If Chip Kelly trades up for Mariota, does that make him more or less racist? Mariota is Hawaiian, so I'm not sure what Stephen A. thinks of that particular race.

If Chip Kelly trades up for Mariota, does that make him more or less racist? Mariota is Hawaiian, so I'm not sure what Stephen A. thinks of that particular race.

Haha. It's not just that...

Smith also failed to mention that the player Kelly acquired in the McCoy trade, Kiko Alonso, is Latino. And Smith fails to mention that the quarterback Kelly just signed to a new contract, Mark Sanchez, is of Mexican-American heritage. And Smith fails to mention that the quarterback Kelly desperately wants to draft, Marcus Mariota, is of Samoan heritage. And Smith fails to mention that the cornerback Kelly is expected to sign when free agency opens tomorrow, Byron Maxwell, is black. And Smith fails to mention that the running back Kelly is expected to sign when free agency opens tomorrow, Frank Gore, is black. If Kelly is a racist who wants to build a roster full of white guys, he’s doing a spectacularly bad job of it.

Wait. Stephen a Smith is calling chip a racist?
When was this

Just googled it
Fuck off Steven A

So fucking dumb

Right.

On the topic of Chip though, there was a good article I read about the moves he's made and how they aren't any different than the moves any other coach/GM has made in the past and make on a yearly basis. He seems to be getting this reputation that he doesn't value players and values his system more...and it's been said that players won't want to go to Philly now because they feel expendable. Every NFL team does the same thing Chip has done this off season, it's nothing new. Leave it to the lazy media to just start throwing out accusations before actually taking a look and realizing they couldn't be more wrong.

Yeah and people are whining about maclin leaving, well kc overpaid him.
Chip has Jordan Matthews, josh huff and Riley cooper. And a legit tight end in Zach ertz.
They will draft a wr or sign someone that's out there

Yeah and people are whining about maclin leaving, well kc overpaid him.
Chip has Jordan Matthews, josh huff and Riley cooper. And a legit tight end in Zach ertz.
They will draft a wr or sign someone that's out there

I like Maclin, but I find it funny people in Philly are whining that he left. First, like you said, he was overpaid by KC. Second, until last season, wasn't the fan base the opposite on Maclin? Meaning, weren't they moaning and groaning that he wasn't that good, they were paying him too much, etc, etc? Fans are a fickle bunch sometimes.

I think its fascinating what Chip is doing and if successful may change the way teams run a nfl franchise. If he's not, he will go back to the highest bidder in college, he can't lose.

Also I heard somewhere that Philly is higher on Huff than even Matthews, despite Matthews having such a good rookie year and Huff being non-existant. Obviously Chip feels his system is the reason for success, not the player. He got a lot of under the radar guys at Oregon and made it work. I am sure he will draft some toys this year for offense.

One would think that he feels he can just plug anyone like Sanchez into his offense and be successful yet you get the feeling he will go all in for Mariota. NFL ppl say for Chip he can take that risk because if he fails he can just go back to college and be successful. He really is running his own fantasy team.

I'm not sure he is doing anything considered wild, but he seems to get a pass from the media. they love every move he makes, he is some type of genius in their eyes.

Bellichick has no problems getting rid of offensive talent, but he has proven he can win titles and he also has Brady. I just don't think you can just plug in any type of quarterback and be successful in the NFL, no matter what type of system you are running.

He's not doing anything wild at all...

According to a report from Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, players in the NFL are becoming "leery" of Eagles coach Chip Kelly's roster-building philosophy in the wake of Tuesday's LeSean McCoy trade. You can watch the video of Cole's report here, but the main thrust is excerpted below:
In talking to players around the league about these moves, they were left a little leery of Chip Kelly, asking what exactly is he doing. It's not just LeSean McCoy he traded, he's let go of Todd Herremans, he's let go of Cary Williams, he's let go of Trent Cole. This is a year after he let go of DeSean Jackson.
All of a sudden players are going, "Does Chip Kelly value players in this league or does he value his own system?" And it's basically, "Is he full of himself or does he understand it's about talent?" So ultimately while the Eagles have about $50 million in cap space, you have to wonder if players are going to sit there and say, "I'm not sure I want to play for the Eagles because I'm not sure Chip Kelly is going to hold onto good players over the long run."

