Sunday Discussion Thread

he has been incredible against very good hitting teams (namely braves) in playoffs. obviously he wasn't gonna keep the 1 era but it comical to say he not deserving or isn't all star quality. yours eyes deceiving you.
Guess I could say I prefer Nola but you know how that goes

They have FOUR pitchers on the AS team. That's a joke. Ranger is a nice 3rd pitcher, same as I feel locally about Kelly when he's not hurt.

Good news for the locals! Merrill Kelly is starting bullpen sessions this week and Eduardo Rodriguez passed his final MRI Saturday and will start throwing shortly. Expected back late July/early August. Suddenly we have a rotation!

Guess I could say I prefer Nola but you know how that goes

They have FOUR pitchers on the AS team. That's a joke. Ranger is a nice 3rd pitcher, same as I feel locally about Kelly when he's not hurt.

Good news for the locals! Merrill Kelly is starting bullpen sessions this week and Eduardo Rodriguez passed his final MRI Saturday and will start throwing shortly. Expected back late July/early August. Suddenly we have a rotation!
What's weird to me with Ranger (I'm a big supporter of his, as he anchors my fantasy team right now, with Gaus and Framber shitting the bed) - is that he's not doing anything differently from last season, aside from gaining 2MPH on his sinker. Is it simply a difference in the ball MLB is using this year compared to last?

1720400083832.png
1720400088334.png

I sometimes wonder if some pitchers also got better having settled into the pitch clock since it came into play last year. Just another contributing factor maybe?
What's weird to me with Ranger (I'm a big supporter of his, as he anchors my fantasy team right now, with Gaus and Framber shitting the bed) - is that he's not doing anything differently from last season, aside from gaining 2MPH on his sinker. Is it simply a difference in the ball MLB is using this year compared to last?

I sometimes wonder if some pitchers also got better having settled into the pitch clock since it came into play last year. Just another contributing factor maybe?
I haven't thought about it as I try to simplify things but it's valid

Last edited:
This would be interesting to look into. Like a time to plate stat, to see pitcher tempo.
I watched the first couple innings of the Savannah Bananas game today on ESPN. Holy shit that was some of the most hilarious shit I've ever seen.

Gotta love another meaningless NYY/BOS game on Sunday night baseball if anyone actually watched. I saw the last pitch. On to something like a rerun of MacGuyver

Maybe I'm harder on Philly than I should be because of that but in no way should they have 4 pitchers on the all star team, that's f'n hilarious

Wheeler belongs at least, I've warmed up to him

you have finally earned to one the best 2-3 pitchers in the game! well at least there that! i been telling you he a beast for years! you have kinda talked me down a little on nola but philly staff is absolutely one the best in the nl, not sure how it debatable?

Today was fun as the breaks cut my way, lot of good overs cashed again today. Thankfully the clev over hit at the end but i had to sweat out the padres and mariners games overs til the end even made money betting against my yankees, always have to hold my nose betting on the red sox against the yanks but money is money. ha!

Gotta love another meaningless NYY/BOS game on Sunday night baseball if anyone actually watched. I saw the last pitch. On to something like a rerun of MacGuyver

i didn't watch any, even if i woulda left hospital in time and made to illinios and bet red sox i prob still woulda watched shark tank reruns or whatever i had on, lol.

im was napping, ate weed gummy and zanny before i left hospital so woke back up pretty stoked, lol.

Lightweight😄 Takes me 300-500 MG to feel it these days, i'm jealous of people who can eat one gummy, never messed with zanny but i magine that could intensify the thc in the gummy .....Hope the hospital was nothing too serious.

im was napping, ate weed gummy and zanny before i left hospital so woke back up pretty stoked, lol.
I spent 11.5 hours outside between 7:45pm on 7/4 and 7:15am on 7/5 because I misplaced my keys. Still in recovery. Was on 2.5 hours sleep so I'm sure that and the sun played in but that was the closest I've ever come to being a bum in my life. It was 108 when I finally passed out

Lightweight😄 Takes me 300-500 MG to feel it these days, i'm jealous of people who can eat one gummy, never messed with zanny but i magine that could intensify the thc in the gummy .....Hope the hospital was nothing too serious.

oh im super lightweight. i'll cut 10 milli into 3rds! 5 milli gets me nice and high! lol. if i keep eating them my tolerance might get up to eating a whole 10 milli but that my limit! lol . i wish i had same minimal tolerance for opiates, i can do enough of them to kill a horse and barely know it! lmao.

oh the hospital is terrible my wife is in very bad shape but thanks for asking.

Phone was deader than dead too

Options weren't available even though they could have been. Fuck man, don't lose your keys. If you're a homeowner you can pay it and get the locksmith but in an apartment, you just pass out and hopefully find AC

I spent 11.5 hours outside between 7:45pm on 7/4 and 7:15am on 7/5 because I misplaced my keys. Still in recovery. Was on 2.5 hours sleep so I'm sure that and the sun played in but that was the closest I've ever come to being a bum in my life. It was 108 when I finally passed out

i crashed hard at hospital last night i hadn't slept for shit this week with everything going on w her. luckily got some gummies and zanny bars so now im sleeping like champ!!

i crashed hard at hospital last night i hadn't slept for shit this week with everything going on w her. luckily got some gummies and zanny bars so now im sleeping like champ!!
I had a dude come up to me and ask if I needed an ambulance lol...just told him "no, I'm locked out" and he gave me bottled water. People tend to be good. But there were points in the night I crashed on that poolside chair and also points where I figured out I still had access to the gym so AC and pass out on the bench press lol

That one will be documented for the dumb shit I've done in life and there's a lot of that

skubal threw 18 change ups and got 14 swings and misses on sunday! he gets my vote for best pitcher in al, he prob best pitcher in game but wheeler has the postseason cred.

Back