2015 Coaching Carousel Thread

Rumors last couple of days that there is an "agreement" with a big name coach and USC.

Not sure what qualifies a "big" name, but whatever this is fun

They doing a deal? I was kind of hoping they had a deal in order before tying to force out Les.

like I keep saying...whether LSU tampered or not

I just doubt these guys would have a 15 milly buyout and not have a silent commit already or close to it......I could be wrong, but that is my guess

Jumbo to LSU just makes no sense to me.

Herman to gamecocks is a huge jump. One year of HC experience before going to one of the weaker SEC programs. Do we know what he can do over a period of time? Can he recruit? Can he develop players? He's done well in one season in a weaker conference with some else's players.

Herman to gamecocks is a huge jump. One year of HC experience before going to one of the weaker SEC programs. Do we know what he can do over a period of time? Can he recruit? Can he develop players? He's done well in one season in a weaker conference with some else's players.

LOL what?

It would be pretty much exactly what Malzahn did, although auburn is a much bigger job than SCAR

From an outsider like me it seems at best a lateral move.

Similar programs but much tougher road with a less tolerant fan base in Baton Rouge. Less competition for in state recruits though

LOL what?

It's not a step up, it's a lateral move. A lateral move with a harder schedule. His main competition is Dabo. Dabo ain't no Saban. Even when Saban retires the SEC West isn't going to get any weaker. The SEC East won't be dormant. Florida are heading in the right direction and Georgia won't tolerate anything less then 10 wins. He stays at FSU and he is a win over Dabo away from being in the playoff. He will get the same level of recruits at both schools. He is also in the middle of a divorce and won't want to be too far from his kids.

Just because he spent 1/7th of his life at LSU doesn't mean he is the man for the job. I think if he leaves FSU the perfect job for him would be USC. Either way, Jimbo gettin' paid

It's not a step up, it's a lateral move. A lateral move with a harder schedule. His main competition is Dabo. Dabo ain't no Saban. Even when Saban retires the SEC West isn't going to get any weaker. The SEC East won't be dormant. Florida are heading in the right direction and Georgia won't tolerate anything less then 10 wins. He stays at FSU and he is a win over Dabo away from being in the playoff. He will get the same level of recruits at both schools. He is also in the middle of a divorce and won't want to be too far from his kids.

Just because he spent 1/7th of his life at LSU doesn't mean he is the man for the job. I think if he leaves FSU the perfect job for him would be USC. Either way, Jimbo gettin' paid

Yall are focusing on this "easy road" shit wayyyyy too much

ACC aint the SEC boys.....it just isnt

these coaches have egos......maybe he wants to go up against Saban every year

How many of you actually believe this other than CBS and ESPN employees?

How many of you actually believe this other than CBS and ESPN employees?

Not to many.

Had a nice decade, absolutely a very average conference now other than Bama...and obviously with right coach LSU...Florida on uptick...about it...

I can't imagine LSU being a better job than Florida State

What's funny is that Bama fans seem fairly humble for the most part, I actually mingled with a bunch when Iowa State played Bama in the Weedeater Bowl or whatever it was in Shreveport a bunch of years ago...all good fans. And they are the group that don't seem to just rah rah on the SEC even though they've been consistently the best in the conference for years. It's the others that feed that shit.

Sure there's a chance. This ain't binary. But that chance also starts with a pay bump from close to 6m/yr (more than Lesticle made) and the bump has to be to place where it no longer makes sense for FSU. Now does LSU want to pay Jimbo more than Saban? Maybe they do, I wouldn't wanna go back to being the shitty Tigers of the pre Saban era. But if I had to give a percentage, I'd say it's 25% he'll go.

The LSU job just isn't a "better" job. It's not. Dude has built an SEC program in the ACC, gets a top 5 class every year and won't have to deal with fans with a massive inferiority complex.