Let's tackle this piece by piece. When Chip Kelly was hired as coach of the Eagles before the 2013 season, Howie Roseman stayed on as general manager and retained control of player personnel, and thus control of the roster. Fast forward to January 2015, when after two seasons as Philly's head coach, Kelly was given control of player personnel.

Well, like any newly-installed personnel head, Kelly is now attempting to put his stamp on the roster. As it usually does, that process looks like it will involve jettisoning some players brought in by the previous regime -- many of whom are notable players with high salaries -- so the future of the roster can be reshaped in the personnel man's vision. This is standard NFL personnel stuff. Just because Chip Kelly is the one doing it, doesn't make it any different.

If you're shaping a roster for the future, 32-year olds like Herremans and Cole probably aren't part of your long-term vision, and the same goes for the 30-year old Cary Williams. Herremans and Cole in particular have been good NFL players for a long time, but Herremans was injured and ineffective for much of last season, while Cole was never a pure fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker in Philly's new defense. With their high salaries, they were cuts that made logical sense if you consider anything beyond their talent, regardless of if you thought they were coming or not when the offseason began.

That trio of moves alone created $17.725 million in cap space. Would that money be better spent on Herremans and Cole's age-33 and 34 seasons and a year of Williams, or on younger players who may be around for much longer? It's arguable -- maybe even probable -- that the incumbent players would provide more immediate value, but Kelly isn't solely concerned with immediate value now that he's in charge of player personnel. He's building for both the short-term and the long-term.

Trading McCoy could be looked at in a similar light. He's about to turn 27, meaning he's got one or two years left of elite-level production if he follows the typical age curve of an NFL running back. Kiko Alonso is 24, costs over $9 million less than McCoy, plays a position of need and is likely to have a significantly longer run as a top-level player at that position, given the average lifespan of top linebackers compared to running backs. While McCoy likely provides more on-field value next season, it may be even more likely that Alonso provides more long-term value.

These moves are less indicative of Kelly valuing his system over talent than they are of Kelly valuing the long-term over the short-term. That philosophy could signal to any player that signs with the Eagles that they are part of a long-term plan. It's clear that he wants to build the roster in his vision, and that part of that vision is a younger, more flexible team that has upside to grow and doesn't spend big money on players based on what they've done previously in their careers, but rather on what they can be expected to do in the future.

It is of course entirely possible that Kelly's moves this offseason could backfire. Maybe McCoy has a longer-than-expected run of elite play left in him; maybe Alonso's ACL injury changes his career path; maybe Herremans rebounds on his next team; maybe Cole has a resurgence as a pass-rusher; and maybe Williams resembles the player he was in Baltimore in his next stop more than he does the player he was in Philly. There's always that possibility in the NFL. Framing the discussion like Kelly is doing anything different by electing to move on from notable players brought in by a previous regime, though, is a bit off base.

All that sounds great if he didn't sign a 31yo running back with bad knees and nearly 2500 carries

He didn't (or hasn't yet, but it doesn't look like it's happening). It was Gore who backed out of the deal, but it looks like he's not signing with the Eagles.

I guess wild wasnt the best term, but Gore is not signing there now it appears.

Reference to perhaps unconventional as he has let 3 playmakers go in the last two years. Outside of Sproles, nobody has made bigger plays for that offense than DeSean, Lesean, and Maclin the last two years. So getting rid of all 3 could be considered different when you have unproven guys to replace and you really dont have a qb.

Though I would never pay Maclin what he is getting from Chiefs, Mccoy is up there, and then Mesean...I get all the moves.

