Wednesday Discussion Thread

hilarious i finally decide to bite the bullet and back Baltimore and change-up guy blows the save. Valdez joins Hand on my illustrious list of blowers

May 12LESTER
happ
URQUIDY
harvey
davies
ryu
dunn

Davies is bad, but Hentges continues to climb and he might be worse only going 4 at the maximum unless he's really dominating?

grsoVER but couldn't tag you and do the same thing
so someone asked me about this, why I like overs more than unders, and it's evident in all sports except maybe football where I'll play the over more than the under, but let's think about it. Think of hockey, they changed the game to get more scoring, baseball they juiced balls to get more homers, they changed relief rules to speed up the game (which helps runscoring) etc. ... leagues have prioritized offense to get ratings up IMO. I'm not that old, but there isn't enough life to go around to sweat unders. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure there have been a ton of backdoor overs (i was the calamity of 4 this year). I also like overs early in MLB and unders in the second half when teams are established in their BP and SP are in a proper routine.

do we know if Bank is ok? Dudes been MIA and appreciated the fish commentary all jokes aside

so someone asked me about this, why I like overs more than unders, and it's evident in all sports except maybe football where I'll play the over more than the under, but let's think about it. Think of hockey, they changed the game to get more scoring, baseball they juiced balls to get more homers, they changed relief rules to speed up the game (which helps runscoring) etc. ... leagues have prioritized offense to get ratings up IMO. I'm not that old, but there isn't enough life to go around to sweat unders. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure there have been a ton of backdoor overs (i was the calamity of 4 this year). I also like overs early in MLB and unders in the second half when teams are established in their BP and SP are in a proper routine.

i agree with all of this, but you could have just said you will never get bailed out and hit an under

i agree with all of this, but you could have just said you will never get bailed out and hit an under
I apologize for the lack of vandy education (I think you attended), my business school taught me to just spew shit out left and right

I apologize for the lack of vandy education (I think you attended), my business school taught me to just spew shit out left and right

indeed i did, not sure they taught me anything though i was able to watch 1 SEC basketball victory in my two years there

Gallen has been awesome every time i've watched, not sure i agree
He was kinda the star of that trade and has been all I could ask for as a fan

Numbers should get better with arm strength and bunch of NL West, throw in a closed roof for most of the rest of the season he'll be fine

Fried off the IL, which seemed like a phantom injury since he was so bad to start the season. Step in the right direction in his last start, but @ WAS when it isn't warm and with that lineup i'm still not sure i believe. Supposedly a big time competitor and seemed to mix some Ks in with great control for what most resembles a sinkerballer living on corners in the past. He'll have to deal with a heavy R lineup, which feasts on pitch-to-contact guys. Fortunately for Fried, I don't think he sits in that category though he's slightly more than 1 K/IP

On the other side, Ryu was not great in his return from injury but should be better with each start. Acuna will be tough, but glad to be LvL on Freeman and then you hit the underachievers. Ozuna's horrific defense makes him a liability when he's hitting so poorly, Albies cleaning up is okay but then 5-8 is pretty weak since Riley has never been able to hit. Day off monday should mean everybody's available in the bullpen, Romano throwing 29 pitches is a concern that he may be unavailable though. If that's the case, Chatwood & Borucki are not exactly who i want to watch blow yet another save for me. Borucki has not fared well vs R in his career, so as a potential TOR backer i'm hoping Ryu gets through 7 to then see Chatwood and Romano (if available). Yikes, if no Romano then maybe Thornton or i need someone to tell me who else I'd want

Looks like Soroka had another setback. Going for another surgery on his Achilles. I bet he's done for the year.

CHRIS Martin back with the Braves after 1 appearance in AAA. Their righties our of the bullpen are atrocious and outside of Matzek and Smith there isn't much there. Looks like Minter is back to his walk fest ways.

ehh Matzek was that way for one outing @ NYY and now is a sure thing again so i wouldn't worry too much about Minter. They can all get R out, but Martin and/or Greene will be big adds when they get back to form. Bullpen will be great then

Fried off the IL, which seemed like a phantom injury since he was so bad to start the season. Step in the right direction in his last start, but @ WAS when it isn't warm and with that lineup i'm still not sure i believe. Supposedly a big time competitor and seemed to mix some Ks in with great control for what most resembles a sinkerballer living on corners in the past. He'll have to deal with a heavy R lineup, which feasts on pitch-to-contact guys. Fortunately for Fried, I don't think he sits in that category though he's slightly more than 1 K/IP

On the other side, Ryu was not great in his return from injury but should be better with each start. Acuna will be tough, but glad to be LvL on Freeman and then you hit the underachievers. Ozuna's horrific defense makes him a liability when he's hitting so poorly, Albies cleaning up is okay but then 5-8 is pretty weak since Riley has never been able to hit. Day off monday should mean everybody's available in the bullpen, Romano throwing 29 pitches is a concern that he may be unavailable though. If that's the case, Chatwood & Borucki are not exactly who i want to watch blow yet another save for me. Borucki has not fared well vs R in his career, so as a potential TOR backer i'm hoping Ryu gets through 7 to then see Chatwood and Romano (if available). Yikes, if no Romano then maybe Thornton or i need someone to tell me who else I'd want
Dolis

Not that the skies have cleared, some of that Coor's Field magic is back. I thought I'd lost my over 6', now I'm just hoping to cash my Padres play.

Definitely playing the over 7' in game 2.

Good luck to all...

Not that the skies have cleared, some of that Coor's Field magic is back. I thought I'd lost my over 6', now I'm just hoping to cash my Padres play.

Good luck to all...
6 on the first game ? I must have missed this. Cuz of Yu?
wow

Good luck to all...
Still good on over? Figured it was a chase til late for moi

Just a hunch, but when I post a play it usually loses so don't do it...
a curse for many

There's a system play( all of CTG just vomited) that one of a DH will go over.
If you hit the first, enjoy and don't play the 2nd.
It is the Rockies tho.

Yeah, and thanks for that. I ain't loading up.

Just a hunch that after the cancellation yesterday, the boys are ready to do some flexing and the bums on the hill look ready to oblige.

Back