*****Week 17 how is there not a thread yet Discussion and in-game*****

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
I think this, like the last day of the NBA season, should be beatable in terms of scenarios with teams needing wins and others that do not want them

Buffalo would have been one of them, doesn't look like that's the case anymore.

i.e. TB and TEN don't want to win, will it happen though? Thoughts?

How do I stay away from fading the ever loving shit out of Connor shaw and Logan Thomas? Line I get on Ravens as they need to win. Feel like line on 9ers is bait.

falcons are laying 4? weird line.

nyg should shovel the dirt on the phi's season

only significant reverse (at least a point) is washington. they might be live.

is new england playing for anything other than their home win streak? not saying theyll lay down but maybe bench the starters at halftime?

imma be on SD. after last week in phillip i trust.

imma stay away from the teams wanting to lose angle. pride is a weird thing to try and cap. especially in the nfl.

Who the hell knows how hoodie will play this one. Before the Denver loss Brady was on local radio & was asked about the scenarios. He said even if Den loses & they haveno chance to better the situation he would love to play the whole game & score as much as possible.

I may wait til right before kickoff in hopes of some intel. Maybe a Pats first half bet but I think Buff wins the game.

Like GB to roll but bought down to 7.

Think Cinci blew their was Monday night & Pitt shit kicks them.

Min over Chi maybe. Think da Bears want to put this season in the rearview. Teams playing in opposite directions. Will most definitely be on the over...once my suck ass book releases all the fucking lines that is.

Id be shocked if Brady plays more than a quarter.

Love the Giants to whip Philly who could care less. Even if they did care Eli could throw for 400 yards on that secondary.

I expect a good effort from KC at home on Sunday but Rivers has a tendency to throw it in our ass at Arrowhead. Last year was an epic comeback by SD.

Steelers are rolling and I expect them to win.

Also, in a very odd situation, how bout TB? Payton should be telling his team one hundred percent lose this game. If they lose it keeps Mariota out of their division

Also, in a very odd situation, how bout TB? Payton should be telling his team one hundred percent lose this game. If they lose it keeps Mariota out of their division

i very highly doubt that this happening dude

Hmm why would a team care if a Young star quarterback has to face them twice a year for the next 10 years??
Following in the footsteps of other star NFL QB's from Oregon like Jeremiah Masoli, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, Kellen Clemens, Tony Graziani...

you are overthinking things if you are thinking about the other teams draft picks that may or may not work out next year in December

Alex,

let's just imagine the Steelers and the Bengals were both out of the playoffs and the Bengals were currently in the number one draft position, and the two teams were playing in the final week. Tell me you would not want ur boys to tank so they dont get a prodigy at qb. I don't think you can just brush that point off. Sure he COULD be a bust, but considering how bad the rest of the class is at the position and the lack of good free-agent quarterback's as well, I am absolutely taking away my division rivals chance at even possibly landing a gem

maybe, as a fan. I personally don't see coaches thinking like that, but maybe you have a point.

I expect a good effort from KC at home on Sunday but Rivers has a tendency to throw it in our ass at Arrowhead. Last year was an epic comeback by SD.

there was a really bad call that allowed them to win, right? I liked SD at the end of last year, but this year I do not as they can not run the ball. Don't really like backing Alex Smith to win games, but win-and-you're-in situations never seem to work out well for the teams that just need to win

he's gonna suck so they want to beat them to force them into taking the future bust

Crowning his ass before he takes an nfl snap.
Get ur head outta mariota's ass please Dan

Dallas has nothing to play for this week. They are pretty much locked into the 3 seed. Unless SEATTLE loses. Really don't see that happening. Garret says starters will play. But the real question is for how long.

Dallas has nothing to play for this week. They are pretty much locked into the 3 seed. Unless SEATTLE loses. Really don't see that happening. Garret says starters will play. But the real question is for how long.
With THAT being said. I really don't want to face Aaron Rodgers at home with that rocket launcher of an arm. So Go PACKERS!!!!!! On Sunday.

LOL

agree. Mariota hasn't done anything yet. great guy with a great attitude, but he can be a bust just like most of the Heisman winners.

The "Heisman bust" narrative is so ridiculous. There is no curse that makes those who win the award suddenly suck. This kid is good. Cant seeing him being awful. Worst case hes inconsistent. But my moneys on him being a star

Guys, let's talk pro football week 17 here. Think you got a bit sidetracked.

Pitt wins
Ben throws for over 400 yds
aj green doesn't play, rests his injury to get ready for playoffs...

The "Heisman bust" narrative is so ridiculous. There is no curse that makes those who win the award suddenly suck. This kid is good. Cant seeing him being awful. Worst case hes inconsistent. But my moneys on him being a star

No, there's not a curse, but it seems pretty clear that just because a QB wins a Heisman doesn't mean a damn thing about their prospects in the NFL. It's not that they suddenly suck either, they have sucked all along (as far as NFL standards for QBs have gone), and simply won an award in college. Tim Tebow is the ONLY Heisman winning QB to have a playoff victory out of the last 16 Heisman winning QBs....that's not just a coincidence it would seem. Seriously though, think about that stat for a minute....not one QB who has won a Heisman, outside of Tebow (who couldn't even be an actual NFL QB for more than a few games), since 1987 has even won ONE playoff game in the NFL!!!

I like Mariota, and hopefully he's great in the NFL....but to suggest that a team would lose on purpose so that a division rival wouldn't be able to draft someone (let alone a QB), is absolutely ludicrous. Most NFL coaches are fighting to simply stay in the game, there aren't too many who are planning 5-10 years in the future worrying about a possible QB their rival may draft. I could understand if you said that upper management may want the team to lose, but Sean Payton is not telling his team to lose, and would scoff at the suggestion if the GM or owner mentioned it to him.

i agree winning and keeping a job is the most important thing...

