U.S. OPEN (USGA) FORM SHEETS & Discussion

I’m not sold on Rory. His irons/wedges less than 150 aren’t sharp and I don’t believe he’s made a putt with more than a couple inches of break. See his birdie putt on 6 that wasn’t even close to being on line and then there was another at the start of his second nine. He’ll certainly be in the mix as the weather remains calm so his T2G will shine

Several of the holes are using up tees and most pins are in pretty benign spots. They can change those and dry out the course if they want to tomorrow

Several of the holes are using up tees and most pins are in pretty benign spots. They can change those and dry out the course if they want to tomorrow
Yeah they were saying all morning this is about the easiest round for pin placements they could put in play. Have a feeling come the weekend after the cut they'll be a lot more difficult after over half the field is gone so pace of play won't be forever. They've still been playing over 5 hour rounds today, maybe closer to 5 and a half hours

Thinking back to 2017 at Erin Hills...

I bet Brooks that week :) and Rickie.

Both were -5 after 1 round to co lead.

People hated how easy that was for US Open as well.

Just want to point out a name on leaderboard there as well (and probably most current value I see).

Screenshot_20230615-231513.png

I’ll be closely watching Clark the first 6 holes and if he still going well then I will add on some more win money & top 5

Wonder how Rickie slept last night?

Rickie Fowler holds the 36-hole lead/co-lead for the 12th time on the PGA TOUR (1-for-11 to date; won the 2019 WM Phoenix Open).

This is the second time he's held the lead at the midway point in a major championship (2017 Masters Tournament/T11

Lowest 36-hole score in relation to par at the U.S. Open:

11-under – Rory McIlroy, Congressional (2011/won)
10-under – Martin Kaymer, Pinehurst No. 2 (2014/won)
10-under – Rickie Fowler, Los Angeles Country Club (2023/TBD

Might add a little Saudi Smith and hope him and Scottie fuel off one another and make a run. Added 2u SS +650 pre round 2. No tourney bets on Sticky Ricky but got a 12/1 split to 6 on him ERL and rolled a chunk on him at 3/1 yesterday ERL. Cheering him on but 3/1 no value.

Glutton rd.3 play- Harman top 10 finish +600, 2u

Add- Sam Bennett top 10 +200, 1u
Add- Fitz under 70.5 rd.3 -110 3u

Last edited:
Might add a little Saudi Smith and hope him and Scottie fuel off one another and make a run. Added 2u SS +650 pre round 2. No tourney bets on Sticky Ricky but got a 12/1 split to 6 on him ERL and rolled a chunk on him at 3/1 yesterday ERL. Cheering him on but 3/1 no value.
If I wasn’t on Cam pre tourney his price is what I like the most currently (maybe along with Clark as well). DJ has a fair # too

Rickie Fowler has 12 top-10s in majors since the start of his rookie season in 2010, tied with Matt Kuchar for the most of any player without a major title in that span

Wyndham Clark holds the lead/co-lead for the third time in individual stroke-play events on the PGA TOUR (1-for-2 to date; 2023 Wells Fargo Championship/won, 2019 Honda Classic/T7

Rory McIlroy (65-67-69) opens his 58th major championship with three rounds in the 60s for the fifth time. He went on to win three of the previous four:
o 2011 U.S. Open (won)
o 2014 Open Championship (won)
o 2014 PGA Championship (won)
o 2022 Open Championship (3rd)

World No. 1 Scottie Scheffler finishes eagle-birdie for a 2-under 68 and is currently in sixth-place at the U.S. Open.

In the last 43 rounds of major championships (dating to the start of 2021), he has been ranked inside the top 10 at the conclusion of 27 rounds

Man I gave up on my SS under 69.5 after the bogie on 16 to go 1 over. That eagle from 199 was a rush.

He's had good form last few Sundays. No reason to think he can't get within a stroke early on and take it late.

Reactions: KJ
Man I gave up on my SS under 69.5 after the bogie on 16 to go 1 over. That eagle from 199 was a rush.

He's had good form last few Sundays. No reason to think he can't get within a stroke early on and take it late.
I legit thought you were talking about Saudi Smith since you referred to him as SS in the other thread. BAR tried to give you props last night and I told him I thought you lost the bet.

I legit thought you were talking about Saudi Smith since you referred to him as SS in the other thread. BAR tried to give you props last night and I told him I thought you lost the bet.

Ha sorry. SS for me is Scottie. Saudi is Mullet man. He was 70.5 +110, but I didn’t play it.

Late to post and didn't get to watch any of the final round. Congrats to Wyndham Clark, Lefty & PC for an awesome U.S. Open.

That back 9 was a mofo and I really needed Harman to keep pace but he failed miserably in rounds 2-4. Total -10.75u

Top 10 rd. 1 (MGM, ties paid in full), .5u each
Scheffler +188
Fitzpatrick +333
Homa +320
Pereira +500
Cole +850

Outright win:
Scheffler +600 1u
Homa +3500
.5u (got a few months back when BAR suggested)

Rd. 1- 3ball S. Stevens +125 v. Hardy, Dunlap 3u
Live gut play- Rahm (-1) +200 v. Schaufele (-3), Hovland (+2). 2u
Rd. 2 future- Harman top 10 (ties paid) +250 3u

Glutton rd.3 play- Harman top 10 finish +600, 2u

Add- Sam Bennett top 10 +200, 1u

Add- Fitz under 70.5 rd.3 -110 3u

Better luck this week and GL on your plays

Back