week 1 LVSC opening lines

They scored 38 and 30 against Tulane and UAB last year, teams that are fairly comparable to La Tech. Of course against the power teams of the SEC they didn't fair as well

Very fair point VK. They also went about getting that 21.5 average in an extremely odd way. They had plenty of low scores but scored more than 30 points on 5 different occasions.

Actually if you broke it down based on defenses faced , msu actually scored pretty well against below average defenses like what latech will sport.

I just need to find a game like the Michigan State at UAB game last year. That was my week 1 sweetheart from '07 but I can't find anything that I like that much yet this year

This seems like a sloppy 24-13 type game that makes you pull your hair out because both teams will likely kick away some chances.

Actually if you broke it down based on defenses faced , msu actually scored pretty well against below average defenses like what latech will sport.

One step ahead :36_11_6: J/K. I must have posted that about Tulane and UAB as soon as you posted

I just need to find a game like the Michigan State at UAB game last year. That was my week 1 sweetheart from '07 but I can't find anything that I like that much yet this year

BAR was pushing that game heavy last year heading into week 1 and i somehow laid off of it ........ made it look easy.

BC has way too many questions for me to look at them week 1. They will NOT travel to Cleveland. Their fans travel horribly and there will likely be more Kent State fans there for what its worth.

The BC defense should be very good but who knows what to expect out of their offense.

I was hoping for more so that i could back kent st. .. number seems right to me so ill let others discuss.

You're betting $1100 on the Reds over but end up on dial-up internet sometimes. How does that happen?

I won't be on either side, but would probably take Kent St. if I had to.

Maybe an under? Kent St. will try to ride Jarvis against a team that allowed 2.4 ypc LY (even though they only have four returning) and BC will be without a bunch of offense.

steele has following weights for kent st dl ..... thinking boston college tries to pound them with no matt ryan to throw.

de 246
dt 269
nt 280
de 223

i dont like that. one thing bc has is some fatties.

Last edited:
I like a team total under on Kent State. That BC defense is going to be solid even though they only return 4 starters. They get Toal and Raji back which equals 2 potential all conference guys that aren't listed as starters b/c of injuries last season. The only real questions are in their secondary so if Kent State can protect and toss they may be OK

a lot of projected lines from other cappers had this one coming out at washington st -2.5 or so. i was hoping for that. very disappointed to see this number.

Well they hit the nail on the head with that line. That many points actually makes me lean Washington State a bit but I'm not sure having 8 returning starters on defense is actually a good thing for them

After Uggla's performance tonight, he should never be allowed to play in the All-Star game again.

They lose Brink , and that was their offense. Check out what happened to washington state when they faced good spread offenses last year ..

at arizona lost 20-48
at oregon lost 7-53
home to oregon st lost 17-52

they cant matchup. no fucking way in hell this team can match okie state score for score. especially with a qb making his first start no matter who wins the job.

I think Washington St's D is bit underrated. Sure, they gave up 32 ppg last year, but that was againsst an insane conference sched that featured only two breaks (idaho, SDSU - whos offense wasn't bad either).

They only gave up 3.9 ypc last year, and I think that Mattingly is one of the underrated LBs in CFB. He just gets lost in the bottom of that PAC-10.

In their defense they held ASU to 23 and Cal to 20, but otherwise they sucked dick. I actually like Zac Robinson a lot too especially with that O-line they bring back

oklahoma state defense by all accounts showed MASSIVE imrpovement in the spring.

washington state has a new coach with new system too. too much to ask here and while the game is in seattle which benefits the cougars , that isnt the same atmosphere as they get in pullman ... i make the homefield edge smaller for this game.

i know some are gonna have a hard time trusting okie state here .... if you do ..... bet the over ... because okie state is going to score like a mother in this game and if wash st is going to stay within the number , so are they.

still liking okie state ... ilove this game.

They lose Brink , and that was their offense. Check out what happened to washington state when they faced good spread offenses last year ..

at arizona lost 20-48
at oregon lost 7-53
home to oregon st lost 17-52

they cant matchup. no fucking way in hell this team can match okie state score for score. especially with a qb making his first start no matter who wins the job.

They had a minus 8 TO margin against Oregon St. I also don't like Ok. St's spread as much as Oregon's or even Arizona's.

I also tend to think that Zac Robinson is a flash in the pan.

In their defense they held ASU to 23 and Cal to 20, but otherwise they sucked dick. I actually like Zac Robinson a lot too especially with that O-line they bring back

arizona state couldnt run on anyone last year and played a bad game at washington state ... that honestly they should ahve lost to the cougars.

cal was so banged up last year .... again both of those teams are pro-set teams .... washington state couldnt defend the spread type teams for doodoo.

In anotehr thread someone said this team is having off the field issues as well.

okie state will average more per game scoring this year than either arizona or oregon while playing in the big12 , not the pac-10.

i think we disagree here.

okie state will average more per game scoring this year than either arizona or oregon while playing in the big12 , not the pac-10.

i think we disagree here.

That's possible, I was referring more to last year's teams though as we were talking about Washington St's struggles against the spread LY.

Enjoyed it fellas but I have to head to bed. Need to be up in 6 hours...we'll see how that goes. Anyways, I'll catch back up tomorrow. Great conversation tonight

That's possible, I was referring more to last year's teams though as we were talking about Washington St's struggles against the spread LY.

yeah realized that after i typed it.

i prefer okie state over zona last year but obviously not over oregon.

Northern Illy should be greatly improved last year, but something tells me that Minny takes care of business here. After their struggles against Bowling Green, Miami OH, and FAU last year, they should know not to take this for granted.

They play improved BG and FAU teams again this season, so this one is a must.

No real lean, but gun to my head I take Minny.

can we get garfather or lindetrain or some other lurkeers to join in please.

also , did cb go to bed ?

Northern Illy should be greatly improved last year, but something tells me that Minny takes care of business here. After their struggles against Bowling Green, Miami OH, and FAU last year, they should know not to take this for granted.

They play improved BG and FAU teams again this season, so this one is a must.

No real lean, but gun to my head I take Minny.

5dimes opened this at -14 in their d2 section ............ at that number i would have played n illy. not touching this game at this number.

i know you think n illy is one of the most imrpoved teams in the nation year over year .

Back