2015 Coaching Carousel Thread

It's worked for Dabo. I don't think it's a bad think to have the coordinators do their job and trust them. However you MUST maintain a CEO type role where everyone knows you're the bauce
Yea not sure if a wild man can learn to keep his cool and keep some respect but we will see. Personally didn't think Muschamp was ready to be on anyone's list. This is also the same coordinator end of his tenure at Florida so really an unknown how he will perform as things were already on the downturn there

Jeremy Pruitt coming back to Bama as DC. Top 5 national recruiter, learned under Saban, has made massive recruiting inroads in both Georgia and Florida the past several years and is a pretty good talent evaluator. Read today that he and the Bama RB coach were one of the only coaches that guaranteed Henry he would be a RB and not a LB at his school, good call. Absolute best case scenario for Bama in losing Smart, couldn't have asked for anything better.

Saban is his mentor so not real surprised. That info came out most recently at UGA because he had a way of doing things and a standard and his personality was a direct conflict with Richt's.

I mean is there a greater contrast in personalities and expectations than Richt and Saban? Would be hard for me to imagine one. I think he either would have been a great fit with Harbaugh or a disaster. I lean towards disaster because with Saban they both know what to expect.

Saban is his mentor so not real surprised. That info came out most recently at UGA because he had a way of doing things and a standard and his personality was a direct conflict with Richt's.

Pruitt was very critical of UGA's facilities and commitment to being a championship caliber program. Rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But he is a huge dick too, so maybe he's just hard to get along with.

GA Southern's Willie Fritz hired by Tulane. Seems like a good hire, his wife must like good food, bad smells and culture. Personally, I find living in New Orleans to have as much appeal as Baghdad but to each their own. Is Tulane a better job than GA Southern? I don't know, probably. Maybe positioning himself for Les' job ;)

GA Southern's Willie Fritz hired by Tulane. Seems like a good hire, his wife must like good food, bad smells and culture. Personally, I find living in New Orleans to have as much appeal as Baghdad but to each their own. Is Tulane a better job than GA Southern? I don't know, probably. Maybe positioning himself for Les' job ;)

I have to LOL at a person living in ATL banging on NO

almost as bad as a person from HOU....ALMOST

good god what a horrible hire. the sandusky coaching tree and system works well at places like psu in the 80's and temple where overachievers buy in and fight like hell but not with premier athletes. see sandusky, bradley, golden, rhule. harabaugh is celebrating

So that makes Pruitt next Kentucky or Vandy coach? Goes to Bama immediately, which affects Georgia in the Bowl
game, but Bama now have Smart and Pruitt planning for MSU

Tulsa OC turns down 3 year deal to be Texas OC:rofl:

Andy Greder@andygreder <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 4m4 minutes ago</small>
Confirming Jay Johnson, of Louisiana Lafayette, will be #Gophers next offensive coordinator -- thanks to assist from @GophersNow.

Andy Greder@andygreder <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2h2 hours ago</small>
RT @FAUOWLACCESS: FAU OL coach Bart Miller is leaving the Owls for the same position at Minnesota. http://fauowlaccess.com/articles/362/fau-coach-miller-decides-to-gopher-it.aspx …

Back