Maclin got overpaid, but that was expected in a bare WR market. He was clearly the best WR out there after Cobb, DT, and Dez all remained with their teams. It was also anticipated that KC would make a run at him considering the circumstances (former coach, lack of WRs, cap space), so the Eagles had to have known that before letting him hit the open market.

The issue is that the Eagles have no depth behind Maclin, and that's why the fans generally don't like the move (me included). Also, the Eagles had a chance to sign Maclin long-term after his injury, but they decided to sign him to a 1 yr "prove it" deal. Last year, Maclin proved that he was back healthy and also proved that he can produce like a #1 WR option. Despite that, the Eagles chose to let him walk while sitting on a ton of cap space.

I won't/can't judge Chip until this whole off-season is over. But this move is the one I'm most skeptical of so far.

Maclin got overpaid, but that was expected in a bare WR market. He was clearly the best WR out there after Cobb, DT, and Dez all remained with their teams. It was also anticipated that KC would make a run at him considering the circumstances (former coach, lack of WRs, cap space), so the Eagles had to have known that before letting him hit the open market.

The issue is that the Eagles have no depth behind Maclin, and that's why the fans generally don't like the move (me included). Also, the Eagles had a chance to sign Maclin long-term after his injury, but they decided to sign him to a 1 yr "prove it" deal. Last year, Maclin proved that he was back healthy and also proved that he can produce like a #1 WR option. Despite that, the Eagles chose to let him walk while sitting on a ton of cap space.

I won't/can't judge Chip until this whole off-season is over. But this move is the one I'm most skeptical of so far.

Agreed, and I can understand being skeptical. I think your skepticism sounds like it's football related, and whether or not the moves will work on the field...if you look at the move based on how much money they would have had to pay him, it makes sense. I'm not saying it's going to work out for them, but letting Maclin leave via free agency, with a big contract, doesn't mean that Chip is not valuing players, nor does it mean he's doing anything that every other NFL team does. That was really the only point...which was a counter-point to the media members who were insinuating Chip was doing something 'wild and crazy,' and in response to Steven A. Smith's ridiculous comments that the moves Chip has made are racist in nature.

:shake:

Has anyone heard anything about CJ Spiller, and where he may end up? The only thing they've talked about locally, is that it's not likely Spiller will sign with anyone until DeMarco Murray signs with someone.

There was talk he would be headed to Philly initially....then the Eagles were signing Gore so that went away...now, it looks like Gore will be signing with Indy, so I'm curious to see if Philly will go after Spiller.

I thought the Eagles would give Spiller a look until I heard he was seeking a contract of 6 mil/yr. And since they tried signing Gore over Spiller, I don't think the Eagles will be involved.

I think Spiller would be a good fit for the Cowboys if Murray doesn't return. Jacksonville also needs to spend money and sell tickets, so Spiller could help them if they don't land Murray.

Saints and Seahawks are trying to finalize trade Jimmy Graham and a 4th rounder for Max Unger and Seattle first rounder

Saints should go full rebuild now

Cut breesy and all the big salaries and take the hit this year rather than in a year or two. I think that window is closed

Rams close to trading QB Sam Bradford to Philadelphia for Nick Foles and draft-pick compensation

and Revis is a free agent......................

and waiting if they picked up Browners 2 million or he becomes FA....

Saints and Seahawks are trying to finalize trade Jimmy Graham and a 4th rounder for Max Unger and Seattle first rounder

Love the ESPN article... hope saints don't take the 2014 pick

The New Orleans Saints and Seattle Seahawks have agreed on a trade sending Pro Bowl tight end Jimmy Graham to Seattle for multiple draft picks and center Max Unger, according to league sources.

The Seahawks have offered a range of picks that would include at least one first-rounder either in 2014 or 2015.

Sense out of New England is that Darrelle Revis is likely to be a Jet. NE still will make final push. Not over yet.

Back