You're getting Kiffin

This "done deal" stuff though? Stoooooop it, not a good look. Be patient & measured and also realize the LSU job is great. But it ain't THAT great that folks just leave a top 10school willy nilly.

But hey if you wanna pay Jimbo more than Saban lol, do you lmao

I can't imagine LSU being a better job than Florida State

What's funny is that Bama fans seem fairly humble for the most part, I actually mingled with a bunch when Iowa State played Bama in the Weedeater Bowl or whatever it was in Shreveport a bunch of years ago...all good fans. And they are the group that don't seem to just rah rah on the SEC even though they've been consistently the best in the conference for years. It's the others that feed that shit.

Alabama fans are twice as arrogant as Notre Dame and half as educated

and what is the SEC?

You are acting like LSU is a better job then FSU. It's not, some would argue FSU is better. And the way the most succesful coach in their history is being treated many coaches will be put off. If Jimbo goes there then I suspect they have massively overpaid

Coaches have egos and want to win. And he will win at FSU

Alabama fans are twice as arrogant as Notre Dame and half as educated

My interactions in general have been limited to that game (where that black kid that played QB for Iowa State was a great player!) and this board, but seemed good people in general.

Not true of all fan bases.

My interactions in general have been limited to that game (where that black kid that played QB for Iowa State was a great player!) and this board, but seemed good people in general.

Not true of all fan bases.

Believe it or not, the folks that call into Finebaum are by far the minority of Alabama and AU fans.

Not to many.

Had a nice decade, absolutely a very average conference now other than Bama...and obviously with right coach LSU...Florida on uptick...about it...

It's Bama and a bunch of name schools this season. Was last year as well to a certain extent. The last ten years are gonna carry the day for quite sometime with those that matter, though.

Silky I'm just telling you what I heard....the "good look" part and all that shit, I ain't worried.

The jobs are comparable, I never said one was better than the other.

What I DO take exception to is this fact that "he already has an easy road".....well, that is everyone else saying that, not me. I guess it is an easier road in the ACC....

If people think coaches don't take jobs because they "want the easy road" I think y'all are being ridiculous...

The rumors are hot, and it seems they are willing to pay the 6 mill.

If I am wrong, I'll come in here and say. I don't have that problem, unlike half this board.

Jimbo has a special needs child correct? And is getting a divorce? He gonna move his ex to BR too? Take the kid out of the current school?

Jimbo has a special needs child correct? And is getting a divorce? He gonna move his ex to BR too? Take the kid out of the current school?

Not sure. Do you think their is no basis for the "story" or "rumor"?

LSU may end with Larry fucking Fedora....nothing is 100%.

It's a win for me either way. Les is hopefully gone.

Not sure. Do you think their is no basis for the "story" or "rumor"?

LSU may end with Larry fucking Fedora....nothing is 100%.

It's a win for me either way. Les is hopefully gone.

I think LSU may covet Jimbo. And they may think they have him. But Texas has thought that about Saban multiple times. To me, the more we hear about it now, while Les still coaches at LSU, the less likely it is to happen. No inside info, just what I think. I may even go so far as to bet that it's more likely Les keeps the job than Jimbo taking it.

Tongue I could write a diatribe here. Les has run his course in BR. It's time to change.
Change in this situation is good. Something isn't clicking.
As a fan, I'll take my chances that LSU has a plan in place.

Change is good if the change produces better results. You better be damned sure that guy coming in will win, otherwise you win be pining for the Les days. Tyrone Willingham, Ron Zook, Bill Callahan, Mike Price show you need the right coach. If LSU do have a plan I don't know if having this being dragged out in public for a few weeks was part of it

Ask Tennessee fans if getting rid of their longtime coach because he has run his course has turned out well

We can debate all day about one job being better than the other or whether it is a lateral move, but the only opinion that matters is Jimbo's.

Agree MOT...let's call it lateral, because it essentially is
IF this happens, very rare to see this kind of move.

Back