ATL holding at 3.5 is interesting, would love to see CAR win so ARI can at least move on to the divisional round.

I really like Chicago, think MIN has had a very easy schedule and has looked better than they are (though I've been riding them a bit) but idk how we can know if CHI has quit or not. Inspired Cutler could be a good guy to have, though it could easily go the other way, too

KC is probably my most likely play, no longer 2.5 and now 3 makes me less likely to play it but still the most likely play. Philly is very tempting a lot because of variation from what I made the line and a lot cuz Eli can lose a game for a team much more quickly than Sanchize. Not sure how they stop ODB, though

No, there's not a curse, but it seems pretty clear that just because a QB wins a Heisman doesn't mean a damn thing about their prospects in the NFL. It's not that they suddenly suck either, they have sucked all along (as far as NFL standards for QBs have gone), and simply won an award in college. Tim Tebow is the ONLY Heisman winning QB to have a playoff victory out of the last 16 Heisman winning QBs....that's not just a coincidence it would seem. Seriously though, think about that stat for a minute....not one QB who has won a Heisman, outside of Tebow (who couldn't even be an actual NFL QB for more than a few games), since 1987 has even won ONE playoff game in the NFL!!!

I like Mariota, and hopefully he's great in the NFL....but to suggest that a team would lose on purpose so that a division rival wouldn't be able to draft someone (let alone a QB), is absolutely ludicrous. Most NFL coaches are fighting to simply stay in the game, there aren't too many who are planning 5-10 years in the future worrying about a possible QB their rival may draft. I could understand if you said that upper management may want the team to lose, but Sean Payton is not telling his team to lose, and would scoff at the suggestion if the GM or owner mentioned it to him.

i absolutely agree with that, but most of time time we KNOW the qb isnt going to be great in the NFL. Off the top of my head, only Leinhart had real NFL expectations as a high pick. I am nto counting modern guys either because their book is far from finished. RG3 was well on his way to winning a playoff game until he got hurt too.

But I think we basically agree, that winning the Heisman doesnt guarantee success but it also doesnt put a magical curse that guarantees failure like some seem to be implying. A lot of Heisman winners are system qbs who nobody thinks is gonna be any good anyway. I think Mariota is different. You can say hes a product of Oregons system, but he looks the part to me. We shall see how it works out, but if all I had to do was lose a meaningless game to keep him out of my division, I would make sure the Bucs see a whole lot of Luke McCown

i agree winning and keeping a job is the most important thing...

ATL holding at 3.5 is interesting, would love to see CAR win so ARI can at least move on to the divisional round.

I really like Chicago, think MIN has had a very easy schedule and has looked better than they are (though I've been riding them a bit) but idk how we can know if CHI has quit or not. Inspired Cutler could be a good guy to have, though it could easily go the other way, too

KC is probably my most likely play, no longer 2.5 and now 3 makes me less likely to play it but still the most likely play. Philly is very tempting a lot because of variation from what I made the line and a lot cuz Eli can lose a game for a team much more quickly than Sanchize. Not sure how they stop ODB, though

dont play philly bro. nyg -3 is one of the top 5 plays i have seen all year. philly wont get off the bus, and at least Ginas are having fun every week showing off their new toy. NYG and every OBJ prop you can find

I kinda like Daniel....he isn't afraid to run the ball.

I bet NYG -2.5....Pit -3 (hook)....Gonna hit KC pk. Also will be teasing Green Bay.

[video=youtube;L1YdCMoCg6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1YdCMoCg6U[/video]

Should be noted that this was the fourth quarter of a preseason game. So those defenses were not exactly top unit. Having said that the kid has incredible make-up & attitude is pretty much anti-Manziel. The Raven secondary sucks too. I would not be surprised at all if the Browns hang around behind him

dont play philly bro. nyg -3 is one of the top 5 plays i have seen all year. philly wont get off the bus, and at least Ginas are having fun every week showing off their new toy. NYG and every OBJ prop you can find

i know you're in touch with the Iggles, but I think you're so close to it that you may not be seeing it all clearly or maybe seeing it too clearly. Careers are based off winning football games, I don't get why they're gonna play so poorly here just cuz this is their last game and there are no playoff possibilities

I kinda like Daniel....he isn't afraid to run the ball.

I bet NYG -2.5....Pit -3 (hook)....Gonna hit KC pk. Also will be teasing Green Bay.

what gives you a reason to like him? He's fat (but seriously he's played one meaningful game in his career)

Connor Shaw is a great dude, i root for him and the Ravens are just an enigma. They could certainly destroy CLE, but division games are different beasts

No Josh Gordon tomorrow (team suspension) if that affects any of your thoughts on the Browns ATS. Not sure it matters much for this game, he's been kind of a lifeless dud since returning anyway.

No Josh Gordon tomorrow (team suspension) if that affects any of your thoughts on the Browns ATS. Not sure it matters much for this game, he's been kind of a lifeless dud since returning anyway.

true about how he's been, but BAL has secondary issues so missing a potential game-changing WR is a problem

Seems like that Gordon suspension is a business decision, more than anything. He was late to the walk-through, but since he's suspended for the game (and not just a half) and won't be on the active roster, he will only get credit for 5 games this year...it takes 6 games to have the season count towards his FA eligibility after 2015, and now he'll be a restricted FA as opposed to an unrestricted FA after next season. The Browns can obviously then match any offer, or get compensation for him if another team signs him.

I haven't heard any 'official' statements from the Browns (maybe Tip has more insight), but most likely they aren't going to come out and say that's why they suspended him....but that's gotta be the real reason, regardless of how they're going to try and spin it.

Back