2015 Coaching Carousel Thread

I don't either just a name being tossed around now that we are in scramble mode. Actually feel pretty confident now that UGA will not take Kirby. They have a lot of options available to them at this point.

Wait I thought the AJC reported Kirby as a done deal last night. Did it fall through?

Nope I posted above before I read that report. Shows how much I know lol. Kirby to UGA is official. I had seen a lot yesterday saying UGA was second guessing jumping in Kirby so fast. Maybe it was just wishful thin in on my end haha.

Canes message board post saying that richt turned down Maryland and Virginia and Mrs. Richt has signed off on the move.

I would take that w a heavy grain of salt.

Kind of surprised UGA didn't shop around a little more with that type of opening. Though I think Kirby will do a good job

He seems too nice to coach miami. Miami is best when they're doing Miami things....not sure richt will allow that.

If USCe hires Muschamp I would be so surprised. He has already shown he can't succeed as a HC in the top 2 most talent rich states, at a top 10 program in CFB and now you want him to go to a state with very little talent and a crummy program and win? I think if you are hiring him you are pretty much throwing away what Spurrier has done and saying we hope to make a bowl this year for the next 5 years. Unreal he is in the fold for any HC position. I'll take him as a DC over about 99% of other guys but a HC, me thinks not.

He is not ready to coach any big school as HC yet. I'm blown away Boom is still in the mix. Big time loss if we hire him.

You prolly disagree KSimp but I wouldn't be totally averse to hiring Shawn Elliott for a pretty low salary and giving him the checkbook to go find great coordinators. Make him sign a contract with a $500K buyout and guarantee him four years to turn it around. Then if he doesn't get it done, it won't have cost you much to get rid of him. I only say this because I just think the coaching market is pretty poor right now

Schrute I would rather do that than get Muschamp for sure. Muschamp gets hired my buddy's truck "Big Teal" is gonna get burned in Willy B. I have a friend arguing that tanner is just playing with everyone. He is standing with his dick in the wind during a hail storm. Look at VT. They haven't hired a coach in 30 years and got it done in two weeks without hearing a peep. We name our top guys 6 weeks ago and are looking at Muschamp as a real option lol. That is just sad. So yes, I would love to have Elliot with a good staff compared to some of our options now.

Citadel loss hurt Elliot bad. Thought the team out performed expectations in all the others games. ATS undefeated aside from Citadel.

I would hire Pruitt before Muschamp as a HC if I'm carolina. ksimp, you hearing anything else about Herman or Riley (Lincoln, no not the city, the man, sorry cub)?

Herman is a done deal to stay at Houston. Dude played Ray Tanner and his man crush like a pro. It was not about the money to stay at Houston because they were only offering him 55-60% of what we were offering. He is going to stay and wait for a big job. We could have had him last year had Spurrier stepped down.

Thwre is still serious talks about Riley and I would personally love that but not sure if that would happen.

From what I am hearing Muschamp is the only name left from Tanners list made a few months ago. Which to me signifies that everything I feared is true. Tanner played his habd early, got fucked, and is now in scramble mode to make a hire. Also he does not want to gamble on someone and miss fearing for his job so he may go for a name. Even if that name is an idiot.

Yikes. Agree that Riley would be a nice hire. I agree with you that VT killed it, the process and hire.

It's laughable lol. VT had 2 weeks and Fuente done with nothing. Just pro. Then a SEC school that is coming off 11 win seasons with mediocre recruiting acts like a bunch of tards.

Literally every name in this thread mentioned would be better than Boom: Pruitt, Riley, shit even Mullen or Petrino lol. My thing is why are we not throwing the kitchen sink at anyone left??? Muschamp would slunk his ass down for this job if we offered a monthly package from Sandy's Hotdogs. Not sure why Tanner is the only person that thinks Muschamp should even be an option.

Ray Tanner is the reason my 5pm cocktails have been a few hours early the last couple weeks. Pour em up, time to go back to the gutter boys.

Not sure. I have been trying to see if I hear anything on him, that one makes a ton of sense to me.

