Week 3 Discussion Thread (Odds Out For September 19 and September 26)

The BC and Duke game is certainly hard to have a ton of confidence in one way or the other. So much mystery about what BC will be like. With Duke having a game already played and coming off a quality opponent that tested them, I would think they are ahead of where BC is going to be with their all new everything. You must really have some strong insight into their team...or you really didn't like what you saw out of Duke last week? I was encouraged what I saw out of Duke last week compared to 2019, both offensively and defensively. Where is BC's edge in your eyes? I do like Bailey, I don't think losing Dillon is a big deal because I've seen Bailey play. And OL is always strong at BC.

Definitely more a hunch, I'm into HC and his WR transfer from tOsu, the cal Dline transfer and of course the 5 star ND qb transfer.

Preflop bet before the world sees that BC is a different program going forward.

I thought Duke o looked ordinary but of course they were against a top 10 d

But at this point I feel awkward cuz I bought 4.5 when it dropped. We will see

I think your read for optimism on BC is warranted. If they can recover to a former self on D and the O clicks off the bat, they could be something. Message forum BC fans are pretty excited about the year.

As much as I would like to bet Liberty. I just dont want to do it vs. WKY. If things go poorly for them vs this strong team, I will be looking to back them vs. FIU

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – North Carolina’s first-ever non-conference game against Charlotte on Saturday has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns within the 49ers football program.

Charlotte announced the decision on Thursday morning, noting that the decision was made due to the impact that contact tracing quarantines had on its offensive line. Several offensive linemen were placed into quarantine following the school's COVID-19 contact tracing protocols.

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – North Carolina’s first-ever non-conference game against Charlotte on Saturday has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns within the 49ers football program.

Charlotte announced the decision on Thursday morning, noting that the decision was made due to the impact that contact tracing quarantines had on its offensive line. Several offensive linemen were placed into quarantine following the school's COVID-19 contact tracing protocols.

NC is one of those states like Michigan, Maryland you just cant trust with their politics of the plandemic. NC as a state is falling fast.

More facts below...

Below are some quotes from Bubba and Mack...Hopefully we can find someone to fill the open date on 9/26...

"This certainly is disappointing, especially for the student-athletes on both teams who had prepared hard for this game and were really looking forward to this match-up," Cunningham said. "We knew when we decided to play football in this environment that cancellations would be a possibility, because the health and safety of our teams and community is our priority. We are looking at opportunities to add an opponent on Saturday, Sept. 26, which is currently scheduled as an open date." - Bubba C.

"We’re disappointed we won’t have a chance to play this weekend, but completely understand and appreciate Charlotte’s transparency," Brown said. "We were looking forward to competing against Coach Healy’s group. As you know, we’re good friends so I hate this for him and his team. Hopefully, everyone affected is okay and we wish them the best as they move through the season.” - Mack B.

Looking through the bye-week teams, looks like Coastal could be a potential opponent as I wouldn't expect Clemson to happen even though they also have a bye that week.

If my count is right, we have had 11 games postponed out of 60 scheduled weeks 0 - 3. That is 18% of the totals games to date. Zero in week 0 out of 1 (0%). One in week 1 out of 7 (14%). Five in week 2 out of 25 (20%) and Five in week 3 (so far) out of 27 (18.5%). Will be interesting to see if it continues at this rate, if anything we will get more as more games come online.

Maybe the perception from the WKU game was just a 14 pt win on the surface, but underneath LV dominated.
And their QB was horrible....WKy's receivers got zero separation in his defense though....WKy did not start moving the ball until the 4th Qtr when the offense started going to more WR screens and runs outside the tackles.

I just think Gabriel is SO much better than FSU qb. They have speed everywhere. I think this game will win fight of the night.

I'm prolly betting over and UCF

And their QB was horrible....WKy's receivers got zero separation in his defense though....WKy did not start moving the ball until the 4th Qtr when the offense started going to more WR screens and runs outside the tackles.

wku did hit the long bomb that was wide open but wr fumbled the ball when he got tackled around the 10. For most part I agree tho, ville defense shut them down.

Navy has gotten after it pretty good in practice the last week-and-half since the BYU game. Not surprising.

Question is who will be QB. Morris started and was benched for Olsen. OC/QB coach essentially told Olsen he wasn't good enough to play QB and kid entered transfer portal. So it is either back to Morris or 4 other candidates who have never taken a "varsity" snap.

Navy and Tulane (play every year since 2015), last 3 games have been decided by 3 points or less. Dog is 3-0 ATS. Dog is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games with the lone loss coming by 1 point.

Looking at a bunch of dog plays for me, which is (quite frankly) not my ususal.......

Liberty +14
Navy +7
BC +6...but worried that this is a bit too popular of a dog

Feeling Notre Dame too, just b/c they looked so shitty last week......we'll see......

And, my prop bet of the year......+200 on "NO"......Can P12 get their shit together and actually play a game before thanksgiving

Looking at a bunch of dog plays for me, which is (quite frankly) not my ususal.......

Liberty +14
Navy +7

Feeling Notre Dame too, just b/c they looked so shitty last week......we'll see......

And, my prop bet of the year......+200 on "NO"......Can P12 get their shit together and actually play a game before thanksgiving

I’m liking liberty as well, 14 seems like a ton for a pretty bad wku offense.

is BC that popular? Line climbing dukes way and I’ve heard lot of ppl talking them up after hanging w ND. It a stay away for me cause just have no idea what bc gonna look like.

