WEEK 1

Hey BA, wanted to drop this in here in case you didn’t catch it in my thread.

MINNEAPOLIS --- North Carolina's starting quarterback Max Johnsonsuffered a broken femur in UNC's season-opening 19-17 win at Minnesota on Thursday night, multiple sources told Inside Carolina. Johnson underwent surgery Friday in Minneapolis, a source close to the program confirmed.

The injury will end the 2024 season for the graduate student who transferred to UNC in the offseason from Texas A&M. The team was informed of the Johnson news on Friday afternoon.

back later boys .......

tonite

Wisky live / 2H
Tree 2H - live?

* chose to pass on the bad number week 1 (mostly) - even tho it would/might have worked anyway (loved Ga Tech) - liked Tree at 10 / FAU at 14

Tonite - we have an eggzample of the famous BA handicapping angle......

"Fade the team that is already in school - playing a team not in school yet - especially when traveling across a few time zones"

WHY? - because even tho the number of (practices) are set - the number of HOURS you can work are not the same. TCU began class 8/26 - TREE 9/23.
>> so TREE has fewer distractions, and can put in more work - huge?, no, but is probably worth a point or two maybe - might show late in a game.

I've been checking this, ever since I lost a LARGE bet a few years back - LSU at Washington seems like. Tigers looked sluggish - Huskies fresh. Announcers : "well it makes sense - LSU in class / UW not for weeks". Plus travel / late at nite. "WHAT!!?".

Just like making INFORMED decisions, when risking hard earned cash.

Last edited:
added as one unit play - at BM

BAMA -31'

Initially wanted to stay away - but this one involves 2 coaches with the perfect mindset in this spot. WKU HC doesn't want to get his team beat up here - just pick up the $2M check (or whatever) and get TF out - never covered getting 10+ (0-6). Bama HC KD? takes these games very seriously, and has covered every damn one of 'em - 11-0, or 11-1 maybe. I see a team ready to administer an ass whoopin' - and another ready to take one. PERFECT.

back later boys .......

tonite

Wisky live / 2H
Tree 2H - live?

* chose to pass on the bad number week 1 (mostly) - even tho it would/might have worked anyway (loved Ga Tech) - liked Tree at 10 / FAU at 14

Tonite - we have an eggzample of the famous BA handicapping angle......

"Fade the team that is already in school - playing a team not in school yet - especially when traveling across a few time zones"

WHY? - because even tho the number of (practices) are set - the number of HOURS you can work are not the same. TCU began class 8/26 - TREE 9/23.
>> so TREE has fewer distractions, and can put in more work - huge?, no, but is probably worth a point or two maybe - might show late in a game.

I've been checking this, ever since I lost a LARGE bet a few years back - LSU at Washington seems like. Tigers looked sluggish - Huskies fresh. Announcers : "well it makes sense - LSU in class / UW not for weeks". Plus travel / late at nite. "WHAT!!?".

Just like making INFORMED decisions, when risking hard earned cash.
I’ve played this angle in the past. Do you know of a site where you can easily access start dates? Last few years I’ve spent hours looking up individual colleges. Sometimes technology evades me, just checking in case you found a quicker way

gonna be slightly more aggressive here .....

adding Ga Southern +13'

>> - one unit - juiced slightly at LV

SO ....... with the Ducks on deck - new HC (pretty much) is gonna travel to the Georgia heat/humidity and win by 14+? GS should be much tougher up front on D - and have the talent at RB/WR to move the ball on a shaky Boise D. Eagles are tough at home - should have a great crowd. Helton in his 3rd year - off disappointing season, should at least stay close here. >>> That bad ass Boise RB Jeanty takes over the game late - I'll look for a live play on Boise maybe

$$ forgot - as always - waiting for late Boise $ to push it closer to 14 ..... so locking in 1/2 unit at 13' - seeing if I can get a better deal closer to KO.

Last edited:
On to week 2 boys ......

I'll see if I can get 3 for LSU - <17 for Fla St - if not I'll just play live/2H
>> way too much love for USC IMO - typically a terrible road team anyway (not much better under LR) - last 18 games getting points away? they have won once, covered 4 - the crazy drunken Cajuns should come into Vegas about 30K strong and kick the wine/cheese eaters ass - on and off the field .....:cool:

adding smaller

FSU -16

market overreaction IMO, line was and probably still should be closer to 20 - a very tall order for that Bill O'Brien in his 1st game. LY's results confuse the issue (FSU won by 2 / -25) - but BC always overachieves in that Red Bandana game...... BC stays close for awhile probably, FSU pulls away - saving a bit for a live/2H play

Last edited:
extra small / action play - might come out looking like an idiot yes

LSU/USC 1H under 34

* at BM - just think there is huge pressure on BOTH DC's to really start strong - to confuse and come after these new QB's on this massive stage .....I'll look for LSU, and/or OVER live/2H

extra small / action play - might come out looking like an idiot yes

LSU/USC 1H under 34

* at BM - just think there is huge pressure on BOTH DC's to really start strong - to confuse and come after these new QB's on this massive stage .....I'll look for LSU, and/or OVER live/2H
When do you hit the live over?
Do you do game total or 2H?

When do you hit the live over?
Do you do game total or 2H?

Don't AX me - I'm bad at it ha...

Tough call - eg now do I hit the LSU +2' at BM.....or wait for USC to score? Do I wait till halftime to get an even better deal? You probably play it small as you go - instead of waiting for the perfect number....

Best in game strategy for sure - is to plan it out beforehand - know how a team usually plays from half to half/ quarter to quarter - tough week 1.

Back later bol

if LSU is stopped here I'll wait till half time

edit: USC with the MO - gonna wait till halftime - let LSU staff make adjustments / USC to choke?

$ shoulda played LSU +2' / ML small

Last edited:
do you ever look ahead to the next week on teams that will be home dogs in the coming week? Obviously these teams will be in a stressful situation ahead or the future home dog teams are bad. Either way, a Favorite in the current week that has a stressful week ahead are good ROI fades.

do you ever look ahead to the next week on teams that will be home dogs in the coming week? Obviously these teams will be in a stressful situation ahead or the future home dog teams are bad. Either way, a Favorite in the current week that has a stressful week ahead are good ROI fades.

I always look, not one, but 2-3 weeks ahead.....

Favorable/ unfavorable spots I've already done for each week - I already know (pretty much) what teams I'll play week 3

I always look, not one, but 2-3 weeks ahead.....

Favorable/ unfavorable spots I've already done for each week - I already know (pretty much) what teams I'll play week 3
I appreciate you for assisting me. Future Home dog teams as favorites are a tell and vice versa future away favorites can be quality dogs.

Back