2015 Coaching Carousel Thread

I could see Smart to UGA and maybe take Muschamp with him as DC. Pruitt back to Bama as DC or Mel Tucker promoted to DC from Bama secondary coach? I really thought Smart would take USce job because I didn't think UGA would can Richt. Gonna be interesting to see who takes that job. Would think Herman would be in discussion at both Missouri and USCe. I think if it's not Kirby then it will be Dan Mullen and then after that Herman

I am hearing kirby done deal at UGA. Sigh. We went from potentially having him to have to play him. Too many good jobs for Herman unless he wants to come battle Kirby in the SEC east. Ughh

Last edited:
Why wouldn't he take the Miami job and lose his buyout? If I were him I would talk Miami into hiring a young coaching friend of mine and going to Miami as the OC. Then he can make OC money alongside his buyout while helping a young guy make the transition to becoming a big time head coach. Would be a way to help Miami and still fuck georgia

The decision to keep Miles was above Alleva's pay grade. The president stepped in because Alleva allowed it to become a shit show.

KSimp

If UGA fired Richt to hire an unproven coordinator then I hope they get what they deserve and that's a Muschamp like tenure

KSimp

If UGA fired Richt to hire an unproven coordinator then I hope they get what they deserve and that's a Muschamp like tenure
True, guess my butt hole is just tight with a frosh AD and the fact we could have had some of these guys for peanuts last year and now we are looking for a long term coach amidst some big options available. I guess I should just let it play out and hope for the best.

Was talking to dad today and I think Mullen should get out soon. Get paid before you go 7-5, 5-7, 4-8 and get fired

I agree with you dwight and alan on Mullen needing to go. Great job he's done there but now is the time to get out if you have a shot at a Miami or a UGA. He has taken Miss St football about as high as they are gonna go and I think things are about to downturn for them for a few years so his stock is still high.

I agree with you dwight and alan on Mullen needing to go. Great job he's done there but now is the time to get out if you have a shot at a Miami or a UGA. He has taken Miss St football about as high as they are gonna go and I think things are about to downturn for them for a few years so his stock is still high.

He wants out and half of their fans want him out, but they may be stuck with each other at this point.

UGA would worry me if they came calling. They are one of a few programs that could pull him away.

Side note. For some reason I don't quite understand, I've tried to hate Kelly all season and I'm officially done and it took 12 games for me to finally change my tune. I'm hoping he heads to the big show now as a Bama fan.

Who the fuck does Messy think they are? Mullen is the best they get....id have to think he wants a bigger gig....

As far as freeze.....I am sorry, but he might be more retarded than miles....great recruiter, who can deny it....but he is a high school coach to me...tells you what I think of les

Miss St would be dumb to force Mullen out, Mullen is smart to get out with what he's done so far if he has any aspirations of a bigger job. Best player in school history is leaving, had them ranked #1 in mid-November last season. Will be hard to match that again.

Interim tag taken off Clay Helton, named head coach at USC. Been a rough football season for Colin Cowherd

Agree with the Mullen would be better served to take his services elsewhere while his stock is high. He has far exceeded any expectancy for the Bulldogs. If it is true that MSU fans are calling for his job, they have lost their minds. I have been on this earth 40 years and cannot recall a time when this program has been as consistent as it is now. They have had single seasons that were considered good by any school's standard, but never prolonged. Mississippi is not a talent rich state. He has won with 3-stars at best and molded them to play in his system. Nobody can ask for more than this man has accomplished at this school.

Agree with the Mullen would be better served to take his services elsewhere while his stock is high. He has far exceeded any expectancy for the Bulldogs. If it is true that MSU fans are calling for his job, they have lost their minds. I have been on this earth 40 years and cannot recall a time when this program has been as consistent as it is now. They have had single seasons that were considered good by any school's standard, but never prolonged. Mississippi is not a talent rich state. He has won with 3-stars at best and molded them to play in his system. Nobody can ask for more than this man has accomplished at this school.

Agree with everything except the comment on Mississippi talent. There aren't many States that produce as much talent per capita as MS. The problem is that the competition for said talent makes it difficult for one program to have any sustained success if they are overly reliant on in state recruiting. Neither State nor Ole Miss will ever own the state in terms of recruiting, but Ole Miss mitigates that by going out of state much better than Miss. State does.

Miss St would be dumb to force Mullen out, Mullen is smart to get out with what he's done so far if he has any aspirations of a bigger job. Best player in school history is leaving, had them ranked #1 in mid-November last season. Will be hard to match that again.

He should have left a few years ago. It is starting to look like the ship has sailed, and he will be stuck in Starkville for the foreseeable future unless he takesa step down. His name keeps popping up, but if Maryland passed on him, it's difficult to imagine him landing a high profile gig.

Maryland is primed to get a big name. I know they are not perceived as a destination job. But with the UA money flowing into the program, they will have the pockets to lure a big time coach.

As far as freeze.....I am sorry, but he might be more retarded than miles....great recruiter, who can deny it....but he is a high school coach to me...tells you what I think of les
Pretty much agree with that. He makes a lot of decisions during games that end up hurting his team

Law of averages would prove you to be correct. 8/300 in the ESPN recruiting from the State of MS. 1 CB, 2 WR, and 5 OL/DL. I still put GA, FL, CA, and TX in the elite category of talent rich states. They tend to churn out more than half the top 300 between those 4 states.

Back