2/28/07 Half Thread (2 unit 1H Play)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Posted NBA Half Plays: 86 - 57 - 3

Went 3-2 last night. Lost a 2 unit play, but won a 2 unit play late. Right now my 1H plays aren't hitting where I want them to, so I will limit them and focus more on 2H's. Lately, the books have been releasing some blatant 2H lines, so I decided I am going to play the line even if value is lost in terms of the game line. It's something I usually don't do, but the books have been releasing some very easy lines. (A good example was the Millw Bucks 2H play last night). Tonight:

Phoenix Suns Basketball 1H -4.5 (3 units) *** (L)

I'd get this line early if you want to play it, but I don't see the line climbing TOO high. This game is similar to when Dallas visited Philly earlier this season. Dallas won the 1H by 20+. The spot doesn't SEEM that good for PHX. B2B, on the final leg of a long road trip. BUT... With a win tonight, PHX can achieve the undefeated sweep of the East. They would become the first team in NBA history to do so.

As for the game analysis, any little bit of the Sixers success lately has been because of the big line-up w/ Stephen Hunter at the 4 and Dalembert at the 5. Diaw is back, and he and Marion will cause the Sixers major matchup problems all night. I expect both Philly bigs to be in serious foul trouble ALL NIGHT.

Sixers 2H +6.5 (+115) (W)

New Orleans Jazz 2H -1.5 2 units** (L)

Memphis Grizzlies 2H +4 (L)

Denver Nuggets 2H -3 (W)

Charolette Cats 2H +4.5 (L)

Seattle Sonics 2H -1.5 (W)

GL :cheers:

Last edited:
lookin at Phoenix, Chicago, and Knicks 1st Hs.

``I'm baffled by it,'' Knicks coach Isiah Thomas said. ``I thought we would come out in the first half, particularly the first 5-6 minutes of the game. ... I don't think I've been more disappointed in a loss than this one. ``I thought on a night like this with as much as we had going for us, we would come out and give a much better basketball showing than we did the first half.''

diaw is not playing.

If that is true, that's fine. That just means Barbaro will play more. The key is the quickness of the Suns bigs vs. Philly bigs. Offensively, the Philly bigs CANNOT defend outside the lane, and they are foul-prone. I expect both Philly bigs to be in foul trouble early forcing Philly to adjust to the Suns tempo and style. And the Sixers ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SCORE the ball. Not enough to keep up w/ the Suns. I expect a 15pt lead at half. And an 18 pt final score deficit.

I have upgraded the play on the Suns to 3 units. If a mod could change the thread to 3 instead of 2 I'd appreciate it.

I've had one play above 2 units, and that was a 4unit play on NOK 2H, which lost. That is the only play above 2 units all season.

GL everyone, I will check back in later tonight.

Tough 1 w/ Marion OUT. I left my house before the news. But it doesn't matter. Sixers are literally playing their best game of the year. Tough one...

Its up to 7. This is what I wrote today in my write-up:

Lately, the books have been releasing some blatant 2H lines, so I decided I am going to play the line even if value is lost in terms of the game line. It's something I usually don't do, but the books have been releasing some very easy lines.

Im hoping for 7.5 and Im taking Philly.

maybe it was a sucker bet, but i got phex at -6 just after the half. which means they win the game by 1. I'll take that and see what happens.

Back