Wednesday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, this is going to be a tragedy if the Jays and this sexy differential miss the playoffs.

Atlanta 4 up in the loss column now.

St Louis obviously peaking a step too early?

please don't end september pleeeeeeeease

leans:
hernandeze cuz i always lean MIA everyday even though they can't hit

MIKOLAS but StL just clinched a playoff spot so maybe they DGAF about a 17-game win streak

BERRIOS though fading NYY seems silly right now with a pretty questionable bullpen and possibly an inferior lineup since NYY is finally hitting after 6 months

HEARN if dogged since i still don't understand why LAA is favored @ TEX

LYNCH can we trust him? We know Plesac is trash whether KC lacks any and all power threats besides Salvy or not

GILBERTL why in the world is OAK favored every game? Bullpen is terrible even if they got a lead

grays but CIN is done now so that's a concern in line with their big bullpen concern

Man, this is going to be a tragedy if the Jays and this sexy differential miss the playoffs.

StL had to do it to get in though?

Can’t fault Richards on that bomb by Stanton, he made a good pitch, no way you should give up a hr on that location

please don't end september pleeeeeeeease

leans:
hernandeze cuz i always lean MIA everyday even though they can't hit

MIKOLAS but StL just clinched a playoff spot so maybe they DGAF about a 17-game win streak

BERRIOS though fading NYY seems silly right now with a pretty questionable bullpen and possibly an inferior lineup since NYY is finally hitting after 6 months

HEARN if dogged since i still don't understand why LAA is favored @ TEX

LYNCH can we trust him? We know Plesac is trash whether KC lacks any and all power threats besides Salvy or not

GILBERTL why in the world is OAK favored every game? Bullpen is terrible even if they got a lead

grays but CIN is done now so that's a concern in line with their big bullpen concern
Been tailing. Great job

imagine StL run ends tonight but the lineup should give us a clue about how much they care or how much they drank last night. Real worried the entire core, Goldy/O'Neill/Arenado all sit

not a believer in a lot of these teams who are entering the playoffs though:
MIL hitting
BOS bullpen
CHW general feeling
HOU bullpen
SF bullpen
NYY bullpen (hitting too when Stanton cools)
ATL general but bullpen too
TOR general but hitting isn't disciplined enough to work counts vs the best
StL everywhere despite hot streak

TB LAD still the pick of the litter in each

imagine StL run ends tonight but the lineup should give us a clue about how much they care or how much they drank last night. Real worried the entire core, Goldy/O'Neill/Arenado all sit

not a believer in a lot of these teams who are entering the playoffs though:
MIL hitting
BOS bullpen
CHW general feeling
HOU bullpen
SF bullpen
NYY bullpen (hitting too when Stanton cools)
ATL general but bullpen too
TOR general but hitting isn't disciplined enough to work counts vs the best
StL everywhere despite hot streak

TB LAD still the pick of the litter in each
Boston not even guaranteed to get in now. Brutal loss for them last night. Really rooting for M's to get in.

as feared Nootbaar leading off and O'Neill/Arenado/Edman/Yadi all out of the lineup yet StL still a slight favorite

Berrios has great stuff and has been striking out everybody, a major plus for me. Bullpen isn't lovely, but NYY may have more arms who aren't great either.

NYY lineup misses Sanchez as planned since he can't catch Cole, who has been good also of late. One bad start since August 16 (8 starts) is probably passable, but looking deeper his 3.2ip 3r (2er) on 9/7 vs TOR makes me think he won't have as easy of a time tonight. Road favorite says he should be far better than Berrios since bullpen isn't great

TOR bullpen had a lot of work last night, same for NYY after Taillon left with an injury. Neither closer used, but I prefer Romano to Chapman and they're at home. Most of each pen should be available, feels like it's worth a gamble though i'll admit i don't rate Cole like the market does and that's probably my fault

Back