Wednesday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 19 Wed 2023

Ended up being out late last night, bet few props before I left Illinios early this morning/late last night depending how you look at it! Lol. Slept in, no point posting those now they either moved or starting. My bad.

I do like cards today but obviously I’m not laying -200 on this team. I played the Ff -.5 and team total over 5.5.

Appears draft kings being some pussies (what else is new?). Oakland has a legit prospect with big league stuff starting today and no k prop! That some weak shit, gonna keep peeping and see if they ever put one out. Could be a good game if kid not too excited, not like he pitching in front of a huge crowd! Everyone knows I like steele but not super interested in his props today. Oakland could turn into a under team if they start getting pitching! Waldichuk looked pretty good last night, the offense was just horrific, had bases juiced in 1sy inning and got nothing, they really didn’t threaten to score again rest of night! Lol. Anyways this Miller kid supposed to be the real deal, easy power, they say he throws 100+ and sustains it thru entire outing with allegedly pinpoint control! Be exciting to see that!!

Crazy stat.. Rasmussen has thrown his cutter 93 times and has yielded 0 hits.

I got him ov5.5 -110 in middle the night, thought they were slipping today:,cobb 4.5 wax silly also. I shoulda posted them while I was over there drinking and playing tables but never got around to it. When I woke up they had taken a ton of juice. I got 1 more but he moved from 4,5 to 5,5

Guess you could play a middle if ya got DK and FanDuel but not worth the juice to try and land 5, lol.

I keep forgetting I should put some money in FanDuel also now that I’m using the app some. Forgot you had told me they often have much different prices on props! I made a account during March madness to get the 200 free bet but I cashed it out after I hit it, lol.

And now cards gave up lead, fuck. Did they think 3 runs was gonna hold up with woodford on the mound??

Cws as dogs is playable imo, I played clevinger k’s before it moved up but if I wasn’t on him I’d prob play chisox Ff.

good for cards to get sone offense going cause they bout to get shit on this weekend facing seattle pitchers in Seattle, lol.

Damn the Braves are cheap once again. That lineup gotta be the best in baseball and it not particularly close. Is Nick Martinez really gonna hold them down? Will we be getting shadows in this game at some point? Martinez wasn’t all that good at atl, Morton was ok vs pads, I just don’t see many middling starters shutting Braves down for 5-6 innings.

Joe Ryan is interesting tonight, ov 5.5 k’s +110 def worth a look at the price, he had raised he solid swinging strike percentage to elite this year, I don’t think it a fluke cause he has added a split finger fastball that has been a lights out 2 strike pitch. It also serves another purpose as it a good weapon to use on lefties, Ryan has never had a issue getting lefties out but his k/bb rate was significantly lower, this season that hasnt been the case thus far as he has elite ratio against both sides the plate! It really just a matter if we believe the up tick from a very good 12% swinging strike to the elite over 15%? I think the fact we can point to a new pitch being largely responsible makes it much easier to say the extra points are sustainable. Then this becomes really easy, guys with 15% and higher swinging strike rates are typically given higher numbers than 5.5! He facing a Sox lineup loaded with lefties tonight so we will see it on full deisplay! Sox lineup might be full of lefty bats but I don’t think it a particularly scary lineup,

I’ll happily take plus money to see if Ryan continues punching guys out at a higher clip. He also a guy that consistently goes 6+ innings so even if he back down in the 12% range he should go deep enough 1k per inning gets the cash.

I wrote that before I came over and bet it. For some reason Ryan got bet Down so I got ov 4.5 -175, parlayed it with O’s ml and with Porter jr ov 2.5 treys.

The O’s kinda scare me cause it seems like every fav has won today, makes you think a ugly dog or 2 win tonight. I really like Bradish tho, this is his 1st start back but he threw 5 innings in last rehab start so not worried bout him. Gore has been good but don’t think he this good and O’s hit lefties about as well
As anyone, obviously edge at the plate and can’t imagine they don’t have edge in pen. For whatever reason they making it cheap to play O’s this series. Had I played them straight I would have laid the -1.5 at +115.,

Crazy there really not a dog I like on the card, I guess gun to head id lean laa but not interested in playing them. Could just be a bad day for dogs, playing mostky dogs when I play sides it good when I avoid a day like this!! Can always play props instead along w picking out couple favs (cards Ff and now O’a). Surely a few dogs win so maybe tread lightly w O’s.

Crazy there really not a dog I like on the card, I guess gun to head id lean laa but not interested in playing them. Could just be a bad day for dogs, playing mostky dogs when I play sides it good when I avoid a day like this!! Can always play props instead along w picking out couple favs (cards Ff and now O’a). Surely a few dogs win so maybe tread lightly w O’s.
Interested in the Jays but calling them dogs at this point might not be accurate

Interested in the Jays but calling them dogs at this point might not be accurate

Yea more like a pk, just weird. I havnt been playing lot of dogs these series going on but none? So far it was right move cause favs dominating. Only thing I don’t like bout o’s but that not a good reason! I hate berrios but even after last good start his number still need to come down so he probably in line for another good start, had to be a bummer to him he was finally pitching really well and had to leave early taking a super hard liner off his leg. That Stros lineup is not very scary! If I had to play it id prob be on jays, I don’t love that so much money has came in on that line to where they might end up favs. Jays lineup is so much deeper tho and I do think berrios should be able to have another good outing, hell it might bust out 2-3 more dominant starts then when everyone loves him he get shelled!

Guess you could play a middle if ya got DK and FanDuel but not worth the juice to try and land 5, lol.

I keep forgetting I should put some money in FanDuel also now that I’m using the app some. Forgot you had told me they often have much different prices on props! I made a account during March madness to get the 200 free bet but I cashed it out after I hit it, lol.

I’ll be damn he landed 5, lol. I should listen to myself more!!

Back