Week 3 Discussion Thread (Odds Out For September 19 and September 26)

First reaction on Pitt is I like them, but sometimes I don't like a team coming off such an easy win. I mean Syracuse is going to be a little harder, I just like for my team to be coming off a little more of a challenge to better prepare...or maybe it will be just as easy this week vs Cuse?

App St - Marshall might be a great one!

Laying this number vs USF seems more appropriate than doing so vs Duke.

Speaking of Duke, I like Duke, price seems a little high, but I'd probably lay it.

I can't hardly believe LV is only -1.5! That must be a set up?

If Liberty isn't proficient passing the ball (Buckshot is gone right), I think WKU might hold up on D and I'm sure Toppers will welcome step down on D faced, but I know next to nothing about Liberty this year.

First reaction on Pitt is I like them, but sometimes I don't like a team coming off such an easy win. I mean Syracuse is going to be a little harder, I just like for my team to be coming off a little more of a challenge to better prepare...or maybe it will be just as easy this week vs Cuse?

Speaking of Duke, I like Duke, price seems a little high, but I'd probably lay it.

If Liberty isn't proficient passing the ball (Buckshot is gone right), I think WKU might hold up on D and I'm sure Toppers will welcome step down on D faced, but I know next to nothing about Liberty this year.

I was ready to bet Louisville expecting them to be favored by 6 or so and now I’m thinking it’s a trap so I’m staying away.

Miami did destroy them last year and postgame Thursday the talking heads were all fawning over the U.

Maybe the perception from the WKU game was just a 14 pt win on the surface, but underneath LV dominated.

I loved Pitts front 7 last year and they appear to be incredibly stout again, really hard to take anything away from the offense playing against Austin peay.

Doesn’t seem like much of a card. When the sec gonna start playing? Anyone else scheduled to start soon?

Miami has great d and good FG kicker, offense is kinda getting better. I'm thinking 2.5 looks good.

I'm definitely playing BC

damn,, i love ville.. that qb seems to be progressing to go along with that rushing attack i feel like it pick your poison. super high on what satterfield is doing. i jumped on ville-1 soon as i saw it..

hopefully it gets up to 3 and i have some wiggle room if i change my mind but dont think i will.. of course hard to say how much ville defense has improved since wku offense didnt bring much to the table.. i know satterfield defense improved quite a bit in his second year at his last stop and i know ville gets the athletes to have a solid defense as ive seen it in the past..

damn,, i love ville.. that qb seems to be progressing to go along with that rushing attack i feel like it pick your poison. super high on what satterfield is doing. i jumped on ville-1 soon as i saw it..

I very much trust your opinion, I may naturally be trying to find reasons to be contrarian but I know ville qb and hc are super special. My daughter is a current student at the U so there may be some of that too.

Truth is if Deriq king didnt make plays himself the miami offense had the same exact feel as last year. If UAB had been more potent different ballgame.

hopefully it gets up to 3 and i have some wiggle room if i change my mind but dont think i will.. of course hard to say how much ville defense has improved since wku offense didnt bring much to the table.. i know satterfield defense improved quite a bit in his second year at his last stop and i know ville gets the athletes to have a solid defense as ive seen it in the past..

I have a feeling, could very easily be wrong but it may never goto 3 and suck betters like me in to "obvious " contrarian play on miami for ville to win by 4 touchdowns

Ville D vs Miami o is interesting cuz I think uab defense is at least as good as ville

I very much trust your opinion, I may naturally be trying to find reasons to be contrarian but I know ville qb and hc are super special. My daughter is a current student at the U so there may be some of that too.

Truth is if Deriq king didnt make plays himself the miami offense had the same exact feel as last year. If UAB had been more potent different ballgame.

yea canes didn’t impress me at all but I didn’t watch a lot of it either. I will say I might be tad biased as I’ve had a hard on for this ville team since last year! lol. Just really like the direction they heading.

wku did do a good job of taking the run game away but they obviously sold out a lot and left way more to be had in the passing game than the canes will. Uab numbers looked fairly solid, doesn’t appear they got them late either. My biggest concern is we really don’t know how improved ville defense is cause we knew coming in wku offense isn’t scaring anyone, that said ville coulda easily pitched a shutout thru 3 qrtrs if not for the punting issues they better clean up!!

I have a feeling, could very easily be wrong but it may never goto 3 and suck betters like me in to "obvious " contrarian play on miami for ville to win by 4 touchdowns

Ville D vs Miami o is interesting cuz I think uab defense is at least as good as ville

I dunno enough bout uab to say, I think ville d is gonna be way better this year tho. But again that just based off thinking it will improve under this staff and knowing the kind of athletes they get there, nothing to do with looking good vs a limited wku offense. I do think wku has a pretty solid defense tho. They were obviously caught off guard with ville passing ability tho.

yea canes didn’t impress me at all but I didn’t watch a lot of it either. I will say I might be tad biased as I’ve had a hard on for this ville team since last year! lol. Just really like the direction they heading.

wku did do a good job of taking the run game away but they obviously sold out a lot and left way more to be had in the passing game than the canes will. Uab numbers looked fairly solid, doesn’t appear they got them late either. My biggest concern is we really don’t know how improved ville defense is cause we knew coming in wku offense isn’t scaring anyone, that said ville coulda easily pitched a shutout thru 3 qrtrs if not for the punting issues they better clean up!!

Your first paragraph of ville is how I see Ville sometimes I have a hard time embracing such an awesome team cuz I assume everyone else knows there awesome and now our awesome team now has to over perform but these thoughts are stupid so early in such a weird season. Ville offense is intense

Is ville gonna take overly lopsided action? Both teams have a number next to them and canes a pretty public team, I think there some hype around them with king at qb. Just curious, I don’t get to carried away with worrying bout that stuff.

