U.S. Open

I dont have odds , right now, think sabby on the girls side
Yeah I think she's gonna be a decent favorite over Iga right? Should be if not.

No clue what to do with Sinner now, I haven't remotely looked into the doping stuff yet. Was hoping something meaningful would come out today yet nothing but silence. Guess for a banger with a shot beyond the normal favorites Grigor could make waves.

Why is the fake Italian ginger not banned for 2 years?

He’s forever a doper now. Tennis really worried that Carlos have no opposition next 7-8 years.

Such a weird fellow to bend the rules for.

And I don't even have a clue what fake Italian means. Dude was born and raised in Northern Italy. Would be a world class skier if he didn't let that pesky tennis thing get in the way.

You're a strange cat...coming from a cat.

Sabby absolutely pistol whipped Iga in Cincy. Iga won 6 of 30 points on her second serve. Sabby looks like the clear favorite.

I threw money on Andreeva at +2400. She probably should've beaten Iga in Cincy.

Coco doesn't seem to be in good form now.

Sabby absolutely pistol whipped Iga in Cincy. Iga won 6 of 30 points on her second serve. Sabby looks like the clear favorite.

I threw money on Andreeva at +2400. She probably should've beaten Iga in Cincy.

Coco doesn't seem to be in good form now.

Agree with this. I don't really see Sabby losing

Pie cutting the coach loose just before the open.. interesting.
I thought he wwas a dick,but what do I know?

Although the pair achieved great results together, the Croatian coach’s style often attracted criticism. While Rybakina is among the calmest players in tennis, Vukov is far more animated during matches. Some have argued his comments directed at the Kazakhstani were harmful and overly harsh. Rybakina has defended Vukov, saying he was trying to help her.

The former Wimbledon champion’s statement about the split was brief. After announcing they were no longer working together, Rybakina thanked Vukov for his on-court work and wished him well. She also thanked her fans for their continued support of her.

It is unclear whether Rybakina’s short statement indicates a rift behind the scenes. Hopefully, their parting was amicable after their success together. It will be interesting to observe who Rybakina chooses as her next coach. There have been several coaching changes on the WTA Tour this year. Jessica Pegula parted from David Witt in the season’s early months, while Elina Svitolina split with Raemon Sluiter before the Olympics. Rybakina will try not to let her decision to move on from Vukov affect her at the US Open.

I wonder what danny collins is going to bring here. Last GS, US Open
Thinking Mirra to win the quarter. I'm not scared of Iga here.
pretty competitive qtr.
interesting that collins/dolehide are rd1. An American gets eliminated off the bat.

ust brainstorming other options than "to win" tickets

I wonder what danny collins is going to bring here. Last GS, US Open
Thinking Mirra to win the quarter. I'm not scared of Iga here.
pretty competitive qtr.
interesting that collins/dolehide are rd1. An American gets eliminated off the bat.

ust brainstorming other options than "to win" tickets
She really screwed me the other night winning the first set 6-1 then letting Andreeva steamroll her in the 2nd and 3rd. Not high on my list of chicks to pull for at the moment.

Pie cutting the coach loose just before the open.. interesting.
I thought he wwas a dick,but what do I know?

Although the pair achieved great results together, the Croatian coach’s style often attracted criticism. While Rybakina is among the calmest players in tennis, Vukov is far more animated during matches. Some have argued his comments directed at the Kazakhstani were harmful and overly harsh. Rybakina has defended Vukov, saying he was trying to help her.

The former Wimbledon champion’s statement about the split was brief. After announcing they were no longer working together, Rybakina thanked Vukov for his on-court work and wished him well. She also thanked her fans for their continued support of her.

It is unclear whether Rybakina’s short statement indicates a rift behind the scenes. Hopefully, their parting was amicable after their success together. It will be interesting to observe who Rybakina chooses as her next coach. There have been several coaching changes on the WTA Tour this year. Jessica Pegula parted from David Witt in the season’s early months, while Elina Svitolina split with Raemon Sluiter before the Olympics. Rybakina will try not to let her decision to move on from Vukov affect her at the US Open.

I was gonna ask if that was rare to split up right before a major?

I'll be out there Monday through Friday so I won't be able to post all of my horrible live bets but here is a bunch of bets I've already put in.

Shelton straight sets -120 W
Lehecka -170 W
Musetti who I've said I will never bet again -225 W
Rinderknech -150 W
Tiafoe straight sets +125 L
Kostyuk -240 W
Medvedev +300 to win his Qtr
Sabalenka +230 to win the tournament
Muchova +5000 to win the tournament
Muchova +1000 to win Qtr

5-1 with the pending futures.

Last edited:
I'll be out there Monday through Friday so I won't be able to post all of my horrible live bets but here is a bunch of bets I've already put in.

Shelton straight sets -120
Lehecka -170
Musetti who I've said I will never bet again -225
Rinderknech -150
Tiafoe straight sets +125
Kostyuk -240
Muchova +1000 to win Qtr
Like the Medvedev play. Have fun. I need to get up there one of these years.

Haddad-maia O22(shocker)
Kostyuk O21
Parry O21.5
Yafan Wang +289
Siniakova +220

Sabby +260 to win
Badosa +500 to win qtr
M. Andreeva +500 to win qtr

Shelton straight sets -120
Lehecka -170
Musetti who I've said I will never bet again -225
Rinderknech -150
Tiafoe straight sets +125
Kostyuk -240
Muchova +1000 to win Qtr
be sure and wave

you know what sucks for an old guy like me?

with all the 'inka', 'nova', 'mova', I sometimes don't recognize the name until I pull their photo.
Then I know their style.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Collins’ level has evaporated over the last 2-3 mos, but still surprised she lost to dolehide woof
Funny story about this girl Dolehide. A couple of years ago I was just walking around between matches deciding what to watch next. All of a sudden on some random court is some girl with the biggest rack I've ever seen on a tennis player. These things must have been triple Ys or something they were that big.

Anyway I watched her play for a few games or so. She was actually pretty good but those things were beyond a distraction not just for the fans but clearly for her as well. I guess she got them reduced because she looks pretty normal now and is actually a pretty damn good player.

Vekic straight sets -120 W
Vekic/Azarenka -164 W
Peyton Stearns +125 W
Cerundolo/Etcheverry O39.5 W
Musetti -240 W

5-0

Last edited:
heat rule in effect, haha.
Its 94 here(cold front), 97 on the patio and I ust got through grilling steak.

Bellucci/Mensik -154 L
Machac +225, O36.5 W,L
Paolini/Schnaider -161 W but winnings reduced with Paolini opponent quitting early
Bouzkova +150 L
Kenin/Pegula O19.5 W
Osaka -150 in a bet I just hate to make but Muchova was pretty unimpressive in round one and I can't see my futures bets on her cashing. I'd be happy to lose this one but I don't expect to L

3-4 was due for a losing day.

Last edited:
What in the world was that guy seabstian korda doing out there? Had it on an alternate tv and every time I looked up, I had to remind myself he wasn't a woman, but he certainly played like one.

Rybakina walks before match.
Kid needs a good medical doctor and a psych.

THe tennis forum had a poll on which rd she'd walk.
That's pretty bad. Should have had a betting pool.

Back