Why would Mullen take the gig though? Pretty lateral move, although east is easier to win. That being said, hard to have real apsirations at either school to win conference or nat'l title. I'm really starting to feel for Mullen. Maybe Les gets canned next year and he takes that one if Chip K doesn't. Or maybe he comes to Bama as OC when Kiff leaves :cigarguy:

Would really have to be just money. Looks like he makes 3.2 now and Spurrier made 4 but hard to imagine they start him there. Just looking at coaches salaries, holy smokes Kevin Sumlin is a bandit

Guy I trust wholeheartedly, not a program guy but I trust his word as he has been right through this whole process, is saying it's done. Finalizing staff with Muschamp....

Please God let him be wrong. But he is saying it could be done in the next couple days. Welp back to the gutter.

Again, Jimmy Sexton is the God of CFB & the emperor of the SEC. His clients get jobs even when his other clients lose jobs in the SEC. Most powerful man in CFB

Yup Jimmy leveraged Kirby as a leading SC candidate with UGA for firing Richt and is sliding Muschamp in.

Why would Mullen take the gig though? Pretty lateral move, although east is easier to win. That being said, hard to have real apsirations at either school to win conference or nat'l title. I'm really starting to feel for Mullen. Maybe Les gets canned next year and he takes that one if Chip K doesn't. Or maybe he comes to Bama as OC when Kiff leaves :cigarguy:

Have you ever been to Starkville?

Would really have to be just money. Looks like he makes 3.2 now and Spurrier made 4 but hard to imagine they start him there. Just looking at coaches salaries, holy smokes Kevin Sumlin is a bandit
You don't think SCar could come out of the east with what Spurrier did here for three years straight 11 wins and losing to Cam in Atlanta?

Schrute I would rather do that than get Muschamp for sure. Muschamp gets hired my buddy's truck "Big Teal" is gonna get burned in Willy B. I have a friend arguing that tanner is just playing with everyone. He is standing with his dick in the wind during a hail storm. Look at VT. They haven't hired a coach in 30 years and got it done in two weeks without hearing a peep. We name our top guys 6 weeks ago and are looking at Muschamp as a real option lol. That is just sad. So yes, I would love to have Elliot with a good staff compared to some of our options now.

This is South Carolina football.

You don't think SCar could come out of the east with what Spurrier did here for three years straight 11 wins and losing to Cam in Atlanta?

I think you were meaning to quote my above post in regards to aspirations? I guess I never really even remembered you guys winning that many games. I think contending for a division title is feasible, I stand corrected on my above comment. More likely to win one there than Miss St due to division.

I think you were meaning to quote my above post in regards to aspirations? I guess I never really even remembered you guys winning that many games. I think contending for a division title is feasible, I stand corrected on my above comment. More likely to win one there than Miss St due to division.
Yea sorry for the Mis quote I am on the mobile

Yea the source I really trust chimed in. All his guys are saying he has heard since last night that all signs point to it being Muschamp. I just got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I know things are cyclical and I don't want to get an ear full if another fear the thumb happens...ha
Kind man not to kick me when I am down hahaha. I will remember that. We actually played better last weekend than I thought we would.

Yikes. Agree that Riley would be a nice hire. I agree with you that VT killed it, the process and hire.

Well, in USC's defense, the folks at VPI weren't exactly caught by surprise when Beamer announced his retirement. I don't think they saw it coming in Columbia. Even his sons say they were surprised.

Well, in USC's defense, the folks at VPI weren't exactly caught by surprise when Beamer announced his retirement. I don't think they saw it coming in Columbia. Even his sons say they were surprised.
He didn't want the farewell tour he came out to say. His wife talked him into stating one more year. Things would have been different had he not stayed and we were doing all of this last year.

you can track the history of SC and the program not being good to bad coaching hires and bad administration. Hyman was the best AD we ever had and they replaced him with a baseball coach that has no clue. Hiring Muschamp essentially erases the Spurrier era unless Muschamp can prove everyone wrong and that isn't a gamble we should be willing to take. It's not like Mus did a bang up job at Auburn this year.