Is ville gonna take overly lopsided action? Both teams have a number next to them and canes a pretty public team, I think there some hype around them with king at qb. Just curious, I don’t get to carried away with worrying bout that stuff.

It's not probably something to get all caught up with. However this game just struck me as one where stands will be made on first impressions and ville won the eye contest. It seems like manny Diaz is a simpleton compared to satterfield

That 61 total might be a tad high? I gotta do some more work and maybe you right ville is square, after all I saw -1.5 and bet them right away without even doing why work!!! Lol.

I can’t wait to try and cap Gtech vs ucf!

That 61 total might be a tad high? I gotta do some more work and maybe you right ville is square, after all I saw -1.5 and bet them right away without even doing why work!!! Lol.

I can’t wait to try and cap Gtech vs ucf!

UCF has very good qb that is where I am at moment, ucf scared malcontents are gone. Sims was getting better as game progressed and I think tech D is real as well as coach collins cult of personality

It's not probably something to get all caught up with. However this game just struck me as one where stands will be made on first impressions and ville won the eye contest. It seems like manny Diaz is a simpleton compared to satterfield

could be. Again I certainly jumped right away but that has more to do with last year and my feelings bout ville than how either looked last week. I expected ville to do at least as well they did, had they not botched those punts score woulda looked far more lopsided. Canes covered also.

UCF has very good qb that is where I am at moment, ucf scared malcontents are gone. Sims was getting better as game progressed and I think tech D is real as well as coach collins cult of personality

they need to get more pressure but I thought the secondary played really well. I was pretty impressed with sims. They gonna have to clean up red zone and kicking game to have a shot.

could be. Again I certainly jumped right away but that has more to do with last year and my feelings bout ville than how either looked last week. I expected ville to do at least as well they did, had they not botched those punts score woulda looked far more lopsided. Canes covered also.

The smartest cappers are the most fundamental. I like where your head is at

There no way not to be impressed with how easily tech moved the ball between the 20s on the noles. I was surprised when I saw they punted 3x (Which still impressive) cause I don’t recall many possessions that ended before they got pretty deep into noles territory!

Sims gonna be a good one. He a freshman isn’t he?

6'3" 215lb mobile freshman that can spin it bro

Tech prolly realizes field goals aren't going to do it verse UCF and coach huepal. It's amazing that guy was such a great qb because he doesn't look like some older athlete, that's for sure

There no way not to be impressed with how easily tech moved the ball between the 20s on the noles. I was surprised when I saw they punted 3x (Which still impressive) cause I don’t recall many possessions that ended before they got pretty deep into noles territory!

Exactly and FSU defense is good prolly equal to ucf

Is ucf QB mobile? That one my biggest concerns with tech d, lack of pressure and when they did get penetration noles qb was escaping the pocket rather easily. Then when they brought in the other kid who more a runner than passer he was able to get chunks of yardage with his legs.

Is ucf QB mobile? That one my biggest concerns with tech d, lack of pressure and when they did get penetration noles qb was escaping the pocket rather easily. Then when they brought in the other kid who more a runner than passer he was able to get chunks of yardage with his legs.

Gabriel is a passer, not so much a runner but he can scramble

Miami has great d and good FG kicker, offense is kinda getting better. I'm thinking 2.5 looks good.

I'm definitely playing BC

is that kid Brown back playing qb for BC this year? I thought he was really improved throwing the ball then he went and got hurt early in the season and i lost interest in bc!!

How much that run you?

How much that run you?

Its shared with my wealthy ex. We split about half a hundred. My daughter speaks Spanish, gringa and she loves the school. It's my only child, so I chalk it up, but full tuition with absentee professors is about a bridge too far for me. My daughter is confident and the city life is a good fit for her at the moment.

Its shared with my wealthy ex. We split about half a hundred. My daughter speaks Spanish, gringa and she loves the school. It's my only child, so I chalk it up, but full tuition with absentee professors is about a bridge too far for me. My daughter is confident and the city life is a good fit for her at the moment.
That’s cool. I know it’s expensive. Good school

It is noteworthy that Duke's 2017 All ACC CB Mark Gilbert who missed all but 2 games in 2018 with a hip injury and missed all of 2019 with follow-up surgery and rehab started this past week and was the teams #2 tackler.

Cutcliffe's comments on his return:

"Mark was smiling on Friday and smiling on Saturday. He and I had a couple of times to talk. I know he was thrilled to be back out there. I thought he played well. His coverage skills were outstanding. He really wasn't rusty. He got into the physical fray which we've had him do some live contact here in camp not as much as you would like, but got some. And I think you know he got a little banged up early and was not going to come out of that game. He told me this: "I'm not coming out. I'm going to finish." But he's ok. Looks like you know he's going to bounce right back. And I think he'll be much better this week than he was the first week because you get that nervousness, the butterflies will be somewhat gone this week."

The BC and Duke game is certainly hard to have a ton of confidence in one way or the other. So much mystery about what BC will be like. With Duke having a game already played and coming off a quality opponent that tested them, I would think they are ahead of where BC is going to be with their all new everything. You must really have some strong insight into their team...or you really didn't like what you saw out of Duke last week? I was encouraged what I saw out of Duke last week compared to 2019, both offensively and defensively. Where is BC's edge in your eyes? I do like Bailey, I don't think losing Dillon is a big deal because I've seen Bailey play. And OL is always strong at BC.

Back