Pitt got me beating the under by themselves last week but then I got a push cause they shortened the game? Guess when ya hot you hot as I was last week! Lol.

despite that I’m going back to the under well again. I don’t see much chance in hell cuse scores more than 2tds. I like pitt but I don’t expect to see them hanging 40+ every week! Biggest concern is they get short fields as the defense gonna dominate but think I’m being incredible generous even saying 14 for cuse. Something like 38-10. I should prob just man up and lay the points also.

I just think Gabriel is SO much better than FSU qb. They have speed everywhere. I think this game will win fight of the night.

I'm prolly betting over and UCF
Played o63 myself. Saw something interesting, GTech pace is night/day from last year, averaged 24 seconds a play vs FSU, by comparison, the U was 23 seconds/play vs. UAB. Also, GTech 480 yards of offense, 2 picks deep in FSU territory and only 13 points. ..we know UCF is gonna go 100 MPH, enough for me to play over.

Played o63 myself. Saw something interesting, GTech pace is night/day from last year, averaged 24 seconds a play vs FSU, by comparison, the U was 23 seconds/play vs. UAB. Also, GTech 480 yards of offense, 2 picks deep in FSU territory and only 13 points. ..we know UCF is gonna go 100 MPH, enough for me to play over.

Great to hear and read. I got cute and played UCF o34.5 earlier. I want GT to win. I heard Paul Stone capping game and he is on tech even though the situation is usually a fade. Techs defense looked solid but we will know more by the end of the first half. It seems like peeps are on Tech and under. Good luck knamelis. Have an awesome Saturday. Simms is very exciting, Gabriel too. It should be very entertaining. Let's go.

Pitt got me beating the under by themselves last week but then I got a push cause they shortened the game? Guess when ya hot you hot as I was last week! Lol.

despite that I’m going back to the under well again. I don’t see much chance in hell cuse scores more than 2tds. I like pitt but I don’t expect to see them hanging 40+ every week! Biggest concern is they get short fields as the defense gonna dominate but think I’m being incredible generous even saying 14 for cuse. Something like 38-10. I should prob just man up and lay the points also.

I got cute here too and played cuse u13.5 and put Pitt in one of those unlosable parlay types.

Liberty +14
Navy +7

Scared about navy, like the rest jimmmmmmy

Let's go

I got cute here too and played cuse u13.5 and put Pitt in one of those unlosable parlay types.

i would think what happened last year where pitt went into half up 24-6 then ended up only winning 27-20 should keep them focused here. They sacked cuse 9x in that game and had 12TFL. I do not expect cuse to score more than 1td really. Maybe a fg or 2 with it.

Apologies if this had been mentioned before. but buddy just told me Tulsa has only had 3 padded practices ?...

Apologies if this had been mentioned before. but buddy just told me Tulsa has only had 3 padded practices ?...

I read there was a 17 day stretch they only had 9 practices due to a coronavirus pause in activities. Not sure what level of contact they had for those. But that was the reason the game got pushed back a week to allow Tulsa more practice time after they resumed. OSU was sympathetic to the cause and agreed to move the game a week later.

I hear from some people around the MTSU program that they are expecting to get rolled by Troy. My guess is that the Army bloodbath is coloring their opinions but these are folks that know football and know what MTSU has in terms of their roster. I’m not going crazy on it but I think Troy under 3 is worth a shot.

MTSU did get beat up pretty good at Army. Their JUCO C Palmer, who coaches said elevated their entire OL mentality, was lost on the first series and might be out the season. Then 2 would-be starters (DT Branch, S Stribling) and a key reserve (LB Butler) on D were injured and still out.

I really like the situation for MTSU, but have a hard time justifying a play on them and in fact did pick Troy in a pick'em league although I won't have any money on this game.

Troy has some positives in their favor, but OL and DL are questions on paper for them and they are breaking in a new QB.

Sun Belt Fun Belt. Figures you'd get a lot of volatility on a team that hasn't been a road favorite in atleast 5 years. ULM has won 4 straight. I do kinda like Texas State here...ULM has had a lot of trouble this offseason. Just can't put much stock in a team like Texas State too. These kind of games, who knows.

Sun Belt Fun Belt. Figures you'd get a lot of volatility on a team that hasn't been a road favorite in atleast 5 years. ULM has won 4 straight. I do kinda like Texas State here...ULM has had a lot of trouble this offseason. Just can't put much stock in a team like Texas State too. These kind of games, who knows.

Yeah my play is purely based on a gut feel nothing more.

I read there was a 17 day stretch they only had 9 practices due to a coronavirus pause in activities. Not sure what level of contact they had for those. But that was the reason the game got pushed back a week to allow Tulsa more practice time after they resumed. OSU was sympathetic to the cause and agreed to move the game a week later.
on the Lombardi line they just said Tulsa had 6 practices going in to this game.
Numbers are all over, but low none the less.

on the Lombardi line they just said Tulsa had 6 practices going in to this game.

6 practices this week? Not counting what they had in early Sept and August? Forgive me, I am just a suspicious type on this kind of stuff. Tulsaworld.com indicated the suspension of practice in August and how important it was to move this game so they could properly practice in prep for this game.

Great to hear and read. I got cute and played UCF o34.5 earlier. I want GT to win. I heard Paul Stone capping game and he is on tech even though the situation is usually a fade. Techs defense looked solid but we will know more by the end of the first half. It seems like peeps are on Tech and under. Good luck knamelis. Have an awesome Saturday. Simms is very exciting, Gabriel too. It should be very entertaining. Let's go.

Over for me too.

I listen to lombardi lines, applebaum jumped ship from SI just in time. He has good nuggets. Patrick Maher annoys me kinda, but he is enthusiastic and keeps it rolling. Lombardi is fundamental. Good stuff

Back