LSU traveled to see one-time quarterback commitment Feleipe Franks on Tuesday, sending Les Miles and Cam Cameron to the Sunshine State for an in-home visit with the Franks family. To play catch up, here’s a rundown of how things have played out. Franks had been committed to LSU for about 18 months, but decided to reopen his recruitment process last month - and he made the comment that he had been entertaining the thought and wanting to make a move for about a month. A short time later, he committed to Florida. That was Sunday. On Tuesday, the nation’s top quarterback Jacob Eason decided to make an unexpected official visit to Florida. Eason is committed to Georgia, but with Mark Richt being fired on Sunday, Eason decided to give the Gators a look. Franks evidently didn’t like that. When the website SEC Country got a response from Franks asking his feelings on the Eason visit, Franks replied “not good.” So, in went Miles and Cameron to try to make a final pitch to Franks and his family. Now, given Franks just committed to the Gators a few days ago, it’s safe to assume he wants to be at Florida and a last ditch effort by the Tigers probably wouldn’t be enough to sway him. But if Florida picks up a third quarterback commitment in Eason, it’s reasonable to assume Franks - who is also a midterm enrollee and has to have a decision made here soon - would give some second thought to his commitment. But now that Georgia has hired Kirby Smart as the next head coach in Athens, I’m told by a solid source on the UGA side that Eason will stick. He and his family knew (like most) that Smart was who they wanted, and now that he’s in, I really don’t expect Eason to make a last minute switch. And if there’s no Eason in Gainesville, then Franks is going to move forward as planned and enroll at Florida in January as part of a two-quarterback class with Texas three-star Kyle Trask.
If Eason and Franks stick, that leaves LSU back at square one given all their eggs were in the basket for Franks. The staff has plans in place to move forward on other guys between now and February. They certainly want to push to add a quarterback in this class. But it’s going to be an uphill battle if nothing happens with Franks. It’s a sobering reality for the quarterback spot in 2016, but that’s where things stand unfortunately.

Okay. Some good news. LSU is still doing pretty well at recruiting elite players at defensive back right now, and Corey Raymond was in Florida on Tuesday visiting with cornerback Trayvon Mullen. He’s now locked in his official visit to LSU for the final weekend before Signing Day. Raymond will also have Texas five-star safety Deontay Anderson in for an official visit that weekend. It will give the staff a chance to make one last push at two huge DB targets in this class. I think LSU trails Ole Miss for Anderson, but I think the Tigers are right there in the lead group for Mullen. I probably would give them a slight edge on FSU right now. He took an official visit to TCU this past weekend, he will take an official visit to Florida State this weekend and he will be at Clemson for an official visit on Dec. 11. Then the dead period sets in. He will play in the US Army All-American Game on Jan. 9, and then the contact period will open back up in mid-January. A couple weeks later, he will make that final visit to Baton Rouge. That puts LSU in a great spot to close on him. ***** Continue to keep an eye on former wide receiver commitment Stephen Sullivan. He’s warmed up to LSU again, and both Miles and Cameron were in-home with him this week. The staff is working all angles to try to get him back on board as the final wide receiver in this class. It’s also worth noting that he’s a midterm graduate. And LSU is pushing him to be here in January. That means that he’s only got a couple more weeks to meet with coaches before the dead period begins and he has to make his decision. TCU is still in play here, for sure. But I think LSU has put themselves back into a good spot to land him. I feel like Drake Davis and Mykel Jones both end up elsewhere, so Sullivan would be the final piece at wide receiver if he wants in.
***** I’ve been told by a Texas source that I trust, which was echoed by sources on the LSU side, that Rahssan Thornton is definitely locked into LSU and will sign with the Tigers. The Lone Star State linebacker is someone they feel like can come in and provide depth at outside linebacker right away. Obviously with the depth issues there, he will be competing to start as a freshman. He was recently named the District 12-6A Defensive Player of the Player for his senior season.
***** I think LSU has done enough work to put them back into a very good spot with John Curtis offensive tackle Willie Allen. He was originally warming up to a handful of out-of-state schools, but he’s made a few visits to LSU games recently and has grown close with multiple staff members. I once thought he was certainly leaving Louisiana for college, but I’ve had him on my recent prediction pieces and I’ll keep him there until I see reason to change. Things look good right now for him to be the third offensive lineman with Donavaughn Campbell and Jakori Savage.

Back