Woj BOMB....Blake going to Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetriot

i like the clip take....
Blake is damaged goods, will always miss games and Stan wanted to make a splash....well there u go Van Gun

good thing the logo is takin over clipperland trades there cause good knows what Doc woulda taken back....probably woulda got fleeced

I give kudos to the Clippers though...you couldn't win it with a healthy blake/cp3/deandre.....blow it up....better to be absolutely aweful...than be middle of the road

Yeah, good for them... They might take over LA still per Ivy.

eh both are setting up to have Cap Space galore....but Lakers have some amazing young talent...

I love Kuzma, BI has potential, and Lonzo could be great

Sets up Avery and DeAndre to the Cavs.

Even though it would be dope to see Boban starting in Cleveland.

Blake Griffin has a $39 million player option in 2021-22 which will be his 12th year and age 33 season. Exactly what you trade for if you're a 22-26 team on an 8 game losing streak.

Reactions: KJ
I give kudos to the Clippers though...you couldn't win it with a healthy blake/cp3/deandre.....blow it up....better to be absolutely aweful...than be middle of the road
This

now time for Deeeeeeeeeeeeeetroit Basketballllllllllllllllllllllllllll

There has never been much doubt that the NBA is crazy but not apparently the Clippers

This is criminal by svg

So now you maybe lose in 5 to toronto or Boston instead of the lotto pick

Congrats?

Or, it takes them quite awhile to adjust and they don't make playoffs anyway and give up a fricking lottery pick this year.

Genius.

Odd trade from Det perspective. Basically getting Griffin for Harris, Bradley, your no 1, and a no 2 definitely does not make them any better, in fact prob makes them worse bc now they are locked into Blake’s contract. From clips perspective it’s great. This team was going no where as currently constructed and is basically a salary dump getting Griffin’s contract off the books, you get Harris for a year, they obv let Avery walk after this year, and your getting their 1st rounder. Win for clippers imo.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Bradley is flipped for another asset before he even plays a game for the clippers. DeAndre and Lou Williams next to go lol

Odd trade from Det perspective. Basically getting Griffin for Harris, Bradley, your no 1, and a no 2 definitely does not make them any better, in fact prob makes them worse bc now they are locked into Blake’s contract. From clips perspective it’s great. This team was going no where as currently constructed and is basically a salary dump getting Griffin’s contract off the books, you get Harris for a year, they obv let Avery walk after this year, and your getting their 1st rounder. Win for clippers imo.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Bradley is flipped for another asset before he even plays a game for the clippers. DeAndre and Lou Williams next to go lol

Yup on most of this.

I like it for Detroit , now they go get George this offseason after Lebron goes west( I’m spit balling here , does Detroit have room to offer max?)

The Oklahoma guard is not the next Steph Curry

They can build a franchise right about now if they unload Jordan...so much room

Why would PG want to go to Detroit?

No way LBJ goes to clips. They won’t have a roster close to competing for titles and he wouldn’t do his boy CP3 like that.

Blake would be a reason, the east especially if Lebron leaves is more attractive

I heard WOJ specifically say on his podcast that it isn’t a foregone conclusion PG is to Lakers . He could resign, and he also mentioned Philly( it didn’t sound like some opinion he had , it sounded like he has heard something )

I could see PG staying w OKC if they make a deep run, at least for a few years, as the lakers will be a few years away from being legit contenders. He could always go there at the end of his career. Philly is an intriguing option. A lot of young talent there, and a team definitely on the rise.

Still not sold Blake is enough of a reason for PG to want to go there.

Like someone said earlier today...

Bron should go to Philly and win 'ships

I get what Clips are trying to do and applaud them.

There is ZERO reason for Bron to go there though unless they are a top 2-3 team in league starting next year. He isn't exactly a spring chicken.

Nice article from Zach Lowe:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ffin-trade-future-la-clippers-detroit-pistons

I like this move by the Pistons... Never was a big fan of Blake, but Lowe said pretty much my thoughts here. What was the choice for the Pistons? Another rebuild? That way, even if they won't make it to the playoffs this season, they will finally have a decent team, after almost a decade. To be at least slightly relevant after a decade, is also important... If Blake stays healthy and they get a bit lucky, who knows what will happen...
I don't think that even 10th draft pick is a big price to pay for Blake.
The only question is obviously health issue, but that's the gamble and if Blake was example of health, Clippers would have never even considered such a deal...
Detroit got a very very very rare chance for them to take a star and they used it. Last time they got such a chance, it was when they got Sheed, that also, the league didn't want to touch due to his problems...

Back